|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Janusz try to forget as his wife and son come to England?
(a) His French lover.
(b) His German lover.
(c) His Italian lover.
(d) His English lover.
2. What is Franek trying to do as Janusz and Druno eat?
(a) He is playing with the pigs.
(b) He tries to kill a chicken.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is trying to catch a cat.
3. Where are Silvana and Aurek after the war?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A refugee camp.
(c) A prison.
(d) An abandoned home.
4. Where does Janusz head after being knocked down unconscious?
5. What is Silvana disappointed in according to pages 29-56?
(a) That Janusz doen;t have a good job.
(b) That England has the same battle scars as Poland.
(c) That the house is small.
(d) That Janusz has no car.
6. Who discovers Aurek's hiding place?
7. What does Silvana tell Hanka she is not interested in doing?
(a) Going to Russia.
(b) Going back to Warsaw.
(d) Going to England.
8. What does Janusz teach Silvana and Aurek to do in Ipswich?
(a) Eat with fork.
(b) Behave in society.
(c) Play without being violent.
9. What does Janusz use to remember Helene?
(a) A piece of fabric.
(b) A letter she sent him.
(c) A pendant she gave him.
(d) His good memory.
10. What does Silvana find the morning after being asked to leave the farm?
(a) That Russia invaded Poland.
(b) That the farmer was dead.
(c) That Hanka left.
(d) That the Germans found her.
11. What does Ambrose agree to help Janusz and his travel companions to do?
(a) Get in Yugoslavia.
(b) Get them food.
(c) Get thema car.
(d) Get them work.
12. What is stronger than Janusz's guilt over leaving his family?
(a) His wish for a new life.
(b) His sense of adventure.
(c) His wish to get far from the war.
(d) His will to live.
13. What does Hanka want to do that causes Silvana feelings of dread?
(a) Go to Russia.
(b) Go to England.
(c) Go to Germany.
(d) Go back to Poland.
14. Who shoots Franek's brother?
(a) Prioson guards
(b) Russian guards.
(c) German Guards
(d) Polish guards.
15. What is Janusz happy about?
(a) That Silvana wants another child.
(b) That Silvana has a job.
(c) That Aurek is adjusting.
(d) That Aurek can sleep without nightmares.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
2. Who tricks the Polish according to the two soldiers?
3. What is Silvana trying to focus on to push the nightmare aside?
4. What does Silvana feel free from when she first moves in with Janusz?
5. Why does Janusz think the house he bought is lucky in "22 Britannia Road"?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)