|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Silvana trying to focus on to push the nightmare aside?
(b) Her duties as a wife.
(d) The future.
2. What does Silvana find that belongs to Janusz?
(a) The letter Janusz wrote her, but never sent.
(b) The letters from Helene.
(c) A letter Janusz wrote to his son.
(d) A photo of him and Helene.
3. Why is Janusz' hope no longer an option?
(a) Brazil is too hot.
(b) France is destroyer.
(c) Poland is communist.
(d) America is too strong.
4. What is Janusz upset with as he and Aurek return home?
(a) Aurek trying to eat a bird.
(b) Aurek ignoring other boys asking to play.
(c) Aurek playing war games.
(d) Aurek playing Tarzan.
5. What does Silvana wonder as she and Janusz move into their own flat in "Poland"?
(a) If Janusz married her because of her money.
(b) If Janusz married her because he needed a maid.
(c) If Janusz married her out of duty.
(d) If Janusz will love their son as much as her.
6. When did Janusz first see Silvana?
7. Who does Janusz try to forget as his wife and son come to England?
(a) His Italian lover.
(b) His French lover.
(c) His English lover.
(d) His German lover.
8. What is Aurek pretending to be?
(a) A wild boar.
(b) A monkey.
(d) A soldier.
9. What does the doctor say will cure Arurek of his animal-like behavior?
(c) Love, time, and security.
10. What is the name of the neighbor Silvana meets?
11. What do Silvana and Janusz try to hide?
(a) Thier fear.
(b) Their love for each other.
(c) The shock they both feel.
(d) Their tears.
12. What makes Silvana panic in Tony's store?
(a) A pile of bones.
(b) A gun.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A cat.
13. How does Silvana get the German soldier who arrives seeking her apartment to leave?
(a) She tells him to leave.
(b) She chases him with a broom.
(c) She gives herself to him.
(d) She pays him.
14. Who is Aurek named after?
(a) Silvana's father.
(b) Janusz's father.
(c) Janusz's brother.
(d) Silvana's brother.
15. What does Silvana feel when seeing her new home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What store does Tony own?
2. What does Janusz fail to notice during a visit by tony and Peter?
3. Who finds Silvana and Aurek after the war?
4. Where do Bruno and Franek convince Janusz to go?
5. Who does Silvana walk with on her way from the farm?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)