|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silvana find that belongs to Janusz?
(a) The letter Janusz wrote her, but never sent.
(b) The letters from Helene.
(c) A photo of him and Helene.
(d) A letter Janusz wrote to his son.
2. What does Silvana realize while being attracted to Aurek's friend's father?
(a) That she has trust issues.
(b) That she doesn't love Janusz any longer.
(c) That she is not sure she wants to stay in England.
(d) That she might be able to love Janusz again as before.
3. What does Silvana have nightmares about?
(b) The war.
(c) The woods.
(d) Protecting Aurek.
4. How old is Aurek?
5. Where does Aurek hide in school?
(a) In the cafeteria.
(b) Under the parked bikes.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) Under a desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hank's former occupation?
2. What does Janusz notice happened recently?
3. What does Silvana tell Hanka she is not interested in doing?
4. What army do the two soldiers going to the farm belong to?
5. How old is Silvana when she moves in with Janusz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvana decide with some relief in "Ipswich"?
2. What changes for Janusz at work in "Ipswich"?
3. What gruesome scene dd Silvana and Aurek run away from?
4. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
5. What does Silvana try to push aside?
6. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
7. What happens at Christmas in "Ipswich"?
8. What is Silvana shocked about when Tony arrives to watch Aurek?
9. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
10. What does Silvana tell Tony after they return from the woods in "Ipswich"?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)