|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana have nightmares about?
2. What are Janusz, Bruno and Franek going across Europe in the hope of doing?
3. What store does Tony own?
4. What does the neighbor agree to do?
5. Where do Bruno and Franek convince Janusz to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvana fear?
2. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
3. What warms Silvana's coldness?
4. What happens between Hanka and Silvana in "Poland"?
5. Who is Ambrose?
6. How does Aurek upset Janusz when passing a pub?
7. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
8. What does the doctor say of Aurek's behavior?
9. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
10. What does Janusz purchase for his family according to "22 Britannia Road"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Aurek in England with the relationship between Janusz and Silvana.
Essay Topic 2
Define theme and discuss the significance of the the theme of change in the book "22 Brittannia Road".
Essay Topic 3
Examine how the character of Helene perpetuates conflict in the story line.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)