|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony tell Silvana she should pose as to avoid tarnishing her reputation?
(a) A distant cousin.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) His sister.
(d) A renter.
2. Why should the thief not be punished for his or her actions?
(a) Because of giving so much of oneself to Silvana.
(b) Because it is without value.
(c) Because it is Silvana's.
(d) Because it is war.
3. What illness does Aurek come down with?
(a) A cold.
(b) Scarlet fever.
(d) Chicken Pox.
4. What does Tony frequently do?
(a) Brings Silvana flowers.
(b) He does not show despite plans to do so.
(c) Brings pictures of his dead wife.
(d) Brings Janusz food.
5. What does Aurek do after running out?
(a) Goes see Peter.
(b) Goes to his father.
(c) Goes to the pet sotre.
(d) Goes to hide in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Aurek and Silvana in the forest?
2. What do Silvana and Aurek find in a hole left by a bomb?
3. What does Tony ask Silvana after she comes home?
4. What does Janusz teach Aurek?
5. What does Silvana think she needs to keep her son safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
2. What does Silvana start to realize about Tony in "Felixstowe"?
3. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
4. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
5. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
6. What happens when Silvana returns home?
7. What does Silvana find out about her personal belongings in "Poland"?
8. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
9. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
10. What happens with Bruno in Scotland?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)