Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Silvana enjoying in Pages 57-82?
(a) English food.
(b) The life of an urban wife.
(d) The sun.
2. Where does Aurek hide after running away from school?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In an abandoned house.
(d) In the backyard.
3. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
(a) To join the army.
(b) To try to find a house in England.
(c) To see the world.
(d) To go away from them.
4. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
(a) To leave for Spain.
(b) To leave for Warsaw.
(c) To leave for England.
(d) To leave for France.
5. What does Ambrose bring Janusz and his travel companions to do?
(a) Shoping in town.
(b) Herding cows.
(d) Getting mushroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana constantly reminded about in her youth?
2. Who does Silvana walk with on her way from the farm?
3. What is Janusz happy about?
4. What does Gregor tell Silvana he is?
5. Where does Silvana give birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Silvana returns home?
2. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
3. What happens between Silvana and Gregor a year after Silvana left Warsaw?
4. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
5. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
6. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
7. What does Janusz not notice?
8. Why is Silvana embarassed in "Ipswich"?
9. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
10. What does Janusz learn as he waits for Bruno to return?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)