|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Silvana and Aurek after the war?
(c) Janusz' brother.
(d) The Red Cross.
2. What is Aurek pretending to be?
(a) A wild boar.
(b) A soldier.
(d) A monkey.
3. What are Janusz, Bruno and Franek going across Europe in the hope of doing?
(a) Starting a new life.
(b) Escaping the war and wait.
(c) Buying a farm.
(d) Joining the fight against Russia and Germany.
4. Who does Silvana walk with on her way from the farm?
(a) A woman named Yuska.
(b) A man named Gregor.
(c) An elderly couple.
(d) By herself.
5. What does Janusz notice happened recently?
(a) Tony comes often when he is not at home.
(b) Silvana grows distant from him.
(c) Silvana and Aurek are not as close.
(d) Silvana is not happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hank's former occupation?
2. What is Janusz happy about?
3. What does Silvana tell Tony she wants?
4. What makes Silvana panic in Tony's store?
5. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
2. What begins to change for Aurek in "Ipswich"?
3. What happens in "Spring 1946: To England"?
4. What does Silvana fear?
5. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
6. Who finds Aurek in the boys bathroom?
7. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
8. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
9. What does Silvana try to push aside?
10. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)