|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Silvana run into at the beach?
2. Why does Aurek run out into the rain?
(a) His mother doesn't want him to play with Peter anymore.
(b) His mother tells him they are going to move out.
(c) His mother tells him he is not really her son.
(d) His mother tells him his real father is dead.
3. What are Janusz, Doris and Gilbert about to do when they see Aurek approaching?
(a) Go repair the car.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Go for tea.
(d) Go to the movie.
4. Who stole Silvana's possessions?
(b) A German soldier.
5. What does Aurek do after running out?
(a) Goes see Peter.
(b) Goes to the pet sotre.
(c) Goes to hide in the woods.
(d) Goes to his father.
6. What does Janusz forget about at the farm?
(c) His wife.
(d) The war.
7. Who babysits Aurek as Janusz and Silvana go to the movie?
(b) A local teenager.
(d) He stays alone.
8. What does Silvana tell Tony in response to his request?
(a) That she can't leave without Aurek.
(b) That they cannot meet without Janusz present.
(c) That she doesn't like the forest.
(d) Thet she doesn't wear jewelry.
9. When does Silvana realize that Tony is projecting the feeling he has for his dead wife onto her?
(a) After talking with his parents.
(b) After talking about marriage with him.
(c) After confronting Tony about the clothes.
(d) After talking with Peter.
10. Why is Janusz not going to Felixstowe to try to win back Silvana?
(a) He doesn't want her back.
(b) He is afraid she would reject him.
(c) He thinks Tony is armed.
(d) His car is broken,.
11. What does Silvana know is a mistake?
(a) Giving in to Gregor's advances.
(b) Living in the forest.
(c) Caring for the dying man.
(d) Leaving Gregor.
12. What is the only thing Janusz does not destroy in the yard?
(a) The vegetable garden.
(b) The swing.
(c) The tree house.
(d) The flower beds.
13. What does Silvana worry about while looking at paper clippings?
(a) That her son is still alive.
(b) That she stole Aurek from his real mother.
(c) That Aurek's mother is still alive.
(d) That Aurek will discover she stole him.
14. How do Tony and Silvana arrange to see each other?
(a) When Silvana pretends to go to work.
(b) When the boys are in school.
(c) When Janusz works.
(d) When the boys get together.
15. What did not bring Janusz the peace he expected?
(a) Being out of Poland.
(b) Having Aurek at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the German soldier angry?
2. What do Janus, Doris and Gilbert discuss in Page 240-271?
3. What does Tony frequently do?
4. Who does Gregor leave the camp with in pages 184-215?
5. How does Helene die?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)