|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Pages 150-183 start?
2. Who does Janusz meet on his way home?
3. What does Silvana see in the mirror after Tony's gift?
4. What are Janusz, Doris and Gilbert about to do when they see Aurek approaching?
5. What does Silvana tell Tony in response to his request?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tree for in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
3. What changes for Janusz at work in "Ipswich"?
4. Who sees Silvana and Aurek as a miracle?
5. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
6. What does Tony give to Silvana in "Felixstowe"?
7. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
8. What does Silvana learn at the woodsman's home in "Poland"?
9. What does Silvana and Aurek watch in "Poland" and what happened to Helene?
10. What does Janusz think about while in the house alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Silvana's realizations regarding Tony at the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Silvana's childhood and the impact that it has on her in later life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that the Polish soldiers had on Janusz.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)