|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is home when Tomie gets home from school on his first day?
(a) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. What is the name of the town Tomie lives in at the beginning of the book?
3. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
(a) To adhere the plaster.
(b) To keep it cool.
(c) To clean it down.
(d) To keep it safe from the fire.
4. How does Tomie's mother respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) She throws a party.
(b) She says bad words.
(c) She cries.
(d) She jumps for joy.
5. What are the burlap bags used for in the backyard project?
(a) To catch bugs.
(b) To control the fire.
(c) To collect weeds.
(d) To spread seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Tomie's family with the backyard project?
2. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
3. What ethnicity is Tomie's favorite grandfather?
4. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
5. What is Carol's last name?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)