|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janusz compare what he wants his family to be to?
(a) His car.
(b) His job.
(c) His painting.
(d) His English garden.
2. What does Silvana do after Janusz leaves?
(a) She flees Poland.
(b) She goes to her parents.
(c) She recluses herself in their apartment.
(d) She tries to find another husband.
3. Where does Janusz live with Helene in Pages 83-119?
4. What does Silvana do after the German soldier leaves the apartment?
(a) She barricades the door.
(b) She tries to find a weapon.
(c) She tries to find a renter for the room.
(d) She gathers her things and leaves.
5. What does Janusz fail to notice during a visit by tony and Peter?
(a) That Tony only has eyes for Silvana.
(b) Thay Peter doesn't like him.
(c) That Aurek doesn't like Tony.
(d) That Aurek and Peter have a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Silvana when she moves in with Janusz?
2. Who does Janusz try to forget as his wife and son come to England?
3. How are Silvana and Aurek traveling in pages 1-28?
4. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
5. Who shoots Franek's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in "Spring 1946: To England"?
2. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
3. What does the doctor say of Aurek's behavior?
4. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
5. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
6. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
7. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
8. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
9. What does Silvana try to push aside?
10. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)