|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Aurek and the boy who discover him do?
2. What does Silvana tell Tony she wants?
3. What does Aurek struggle with?
4. Why are Aurek and his new friend forgiven for their behavior?
5. What is Silvana enjoying in Pages 57-82?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ambrose?
2. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
3. What begins to change for Aurek in "Ipswich"?
4. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
5. What does Janusz not notice?
6. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
7. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
8. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
9. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
10. What happens in "Spring 1946: To England"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how the character of Helene perpetuates conflict in the story line.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that the Polish soldiers had on Janusz.
Essay Topic 3
Define theme and discuss the significance of the the theme of change in the book "22 Brittannia Road".
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)