|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janusz try to accept as he boards the train?
(a) That he might be imprisoned.
(b) That he might never see Bruno again.
(c) That he might never see Silvana and Aurek again.
(d) That he might never see Poland again.
2. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
(a) To see the world.
(b) To try to find a house in England.
(c) To go away from them.
(d) To join the army.
3. How long does Janusz stay in the farm before two soldiers arrive?
(a) A day.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
4. When did Janusz first see Silvana?
5. Why does Janusz stay in the farmhouse he comes across?
(a) It belongs to his family.
(b) He promissed the farmer.
(c) It is the house of the dead peasant.
(d) It is empty.
6. Who finds Silvana and Aurek after the war?
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) Janusz' brother.
7. What is Silvana disappointed in according to pages 29-56?
(a) That Janusz doen;t have a good job.
(b) That the house is small.
(c) That England has the same battle scars as Poland.
(d) That Janusz has no car.
8. What does Janusz use to remember Helene?
(a) His good memory.
(b) A pendant she gave him.
(c) A letter she sent him.
(d) A piece of fabric.
9. Where do Bruno and Franek convince Janusz to go?
10. What does Silvana feel when seeing her new home?
11. What are Janusz, Bruno and Franek going across Europe in the hope of doing?
(a) Joining the fight against Russia and Germany.
(b) Escaping the war and wait.
(c) Starting a new life.
(d) Buying a farm.
12. What is Aurek pretending to be?
(a) A wild boar.
(b) A monkey.
(d) A soldier.
13. What does the doctor say will cure Arurek of his animal-like behavior?
(b) Love, time, and security.
14. What does Janusz teach Silvana and Aurek to do in Ipswich?
(a) Play without being violent.
(c) Eat with fork.
(d) Behave in society.
15. Who does Silvana walk with on her way from the farm?
(a) A woman named Yuska.
(b) An elderly couple.
(c) A man named Gregor.
(d) By herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Franek die?
2. What does Aurek not understand in his first night in the new house?
3. Who does Janusz try to forget as his wife and son come to England?
4. What does Gregor tell Silvana he is?
5. What does Janusz fail to notice during a visit by tony and Peter?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)