|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Silvana and Aurek find in a hole left by a bomb?
2. Who kills the German soldier?
3. Why is the German soldier angry?
4. What does Tony ask Silvana after she comes home?
5. Where do Silvana and Aurek lie to wait for death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
2. What does Janusz think about while in the house alone?
3. What does Tony give to Silvana in "Felixstowe"?
4. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
5. What is the tree for in "Ipswich"?
6. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
7. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
8. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
9. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
10. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Silvana and Aurek prior to them moving to England and discuss how it changes upon their arrival.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that the Polish soldiers had on Janusz.
Essay Topic 3
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)