|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cindy research Kathy Voskuhl?
2. Who reviews the security tapes from the museum?
3. When did Jenks leave Joanna?
4. Where were Jenks and Chessy married?
5. What does Raleigh tell Lindsay he has discovered about Jenks' gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lindsay start to feel about her illness after her doctor mentions she might need a bone marrow transplant?
2. What was especially cruel about Jenks leaving Joanna?
3. Why is Nicholas Jenks' red beard significant to Lindsay?
4. Why does Jill assure Lindsay of the first time they meet to discuss the case?
5. How does Lindsay take down Chessy and Jenks?
6. What does Jill tell Lindsay and Raleigh the first time they come to visit her about the murder cases?
7. What does Raleigh do when he and Lindsay arrive at Joanna's apartment after Jenks has escaped?
8. What does Lindsay learn about Jenks by looking at his picture on the back of one of his books?
9. What does Jill tell Jenks as she is questioning him?
10. How does the Women's Murder Club react to Lindsay's suggestion that she has arrested the wrong man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why it was necessary for Raleigh to die in "1st to Die." Make sure to discuss what effect his death has on the text in general and on Lindsay in particular -- and why those consequences were necessary for the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two characters of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club, making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least four different ways the story of "1st to Die" would change if the setting were in a rural, Midwestern town instead of San Francisco.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)