|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cindy research Kathy Voskuhl?
2. What weapon does CSU find in Jenks' house?
3. When does Lindsay finally tell Raleigh about her illness?
4. Which other member of the Women's Murder Club confesses that she has dealt with severe illness herself?
5. Where does Jenks escape from?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Patterson portrays authority figures in "1st to Die," making sure to use at least three specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Although the novel seems to conclude with all of the loose ends being tied up, the reader learns from the Prologue that Lindsay is extremely depressed by the time the story ends. Discuss what three things most contribute to Lindsay's unhappiness and why Patterson may have chosen to have his strong, intelligent protagonist so unhappy at the novel's conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two characters of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club, making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)