|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aurek not ready for?
(a) To be the son Janusz wants.
(b) To be a friend to Peter.
(c) To be a civilized person.
(d) To be a boy.
2. What is Aurek pretending to be?
(b) A wild boar.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A monkey.
3. Why is Janusz not home when Silvana's water breaks?
(a) He is going to the store.
(b) He is in prison.
(c) He is in the army.
(d) He is at work.
4. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
(a) To leave for Spain.
(b) To leave for England.
(c) To leave for Warsaw.
(d) To leave for France.
5. What do Aurek and the boy who discover him do?
(a) They go in class together.
(b) Peter brings Aurek to the principal office.
(c) They go to the infirmery.
(d) They skip school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janusz compare what he wants his family to be to?
2. What is Silvana constantly reminded about in her youth?
3. What makes Silvana panic in Tony's store?
4. Why does Janusz stay in the farmhouse he comes across?
5. How do Hanka, Silvana and Aurek get food and shelter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
2. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
3. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
4. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
5. What warms Silvana's coldness?
6. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
7. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
8. Who is Ambrose?
9. What does Silvana try to push aside?
10. How does Aurek upset Janusz when passing a pub?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)