|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Tomie meet Miss Burke?
(a) The third day of school.
(b) The first day of school.
(c) The last day of school.
(d) The day before school.
2. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
(a) Puerto Rican.
3. What are the burlap bags used for in the backyard project?
(a) To control the fire.
(b) To catch bugs.
(c) To collect weeds.
(d) To spread seeds.
4. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
(a) He is proud of it.
(b) He is embarrassed about it.
(c) He doesn't care about it.
(d) None of these.
5. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
2. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
3. What state does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
4. What state does Nana Fall Water live in?
5. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)