|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Silvana constantly reminded about in her youth?
(a) Her dead brothers.
(b) Her dead twin sister.
(c) Her dead aunt.
(d) Her death father.
2. Who is Aurek named after?
(a) Janusz's brother.
(b) Janusz's father.
(c) Silvana's brother.
(d) Silvana's father.
3. How are Silvana and Aurek traveling in pages 1-28?
4. What does Silvana do after Janusz leaves?
(a) She flees Poland.
(b) She recluses herself in their apartment.
(c) She tries to find another husband.
(d) She goes to her parents.
5. What is Hank's former occupation?
(a) Night club singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose agree to help Janusz and his travel companions to do?
2. What does Silvana feel free from when she first moves in with Janusz?
3. Where is Aurek's friend's family from?
4. Who discovers Aurek's hiding place?
5. What does Silvana fear will happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
2. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
3. What does Silvana fear?
4. What comes as a shock to Janusz when Aurek interrupts?
5. What does Silvana try to push aside?
6. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
7. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
8. What warms Silvana's coldness?
9. What happens in "Spring 1946: To England"?
10. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)