* Tomie and his family live in an apartment, and Tomie is excited for the house his father is building.
* Tomie is in kindergarten when the story begins. Buddy, his brother, is 4 years older than him.
* A hurricane hits Connecticut in 1938, which is very rare. Tomie and his family watch from the window and he sees things blowing around like crazy.
* Tomie is reminded of the tornado scene from "The Wizard of Oz".
* The house on Fairmount Avenue is not completed when the hurricane hits, and this saves it. Tomie knows he will never forget 1938.
* Tomie's mother is Irish, and his father is Italian. He loves his cultural heritage.
* Tomie's mother is very religious and has a habit of throwing holy water on people, especially in stressful situations.
* While visiting his grandmother one day, Tomie goes to get candy, and he ends up feeding Nana and himself...
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)