|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who babysits Aurek as Janusz and Silvana go to the movie?
2. What does Janusz forget about at the farm?
3. What does Janusz realize as he is digging in the yard?
4. What does Silvana worry about while looking at paper clippings?
5. How does Helene die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
2. What does Janusz cling to in "Ipswich"?
3. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
4. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
5. What happens when Silvana returns home?
6. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
7. What does Silvana's body language say to Janusz in "Ipswich"?
8. What happens with Bruno in Scotland?
9. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
10. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Silvana and Aurek prior to them moving to England and discuss how it changes upon their arrival.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Silvana's childhood and the impact that it has on her in later life.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Great Britain in World War II and discuss the significance of reminders of war for Silvana.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)