|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
(a) It wasn't in town.
(b) It wasn't finished.
(c) His mother placed holy water on it.
(d) He prayed about it.
2. What is Miss Burke's job?
3. What does the title of the book refer to?
(a) The house Tomie's father is building.
(b) The address of the orphanage.
(c) His mother's childhood home.
(d) A dream Tomie had.
4. How does Tomie know Mr. Papallo?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) Tomie shops at his store.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He works with Tomie's father.
5. What does Tomie say to his teacher at the end of his first day of school?
(a) You are amazing.
(b) I'll be back next year.
(c) This is not what I expected.
(d) This is the best day of my life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
2. Where is the item made out of the things Tomie's father collects placed?
3. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
4. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
5. What year does this book start out in?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)