|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tomie at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Tomie include his distant family in his new house?
(a) He talks to them about it.
(b) He sends them pictures.
(c) He draws them on the wall.
(d) He writes about them.
3. What mistake is made at the beginning of the day when the weeds are gotten rid of?
(a) The water is not hooked up.
(b) There are too many people.
(c) The fire is too low.
(d) There are not enough tools.
4. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
(a) To keep it safe from the fire.
(b) To clean it down.
(c) To adhere the plaster.
(d) To keep it cool.
5. What state does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
2. What does Tomie want to learn most at school?
3. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
4. What is Tomie's favorite thing to do in his spare time?
5. What does Tomie say to his teacher at the end of his first day of school?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)