|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aurek not ready for?
(a) To be a friend to Peter.
(b) To be a civilized person.
(c) To be a boy.
(d) To be the son Janusz wants.
2. What job is Silvana able to get?
(c) Sales lady.
(d) Factory seamstress.
3. How long have Silvana and Aurek not seen Janusz?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 years.
4. Why is Janusz' hope no longer an option?
(a) Brazil is too hot.
(b) France is destroyer.
(c) Poland is communist.
(d) America is too strong.
5. What is Silvana trying to focus on to push the nightmare aside?
(b) The future.
(c) Her duties as a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Silvana when she moves in with Janusz?
2. What are Janusz, Bruno and Franek going across Europe in the hope of doing?
3. What is stronger than Janusz's guilt over leaving his family?
4. What is Janusz' hope for after the war?
5. What store does Tony own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
2. What does Silvana fear?
3. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
4. What warms Silvana's coldness?
5. What begins to change for Aurek in "Ipswich"?
6. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
7. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
8. What happens between Hanka and Silvana in "Poland"?
9. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
10. What does Janusz purchase for his family according to "22 Britannia Road"?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)