|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) To get it up to code.
(b) To keep the yard from falling.
(c) To match it to the street level.
(d) To make it safer.
2. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
(a) His stubborn nature.
(b) His social awkwardness.
(c) His maturity.
(d) His eagerness to learn.
3. Why is there a big delay in the building of the house?
(a) The hurricane damages it.
(b) The builder is fired.
(c) They have other priorities.
(d) They run out of money.
4. Why was Tomie's first Disney movie not what he expected?
(a) It was not like the book.
(b) It had music.
(c) It was scary.
(d) It was colorful.
5. What are the brooms used for in the backyard project?
(a) To catch bugs.
(b) To control the fire.
(c) To collect weeds.
(d) To spread seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tomie see his first Disney movie?
2. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
3. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
4. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
5. Why does Tomie get left alone when seeing his first Disney movie?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)