|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Lindsay that there is proof that Jenks was in town the night of the Voskuhl murders?
2. What food item does CSU find in Jenks' house?
3. What weapon does CSU find in Jenks' house?
4. Who helps read Jenks' book to get through it faster?
5. What important information does Jill discover about the urine left at the Brandt crime scene?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least three literary devices that Patterson uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least five reasons why the Women's Murder Club could OR could not work in real life. Make sure to use examples from "1st to Die" to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Brandt murder scene 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least three key facts about Lindsay that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)