|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenks tell Lindsay after he escapes?
2. Who is the first person Lindsay begins to think is the killer?
3. What biological evidence does CSU find in Jenks' house that they hope to use as evidence?
4. What does Cindy's discovery of Jenks' old novel allow Jill and Lindsay to do?
5. Why does Lindsay visit with her doctor once she returns to San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacobi learn about Nicholas Jenks just as he is emerging as a suspect?
2. How does Lindsay take down Chessy and Jenks?
3. What does Jill tell Lindsay and Raleigh the first time they come to visit her about the murder cases?
4. What does Raleigh do when he and Lindsay arrive at Joanna's apartment after Jenks has escaped?
5. What happens to Lindsay when Jenks threatens her during questioning?
6. What does the woman in the mirror tell herself, after Jenks is arrested and arraigned, as she takes off her makeup?
7. How does the Women's Murder Club react to Lindsay's suggestion that she has arrested the wrong man?
8. What does Lindsay's doctor tell her about her health after Jenks is arrested?
9. How does Cindy learn that the San Francisco writers' guild has an old copy of Jenks' book?
10. What was especially cruel about Jenks leaving Joanna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a well-reasoned argument paper discussing how Lindsay's illness, Negli's Aplastic Anemia, functions as its own unique character in "1st to Die." Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your strong thesis statement.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least three aspects of "1st to Die" that makes the novel believable as well as what literary devices Patterson uses to create that level of believability OR analyze at least three aspects of "1st to Die" that makes the novel unbelievable as well as what literary devices Patterson does not use effectively to create a level of believability in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three reasons why "1st to Die" could be classified in a genre other than murder mystery, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)