Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silvana deduce from the medicine the mother is taking?
(a) That she supports a German soldier.
(b) That she has money.
(c) That she knows Gregor.
(d) That Gregor is dead.
2. What does Aurek do after running out?
(a) Goes to the pet sotre.
(b) Goes to hide in the woods.
(c) Goes to his father.
(d) Goes see Peter.
3. Why should the thief not be punished for his or her actions?
(a) Because it is war.
(b) Because it is Silvana's.
(c) Because it is without value.
(d) Because of giving so much of oneself to Silvana.
4. Why does Aurek go after the rook's nest?
(a) To get a feather.
(b) To eat it.
(c) To bring a gift to his father.
(d) To make a pen holder with the nest.
5. Who does the house Silvana is living in belong to?
(a) A dead soldier.
(b) Tony's wife's parents.
(c) An old neigbor.
6. Where does Silvana sleep the night of her birthday?
(a) In the couch.
(b) At Doris's.
(c) In Aurek's bed.
(d) With Tony.
7. Who picks up Aurek and Silvana in the forest?
(a) The American Military.
(b) The French Military.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The British military.
8. What does Silvana see in the mirror after Tony's gift?
(a) A movie star.
(b) A noblewoman.
(c) A rich woman.
(d) A new woman.
9. What does Janusz show Aurek when they return home?
(a) The trees in the backyard.
(b) A picture of Silvana and him before the war.
(c) A picture of his grandparents.
(d) The picture of them the first day.
10. Who tells Janusz that he needs to leave for England?
(a) Helene's father.
(d) Helene's husband.
11. What illness does Aurek come down with?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(b) Scarlet fever.
(d) A cold.
12. What is the only thing Janusz does not destroy in the yard?
(a) The swing.
(b) The vegetable garden.
(c) The flower beds.
(d) The tree house.
13. What does Silvana worry about while looking at paper clippings?
(a) That her son is still alive.
(b) That she stole Aurek from his real mother.
(c) That Aurek will discover she stole him.
(d) That Aurek's mother is still alive.
14. What does Tony surprise Silvana with?
(a) A wardrobe full of clothes.
(b) A new car.
(c) A diner.
(d) Tickets for America.
15. What does Silvana decide to do on the way to Janusz?
(a) Tell him the truth about Aurek.
(b) Tell Janusz that she wants a divorce.
(c) Tell Janusz to go back to Poland.
(d) Pretend Aurek lied.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana tell Tony in response to his request?
2. Why is Janusz and Silvana's evening sweetness cut short?
3. What does Janusz wonder as he sits alone in the house?
4. When do Pages 150-183 start?
5. How often does Silvana send a postcard to Janusz?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)