|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Aurek come down with?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(c) A cold.
(d) Scarlet fever.
2. Why does Aurek run out into the rain?
(a) His mother tells him his real father is dead.
(b) His mother tells him they are going to move out.
(c) His mother tells him he is not really her son.
(d) His mother doesn't want him to play with Peter anymore.
3. What does Aurek no longer make a fuss about?
(a) Sleeping in his bed.
(b) Playing nice with Peter.
(c) Eating his food.
(d) Going to school.
4. What does Silvana do before changing into the dress bought by Janusz?
(a) Writes Tony a letter.
(b) Throws the news clipping on orphans out the window.
(c) Tells Aurek that they are going home.
(d) Burns the dresses given by Tony.
5. Why are rooks dangerous?
(a) They usually aim for the eyes.
(b) They have sharp beaks.
(c) They are protective of their nests.
(d) That are large.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janusz forget about at the farm?
2. Why is the German soldier angry?
3. How many men does Silvana witness the German soldiers killing?
4. What does Aurek see at Tony's home?
5. What does Tony say to Janusz when he sees him on the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
2. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
3. What does Janusz do upon returning home?
4. What does Janusz cling to in "Ipswich"?
5. What does Janusz want to do despite the risk?
6. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
7. What does Silvana learn when Peter's grandmother comes to visit?
8. What happens when Silvana returns home?
9. What changes for Janusz at work in "Ipswich"?
10. What does Silvana find out about her personal belongings in "Poland"?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)