|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana tell Tony?
2. Who is Silvana living with a year after leaving Warsaw?
3. Why is Janusz and Silvana's evening sweetness cut short?
4. What does Janusz show Aurek when they return home?
5. What does Silvana see in the mirror after Tony's gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana start to realize about Tony in "Felixstowe"?
3. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
4. Who sees Silvana and Aurek as a miracle?
5. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
6. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
7. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
8. What happens when Silvana returns home?
9. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
10. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of refugee camps after World War II.
Essay Topic 3
Define theme and discuss the significance of the theme of loneliness in the "22 Britannia Raod".
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)