|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Franek in love with?
2. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
3. Where is Aurek's friend's family from?
4. Why is Janusz not home when Silvana's water breaks?
5. What does the neighbor agree to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor say of Aurek's behavior?
2. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
3. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
4. What happens between Janusz and Helene after he recuperates in "Poland"?
5. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
6. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
7. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
8. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
9. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
10. What happens when Silvana returns home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of expectations in Janusz and Silvana's relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Silvana's childhood and the impact that it has on her in later life.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Aurek in England with the relationship between Janusz and Silvana.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)