|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
(a) To pave the streets.
(b) To widen the streets.
(c) To put in telephone poles.
(d) To clean the area.
2. What causes Tomie to do something strange while seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) It does not follow the book.
(b) His mother's lullaby is like the music in the movie.
(c) Someone says something mean to him.
(d) He gets scared.
3. What does the cellar covering create?
(a) The foundation.
(c) Sturdy walking space.
(d) The house floor.
4. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
(a) To create plans.
(b) To ask permission.
(c) To make a foundation.
(d) To buy the land.
5. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
(a) They are mowed.
(b) They are poisoned.
(c) They are stripped.
(d) They are burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
2. What year does Tomie begin school?
3. What is Tomie's last name?
4. What happens to everyone in town during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
5. When does the backyard project begin?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)