|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene understand about Janusz?
2. Who is Silvana living with a year after leaving Warsaw?
3. What does Janusz forget about at the farm?
4. What does Silvana do before changing into the dress bought by Janusz?
5. What does Tony surprise Silvana with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janusz think about while in the house alone?
2. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
3. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
4. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
5. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
6. What changes for Janusz at work in "Ipswich"?
7. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
8. What does Silvana learn at the woodsman's home in "Poland"?
9. What does Silvana start to realize about Tony in "Felixstowe"?
10. What does Silvana and Aurek watch in "Poland" and what happened to Helene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define theme and discuss the theme of loss as depicted in "22 Britannia Road".
Essay Topic 2
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Silvana and Aurek prior to them moving to England and discuss how it changes upon their arrival.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)