|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Janusz happy about?
(a) That Aurek can sleep without nightmares.
(b) That Silvana has a job.
(c) That Silvana wants another child.
(d) That Aurek is adjusting.
2. Who tricks the Polish according to the two soldiers?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Polish.
(d) The French.
3. Why does Janusz think the house he bought is lucky in "22 Britannia Road"?
(a) It had a nice front door.
(b) It is cheap.
(c) It shows little of the effects of war.
(d) It is in a good neighborhood.
4. What is Janusz upset with as he and Aurek return home?
(a) Aurek playing Tarzan.
(b) Aurek trying to eat a bird.
(c) Aurek ignoring other boys asking to play.
(d) Aurek playing war games.
5. What does Aurek consider his father to be at the start of Pages 120-149?
(a) His friend.
(b) His competitor.
(c) His uncle.
(d) The enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Aurek?
2. Where does Aurek hide after running away from school?
3. How does Franek die?
4. How long have Silvana and Aurek not seen Janusz?
5. What does Silvana have nightmares about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
2. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
3. What is Silvana enjoying in "Poland"?
4. What does Silvana worry about in "Poland"?
5. What happens after Janusz is knocked unconscious?
6. Who is Ambrose?
7. What is Janusz shocked to find?
8. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
9. What does Silvana accidentally come across in "Ipswich"?
10. What does Silvana learn after receiving a gift from Tony in "Ipswich"?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)