|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janusz show Aurek when they return home?
(a) A picture of Silvana and him before the war.
(b) The trees in the backyard.
(c) A picture of his grandparents.
(d) The picture of them the first day.
2. Where do Janusz and Bruno arrive at in France?
3. What is Silvana shocked at as Tony enters the house?
(a) What big teeth he has.
(b) How happy she is to see him.
(c) How handsome he is.
(d) How tall he is.
4. What does Silvana think she needs to keep her son safe?
(a) Herself alone.
(b) His real father.
5. Where is Janusz sent to recover?
(a) In the country.
(b) In Marseille.
(c) In England.
(d) In Paris.
6. Who kills the German soldier?
7. What does Tony frequently do?
(a) Brings pictures of his dead wife.
(b) Brings Silvana flowers.
(c) He does not show despite plans to do so.
(d) Brings Janusz food.
8. Who spends the day in the woods with Silvana and Aurek?
(a) Janusz and Peter.
(b) Doris and Peter.
(d) Peter and Tony.
9. Who is Silvana saved by in Poland?
(a) A soldier and his family.
(b) A farmer and his wife.
(c) A woodsman and his family.
(d) A nun and her convent.
10. What does Silvana want to tell Tony, but backtracks at the last moment and leaves?
(a) That she wants to go with him.
(b) Her life story.
(c) That she still loves Janusz.
(d) That she was fired.
11. What does Silvana deduce from the medicine the mother is taking?
(a) That she knows Gregor.
(b) That Gregor is dead.
(c) That she has money.
(d) That she supports a German soldier.
12. What does Silvana do after leaving Tony?
(a) She goes and tries to find a job,
(b) She goes to check on Helene's love letters.
(c) She prepares her suitcase.
(d) She files for divorce.
13. What does Janusz wonder as he sits alone in the house?
(a) He should have gone back to Helene.
(b) He should be going back to Poland.
(c) He should buy a farm.
(d) He should check the local Communist party.
14. Why are rooks dangerous?
(a) They are protective of their nests.
(b) That are large.
(c) They usually aim for the eyes.
(d) They have sharp beaks.
15. What does Helene ask Janusz to do despite risk of arrest?
(a) Stay with her.
(b) To go to Spain.
(c) To go to England.
(d) To marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bruno?
2. Who is Bruno flirting with in Scotland?
3. What does Helene understand about Janusz?
4. Who writes the last letter bringing news from Helene?
5. What is Silvana relieved to see when she comes home after leaving Tony?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)