|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
(a) Prays over them.
(b) Sprinkles holy water on them.
(c) Sings songs to them.
(d) Pinches their cheeks.
2. What is the name of Tomie's favorite grandfather?
3. How does Tomie include his distant family in his new house?
(a) He writes about them.
(b) He sends them pictures.
(c) He talks to them about it.
(d) He draws them on the wall.
4. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
(a) He thinks it is a waste of money.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He is excited about it.
(d) He is angry about it.
5. What makes Tomie mad when the walls are finished?
(a) It isn't painted.
(b) His pictures are covered up.
(c) They won't let him help.
(d) He can't go to his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity is Tomie's family on his mother's side?
2. Why is there a big delay in the building of the house?
3. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
4. What state does Nana Fall Water live in?
5. What does the title of the book refer to?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)