|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silvana worry about while looking at paper clippings?
(a) That her son is still alive.
(b) That Aurek will discover she stole him.
(c) That she stole Aurek from his real mother.
(d) That Aurek's mother is still alive.
2. Who kills the German soldier?
3. What does Silvana deduce from the medicine the mother is taking?
(a) That she knows Gregor.
(b) That Gregor is dead.
(c) That she has money.
(d) That she supports a German soldier.
4. Who picks up Aurek and Silvana in the forest?
(a) The American Military.
(b) The French Military.
(c) The British military.
(d) The Red Cross.
5. What is Silvana relieved about doing?
(a) Being with Tony.
(b) Moving out of the house.
(c) Being able to collect newspaper clippings.
(d) Telling Janusz the truth.
6. Why is Janusz not going to Felixstowe to try to win back Silvana?
(a) He is afraid she would reject him.
(b) His car is broken,.
(c) He doesn't want her back.
(d) He thinks Tony is armed.
7. How does Helene die?
(a) Shot by a German soldier.
(b) She was hit by a car.
(c) She drown.
8. Where do Janusz and Bruno arrive at in France?
9. What do Janus, Doris and Gilbert discuss in Page 240-271?
(a) The car.
(b) The war.
10. How many men does Silvana witness the German soldiers killing?
11. What is Tony's other occupation?
(a) Bingo host.
(c) Black marketeer.
12. When do Pages 150-183 start?
13. Whose arms does Aurek fall from the tree into?
(a) Peter's arms.
(b) Silvana's arms.
(c) Janusz's arms.
(d) Tony's arms.
14. When does Silvana realize that Tony is projecting the feeling he has for his dead wife onto her?
(a) After confronting Tony about the clothes.
(b) After talking with his parents.
(c) After talking about marriage with him.
(d) After talking with Peter.
15. What does Aurek do when he sees his parents together?
(a) He jump from the porch.
(b) He goes and hides.
(c) He hangs from the window.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tony bring Aurek and Silvana?
2. What does Silvana think she needs to keep her son safe?
3. What does Janusz do after returning home?
4. What is Janusz hoping for in life because of his patience?
5. Who is Silvana living with a year after leaving Warsaw?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)