|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Janusz that he needs to leave for England?
2. What happens to Ela?
3. What is Silvana relieved about doing?
4. What is Bruno's assignment in the army?
5. Where is Silvana returning from when she sees Janusz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvana find out about her personal belongings in "Poland"?
2. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
3. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
4. What changes for Janusz at work in "Ipswich"?
5. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
6. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
7. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
8. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
9. What does Silvana and Aurek watch in "Poland" and what happened to Helene?
10. What does Silvana learn at the woodsman's home in "Poland"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Great Britain in World War II and discuss the significance of reminders of war for Silvana.
Essay Topic 2
Define theme and discuss the significance of the the theme of change in the book "22 Brittannia Road".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Silvana's childhood and the impact that it has on her in later life.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)