|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor decide to do for Lindsay when she visits after returning to San Francisco?
2. Who ends up shooting Chessy?
3. Who calls Lindsay to tell her that Kathy's family knows the name of the abusive ex-boyfriend?
4. Where were Jenks and Chessy married?
5. Who is Jill Bernhardt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacobi learn about Nicholas Jenks just as he is emerging as a suspect?
2. What does Jill tell Lindsay and Raleigh the first time they come to visit her about the murder cases?
3. What does Jill tell Jenks as she is questioning him?
4. How does the Women's Murder Club react to Lindsay's suggestion that she has arrested the wrong man?
5. Why is Nicholas Jenks' red beard significant to Lindsay?
6. What happens to Lindsay when Jenks threatens her during questioning?
7. When Lindsay arrives at the Palace of Fine Arts, what does she find?
8. What does Raleigh do when he and Lindsay arrive at Joanna's apartment after Jenks has escaped?
9. How does Lindsay take down Chessy and Jenks?
10. What does the woman in the mirror tell herself, after Jenks is arrested and arraigned, as she takes off her makeup?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least one female character from "1st to Die" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three reasons why "1st to Die" could be classified in a genre other than murder mystery, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least four aspects of "1st to Die" that can easily be carried over into a second novel in a Women's Murder Club mystery series.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)