|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Tony and Silvana arrange to see each other?
(a) When Silvana pretends to go to work.
(b) When the boys get together.
(c) When the boys are in school.
(d) When Janusz works.
2. Where does Tony bring Aurek and Silvana?
(a) To France.
(b) To his boat.
(c) To his shop.
(d) His house by the sea.
3. Who picks up Aurek and Silvana in the forest?
(a) The British military.
(b) The French Military.
(c) The American Military.
(d) The Red Cross.
4. What happens to Bruno?
(a) His submarine sinks.
(b) His tank is destroyed.
(c) His ship is sunk.
(d) His plane crashes in the fog.
5. What does Janusz want to do in France?
(a) Finds a wife.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Gets in the Resistance.
(d) Raises his family.
6. What is the only thing Janusz does not destroy in the yard?
(a) The vegetable garden.
(b) The swing.
(c) The tree house.
(d) The flower beds.
7. When do Pages 150-183 start?
8. Who does the house Silvana is living in belong to?
(a) Tony's wife's parents.
(c) A dead soldier.
(d) An old neigbor.
9. What does Tony surprise Silvana with?
(a) A diner.
(b) A wardrobe full of clothes.
(c) Tickets for America.
(d) A new car.
10. What is Janusz hoping for in life because of his patience?
(a) For a better job.
(b) For a bigger house.
(c) For a promotion.
(d) For a new car.
11. What does Tony ask Silvana after she comes home?
(a) To leave with him.
(b) To accept jewelry from him.
(c) To meet him in the forest.
(d) To bring Aurek to play with Peter at the park.
12. What does Silvana deduce from the medicine the mother is taking?
(a) That she knows Gregor.
(b) That she has money.
(c) That she supports a German soldier.
(d) That Gregor is dead.
13. Why is Janusz and Silvana's evening sweetness cut short?
(a) Silvana starts talking about the war.
(b) Silvana is sick.
(c) The movie is not good.
(d) Janusz asks Silvana for another baby.
14. What does Bruno want to do upon arriving in France?
(a) Enroll in the army.
(b) Go to bars.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Take a vacation.
15. What does Tony frequently do?
(a) Brings Janusz food.
(b) Brings Silvana flowers.
(c) Brings pictures of his dead wife.
(d) He does not show despite plans to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Janusz and Bruno arrive at in France?
2. Who writes the last letter bringing news from Helene?
3. When does Silvana realize that Tony is projecting the feeling he has for his dead wife onto her?
4. Who spends the day in the woods with Silvana and Aurek?
5. What is Bruno's assignment in the army?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)