|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Silvana and Aurek spend most of the war hiding?
2. Why does Janusz think the house he bought is lucky in "22 Britannia Road"?
3. What is stronger than Janusz's guilt over leaving his family?
4. What does Silvana find that belongs to Janusz?
5. What does Hanka want to do that causes Silvana feelings of dread?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Janusz shocked to find?
2. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
3. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
4. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
5. What does Janusz not notice?
6. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
7. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
8. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
9. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
10. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of refugee camps after World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Janusz with the relationship between Silvana and Tony.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Great Britain in World War II and discuss the significance of reminders of war for Silvana.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)