|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did not bring Janusz the peace he expected?
2. What does Aurek think of doing to Tony?
3. What happens to Ela?
4. Who tells Janusz that he needs to leave for England?
5. What does Silvana see in Tony's eyes for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes for Janusz at work in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
3. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
4. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
5. What happens when Silvana returns home?
6. What does Tony give to Silvana in "Felixstowe"?
7. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
8. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
9. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
10. What does Silvana learn at the woodsman's home in "Poland"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that the war has on the characters in the book and compare this to real life experiences.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of the relationship between Peter and Tony and its meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Silvana's realizations regarding Tony at the end of the novel.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)