|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 240-271.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Janusz happy about?
(a) That Aurek can sleep without nightmares.
(b) That Silvana wants another child.
(c) That Aurek is adjusting.
(d) That Silvana has a job.
2. What does Silvana wonder as she and Janusz move into their own flat in "Poland"?
(a) If Janusz married her out of duty.
(b) If Janusz married her because he needed a maid.
(c) If Janusz will love their son as much as her.
(d) If Janusz married her because of her money.
3. Why is Janusz not home when Silvana's water breaks?
(a) He is in the army.
(b) He is in prison.
(c) He is going to the store.
(d) He is at work.
4. Why are Aurek and his new friend forgiven for their behavior?
(a) Their parents do not think skipping school is a big deal.
(b) Their parents do not know.
(c) They both find friends.
(d) They are both war survivors.
5. What is Janusz upset with as he and Aurek return home?
(a) Aurek playing Tarzan.
(b) Aurek trying to eat a bird.
(c) Aurek playing war games.
(d) Aurek ignoring other boys asking to play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janusz's reaction to what Aurek sees?
2. What does Silvana see in Tony's eyes for the first time?
3. Why is the German soldier angry?
4. What does Silvana deduce from the medicine the mother is taking?
5. Where are Silvana and Aurek after the war?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)