|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
2. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
(a) His eagerness to learn.
(b) His maturity.
(c) His social awkwardness.
(d) His stubborn nature.
3. What is the first question Tomie asks his kindergarten teacher?
(a) Why he can't sit by Carol.
(b) Where he should sit.
(c) When he will learn to read.
(d) When he will go home.
4. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
(a) By their last name.
(b) By their first name.
(c) By where they live.
(d) By their places of birth.
5. What has to be put into the backyard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
2. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
3. What color is the chalk given to Tomie before the walls are finished?
4. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
5. What kind of natural disaster happens at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)