|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Janusz think the house he bought is lucky in "22 Britannia Road"?
(a) It had a nice front door.
(b) It is in a good neighborhood.
(c) It is cheap.
(d) It shows little of the effects of war.
2. What is Janusz upset with as he and Aurek return home?
(a) Aurek playing Tarzan.
(b) Aurek ignoring other boys asking to play.
(c) Aurek playing war games.
(d) Aurek trying to eat a bird.
3. What does Janusz compare what he wants his family to be to?
(a) His English garden.
(b) His job.
(c) His car.
(d) His painting.
4. What does Aurek not understand in his first night in the new house?
(a) How to sleep on a bed.
(b) How to stay indoor.
(c) How to eat with silverware.
(d) What is happening between his mother and father.
5. What makes Silvana panic in Tony's store?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A pile of bones.
(c) A cat.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Aurek and his new friend forgiven for their behavior?
2. What does the neighbor agree to do?
3. Who finds Silvana and Aurek after the war?
4. What is Silvana disappointed in according to pages 29-56?
5. What store does Tony own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in "Spring 1946: To England"?
2. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
3. Who is Ambrose?
4. What does Janusz not notice?
5. What does Silvana try to push aside?
6. Who finds Aurek in the boys bathroom?
7. What is Janusz shocked to find?
8. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
9. What do Aurek and Silvana struggle against in "Ipswich"?
10. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)