|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
(a) To leave for Warsaw.
(b) To leave for England.
(c) To leave for Spain.
(d) To leave for France.
2. What is the name of the neighbor Silvana meets?
3. What does Silvana feel free from when she first moves in with Janusz?
(a) From her grandparents.
(b) From her brothers.
(c) From her mother.
(d) Frem her ex-boyfriend.
4. Why is Silvana fired from her job?
(a) She arrives late.
(b) They are cutting back production.
(c) She doesn't understand instructions in English.
(d) She doesn't work fast enough.
5. What is Silvana constantly reminded about in her youth?
(a) Her dead brothers.
(b) Her dead twin sister.
(c) Her dead aunt.
(d) Her death father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hank's former occupation?
2. What does the neighbor agree to do?
3. What is Silvana trying to focus on to push the nightmare aside?
4. What does Janusz fail to notice during a visit by tony and Peter?
5. What does Silvana do after the German soldier leaves the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What begins to change for Aurek in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
3. How does Aurek upset Janusz when passing a pub?
4. What does the doctor say of Aurek's behavior?
5. What happens in "Spring 1946: To England"?
6. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
7. What warms Silvana's coldness?
8. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
9. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
10. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)