|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silvana receive for her birthday?
(a) A ring.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A new car.
(d) A television.
2. Where does Silvana sleep the night of her birthday?
(a) At Doris's.
(b) In Aurek's bed.
(c) In the couch.
(d) With Tony.
3. What does Silvana know is a mistake?
(a) Living in the forest.
(b) Leaving Gregor.
(c) Giving in to Gregor's advances.
(d) Caring for the dying man.
4. How does Janusz end up sick?
(a) A bug bit him.
(b) He spends the night in a cold and damp basement
(c) He eats something bad.
(d) He falls asleep in the sun.
5. What does Silvana do after leaving Tony?
(a) She files for divorce.
(b) She goes and tries to find a job,
(c) She prepares her suitcase.
(d) She goes to check on Helene's love letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
2. How does Silvana's savior see her and her son?
3. What does Silvana think she needs to keep her son safe?
4. Why is the German soldier angry?
5. What happens to Bruno?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sees Silvana and Aurek as a miracle?
2. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
3. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
4. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
5. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
6. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
7. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
8. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
9. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
10. What happens when Silvana returns home?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)