|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Silvana sleep the night of her birthday?
2. Where do Silvana and Aurek lie to wait for death?
3. Where is Janusz sent to recover?
4. Where does Tony bring Aurek and Silvana?
5. What is Janusz ready to do at the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tree for in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana find out about her personal belongings in "Poland"?
3. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
4. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
5. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
6. What happens with Bruno in Scotland?
7. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
8. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
9. What does Janusz think about while in the house alone?
10. What happens when Silvana returns home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of expectations in Janusz and Silvana's relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Define theme and discuss the theme of loss as depicted in "22 Britannia Road".
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Aurek in England with the relationship between Janusz and Silvana.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)