|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony surprise Silvana with?
2. What is Silvana relieved about doing?
3. Who writes the last letter bringing news from Helene?
4. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
5. Who spends the day in the woods with Silvana and Aurek?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janusz think about while in the house alone?
2. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
3. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
4. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
5. What does Silvana find out about her personal belongings in "Poland"?
6. What does Silvana start to realize about Tony in "Felixstowe"?
7. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
8. What does Silvana learn at the woodsman's home in "Poland"?
9. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
10. What happens when Silvana returns home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define theme and discuss the theme of loss as depicted in "22 Britannia Road".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Silvana's childhood and the impact that it has on her in later life.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of the relationship between Peter and Tony and its meaning.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)