|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tony bring Aurek and Silvana?
2. What does Silvana decide to do on the way to Janusz?
3. Why is Janusz and Silvana's evening sweetness cut short?
4. What does Aurek think of doing to Tony?
5. Who tells Janusz that he needs to leave for England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
2. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
3. What happens between Janusz and Helene after he recuperates in "Poland"?
4. What happens when Silvana returns home?
5. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
6. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
7. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
8. Who sees Silvana and Aurek as a miracle?
9. What changes for Janusz at work in "Ipswich"?
10. What does Silvana start to realize about Tony in "Felixstowe"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define theme and discuss the significance of the theme of loneliness in the "22 Britannia Raod".
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of Tony and the conflict that he creates in the plot line for the Nowak family.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Silvana's childhood and the impact that it has on her in later life.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)