|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony say to Janusz when he sees him on the road?
2. Where do Silvana and Aurek lie to wait for death?
3. What does Janusz realize as he is digging in the yard?
4. What is Silvana relieved about doing?
5. Why is Janusz not going to Felixstowe to try to win back Silvana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana's body language say to Janusz in "Ipswich"?
3. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
4. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
5. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
6. What happens between Janusz and Helene after he recuperates in "Poland"?
7. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
8. What does Janusz cling to in "Ipswich"?
9. What does Janusz think about while in the house alone?
10. What does Silvana and Aurek watch in "Poland" and what happened to Helene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Silvana's realizations regarding Tony at the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how the character of Helene perpetuates conflict in the story line.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)