|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 57-82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Janusz' hope no longer an option?
(a) America is too strong.
(b) Poland is communist.
(c) Brazil is too hot.
(d) France is destroyer.
2. What does Aurek not understand in his first night in the new house?
(a) How to stay indoor.
(b) How to sleep on a bed.
(c) How to eat with silverware.
(d) What is happening between his mother and father.
3. What does Janusz decide while Franek is outside?
(a) To leave for England.
(b) To leave for Spain.
(c) To leave for Warsaw.
(d) To leave for France.
4. How old is Aurek?
5. Why does Janusz think the house he bought is lucky in "22 Britannia Road"?
(a) It shows little of the effects of war.
(b) It is in a good neighborhood.
(c) It is cheap.
(d) It had a nice front door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvana have nightmares about?
2. What does the doctor say will cure Arurek of his animal-like behavior?
3. What does the neighbor agree to do?
4. Who tricks the Polish according to the two soldiers?
5. How long does Janusz stay in the farm before two soldiers arrive?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)