|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Tomie use most to describe his family?
2. What will be built by the city on Fairmount Avenue?
(a) Street lights.
3. What does the title of the book refer to?
(a) A dream Tomie had.
(b) His mother's childhood home.
(c) The house Tomie's father is building.
(d) The address of the orphanage.
4. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) To match it to the street level.
(b) To keep the yard from falling.
(c) To make it safer.
(d) To get it up to code.
5. Who is Mrs. Crane?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A news reporter.
(c) Tomie's best friend's mother.
(d) The principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Tomie at the beginning of the book?
2. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Tomie mark time as a child?
4. What are the things that Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
5. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)