|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 150-183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silvana do after Janusz leaves?
(a) She tries to find another husband.
(b) She flees Poland.
(c) She goes to her parents.
(d) She recluses herself in their apartment.
2. What does Silvana find that belongs to Janusz?
(a) A letter Janusz wrote to his son.
(b) The letter Janusz wrote her, but never sent.
(c) A photo of him and Helene.
(d) The letters from Helene.
3. What does Silvana wonder as she and Janusz move into their own flat in "Poland"?
(a) If Janusz married her because he needed a maid.
(b) If Janusz will love their son as much as her.
(c) If Janusz married her because of her money.
(d) If Janusz married her out of duty.
4. What does Janusz compare what he wants his family to be to?
(a) His English garden.
(b) His job.
(c) His car.
(d) His painting.
5. What does Silvana know is a mistake?
(a) Caring for the dying man.
(b) Leaving Gregor.
(c) Living in the forest.
(d) Giving in to Gregor's advances.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Franek die?
2. Why does Janusz leave Aurek and Silvana in Poland?
3. What does Janusz want to do in France?
4. What is the name of the neighbor Silvana meets?
5. What does Janusz use to remember Helene?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)