|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should the thief not be punished for his or her actions?
(a) Because of giving so much of oneself to Silvana.
(b) Because it is Silvana's.
(c) Because it is without value.
(d) Because it is war.
2. What is Tony's other occupation?
(a) Bingo host.
(d) Black marketeer.
3. What does Tony tell Silvana she should pose as to avoid tarnishing her reputation?
(a) A renter.
(b) A distant cousin.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) His sister.
4. Who babysits Aurek as Janusz and Silvana go to the movie?
(a) He stays alone.
(d) A local teenager.
5. What is Silvana relieved about doing?
(a) Being able to collect newspaper clippings.
(b) Being with Tony.
(c) Telling Janusz the truth.
(d) Moving out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Janusz end up sick?
2. What does Janusz wonder as he sits alone in the house?
3. Where do Silvana and Aurek lie to wait for death?
4. What do Janus, Doris and Gilbert discuss in Page 240-271?
5. What does Janusz forget about at the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvana's body language say to Janusz in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Janusz cling to in "Ipswich"?
3. What does Silvana find out about her personal belongings in "Poland"?
4. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
5. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
6. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
7. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
8. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
9. What happens with Bruno in Scotland?
10. What happens between Janusz and Helene after he recuperates in "Poland"?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)