|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana enjoying in Pages 57-82?
2. What does the neighbor agree to do?
3. What is Franek trying to do as Janusz and Druno eat?
4. Who is Aurek named after?
5. What store does Tony own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana fear?
3. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
4. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
5. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
6. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
7. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
8. What happens between Hanka and Silvana in "Poland"?
9. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
10. What does Janusz not notice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Janusz with the relationship between Silvana and Tony.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Gregor and discuss the impact that he has on Silvana and Aurek.
Essay Topic 3
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)