Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana enjoying in Pages 57-82?
2. Where does Aurek hide after running away from school?
3. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
4. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
5. What does Ambrose bring Janusz and his travel companions to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Silvana returns home?
2. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
3. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
4. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
5. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
6. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
7. What does Janusz not notice?
8. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
9. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
10. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
Discuss the significance of expectations in Janusz and Silvana's relationship.
Examine the role of Great Britain in World War II and discuss the significance of reminders of war for Silvana.
Discuss the significance of refugee camps after World War II.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)