Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana enjoying in Pages 57-82?
2. Where does Aurek hide after running away from school?
3. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
4. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
5. What does Ambrose bring Janusz and his travel companions to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Silvana returns home?
2. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
3. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
4. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
5. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
6. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
7. What does Janusz not notice?
8. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
9. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
10. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of refugee camps after World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Silvana and Aurek prior to them moving to England and discuss how it changes upon their arrival.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Janusz with the relationship between Silvana and Tony.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)