|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silvana have nightmares about?
(a) The woods.
(b) Protecting Aurek.
(c) The war.
2. Who does Janusz try to forget as his wife and son come to England?
(a) His German lover.
(b) His Italian lover.
(c) His French lover.
(d) His English lover.
3. What is the name of the neighbor Silvana meets?
4. What does Silvana feel when seeing her new home?
5. What does Aurek struggle with?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Having a father.
(d) Sleeping in a bed.
6. What makes Silvana happy?
(a) Seeing Janusz bond with Aurek.
(b) Being with Janusz.
(c) Seeing Aurek happy.
(d) Being in England.
7. What is Aurek pretending to be?
(b) A soldier.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) A monkey.
8. What does Janusz fail to notice during a visit by tony and Peter?
(a) Thay Peter doesn't like him.
(b) That Aurek doesn't like Tony.
(c) That Aurek and Peter have a fight.
(d) That Tony only has eyes for Silvana.
9. What makes Aurek happy?
(a) Having a friend.
(b) Getting a coloring book.
(c) Eating out.
(d) Going to the forest.
10. How does Silvana get the German soldier who arrives seeking her apartment to leave?
(a) She chases him with a broom.
(b) She tells him to leave.
(c) She gives herself to him.
(d) She pays him.
11. What does the neighbor agree to do?
(a) Take their photograph.
(b) Loan them some silverware.
(c) Bring them to the local grocery store in their car.
(d) Give them some sugar.
12. Who finds Silvana and Aurek after the war?
(b) The Red Cross.
(d) Janusz' brother.
13. What does Silvana tell Hanka she is not interested in doing?
(a) Going to England.
(c) Going back to Warsaw.
(d) Going to Russia.
14. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
(a) To see the world.
(b) To try to find a house in England.
(c) To go away from them.
(d) To join the army.
15. How old is Silvana when she moves in with Janusz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silvana constantly reminded about in her youth?
2. What does Janusz miss?
3. What does Janusz use to remember Helene?
4. What does Janusz notice happened recently?
5. Who shoots Franek's brother?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)