|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanka want to do that causes Silvana feelings of dread?
(a) Go back to Poland.
(b) Go to England.
(c) Go to Russia.
(d) Go to Germany.
2. What does Janusz use to remember Helene?
(a) A piece of fabric.
(b) A pendant she gave him.
(c) A letter she sent him.
(d) His good memory.
3. What does Silvana have nightmares about?
(a) The war.
(b) Protecting Aurek.
(c) The woods.
4. What is the name of the neighbor Silvana meets?
5. What does Janusz compare what he wants his family to be to?
(a) His job.
(b) His painting.
(c) His English garden.
(d) His car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Silvana and Aurek after the war?
2. What does Silvana find that belongs to Janusz?
3. Why does Janusz think the house he bought is lucky in "22 Britannia Road"?
4. Where does Aurek hide after running away from school?
5. Where does Janusz live with Helene in Pages 83-119?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janusz try to accept when boarding a train in "Poland"?
2. How does Janusz and Silvana feel on the first night of their reunion?
3. Why is Silvana disappointed in Great Britain according to "Ipswich"?
4. What does Janusz not notice?
5. Where do the three men travel in "Poland"?
6. What are young boys of Poland encouraged to do in "Poland, 1939"?
7. Who does Silvana run into when she leaves the house?
8. What happens when Silvana gave Aurek to a woman to hold in "Poland"?
9. What is Janusz shocked to find?
10. What does Silvana try to push aside?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)