|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Aurek happy?
2. What does Janusz try to accept as he boards the train?
3. How do Hanka, Silvana and Aurek get food and shelter?
4. What does Silvana have nightmares about?
5. Where does Silvana give birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvana fear?
2. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
3. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
4. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
5. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
6. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
7. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
8. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
9. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
10. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Janusz with the relationship between Silvana and Tony.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of secrets and the impact that they have on relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Tony and the conflict that he creates in the plot line for the Nowak family.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)