|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers Aurek's hiding place?
2. What is Aurek not ready for?
(a) To be a friend to Peter.
(b) To be the son Janusz wants.
(c) To be a civilized person.
(d) To be a boy.
3. What is Janusz upset with as he and Aurek return home?
(a) Aurek trying to eat a bird.
(b) Aurek ignoring other boys asking to play.
(c) Aurek playing Tarzan.
(d) Aurek playing war games.
4. What is Silvana afraid of while giving birth?
(a) To have her mother's bad luck and that the child will die.
(b) That it will be painful.
(c) That the baby will be a girl.
(d) That war will break her family.
5. How do Hanka, Silvana and Aurek get food and shelter?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With cash looted from dead people.
(c) With a promise to help with the farm.
(d) With Silvana's ring and Hanka's willingness to give herself to the farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana's hair color?
2. Who is Franek in love with?
3. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
4. What does Janusz use to remember Helene?
5. What does Janusz fail to notice during a visit by tony and Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Janusz not notice?
3. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
4. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
5. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
6. What is Janusz shocked to find?
7. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
8. What does Silvana fear?
9. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
10. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)