|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aurek not understand in his first night in the new house?
2. Where does Janusz meet Silvana and Aurek?
3. What army do the two soldiers going to the farm belong to?
4. Where does Aurek hide in school?
5. What are Janusz, Bruno and Franek going across Europe in the hope of doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aurek contemplate in "Felixstowe"?
2. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
3. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
4. Who sees Silvana and Aurek as a miracle?
5. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
6. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
7. What does Silvana find out about her personal belongings in "Poland"?
8. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
9. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
10. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of the relationship between Peter and Tony and its meaning.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Janusz with the relationship between Silvana and Tony.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Silvana and Aurek prior to them moving to England and discuss how it changes upon their arrival.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)