|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanka want to do that causes Silvana feelings of dread?
2. What does Silvana wonder as she and Janusz move into their own flat in "Poland"?
3. What is Franek trying to do as Janusz and Druno eat?
4. What does Silvana do after Janusz leaves?
5. Why is Janusz not home when Silvana's water breaks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
2. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
3. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
4. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
5. What does Janusz purchase for his family according to "22 Britannia Road"?
6. What does Janusz not notice?
7. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
8. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
9. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
10. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that the war has on the characters in the book and compare this to real life experiences.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of secrets and the impact that they have on relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Janusz with the relationship between Silvana and Tony.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)