|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Silvana relieved to see when she comes home after leaving Tony?
(a) That she has enough money for the divorce fees.
(b) That Janusz is not at home.
(c) That Helene's letters are not there anymore.
(d) That her suitcase is still where she left it.
2. What do Janus, Doris and Gilbert discuss in Page 240-271?
(a) The car.
(d) The war.
3. What is the only thing Janusz does not destroy in the yard?
(a) The flower beds.
(b) The vegetable garden.
(c) The tree house.
(d) The swing.
4. Who spends the day in the woods with Silvana and Aurek?
(b) Doris and Peter.
(c) Peter and Tony.
(d) Janusz and Peter.
5. How do Tony and Silvana arrange to see each other?
(a) When Janusz works.
(b) When the boys are in school.
(c) When Silvana pretends to go to work.
(d) When the boys get together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana relieved about doing?
2. What is Silvana shocked at as Tony enters the house?
3. Who tells Janusz that he needs to leave for England?
4. Who kills the German soldier?
5. What does Silvana do after leaving Tony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
2. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
3. What does Silvana find out about her personal belongings in "Poland"?
4. What does Tony give to Silvana in "Felixstowe"?
5. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
6. What happens between Janusz and Helene after he recuperates in "Poland"?
7. What happens when Silvana returns home?
8. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
9. What does Silvana and Aurek watch in "Poland" and what happened to Helene?
10. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)