|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who babysits Aurek as Janusz and Silvana go to the movie?
(c) He stays alone.
(d) A local teenager.
2. Who does Silvana run into at the beach?
3. Why does Aurek go after the rook's nest?
(a) To bring a gift to his father.
(b) To make a pen holder with the nest.
(c) To get a feather.
(d) To eat it.
4. What is Silvana relieved about doing?
(a) Being with Tony.
(b) Moving out of the house.
(c) Telling Janusz the truth.
(d) Being able to collect newspaper clippings.
5. Who picks up Aurek and Silvana in the forest?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The British military.
(c) The French Military.
(d) The American Military.
6. What is Silvana shocked at as Tony enters the house?
(a) How tall he is.
(b) What big teeth he has.
(c) How happy she is to see him.
(d) How handsome he is.
7. Why does Aurek run out into the rain?
(a) His mother doesn't want him to play with Peter anymore.
(b) His mother tells him they are going to move out.
(c) His mother tells him his real father is dead.
(d) His mother tells him he is not really her son.
8. What does Silvana deduce from the medicine the mother is taking?
(a) That she knows Gregor.
(b) That Gregor is dead.
(c) That she supports a German soldier.
(d) That she has money.
9. What does Janusz forget about at the farm?
(a) The war.
(d) His wife.
10. Where do Silvana and Aurek lie to wait for death?
(a) A red velvet chaise longue.
(b) A purple velvet chaise longue.
(c) A blue velvet chaise longue.
(d) A green velvet chaise longue.
11. What does Aurek no longer make a fuss about?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Playing nice with Peter.
(c) Sleeping in his bed.
(d) Eating his food.
12. What does Janusz realize as he is digging in the yard?
(a) That he loves Aurek.
(b) That he can't live in England.
(c) That he has no more dreams.
(d) That he loves Silvana.
13. Who does Janusz meet on his way home?
(c) His boss.
14. Who is Bruno flirting with in Scotland?
15. Who kills the German soldier?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Pages 150-183 start?
2. What does Silvana want to tell Tony, but backtracks at the last moment and leaves?
3. Where does Silvana sleep the night of her birthday?
4. What does Janusz teach Aurek?
5. Who spends the day in the woods with Silvana and Aurek?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)