|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janusz miss?
(a) Speaking Polish.
(b) The company of a woman.
(c) His parents.
(d) Polish food.
2. What is Aurek not ready for?
(a) To be a civilized person.
(b) To be the son Janusz wants.
(c) To be a boy.
(d) To be a friend to Peter.
3. Where does Silvana give birth?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) The neighbor's floor.
(d) In her own bed.
4. Who is Aurek named after?
(a) Janusz's brother.
(b) Silvana's father.
(c) Janusz's father.
(d) Silvana's brother.
5. Where do Bruno and Franek convince Janusz to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Janusz think the house he bought is lucky in "22 Britannia Road"?
2. Where does Janusz meet Silvana and Aurek?
3. What does Hanka want to do that causes Silvana feelings of dread?
4. What is the name of the neighbor Silvana meets?
5. Who tricks the Polish according to the two soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aurek contemplate in "Felixstowe"?
2. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
3. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
4. What does Janusz cling to in "Ipswich"?
5. What does Silvana fear?
6. What happens when Silvana returns home?
7. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
8. How does Aurek upset Janusz when passing a pub?
9. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
10. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)