|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Silvana and Aurek after the war?
2. What does Gregor tell Silvana he is?
3. Why is Silvana fired from her job?
4. What are Janusz, Bruno and Franek going across Europe in the hope of doing?
5. What do Silvana and Janusz try to hide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
2. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
3. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
4. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
5. What happens between Hanka and Silvana in "Poland"?
6. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
7. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
8. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
9. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
10. What does the doctor say of Aurek's behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Tony and the conflict that he creates in the plot line for the Nowak family.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how the character of Helene perpetuates conflict in the story line.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that the war has on the characters in the book and compare this to real life experiences.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)