|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Pages 150-183 start?
2. What does Janusz show Aurek when they return home?
(a) A picture of Silvana and him before the war.
(b) A picture of his grandparents.
(c) The picture of them the first day.
(d) The trees in the backyard.
3. Where do Silvana and Aurek lie to wait for death?
(a) A green velvet chaise longue.
(b) A blue velvet chaise longue.
(c) A red velvet chaise longue.
(d) A purple velvet chaise longue.
4. Whose arms does Aurek fall from the tree into?
(a) Peter's arms.
(b) Silvana's arms.
(c) Janusz's arms.
(d) Tony's arms.
5. What is Bruno's assignment in the army?
(b) Tank corp.
(c) Air Force.
6. Why does Aurek run out into the rain?
(a) His mother tells him he is not really her son.
(b) His mother tells him his real father is dead.
(c) His mother tells him they are going to move out.
(d) His mother doesn't want him to play with Peter anymore.
7. Where does Tony bring Aurek and Silvana?
(a) To France.
(b) His house by the sea.
(c) To his shop.
(d) To his boat.
8. Why does Aurek go after the rook's nest?
(a) To make a pen holder with the nest.
(b) To eat it.
(c) To get a feather.
(d) To bring a gift to his father.
9. Who kills the German soldier?
10. What does Helene understand about Janusz?
(a) That she would need to move to England to have him.
(b) That she can only have a temporary relationship with him.
(c) That she can never have him.
(d) That he loves her for her body only.
11. What does Silvana tell Tony?
(a) That she killed a woman.
(b) That she wants to go back to Janusz.
(c) That the real Aurek is dead.
(d) That she slept with a German soldier.
12. What is Silvana shocked at as Tony enters the house?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) What big teeth he has.
(c) How tall he is.
(d) How happy she is to see him.
13. What does Janusz realize as he is digging in the yard?
(a) That he loves Silvana.
(b) That he loves Aurek.
(c) That he can't live in England.
(d) That he has no more dreams.
14. How many silver birch trees does Janusz plant in his backyard?
15. Who does Janusz meet on his way home?
(d) His boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janusz ready to do at the farm?
2. How often does Silvana send a postcard to Janusz?
3. What are Janusz, Doris and Gilbert about to do when they see Aurek approaching?
4. What does Tony ask Silvana after she comes home?
5. What does Janusz do after returning home?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)