|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony say to Janusz when he sees him on the road?
(a) That Silvana is waiting for him.
(b) That Silvana doesn't want to see him.
(c) That Aurek doesn't want to see hime.
(d) That Silvana left.
2. What does Aurek think of doing to Tony?
(a) Stabbing him.
(b) Telling his step family about his side business.
(c) Reporting him to the police.
(d) Poisoning him.
3. Why is Janusz not going to Felixstowe to try to win back Silvana?
(a) He is afraid she would reject him.
(b) He doesn't want her back.
(c) He thinks Tony is armed.
(d) His car is broken,.
4. What does Bruno want to do upon arriving in France?
(a) Go to bars.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Enroll in the army.
5. Who does the house Silvana is living in belong to?
(a) A dead soldier.
(b) An old neigbor.
(d) Tony's wife's parents.
6. Who kills the German soldier?
7. What does Ruby encourage Janusz to do?
(a) To go to France.
(b) To go to America.
(c) To return to Poland.
(d) Find his wife and son.
8. Who does Gregor leave the camp with in pages 184-215?
9. What does Janusz wonder as he sits alone in the house?
(a) He should check the local Communist party.
(b) He should have gone back to Helene.
(c) He should buy a farm.
(d) He should be going back to Poland.
10. Why is Janusz and Silvana's evening sweetness cut short?
(a) The movie is not good.
(b) Silvana is sick.
(c) Silvana starts talking about the war.
(d) Janusz asks Silvana for another baby.
11. How does Helene die?
(a) She was hit by a car.
(b) Shot by a German soldier.
(d) She drown.
12. Who is Bruno flirting with in Scotland?
13. What happens to Bruno?
(a) His tank is destroyed.
(b) His ship is sunk.
(c) His submarine sinks.
(d) His plane crashes in the fog.
14. Who writes the last letter bringing news from Helene?
(a) Her husband,
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
15. Why should the thief not be punished for his or her actions?
(a) Because it is war.
(b) Because it is without value.
(c) Because of giving so much of oneself to Silvana.
(d) Because it is Silvana's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends the day in the woods with Silvana and Aurek?
2. Where do Janusz and Bruno arrive at in France?
3. What does Silvana think she needs to keep her son safe?
4. What does Tony surprise Silvana with?
5. Where is Silvana returning from when she sees Janusz?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)