|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Janusz' hope no longer an option?
2. What is Silvana afraid of while giving birth?
3. Who is Franek in love with?
4. What army do the two soldiers going to the farm belong to?
5. What job is Silvana able to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
2. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
3. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
4. What does the doctor say of Aurek's behavior?
5. What begins to change for Aurek in "Ipswich"?
6. What does Silvana fear?
7. What is Janusz shocked to find?
8. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
9. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
10. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of refugee camps after World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of the relationship between Peter and Tony and its meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Define foreshadowing and discuss how Amanda Hodgkinson uses foreshadowing to further the plot of the story.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)