|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 216-239.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Silvana give birth?
(a) In her own bed.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In the forest.
(d) The neighbor's floor.
2. Why is the German soldier angry?
(a) He thought Marysia was his.
(b) He thought Gregor was dead.
(c) He thought he was the only man in Ela's life.
(d) He thought he was going to be fed.
3. What does Silvana find the morning after being asked to leave the farm?
(a) That the farmer was dead.
(b) That the Germans found her.
(c) That Hanka left.
(d) That Russia invaded Poland.
4. What does Janusz compare what he wants his family to be to?
(a) His job.
(b) His car.
(c) His English garden.
(d) His painting.
5. Who tells Janusz that he needs to leave for England?
(a) Helene's husband.
(b) Helene's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the German soldier?
2. What does Helene ask Janusz to do despite risk of arrest?
3. Why should the thief not be punished for his or her actions?
4. What does Silvana tell Tony?
5. What does Ambrose bring Janusz and his travel companions to do?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)