|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the real killer dress like after Jenks' escapes?
2. What key question does Lindsay ask Joanna about Jenks?
3. What does Raleigh tell Lindsay about a police call to Jenks' house several years ago?
4. How does Jenks treat Chessy?
5. What does Cindy do at Women's Murder Club when she hears about the novel Jenks wrote?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least three ways that the violence and/or murder scenes in "1st to Die" are gratuitously violent and why such violence takes away from the plot and/or rest of the text.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least three things that Patterson is able to do with the character of Lindsay because she is a woman AND at least three things he is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three reasons why "1st to Die" could be classified in a genre other than murder mystery, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)