|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana's hair color?
2. Who discovers Aurek's hiding place?
3. What is Janusz happy about?
4. Who shoots Franek's brother?
5. What does Janusz try to accept as he boards the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
2. What does Silvana try to push aside?
3. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
4. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
5. What begins to change for Aurek in "Ipswich"?
6. What happens between Hanka and Silvana in "Poland"?
7. What is Janusz shocked to find?
8. What happens in "Spring 1946: To England"?
9. How does Aurek upset Janusz when passing a pub?
10. Who finds Aurek in the boys bathroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define theme and discuss the significance of the theme of loneliness in the "22 Britannia Raod".
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of Great Britain in World War II and discuss the significance of reminders of war for Silvana.
Essay Topic 3
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)