|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tricks the Polish according to the two soldiers?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The French.
(d) The Polish.
2. When did Janusz first see Silvana?
3. What army do the two soldiers going to the farm belong to?
(a) The Polish army.
(b) The Germany Army.
(c) The SS.
(d) The Russian Army.
4. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
(a) To leave for France.
(b) To leave for Spain.
(c) To leave for Warsaw.
(d) To leave for England.
5. What does Aurek consider his father to be at the start of Pages 120-149?
(a) The enemy.
(b) His competitor.
(c) His friend.
(d) His uncle.
6. Who does Silvana walk with on her way from the farm?
(a) An elderly couple.
(b) A woman named Yuska.
(c) A man named Gregor.
(d) By herself.
7. Who discovers Aurek's hiding place?
8. What does Ambrose agree to help Janusz and his travel companions to do?
(a) Get in Yugoslavia.
(b) Get them food.
(c) Get thema car.
(d) Get them work.
9. Why does Janusz think the house he bought is lucky in "22 Britannia Road"?
(a) It is in a good neighborhood.
(b) It shows little of the effects of war.
(c) It is cheap.
(d) It had a nice front door.
10. What is Janusz' hope for after the war?
(a) Live in America.
(b) Live in Brazil.
(c) Live in France.
(d) Return to Poland.
11. What does Silvana tell Tony she wants?
(a) A French-English dictionary.
(b) A ring.
(c) A dog.
(d) A new dress.
12. What happens to the woman who is holding Aurek?
(a) She has a heart attack.
(b) She is struck by a train.
(c) She is shot by a plane.
(d) She tries to flee with the baby.
13. What is Janusz shocked about?
(a) That Silvana is sleeping with a knife.
(b) That Aurek is still nursing.
(c) That Silvana talks in her sleep.
(d) That Aurek sleeps very little at night.
14. What is stronger than Janusz's guilt over leaving his family?
(a) His will to live.
(b) His sense of adventure.
(c) His wish for a new life.
(d) His wish to get far from the war.
15. Where does Silvana give birth?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) The neighbor's floor.
(c) In her own bed.
(d) In the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana trying to focus on to push the nightmare aside?
2. How long does Janusz stay in the farm before two soldiers arrive?
3. What does Janusz notice happened recently?
4. Who is Aurek named after?
5. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)