|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Silvana's savior see her and her son?
2. What does Janusz wonder as he sits alone in the house?
3. What happens to Ela?
4. What does Aurek no longer make a fuss about?
5. Why is Janusz and Silvana's evening sweetness cut short?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Silvana returns home?
2. What does Silvana and Aurek watch in "Poland" and what happened to Helene?
3. What does Janusz think about while in the house alone?
4. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
5. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
6. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
7. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
8. What changes for Janusz at work in "Ipswich"?
9. Who sees Silvana and Aurek as a miracle?
10. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Silvana's childhood and the impact that it has on her in later life.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Aurek in England with the relationship between Janusz and Silvana.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how the character of Helene perpetuates conflict in the story line.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)