|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janusz look to purchase?
(a) A new house.
(b) A bike for Aurek.
(c) A ring for Silvana.
(d) A car.
2. What does Janusz teach Aurek?
(a) To catch fish.
(b) To catch birds.
(c) To catch birds' eggs.
(d) To pick mushrooms.
3. Why is Janusz not going to Felixstowe to try to win back Silvana?
(a) He is afraid she would reject him.
(b) His car is broken,.
(c) He thinks Tony is armed.
(d) He doesn't want her back.
4. What illness does Aurek come down with?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) A cold.
(d) Chicken Pox.
5. When do Pages 150-183 start?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should the thief not be punished for his or her actions?
2. What is Bruno's assignment in the army?
3. Who stole Silvana's possessions?
4. Where do Silvana and Aurek lie to wait for death?
5. How many silver birch trees does Janusz plant in his backyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
2. What happens when Silvana returns home?
3. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
4. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
5. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
6. Who sees Silvana and Aurek as a miracle?
7. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
8. What does Janusz think about while in the house alone?
9. What happens with Bruno in Scotland?
10. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)