|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana's hair color?
2. What does Aurek consider his father to be at the start of Pages 120-149?
3. Why is Janusz' hope no longer an option?
4. What does the neighbor agree to do?
5. What is Janusz shocked about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
2. What happens between Hanka and Silvana in "Poland"?
3. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
4. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
5. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
6. How does Aurek upset Janusz when passing a pub?
7. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
8. Who is Ambrose?
9. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
10. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Janusz with the relationship between Silvana and Tony.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Gregor and discuss the impact that he has on Silvana and Aurek.
Essay Topic 3
Define theme and discuss the significance of the the theme of change in the book "22 Brittannia Road".
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)