|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
(c) Puerto Rican.
2. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
(a) The sock drawer.
(b) The sewing box.
(c) The medicine cabinet.
(d) The spice cabinet.
3. What does Tomie say studs are for?
(a) Horse breeding.
(b) Blue prints.
(d) Strength training.
4. What does the title of the book refer to?
(a) A dream Tomie had.
(b) The address of the orphanage.
(c) The house Tomie's father is building.
(d) His mother's childhood home.
5. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
2. What is Tomie reminded of during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
3. What color is the chalk given to Tomie before the walls are finished?
4. Who is Mae West?
5. What happens to the house when the city moves something out?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)