|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana wonder as she and Janusz move into their own flat in "Poland"?
2. What does Silvana find the morning after being asked to leave the farm?
3. What does Janusz teach Silvana and Aurek to do in Ipswich?
4. What does Janusz miss?
5. What makes Aurek happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janusz purchase for his family according to "22 Britannia Road"?
2. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
3. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
4. What does Silvana try to push aside?
5. Who is Ambrose?
6. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
7. What is Janusz shocked to find?
8. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
9. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
10. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two male characters and compare their roles in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Define theme and discuss the significance of the theme of loneliness in the "22 Britannia Raod".
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Janusz with the relationship between Silvana and Tony.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)