|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silvana worry about while looking at paper clippings?
(a) That she stole Aurek from his real mother.
(b) That her son is still alive.
(c) That Aurek's mother is still alive.
(d) That Aurek will discover she stole him.
2. What does Silvana do after leaving Tony?
(a) She prepares her suitcase.
(b) She goes and tries to find a job,
(c) She files for divorce.
(d) She goes to check on Helene's love letters.
3. What did not bring Janusz the peace he expected?
(a) Being out of Poland.
(d) Having Aurek at home.
4. How often does Silvana send a postcard to Janusz?
(a) Every month.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Twice a week.
5. Who is Silvana saved by in Poland?
(a) A soldier and his family.
(b) A farmer and his wife.
(c) A woodsman and his family.
(d) A nun and her convent.
6. What happens to Bruno?
(a) His tank is destroyed.
(b) His ship is sunk.
(c) His submarine sinks.
(d) His plane crashes in the fog.
7. How does Silvana's savior see her and her son?
(a) As strangers.
(b) As parasites.
(c) As lost souls.
(d) As miracles.
8. What are Janusz, Doris and Gilbert about to do when they see Aurek approaching?
(a) Go for tea.
(b) Go to the movie.
(c) Go repair the car.
(d) Go for a walk.
9. Who writes the last letter bringing news from Helene?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband,
(d) Her father.
10. Who tells Janusz that he needs to leave for England?
(b) Helene's husband.
(d) Helene's father.
11. Why are rooks dangerous?
(a) That are large.
(b) They have sharp beaks.
(c) They usually aim for the eyes.
(d) They are protective of their nests.
12. Who spends the day in the woods with Silvana and Aurek?
(a) Janusz and Peter.
(b) Doris and Peter.
(d) Peter and Tony.
13. What does Helene ask Janusz to do despite risk of arrest?
(a) To marry her.
(b) Stay with her.
(c) To go to England.
(d) To go to Spain.
14. What does Aurek do after running out?
(a) Goes to the pet sotre.
(b) Goes to hide in the woods.
(c) Goes to his father.
(d) Goes see Peter.
15. What does Silvana want to tell Tony, but backtracks at the last moment and leaves?
(a) That she was fired.
(b) Her life story.
(c) That she still loves Janusz.
(d) That she wants to go with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana relieved about doing?
2. Who does Silvana run into at the beach?
3. What does Bruno want to do upon arriving in France?
4. What does Aurek see at Tony's home?
5. Why does Aurek run out into the rain?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)