|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aurek run out into the rain?
(a) His mother tells him his real father is dead.
(b) His mother tells him he is not really her son.
(c) His mother doesn't want him to play with Peter anymore.
(d) His mother tells him they are going to move out.
2. Who writes the last letter bringing news from Helene?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband,
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does Silvana want to tell Tony, but backtracks at the last moment and leaves?
(a) That she was fired.
(b) Her life story.
(c) That she still loves Janusz.
(d) That she wants to go with him.
4. What does Aurek no longer make a fuss about?
(a) Eating his food.
(b) Going to school.
(c) Sleeping in his bed.
(d) Playing nice with Peter.
5. What does Bruno want to do upon arriving in France?
(a) Take a vacation.
(b) Go to bars.
(c) Enroll in the army.
(d) Get a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janusz hoping for in life because of his patience?
2. How many men does Silvana witness the German soldiers killing?
3. What does Aurek see at Tony's home?
4. What does Helene understand about Janusz?
5. Who stole Silvana's possessions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tree for in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Janusz cling to in "Ipswich"?
3. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
4. What does Silvana learn at the woodsman's home in "Poland"?
5. What does Silvana's body language say to Janusz in "Ipswich"?
6. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
7. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
8. What does Silvana find out about her personal belongings in "Poland"?
9. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
10. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)