|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanka want to do that causes Silvana feelings of dread?
(a) Go to England.
(b) Go to Germany.
(c) Go to Russia.
(d) Go back to Poland.
2. What is Hank's former occupation?
(d) Night club singer.
3. Who discovers Aurek's hiding place?
4. What does Aurek consider his father to be at the start of Pages 120-149?
(a) His competitor.
(b) His uncle.
(c) The enemy.
(d) His friend.
5. What is Janusz shocked about?
(a) That Silvana talks in her sleep.
(b) That Aurek sleeps very little at night.
(c) That Aurek is still nursing.
(d) That Silvana is sleeping with a knife.
6. What does Aurek struggle with?
(b) Sleeping in a bed.
(c) Having a father.
(d) Going to school.
7. What does the neighbor agree to do?
(a) Give them some sugar.
(b) Loan them some silverware.
(c) Take their photograph.
(d) Bring them to the local grocery store in their car.
8. Why does Janusz think the house he bought is lucky in "22 Britannia Road"?
(a) It had a nice front door.
(b) It is cheap.
(c) It shows little of the effects of war.
(d) It is in a good neighborhood.
9. What is Silvana disappointed in according to pages 29-56?
(a) That the house is small.
(b) That Janusz has no car.
(c) That England has the same battle scars as Poland.
(d) That Janusz doen;t have a good job.
10. What job is Silvana able to get?
(c) Sales lady.
(d) Factory seamstress.
11. Where does Janusz head after being knocked down unconscious?
12. What does Janusz compare what he wants his family to be to?
(a) His English garden.
(b) His car.
(c) His job.
(d) His painting.
13. How old is Silvana when she moves in with Janusz?
14. What does Aurek not understand in his first night in the new house?
(a) What is happening between his mother and father.
(b) How to sleep on a bed.
(c) How to eat with silverware.
(d) How to stay indoor.
15. What does Silvana tell Tony she wants?
(a) A French-English dictionary.
(b) A dog.
(c) A ring.
(d) A new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana find that belongs to Janusz?
2. What does Janusz say that both he and Silvana know is not true?
3. What is Janusz happy about?
4. Who finds Silvana and Aurek after the war?
5. What is Silvana trying to focus on to push the nightmare aside?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)