|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janusz miss?
(a) His parents.
(b) Speaking Polish.
(c) Polish food.
(d) The company of a woman.
2. What army do the two soldiers going to the farm belong to?
(a) The Polish army.
(b) The Russian Army.
(c) The Germany Army.
(d) The SS.
3. Where does Aurek hide in school?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Under the parked bikes.
(c) Under a desk.
(d) In the cafeteria.
4. How does Silvana get the German soldier who arrives seeking her apartment to leave?
(a) She chases him with a broom.
(b) She gives herself to him.
(c) She pays him.
(d) She tells him to leave.
5. What store does Tony own?
(a) A hardware store.
(b) A game store.
(c) A pet shop.
(d) A grocery store.
6. What is the name of the neighbor Silvana meets?
7. What job is Silvana able to get?
(a) Sales lady.
(c) Factory seamstress.
8. What is Silvana trying to focus on to push the nightmare aside?
(a) Her duties as a wife.
(d) The future.
9. What does Janusz fail to notice during a visit by tony and Peter?
(a) That Aurek doesn't like Tony.
(b) Thay Peter doesn't like him.
(c) That Tony only has eyes for Silvana.
(d) That Aurek and Peter have a fight.
10. What is Aurek pretending to be?
(b) A monkey.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) A soldier.
11. Where does Aurek hide after running away from school?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In an abandoned house.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) In the forest.
12. What does Silvana realize while being attracted to Aurek's friend's father?
(a) That she might be able to love Janusz again as before.
(b) That she has trust issues.
(c) That she is not sure she wants to stay in England.
(d) That she doesn't love Janusz any longer.
13. What does Ambrose bring Janusz and his travel companions to do?
(a) Getting mushroom.
(b) Shoping in town.
(c) Herding cows.
14. What does Janusz notice happened recently?
(a) Tony comes often when he is not at home.
(b) Silvana grows distant from him.
(c) Silvana is not happy.
(d) Silvana and Aurek are not as close.
15. What does Silvana wonder as she and Janusz move into their own flat in "Poland"?
(a) If Janusz married her out of duty.
(b) If Janusz married her because of her money.
(c) If Janusz will love their son as much as her.
(d) If Janusz married her because he needed a maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose agree to help Janusz and his travel companions to do?
2. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
3. What does Silvana do after Janusz leaves?
4. How does Franek die?
5. Why does Janusz stay in the farmhouse he comes across?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)