|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janusz notice happened recently?
(a) Silvana grows distant from him.
(b) Silvana is not happy.
(c) Tony comes often when he is not at home.
(d) Silvana and Aurek are not as close.
2. Why does Janusz stay in the farmhouse he comes across?
(a) It is the house of the dead peasant.
(b) He promissed the farmer.
(c) It is empty.
(d) It belongs to his family.
3. What does Janusz say that both he and Silvana know is not true?
(a) People can change.
(b) People stay the same.
(c) People can adapt.
(d) People never stop loving.
4. Why are Aurek and his new friend forgiven for their behavior?
(a) Their parents do not know.
(b) They both find friends.
(c) They are both war survivors.
(d) Their parents do not think skipping school is a big deal.
5. Where does Aurek hide in school?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Under the parked bikes.
(c) In the cafeteria.
(d) Under a desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Silvana and Aurek traveling in pages 1-28?
2. Where does Silvana give birth?
3. Where are Silvana and Aurek after the war?
4. What is Silvana's hair color?
5. What is Silvana enjoying in Pages 57-82?
Short Essay Questions
1. What begins to change for Aurek in "Ipswich"?
2. What happens to Janusz over a month after being knocked unconscious?
3. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
4. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
5. Who is Ambrose?
6. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
7. How does "Poland, 1937" describe Silvana's mother?
8. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
9. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
10. What is Janusz shocked to find?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)