|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Silvana and Aurek after the war?
2. What does Ambrose agree to help Janusz and his travel companions to do?
3. How old is Silvana when she moves in with Janusz?
4. What job is Silvana able to get?
5. Where does Janusz live with Helene in Pages 83-119?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janusz purchase for his family according to "22 Britannia Road"?
2. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
3. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
4. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
5. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
6. What does Silvana try to push aside?
7. What happens in "Spring 1946: To England"?
8. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
9. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
10. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Define theme and discuss the significance of the theme of loneliness in the "22 Britannia Raod".
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Janusz with the relationship between Silvana and Tony.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)