|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the title of the book refer to?
(a) The address of the orphanage.
(b) A dream Tomie had.
(c) His mother's childhood home.
(d) The house Tomie's father is building.
2. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
(a) He is not in Carol's class.
(b) He does not have new clothes.
(c) He is not in his house yet.
(d) He has to go in the afternoon.
3. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They are stripped.
(c) They are poisoned.
(d) They are mowed.
4. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) It cause very little damage for how big it was.
(b) It was longer than usual.
(c) They never occur in that area.
(d) There was nobody killed.
5. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
(a) Vivian Leigh.
(b) Shirley Temple.
(c) Evelyn Buche.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
2. What is else is sprayed down when the house is sprayed down?
3. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
4. What has to be put into the backyard?
5. How does Tomie include his distant family in his new house?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)