|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Janusz stay in the farmhouse he comes across?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It is the house of the dead peasant.
(c) It belongs to his family.
(d) He promissed the farmer.
2. What does Silvana find the morning after being asked to leave the farm?
(a) That Russia invaded Poland.
(b) That the farmer was dead.
(c) That the Germans found her.
(d) That Hanka left.
3. Where does Janusz head after being knocked down unconscious?
4. Where does Aurek hide in school?
(a) Under a desk.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the cafeteria.
(d) Under the parked bikes.
5. What does the neighbor agree to do?
(a) Take their photograph.
(b) Bring them to the local grocery store in their car.
(c) Give them some sugar.
(d) Loan them some silverware.
6. Who finds Silvana and Aurek after the war?
(a) Janusz' brother.
(c) The Red Cross.
7. What does Aurek struggle with?
(a) Going to school.
(c) Sleeping in a bed.
(d) Having a father.
8. What job is Silvana able to get?
(b) Factory seamstress.
(c) Sales lady.
9. How are Silvana and Aurek traveling in pages 1-28?
10. What does Silvana feel free from when she first moves in with Janusz?
(a) From her mother.
(b) Frem her ex-boyfriend.
(c) From her grandparents.
(d) From her brothers.
11. Why is Janusz' hope no longer an option?
(a) Poland is communist.
(b) France is destroyer.
(c) Brazil is too hot.
(d) America is too strong.
12. What is Silvana disappointed in according to pages 29-56?
(a) That England has the same battle scars as Poland.
(b) That Janusz doen;t have a good job.
(c) That the house is small.
(d) That Janusz has no car.
13. Where does Silvana and Aurek spend most of the war hiding?
(a) In Warsaw.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In a deserted factory.
(d) In a destroyed church.
14. What happens to the woman who is holding Aurek?
(a) She is shot by a plane.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She is struck by a train.
(d) She tries to flee with the baby.
15. How does Silvana get the German soldier who arrives seeking her apartment to leave?
(a) She chases him with a broom.
(b) She gives herself to him.
(c) She tells him to leave.
(d) She pays him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janusz notice happened recently?
2. How long does Janusz stay in the farm before two soldiers arrive?
3. What does Silvana tell Tony she wants?
4. What does Ambrose agree to help Janusz and his travel companions to do?
5. Who is Aurek named after?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)