|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aurek consider his father to be at the start of Pages 120-149?
(a) His friend.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His competitor.
(d) The enemy.
2. What does Silvana wonder as she and Janusz move into their own flat in "Poland"?
(a) If Janusz married her out of duty.
(b) If Janusz married her because of her money.
(c) If Janusz married her because he needed a maid.
(d) If Janusz will love their son as much as her.
3. What does Janusz say that both he and Silvana know is not true?
(a) People stay the same.
(b) People can change.
(c) People never stop loving.
(d) People can adapt.
4. What does Silvana fear will happen?
(a) She will not find a job.
(b) She wil not be able to learn English.
(c) Janusz will find her inadequate.
(d) Aurek will not become civilized.
5. What job is Silvana able to get?
(c) Factory seamstress.
(d) Sales lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana do after the German soldier leaves the apartment?
2. How long does Janusz stay in the farm before two soldiers arrive?
3. Who finds Silvana and Aurek after the war?
4. What is Janusz' hope for after the war?
5. How do Hanka, Silvana and Aurek get food and shelter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
2. What does Silvana start to realize about Tony in "Felixstowe"?
3. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
4. What does Janusz purchase for his family according to "22 Britannia Road"?
5. What develops for Silvana in "Ipswich"?
6. Who tends to Janusz in "Poland" and why?
7. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
8. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
9. How is the evening's sweetness cut short?
10. What happens when Silvana returns home?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)