|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janusz hoping for in life because of his patience?
2. What does Tony frequently do?
3. Who picks up Aurek and Silvana in the forest?
4. What does Silvana see in Tony's eyes for the first time?
5. What does Silvana decide to do on the way to Janusz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
3. What does Silvana learn at the woodsman's home in "Poland"?
4. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
5. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
6. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
7. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
8. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
9. What happens between Janusz and Helene after he recuperates in "Poland"?
10. What is the tree for in "Ipswich"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Silvana's realizations regarding Tony at the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that the Polish soldiers had on Janusz.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of expectations in Janusz and Silvana's relationship.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)