|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janusz want to do in France?
(a) Gets in the Resistance.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Raises his family.
(d) Finds a wife.
2. Who is Silvana living with a year after leaving Warsaw?
(b) Gregor and his followers.
3. How does Helene die?
(a) She drown.
(c) She was hit by a car.
(d) Shot by a German soldier.
4. What does Silvana want to tell Tony, but backtracks at the last moment and leaves?
(a) That she was fired.
(b) Her life story.
(c) That she wants to go with him.
(d) That she still loves Janusz.
5. What is the only thing Janusz does not destroy in the yard?
(a) The vegetable garden.
(b) The flower beds.
(c) The swing.
(d) The tree house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Janus, Doris and Gilbert discuss in Page 240-271?
2. What does Silvana worry about while looking at paper clippings?
3. Why is the German soldier angry?
4. What is Tony's other occupation?
5. Who spends the day in the woods with Silvana and Aurek?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
3. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
4. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
5. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
6. What happens when Silvana returns home?
7. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
8. What happens with Bruno in Scotland?
9. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
10. What happens between Janusz and Helene after he recuperates in "Poland"?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)