|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silvana do before changing into the dress bought by Janusz?
(a) Tells Aurek that they are going home.
(b) Writes Tony a letter.
(c) Burns the dresses given by Tony.
(d) Throws the news clipping on orphans out the window.
2. When do Pages 150-183 start?
3. Why is the German soldier angry?
(a) He thought Marysia was his.
(b) He thought he was going to be fed.
(c) He thought he was the only man in Ela's life.
(d) He thought Gregor was dead.
4. What are Janusz, Doris and Gilbert about to do when they see Aurek approaching?
(a) Go for tea.
(b) Go to the movie.
(c) Go repair the car.
(d) Go for a walk.
5. Whose arms does Aurek fall from the tree into?
(a) Peter's arms.
(b) Janusz's arms.
(c) Tony's arms.
(d) Silvana's arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana worry about while looking at paper clippings?
2. What does Tony frequently do?
3. Who spends the day in the woods with Silvana and Aurek?
4. What does Tony say to Janusz when he sees him on the road?
5. Who kills the German soldier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
2. What happens between Janusz and Helene after he recuperates in "Poland"?
3. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
4. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
5. What does Janusz think about while in the house alone?
6. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
7. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
8. What does Janusz cling to in "Ipswich"?
9. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
10. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)