|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana disappointed in according to pages 29-56?
2. When did Janusz first see Silvana?
3. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
4. Who does Silvana walk with on her way from the farm?
5. What is Janusz upset with as he and Aurek return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
2. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
3. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
4. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
5. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
6. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
7. Who finds Aurek in the boys bathroom?
8. What warms Silvana's coldness?
9. What is Janusz shocked to find?
10. What begins to change for Aurek in "Ipswich"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define theme and discuss the significance of the theme of loneliness in the "22 Britannia Raod".
Essay Topic 2
Define theme and discuss the theme of loss as depicted in "22 Britannia Road".
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Janusz with the relationship between Silvana and Tony.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)