|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Lindsay from telling Raleigh about her illness the first time she tries to do so?
2. Who ends up shooting Chessy?
3. Who goes to visit Jenks in jail?
4. What food item does CSU find in Jenks' house?
5. Who invites Lindsay and Raleigh to the sporting event?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lindsay want to meet with Claire and Cindy when she returns from Cleveland?
2. What does Jenks say when confronted with the photograph of him and Kathy together?
3. Why is Jill a good addition to the Women's Murder Club?
4. Why is Nicholas Jenks' red beard significant to Lindsay?
5. What does Jill tell Jenks as she is questioning him?
6. What does Raleigh try to convince Lindsay of after she nearly faints when discussing whether they have arrested the right person?
7. What happens to Lindsay when Jenks threatens her during questioning?
8. Why does Lindsay think the killer, Chessy, is headed to the Palace of Fine Arts?
9. How does Lindsay start to feel about her illness after her doctor mentions she might need a bone marrow transplant?
10. Why is Lindsay's recollection that Jenks is left-handed important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why it was necessary for Raleigh to die in "1st to Die." Make sure to discuss what effect his death has on the text in general and on Lindsay in particular -- and why those consequences were necessary for the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two characters of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club, making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least four aspects of "1st to Die" that can easily be carried over into a second novel in a Women's Murder Club mystery series.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)