|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Silvana and Aurek spend most of the war hiding?
2. What does Aurek struggle with?
3. Where does Silvana give birth?
4. What is Janusz upset with as he and Aurek return home?
5. Where does Janusz head after being knocked down unconscious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor say of Aurek's behavior?
2. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
3. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
4. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
5. How does Aurek upset Janusz when passing a pub?
6. What does Janusz not notice?
7. What begins to change for Aurek in "Ipswich"?
8. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
9. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
10. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Silvana's realizations regarding Tony at the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of the relationship between Peter and Tony and its meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of refugee camps after World War II.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)