Chapters 1 and 2
1. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
2. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
3. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
(a) By where they live.
(b) By their last name.
(c) By their places of birth.
(d) By their first name.
4. What does Tomie want to be when he grows up?
(a) A singer.
(b) A writer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An artist.
5. What is Tomie's father building?
(a) A farm.
(b) A monument.
(c) A playground.
(d) A house.
6. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
(a) He is excited about it.
(b) He is angry about it.
(c) He thinks it is a waste of money.
(d) He is confused by it.
7. How old is Tomie at the beginning of the book?
8. What grade does Tomie start at the beginning of the book?
(a) First grade.
(d) Second grade.
9. What state does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(b) New Hampshire.
(d) New Jersey.
This section contains 3,564 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)