|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aurek see at Tony's home?
2. What does Janusz show Aurek when they return home?
3. What is Bruno's assignment in the army?
4. Who does Gregor leave the camp with in pages 184-215?
5. Who picks up Aurek and Silvana in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
2. What does Aurek contemplate in "Felixstowe"?
3. What does Silvana's body language say to Janusz in "Ipswich"?
4. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
5. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
6. What does Tony give to Silvana in "Felixstowe"?
7. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
8. What changes for Janusz at work in "Ipswich"?
9. What happens when Silvana returns home?
10. What happens between Janusz and Helene after he recuperates in "Poland"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two male characters and compare their roles in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Define theme and discuss the significance of the the theme of change in the book "22 Brittannia Road".
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Silvana and Aurek prior to them moving to England and discuss how it changes upon their arrival.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)