|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gregor tell Silvana he is?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A priest.
2. What does Aurek not understand in his first night in the new house?
(a) How to stay indoor.
(b) What is happening between his mother and father.
(c) How to eat with silverware.
(d) How to sleep on a bed.
3. What makes Silvana panic in Tony's store?
(a) A pile of bones.
(b) A cat.
(c) A gun.
(d) A mouse.
4. What does Aurek struggle with?
(b) Going to school.
(c) Sleeping in a bed.
(d) Having a father.
5. Where does Silvana and Aurek spend most of the war hiding?
(a) In a destroyed church.
(b) In a deserted factory.
(c) In Warsaw.
(d) In the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana realize while being attracted to Aurek's friend's father?
2. What is Janusz upset with as he and Aurek return home?
3. What makes Silvana happy?
4. What does Janusz fail to notice during a visit by tony and Peter?
5. Where does Aurek hide after running away from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ambrose?
2. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
3. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
4. What does Janusz purchase for his family according to "22 Britannia Road"?
5. What happens between Hanka and Silvana in "Poland"?
6. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
7. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
8. What is Janusz shocked to find?
9. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
10. What does Janusz not notice?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)