|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene ask Janusz to do despite risk of arrest?
2. What does Bruno want to do upon arriving in France?
3. What is the only thing Janusz does not destroy in the yard?
4. How many men does Silvana witness the German soldiers killing?
5. What does Aurek no longer make a fuss about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
3. What does Silvana start to realize about Tony in "Felixstowe"?
4. What does Silvana and Aurek watch in "Poland" and what happened to Helene?
5. What does Aurek contemplate in "Felixstowe"?
6. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
7. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
8. Who sees Silvana and Aurek as a miracle?
9. What is the tree for in "Ipswich"?
10. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Silvana and Aurek prior to them moving to England and discuss how it changes upon their arrival.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Gregor and discuss the impact that he has on Silvana and Aurek.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of expectations in Janusz and Silvana's relationship.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)