|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janusz do after returning home?
(a) Calls Silvana.
(b) Reads Helene's letters.
(d) Burns Helene's letters.
2. What does Janusz wonder as he sits alone in the house?
(a) He should be going back to Poland.
(b) He should have gone back to Helene.
(c) He should check the local Communist party.
(d) He should buy a farm.
3. What does Silvana do after leaving Tony?
(a) She goes to check on Helene's love letters.
(b) She goes and tries to find a job,
(c) She prepares her suitcase.
(d) She files for divorce.
4. Who is Silvana saved by in Poland?
(a) A nun and her convent.
(b) A farmer and his wife.
(c) A woodsman and his family.
(d) A soldier and his family.
5. Where does Silvana sleep the night of her birthday?
(a) In Aurek's bed.
(b) At Doris's.
(c) In the couch.
(d) With Tony.
6. What is Silvana relieved about doing?
(a) Moving out of the house.
(b) Telling Janusz the truth.
(c) Being able to collect newspaper clippings.
(d) Being with Tony.
7. What does Silvana deduce from the medicine the mother is taking?
(a) That she supports a German soldier.
(b) That Gregor is dead.
(c) That she knows Gregor.
(d) That she has money.
8. When does Silvana realize that Tony is projecting the feeling he has for his dead wife onto her?
(a) After confronting Tony about the clothes.
(b) After talking with his parents.
(c) After talking about marriage with him.
(d) After talking with Peter.
9. How do Tony and Silvana arrange to see each other?
(a) When Janusz works.
(b) When the boys get together.
(c) When the boys are in school.
(d) When Silvana pretends to go to work.
10. What does Janusz forget about at the farm?
(b) His wife.
(d) The war.
11. What does Tony surprise Silvana with?
(a) Tickets for America.
(b) A diner.
(c) A new car.
(d) A wardrobe full of clothes.
12. How does Helene die?
(a) She was hit by a car.
(c) She drown.
(d) Shot by a German soldier.
13. Where do Janusz and Bruno arrive at in France?
14. Who picks up Aurek and Silvana in the forest?
(a) The British military.
(b) The French Military.
(c) The American Military.
(d) The Red Cross.
15. What does Aurek no longer make a fuss about?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Sleeping in his bed.
(c) Playing nice with Peter.
(d) Eating his food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Janus, Doris and Gilbert discuss in Page 240-271?
2. What is Janusz hoping for in life because of his patience?
3. What does Tony ask Silvana after she comes home?
4. What does Janusz want to do in France?
5. Who babysits Aurek as Janusz and Silvana go to the movie?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)