|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janusz compare what he wants his family to be to?
(a) His job.
(b) His car.
(c) His painting.
(d) His English garden.
2. What does Silvana feel free from when she first moves in with Janusz?
(a) From her grandparents.
(b) From her mother.
(c) From her brothers.
(d) Frem her ex-boyfriend.
3. Where is Aurek's friend's family from?
4. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
(a) To leave for England.
(b) To leave for Spain.
(c) To leave for France.
(d) To leave for Warsaw.
5. What does Silvana fear will happen?
(a) Janusz will find her inadequate.
(b) She will not find a job.
(c) She wil not be able to learn English.
(d) Aurek will not become civilized.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Silvana get the German soldier who arrives seeking her apartment to leave?
2. What is Franek trying to do as Janusz and Druno eat?
3. What makes Aurek happy?
4. What is Janusz upset with as he and Aurek return home?
5. Who finds Silvana and Aurek after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvana try to push aside?
2. What does Silvana fear?
3. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
4. What happens in "Spring 1946: To England"?
5. What does Janusz reminisce about in "Ipswich"?
6. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
7. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
8. Who finds Aurek in the boys bathroom?
9. What warms Silvana's coldness?
10. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)