|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Tomie's family with the backyard project?
(a) The co-workers.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The church members.
(d) The builders.
2. Who does Tomie visit every Sunday?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His cousin.
3. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
(a) He is embarrassed about it.
(b) He is proud of it.
(c) He doesn't care about it.
(d) None of these.
4. What does Tomie show by his actions on the first day of school?
(a) His stubborn nature.
(b) His maturity.
(c) His eagerness to learn.
(d) His social awkwardness.
5. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He likes his teacher.
(b) He will be switching classes.
(c) He can learn to draw at home.
(d) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Charlie's girlfriend?
2. How does Tomie's father respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
3. How do Tomie's parents feel about the city moving something out?
4. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Miss Burke's job?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)