|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silvana fear will happen?
(a) Aurek will not become civilized.
(b) Janusz will find her inadequate.
(c) She wil not be able to learn English.
(d) She will not find a job.
2. What is Franek trying to do as Janusz and Druno eat?
(a) He is trying to catch a cat.
(b) He tries to kill a chicken.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is playing with the pigs.
3. What does Janusz compare what he wants his family to be to?
(a) His job.
(b) His painting.
(c) His English garden.
(d) His car.
4. How long have Silvana and Aurek not seen Janusz?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. Where is Aurek's friend's family from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Janusz head after being knocked down unconscious?
2. How old is Silvana when she moves in with Janusz?
3. What is stronger than Janusz's guilt over leaving his family?
4. How does Franek die?
5. What does the neighbor agree to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana try to push aside?
3. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
4. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
5. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
6. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
7. Who is Ambrose?
8. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
9. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
10. What happens between Hanka and Silvana in "Poland"?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)