|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His cousin.
2. What are the brooms used for in the backyard project?
(a) To spread seeds.
(b) To control the fire.
(c) To collect weeds.
(d) To catch bugs.
3. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
(a) None of these.
(b) He is proud of it.
(c) He is embarrassed about it.
(d) He doesn't care about it.
4. What is Tomie reminded of during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Wizard of Oz.
(b) Gone with the Wind.
(c) A book he read.
(d) A painting he saw.
5. What color is the chalk given to Tomie before the walls are finished?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity is Tomie's family on his mother's side?
2. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
3. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
4. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
5. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)