Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Silvana enjoying in Pages 57-82?
(a) English food.
(b) The life of an urban wife.
(d) The sun.
2. Where does Aurek hide after running away from school?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In an abandoned house.
(d) In the backyard.
3. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
(a) To join the army.
(b) To try to find a house in England.
(c) To see the world.
(d) To go away from them.
4. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
(a) To leave for Spain.
(b) To leave for Warsaw.
(c) To leave for England.
(d) To leave for France.
5. What does Ambrose bring Janusz and his travel companions to do?
(a) Shoping in town.
(b) Herding cows.
(d) Getting mushroom.
6. What is Silvana constantly reminded about in her youth?
(a) Her death father.
(b) Her dead aunt.
(c) Her dead brothers.
(d) Her dead twin sister.
7. Who does Silvana walk with on her way from the farm?
(a) By herself.
(b) A woman named Yuska.
(c) A man named Gregor.
(d) An elderly couple.
8. What is Janusz happy about?
(a) That Silvana wants another child.
(b) That Aurek can sleep without nightmares.
(c) That Silvana has a job.
(d) That Aurek is adjusting.
9. What does Gregor tell Silvana he is?
(a) A priest.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A soldier.
10. Where does Silvana give birth?
(a) The neighbor's floor.
(b) In her own bed.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) In the forest.
11. What does Janusz say that both he and Silvana know is not true?
(a) People never stop loving.
(b) People stay the same.
(c) People can adapt.
(d) People can change.
12. What does Janusz notice happened recently?
(a) Silvana is not happy.
(b) Tony comes often when he is not at home.
(c) Silvana grows distant from him.
(d) Silvana and Aurek are not as close.
13. What are Janusz, Bruno and Franek going across Europe in the hope of doing?
(a) Escaping the war and wait.
(b) Joining the fight against Russia and Germany.
(c) Starting a new life.
(d) Buying a farm.
14. What does Janusz fail to notice during a visit by tony and Peter?
(a) That Tony only has eyes for Silvana.
(b) That Aurek and Peter have a fight.
(c) Thay Peter doesn't like him.
(d) That Aurek doesn't like Tony.
15. What makes Silvana happy?
(a) Being with Janusz.
(b) Being in England.
(c) Seeing Janusz bond with Aurek.
(d) Seeing Aurek happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana feel free from when she first moves in with Janusz?
2. What is Janusz shocked about?
3. What is stronger than Janusz's guilt over leaving his family?
4. How are Silvana and Aurek traveling in pages 1-28?
5. What does Silvana tell Hanka she is not interested in doing?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)