|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the woman who is holding Aurek?
2. Where is Aurek's friend's family from?
3. Who is Aurek named after?
4. Why is Janusz' hope no longer an option?
5. What makes Silvana happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in "Spring 1946: To England"?
2. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
3. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
4. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
5. Who finds Aurek in the boys bathroom?
6. What is Janusz shocked to find?
7. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
8. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
9. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
10. What happens between Hanka and Silvana in "Poland"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Silvana's realizations regarding Tony at the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Silvana and Aurek prior to them moving to England and discuss how it changes upon their arrival.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of secrets and the impact that they have on relationships.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)