|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janusz do after returning home?
2. Where does Silvana sleep the night of her birthday?
3. What does Bruno want to do upon arriving in France?
4. What does Aurek do when he sees his parents together?
5. What is Silvana relieved about doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
2. What is the tree for in "Ipswich"?
3. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
4. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
5. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
6. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
7. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
8. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
9. What happens when Silvana returns home?
10. What does Silvana find out about her personal belongings in "Poland"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of refugee camps after World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Gregor and discuss the impact that he has on Silvana and Aurek.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Silvana's childhood and the impact that it has on her in later life.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)