|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana fear will happen?
2. What is Franek trying to do as Janusz and Druno eat?
3. What does Silvana have nightmares about?
4. What does Ambrose bring Janusz and his travel companions to do?
5. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
2. What happens in "Spring 1946: To England"?
3. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
4. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
5. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
6. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
7. What does Janusz not notice?
8. What is Janusz shocked to find?
9. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
10. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Janusz with the relationship between Silvana and Tony.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Gregor and discuss the impact that he has on Silvana and Aurek.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Silvana and Aurek in England with the relationship between Janusz and Silvana.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)