|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
2. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
(a) His father died.
(b) He started school.
(c) The war started.
(d) There was a hurricane.
3. What does Tomie want to be when he grows up?
(a) A singer.
(b) A writer.
(c) An artist.
(d) A teacher.
4. How does Tomie's mother respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) She cries.
(b) She says bad words.
(c) She jumps for joy.
(d) She throws a party.
5. What is Tomie's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mirror in Tomie's new room look like?
2. Who lets Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
3. What is Tomie reminded of during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
4. What sport does Buddy get equipment for at Christmas?
5. What state does Nana Fall Water live in?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)