|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janusz try to accept as he boards the train?
2. What is Silvana afraid of while giving birth?
3. What does Ambrose bring Janusz and his travel companions to do?
4. When did Janusz first see Silvana?
5. What is Silvana disappointed in according to pages 29-56?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
2. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
3. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
4. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
5. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
6. What begins to change for Aurek in "Ipswich"?
7. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
8. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
9. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
10. What does Silvana's body language say to Janusz in "Ipswich"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define theme and discuss the theme of loss as depicted in "22 Britannia Road".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of expectations in Janusz and Silvana's relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Tony and the conflict that he creates in the plot line for the Nowak family.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)