|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana have nightmares about?
2. Where does Janusz live with Helene in Pages 83-119?
3. Who is Aurek named after?
4. What is Silvana's hair color?
5. Why is Janusz' hope no longer an option?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ambrose?
2. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
3. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
4. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
5. What does Janusz not notice?
6. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
7. What does Silvana fear?
8. What does the doctor say of Aurek's behavior?
9. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
10. What does Janusz purchase for his family according to "22 Britannia Road"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Great Britain in World War II and discuss the significance of reminders of war for Silvana.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of the relationship between Peter and Tony and its meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two male characters and compare their roles in the novel.
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)