|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Silvana and Aurek lie to wait for death?
(a) A purple velvet chaise longue.
(b) A blue velvet chaise longue.
(c) A red velvet chaise longue.
(d) A green velvet chaise longue.
2. Why are rooks dangerous?
(a) That are large.
(b) They have sharp beaks.
(c) They usually aim for the eyes.
(d) They are protective of their nests.
3. What does Janusz realize as he is digging in the yard?
(a) That he loves Silvana.
(b) That he has no more dreams.
(c) That he can't live in England.
(d) That he loves Aurek.
4. Where does Tony bring Aurek and Silvana?
(a) To France.
(b) His house by the sea.
(c) To his boat.
(d) To his shop.
5. What does Silvana tell Tony?
(a) That she wants to go back to Janusz.
(b) That she slept with a German soldier.
(c) That she killed a woman.
(d) That the real Aurek is dead.
6. How does Janusz end up sick?
(a) He eats something bad.
(b) A bug bit him.
(c) He spends the night in a cold and damp basement
(d) He falls asleep in the sun.
7. When do Pages 150-183 start?
8. What do Janus, Doris and Gilbert discuss in Page 240-271?
(b) The war.
(d) The car.
9. How do Tony and Silvana arrange to see each other?
(a) When Silvana pretends to go to work.
(b) When Janusz works.
(c) When the boys are in school.
(d) When the boys get together.
10. What does Aurek do after running out?
(a) Goes to the pet sotre.
(b) Goes to his father.
(c) Goes see Peter.
(d) Goes to hide in the woods.
11. Who does Janusz meet on his way home?
(c) His boss.
12. Who does Silvana run into at the beach?
13. What are Janusz, Doris and Gilbert about to do when they see Aurek approaching?
(a) Go for tea.
(b) Go repair the car.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Go to the movie.
14. How does Helene die?
(b) She was hit by a car.
(c) Shot by a German soldier.
(d) She drown.
15. Why is the German soldier angry?
(a) He thought Gregor was dead.
(b) He thought he was the only man in Ela's life.
(c) He thought Marysia was his.
(d) He thought he was going to be fed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gregor leave the camp with in pages 184-215?
2. Who writes the last letter bringing news from Helene?
3. Who does the house Silvana is living in belong to?
4. What does Silvana see in the mirror after Tony's gift?
5. What does Janusz want to do in France?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)