|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana enjoying in Pages 57-82?
2. What is Aurek not ready for?
3. What does Janusz notice happened recently?
4. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
5. What is Silvana trying to focus on to push the nightmare aside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What begins to change for Aurek in "Ipswich"?
2. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
3. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
4. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
5. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
6. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
7. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
8. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
9. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
10. What happens between Hanka and Silvana in "Poland"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Aurek in England with the relationship between Janusz and Silvana.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Janusz with the relationship between Silvana and Tony.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Silvana's realizations regarding Tony at the end of the novel.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)