|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana constantly reminded about in her youth?
2. What makes Silvana happy?
3. What is Aurek not ready for?
4. What does Janusz say that both he and Silvana know is not true?
5. Where does Janusz meet Silvana and Aurek?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
2. What does Janusz not notice?
3. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
4. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
5. Who is Ambrose?
6. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
7. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
8. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
9. How does Aurek upset Janusz when passing a pub?
10. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Aurek in England with the relationship between Janusz and Silvana.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how the character of Helene perpetuates conflict in the story line.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of secrets and the impact that they have on relationships.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)