|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends the day in the woods with Silvana and Aurek?
2. What is Tony's other occupation?
3. Why is Janusz and Silvana's evening sweetness cut short?
4. What does Silvana deduce from the medicine the mother is taking?
5. Who picks up Aurek and Silvana in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janusz cling to in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
3. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
4. What does Silvana's body language say to Janusz in "Ipswich"?
5. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
6. What does Tony give to Silvana in "Felixstowe"?
7. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
8. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
9. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
10. What does Janusz think about while in the house alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Define theme and discuss the theme of loss as depicted in "22 Britannia Road".
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Great Britain in World War II and discuss the significance of reminders of war for Silvana.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)