|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Aurek come down with?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) A cold.
(d) Chicken Pox.
2. Why does Aurek go after the rook's nest?
(a) To make a pen holder with the nest.
(b) To get a feather.
(c) To eat it.
(d) To bring a gift to his father.
3. What does Silvana know is a mistake?
(a) Caring for the dying man.
(b) Living in the forest.
(c) Leaving Gregor.
(d) Giving in to Gregor's advances.
4. What does Helene understand about Janusz?
(a) That she can only have a temporary relationship with him.
(b) That she can never have him.
(c) That he loves her for her body only.
(d) That she would need to move to England to have him.
5. What prompts Janusz to sing?
(a) A song on the radio.
(b) A passing car.
(c) A screaming baby.
(d) A cuckoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the house Silvana is living in belong to?
2. What do Silvana and Aurek find in a hole left by a bomb?
3. What does Bruno want to do upon arriving in France?
4. Whose arms does Aurek fall from the tree into?
5. What does Tony surprise Silvana with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
2. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
3. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
4. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
5. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
6. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
7. What does Janusz cling to in "Ipswich"?
8. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
9. What is the tree for in "Ipswich"?
10. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)