|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Janusz and Bruno arrive at in France?
2. What does Silvana do before changing into the dress bought by Janusz?
3. Where is Janusz sent to recover?
4. Why is the German soldier angry?
5. Who does Silvana run into at the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana find out about her personal belongings in "Poland"?
3. What does Tony give to Silvana in "Felixstowe"?
4. What does Silvana learn at the woodsman's home in "Poland"?
5. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
6. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
7. What changes for Janusz at work in "Ipswich"?
8. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
9. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
10. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of refugee camps after World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of Tony and the conflict that he creates in the plot line for the Nowak family.
Essay Topic 3
Define theme and discuss the significance of the theme of loneliness in the "22 Britannia Raod".
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)