|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Silvana relieved about doing?
(a) Moving out of the house.
(b) Being with Tony.
(c) Telling Janusz the truth.
(d) Being able to collect newspaper clippings.
2. What is Bruno's assignment in the army?
(c) Air Force.
(d) Tank corp.
3. How do Tony and Silvana arrange to see each other?
(a) When Silvana pretends to go to work.
(b) When the boys get together.
(c) When the boys are in school.
(d) When Janusz works.
4. Why is Janusz and Silvana's evening sweetness cut short?
(a) Silvana starts talking about the war.
(b) The movie is not good.
(c) Silvana is sick.
(d) Janusz asks Silvana for another baby.
5. What does Silvana deduce from the medicine the mother is taking?
(a) That she knows Gregor.
(b) That she has money.
(c) That she supports a German soldier.
(d) That Gregor is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana relieved to see when she comes home after leaving Tony?
2. Who does Janusz meet on his way home?
3. What does Janusz forget about at the farm?
4. How often does Silvana send a postcard to Janusz?
5. What does Janusz realize as he is digging in the yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
2. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
3. What does Aurek contemplate in "Felixstowe"?
4. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
5. Who sees Silvana and Aurek as a miracle?
6. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
7. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
8. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
9. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
10. What is the tree for in "Ipswich"?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)