|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janusz try to accept as he boards the train?
(a) That he might never see Poland again.
(b) That he might never see Silvana and Aurek again.
(c) That he might be imprisoned.
(d) That he might never see Bruno again.
2. What does Hanka want to do that causes Silvana feelings of dread?
(a) Go to Russia.
(b) Go to England.
(c) Go back to Poland.
(d) Go to Germany.
3. What is Janusz upset with as he and Aurek return home?
(a) Aurek playing war games.
(b) Aurek trying to eat a bird.
(c) Aurek playing Tarzan.
(d) Aurek ignoring other boys asking to play.
4. Who tricks the Polish according to the two soldiers?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Polish.
(d) The French.
5. What does Janusz teach Silvana and Aurek to do in Ipswich?
(a) Behave in society.
(b) Play without being violent.
(c) Eat with fork.
6. What army do the two soldiers going to the farm belong to?
(a) The Germany Army.
(b) The SS.
(c) The Russian Army.
(d) The Polish army.
7. What does Silvana feel free from when she first moves in with Janusz?
(a) Frem her ex-boyfriend.
(b) From her mother.
(c) From her grandparents.
(d) From her brothers.
8. What do Aurek and the boy who discover him do?
(a) Peter brings Aurek to the principal office.
(b) They go in class together.
(c) They skip school.
(d) They go to the infirmery.
9. Where are Silvana and Aurek after the war?
(a) A refugee camp.
(b) A prison.
(c) An abandoned home.
(d) A hospital.
10. What does Janusz use to remember Helene?
(a) A letter she sent him.
(b) A pendant she gave him.
(c) His good memory.
(d) A piece of fabric.
11. Why does Janusz stay in the farmhouse he comes across?
(a) It is the house of the dead peasant.
(b) It is empty.
(c) He promissed the farmer.
(d) It belongs to his family.
12. What store does Tony own?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A game store.
(c) A hardware store.
(d) A pet shop.
13. What does Janusz fail to notice during a visit by tony and Peter?
(a) Thay Peter doesn't like him.
(b) That Aurek and Peter have a fight.
(c) That Tony only has eyes for Silvana.
(d) That Aurek doesn't like Tony.
14. What does Aurek struggle with?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Sleeping in a bed.
(c) Having a father.
15. What makes Silvana panic in Tony's store?
(a) A cat.
(b) A pile of bones.
(c) A gun.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana find the morning after being asked to leave the farm?
2. What is Janusz shocked about?
3. What does Janusz say that both he and Silvana know is not true?
4. What makes Silvana happy?
5. What do Silvana and Janusz try to hide?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)