|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should the thief not be punished for his or her actions?
(a) Because it is war.
(b) Because it is Silvana's.
(c) Because of giving so much of oneself to Silvana.
(d) Because it is without value.
2. Who is Silvana saved by in Poland?
(a) A soldier and his family.
(b) A farmer and his wife.
(c) A woodsman and his family.
(d) A nun and her convent.
3. What does Aurek no longer make a fuss about?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Eating his food.
(c) Sleeping in his bed.
(d) Playing nice with Peter.
4. What does Janusz do after returning home?
(b) Burns Helene's letters.
(c) Reads Helene's letters.
(d) Calls Silvana.
5. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
(a) To go to America.
(b) To go to France.
(c) To return to Poland.
(d) Find his wife and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene ask Janusz to do despite risk of arrest?
2. What does Bruno want to do upon arriving in France?
3. What is Janusz's reaction to what Aurek sees?
4. What is Tony's other occupation?
5. Why does Aurek run out into the rain?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)