|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Aurek's friend's family from?
2. What is Silvana constantly reminded about in her youth?
(a) Her dead brothers.
(b) Her dead aunt.
(c) Her dead twin sister.
(d) Her death father.
3. Who is Aurek named after?
(a) Janusz's brother.
(b) Janusz's father.
(c) Silvana's brother.
(d) Silvana's father.
4. Who is Franek in love with?
(a) A dog.
(b) A girl at the village.
(c) A goat.
(d) A banana.
5. What is Silvana disappointed in according to pages 29-56?
(a) That Janusz doen;t have a good job.
(b) That Janusz has no car.
(c) That England has the same battle scars as Poland.
(d) That the house is small.
6. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
(a) To try to find a house in England.
(b) To join the army.
(c) To see the world.
(d) To go away from them.
7. Why is Silvana fired from her job?
(a) She doesn't understand instructions in English.
(b) They are cutting back production.
(c) She arrives late.
(d) She doesn't work fast enough.
8. What does Silvana tell Hanka she is not interested in doing?
(a) Going to Russia.
(c) Going back to Warsaw.
(d) Going to England.
9. Where does Janusz live with Helene in Pages 83-119?
10. What does Ambrose agree to help Janusz and his travel companions to do?
(a) Get them food.
(b) Get in Yugoslavia.
(c) Get them work.
(d) Get thema car.
11. What does Silvana have nightmares about?
(b) Protecting Aurek.
(c) The war.
(d) The woods.
12. Who finds Silvana and Aurek after the war?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) Janusz' brother.
13. What is Aurek not ready for?
(a) To be a friend to Peter.
(b) To be a boy.
(c) To be the son Janusz wants.
(d) To be a civilized person.
14. What does Silvana feel when seeing her new home?
15. What does Janusz notice happened recently?
(a) Silvana is not happy.
(b) Silvana and Aurek are not as close.
(c) Silvana grows distant from him.
(d) Tony comes often when he is not at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Silvana get the German soldier who arrives seeking her apartment to leave?
2. What does Silvana wonder as she and Janusz move into their own flat in "Poland"?
3. What is Franek trying to do as Janusz and Druno eat?
4. What does Aurek consider his father to be at the start of Pages 120-149?
5. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)