|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Lindsay after she realizes Jenks might be innocent?
2. What does Lindsay's boss tell her about her suspicions of Nicholas Jenks?
3. What does Jenks claim about being innocent to Lindsay, after he has been arraigned?
4. How does Chessy react to her husband's arrest?
5. What does Lindsay do after discussing with Raleigh that they might have arrested the wrong person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least three literary techniques Patterson uses to make one character of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why it was necessary for Raleigh to die in "1st to Die." Make sure to discuss what effect his death has on the text in general and on Lindsay in particular -- and why those consequences were necessary for the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three literary devices that Patterson uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)