|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stole Silvana's possessions?
2. What does Janusz wonder as he sits alone in the house?
3. What is Janusz's reaction to what Aurek sees?
4. What does Janusz teach Aurek?
5. Where is Silvana returning from when she sees Janusz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
2. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
3. Who sees Silvana and Aurek as a miracle?
4. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
5. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
6. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
7. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
8. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
9. What happens with Bruno in Scotland?
10. What does Silvana's body language say to Janusz in "Ipswich"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of expectations in Janusz and Silvana's relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Aurek in England with the relationship between Janusz and Silvana.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Silvana's childhood and the impact that it has on her in later life.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)