|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did not bring Janusz the peace he expected?
(c) Having Aurek at home.
(d) Being out of Poland.
2. Who does the house Silvana is living in belong to?
(a) Tony's wife's parents.
(b) An old neigbor.
(d) A dead soldier.
3. What does Tony frequently do?
(a) Brings pictures of his dead wife.
(b) Brings Silvana flowers.
(c) Brings Janusz food.
(d) He does not show despite plans to do so.
4. What is Janusz hoping for in life because of his patience?
(a) For a better job.
(b) For a bigger house.
(c) For a promotion.
(d) For a new car.
5. Why are rooks dangerous?
(a) They are protective of their nests.
(b) They have sharp beaks.
(c) They usually aim for the eyes.
(d) That are large.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aurek go after the rook's nest?
2. What is Silvana relieved to see when she comes home after leaving Tony?
3. What does Silvana do after leaving Tony?
4. What is Silvana shocked at as Tony enters the house?
5. Who stole Silvana's possessions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sees Silvana and Aurek as a miracle?
2. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
3. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
4. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
5. What does Aurek contemplate in "Felixstowe"?
6. What happens with Bruno in Scotland?
7. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
8. What is the tree for in "Ipswich"?
9. What does Silvana learn at the woodsman's home in "Poland"?
10. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)