Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana enjoying in Pages 57-82?
2. Where does Aurek hide after running away from school?
3. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
4. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
5. What does Ambrose bring Janusz and his travel companions to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Silvana returns home?
2. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
3. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
4. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
5. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
6. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
7. What does Janusz not notice?
8. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
9. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
10. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
Examine the significance of the relationship between Peter and Tony and its meaning.
Choose two male characters and compare their roles in the novel.
Discuss the significance of Silvana's childhood and the impact that it has on her in later life.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)