|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Silvana shocked at as Tony enters the house?
(a) How happy she is to see him.
(b) How handsome he is.
(c) How tall he is.
(d) What big teeth he has.
2. Who kills the German soldier?
3. Where do Silvana and Aurek lie to wait for death?
(a) A red velvet chaise longue.
(b) A green velvet chaise longue.
(c) A purple velvet chaise longue.
(d) A blue velvet chaise longue.
4. Who does Janusz meet on his way home?
(c) His boss.
5. What does Aurek see at Tony's home?
(a) Tony moving large boxes of food.
(b) Tony looking at his wife's image.
(c) Tony slapping Silvana.
(d) Tony and his mother kissing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janusz show Aurek when they return home?
2. What do Silvana and Aurek find in a hole left by a bomb?
3. What does Silvana do after leaving Tony?
4. What does Janusz realize as he is digging in the yard?
5. When does Silvana realize that Tony is projecting the feeling he has for his dead wife onto her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
3. What does Silvana's body language say to Janusz in "Ipswich"?
4. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
5. What does Janusz think about while in the house alone?
6. What happens with Bruno in Scotland?
7. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
8. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
9. What does Tony give to Silvana in "Felixstowe"?
10. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)