|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Silvana witness the German soldiers killing?
2. What does Helene ask Janusz to do despite risk of arrest?
3. Who does the house Silvana is living in belong to?
4. What does Silvana see in Tony's eyes for the first time?
5. Where do Silvana and Aurek lie to wait for death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
2. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
3. What does Silvana start to realize about Tony in "Felixstowe"?
4. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
5. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
6. What does Silvana find out about her personal belongings in "Poland"?
7. What is the tree for in "Ipswich"?
8. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
9. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
10. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of secrets and the impact that they have on relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Tony and the conflict that he creates in the plot line for the Nowak family.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)