|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Janusz to sing?
2. What does Tony ask Silvana after she comes home?
3. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
4. Who does Janusz meet on his way home?
5. Who does Silvana run into at the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aurek contemplate in "Felixstowe"?
2. What does Silvana and Aurek watch in "Poland" and what happened to Helene?
3. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
4. What does Silvana's body language say to Janusz in "Ipswich"?
5. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
6. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
7. What happens when Silvana returns home?
8. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
9. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
10. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character of Gregor and discuss the impact that he has on Silvana and Aurek.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Silvana's childhood and the impact that it has on her in later life.
Essay Topic 3
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)