|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Silvana and Aurek after the war?
2. What happens to the woman who is holding Aurek?
3. What does Silvana realize while being attracted to Aurek's friend's father?
4. What does Janusz fail to notice during a visit by tony and Peter?
5. What is Janusz upset with as he and Aurek return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
2. What begins to change for Aurek in "Ipswich"?
3. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
4. What warms Silvana's coldness?
5. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
6. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
7. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
8. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
9. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
10. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how the character of Helene perpetuates conflict in the story line.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of the relationship between Peter and Tony and its meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Silvana's realizations regarding Tony at the end of the novel.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)