|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silvana feel free from when she first moves in with Janusz?
(a) From her grandparents.
(b) From her brothers.
(c) From her mother.
(d) Frem her ex-boyfriend.
2. Why is Silvana fired from her job?
(a) She doesn't understand instructions in English.
(b) They are cutting back production.
(c) She doesn't work fast enough.
(d) She arrives late.
3. What does Silvana tell Hanka she is not interested in doing?
(a) Going back to Warsaw.
(b) Going to England.
(c) Going to Russia.
4. What does Janusz teach Silvana and Aurek to do in Ipswich?
(b) Behave in society.
(c) Eat with fork.
(d) Play without being violent.
5. Who is Franek in love with?
(a) A girl at the village.
(b) A goat.
(c) A banana.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What store does Tony own?
2. Where is Aurek's friend's family from?
3. What is Janusz happy about?
4. Why is Janusz not home when Silvana's water breaks?
5. How long have Silvana and Aurek not seen Janusz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who finds Aurek in the boys bathroom?
2. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
3. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
4. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
5. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
6. What happens in "Spring 1946: To England"?
7. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
8. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
9. What warms Silvana's coldness?
10. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)