|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Silvana and Aurek lie to wait for death?
(a) A purple velvet chaise longue.
(b) A green velvet chaise longue.
(c) A red velvet chaise longue.
(d) A blue velvet chaise longue.
2. What does Aurek do after running out?
(a) Goes to hide in the woods.
(b) Goes to his father.
(c) Goes see Peter.
(d) Goes to the pet sotre.
3. What does Aurek no longer make a fuss about?
(a) Sleeping in his bed.
(b) Playing nice with Peter.
(c) Eating his food.
(d) Going to school.
4. How does Janusz end up sick?
(a) He eats something bad.
(b) He spends the night in a cold and damp basement
(c) He falls asleep in the sun.
(d) A bug bit him.
5. What happens to Bruno?
(a) His tank is destroyed.
(b) His ship is sunk.
(c) His plane crashes in the fog.
(d) His submarine sinks.
6. How does Silvana's savior see her and her son?
(a) As parasites.
(b) As miracles.
(c) As lost souls.
(d) As strangers.
7. What does Janusz do after returning home?
(a) Reads Helene's letters.
(c) Burns Helene's letters.
(d) Calls Silvana.
8. Why does Aurek run out into the rain?
(a) His mother tells him his real father is dead.
(b) His mother tells him they are going to move out.
(c) His mother tells him he is not really her son.
(d) His mother doesn't want him to play with Peter anymore.
9. Why should the thief not be punished for his or her actions?
(a) Because it is war.
(b) Because it is Silvana's.
(c) Because of giving so much of oneself to Silvana.
(d) Because it is without value.
10. Who does Janusz meet on his way home?
(d) His boss.
11. What does Silvana want to tell Tony, but backtracks at the last moment and leaves?
(a) That she still loves Janusz.
(b) Her life story.
(c) That she was fired.
(d) That she wants to go with him.
12. Where is Janusz sent to recover?
(a) In England.
(b) In Marseille.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In the country.
13. Where is Silvana returning from when she sees Janusz?
(a) Clearning her clothes.
(b) The beach.
(c) The store.
(d) From a restaurant.
14. When do Pages 150-183 start?
15. Who does the house Silvana is living in belong to?
(b) An old neigbor.
(c) A dead soldier.
(d) Tony's wife's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana relieved about doing?
2. What does Tony surprise Silvana with?
3. How many men does Silvana witness the German soldiers killing?
4. What does Janusz teach Aurek?
5. What does Janusz realize as he is digging in the yard?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)