|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janusz notice happened recently?
2. What is Silvana enjoying in Pages 57-82?
3. What is Janusz' hope for after the war?
4. Where are Silvana and Aurek after the war?
5. Who does Silvana walk with on her way from the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
2. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
3. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
4. What does Silvana learn at the woodsman's home in "Poland"?
5. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
6. What does Janusz not notice?
7. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
8. What does Aurek contemplate in "Felixstowe"?
9. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
10. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Silvana's childhood and the impact that it has on her in later life.
Essay Topic 2
Define theme and discuss the significance of the theme of loneliness in the "22 Britannia Raod".
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Gregor and discuss the impact that he has on Silvana and Aurek.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)