|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Silvana and Aurek spend most of the war hiding?
2. What does Silvana tell Hanka she is not interested in doing?
3. Why does Janusz stay in the farmhouse he comes across?
4. What is Silvana disappointed in according to pages 29-56?
5. What does Janusz fail to notice during a visit by tony and Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
2. What does the doctor say of Aurek's behavior?
3. What does Silvana try to push aside?
4. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
5. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
6. What does Silvana fear?
7. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
8. What does Janusz not notice?
9. What does Janusz purchase for his family according to "22 Britannia Road"?
10. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how the character of Helene perpetuates conflict in the story line.
Essay Topic 2
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Define theme and discuss the theme of loss as depicted in "22 Britannia Road".
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)