|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 216-239.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aurek named after?
(a) Silvana's father.
(b) Janusz's father.
(c) Janusz's brother.
(d) Silvana's brother.
2. Why is the German soldier angry?
(a) He thought he was the only man in Ela's life.
(b) He thought Gregor was dead.
(c) He thought he was going to be fed.
(d) He thought Marysia was his.
3. What does Hanka want to do that causes Silvana feelings of dread?
(a) Go to Germany.
(b) Go to Russia.
(c) Go back to Poland.
(d) Go to England.
4. What is stronger than Janusz's guilt over leaving his family?
(a) His wish for a new life.
(b) His wish to get far from the war.
(c) His sense of adventure.
(d) His will to live.
5. What is Silvana disappointed in according to pages 29-56?
(a) That Janusz doen;t have a good job.
(b) That England has the same battle scars as Poland.
(c) That Janusz has no car.
(d) That the house is small.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana wonder as she and Janusz move into their own flat in "Poland"?
2. Who babysits Aurek as Janusz and Silvana go to the movie?
3. Where does Janusz live with Helene in Pages 83-119?
4. Why is Janusz and Silvana's evening sweetness cut short?
5. Why is Janusz not home when Silvana's water breaks?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)