|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Silvana trying to focus on to push the nightmare aside?
(c) Her duties as a wife.
(d) The future.
2. What is Hank's former occupation?
(b) Night club singer.
3. What is Silvana disappointed in according to pages 29-56?
(a) That Janusz doen;t have a good job.
(b) That England has the same battle scars as Poland.
(c) That Janusz has no car.
(d) That the house is small.
4. What does Janusz try to accept as he boards the train?
(a) That he might be imprisoned.
(b) That he might never see Poland again.
(c) That he might never see Silvana and Aurek again.
(d) That he might never see Bruno again.
5. What does Aurek not understand in his first night in the new house?
(a) How to sleep on a bed.
(b) How to eat with silverware.
(c) How to stay indoor.
(d) What is happening between his mother and father.
6. What does Silvana feel free from when she first moves in with Janusz?
(a) From her mother.
(b) From her brothers.
(c) Frem her ex-boyfriend.
(d) From her grandparents.
7. Who is Franek in love with?
(a) A dog.
(b) A goat.
(c) A banana.
(d) A girl at the village.
8. What is Janusz' hope for after the war?
(a) Live in Brazil.
(b) Live in France.
(c) Return to Poland.
(d) Live in America.
9. What is Aurek pretending to be?
(b) A soldier.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A wild boar.
10. What does Silvana realize while being attracted to Aurek's friend's father?
(a) That she might be able to love Janusz again as before.
(b) That she has trust issues.
(c) That she is not sure she wants to stay in England.
(d) That she doesn't love Janusz any longer.
11. Where is Aurek's friend's family from?
12. What does Silvana do after the German soldier leaves the apartment?
(a) She barricades the door.
(b) She gathers her things and leaves.
(c) She tries to find a renter for the room.
(d) She tries to find a weapon.
13. How do Hanka, Silvana and Aurek get food and shelter?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With cash looted from dead people.
(c) With a promise to help with the farm.
(d) With Silvana's ring and Hanka's willingness to give herself to the farmer.
14. What makes Silvana panic in Tony's store?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A gun.
(c) A pile of bones.
(d) A cat.
15. What is Janusz happy about?
(a) That Silvana wants another child.
(b) That Aurek is adjusting.
(c) That Aurek can sleep without nightmares.
(d) That Silvana has a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Aurek and his new friend forgiven for their behavior?
2. What makes Aurek happy?
3. What does Hanka want to do that causes Silvana feelings of dread?
4. What does Silvana find the morning after being asked to leave the farm?
5. Where does Silvana give birth?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)