|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony frequently do?
2. What does Silvana deduce from the medicine the mother is taking?
3. What does Silvana tell Tony in response to his request?
4. What does Janusz forget about at the farm?
5. Whose arms does Aurek fall from the tree into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana and Aurek watch in "Poland" and what happened to Helene?
3. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
4. What does Silvana's body language say to Janusz in "Ipswich"?
5. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
6. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
7. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
8. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
9. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
10. What does Janusz cling to in "Ipswich"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of the relationship between Peter and Tony and its meaning.
Essay Topic 2
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Gregor and discuss the impact that he has on Silvana and Aurek.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)