|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arms does Aurek fall from the tree into?
2. What does Janusz teach Aurek?
3. What does Aurek no longer make a fuss about?
4. What happens to Bruno?
5. What does Janusz do after returning home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
2. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
3. What changes for Janusz at work in "Ipswich"?
4. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
5. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
6. What does Aurek contemplate in "Felixstowe"?
7. What does Silvana learn at the woodsman's home in "Poland"?
8. What happens with Bruno in Scotland?
9. What does Janusz cling to in "Ipswich"?
10. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Aurek in England with the relationship between Janusz and Silvana.
Essay Topic 2
Define theme and discuss the significance of the the theme of change in the book "22 Brittannia Road".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that the Polish soldiers had on Janusz.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)