|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nicholas Jenks famous?
2. How does Jenks treat Chessy?
3. Who is Jill Bernhardt?
4. Where were Jenks and Chessy married?
5. Where does Jenks escape from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lindsay think that Joanna might be the real killer?
2. When Lindsay arrives at the Palace of Fine Arts, what does she find?
3. How does Lindsay start to feel about her illness after her doctor mentions she might need a bone marrow transplant?
4. Why is Lindsay's recollection that Jenks is left-handed important?
5. What does Jenks say when confronted with the photograph of him and Kathy together?
6. What does Jill tell Lindsay and Raleigh the first time they come to visit her about the murder cases?
7. Why is Nicholas Jenks' red beard significant to Lindsay?
8. What convinces Lindsay that Jenks is innocent?
9. What happens to Lindsay when Jenks threatens her during questioning?
10. Why is Jill a good addition to the Women's Murder Club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Patterson portrays authority figures in "1st to Die," making sure to use at least three specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least four features of Nicholas Jenks and how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a villain.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Patterson uses to create tension in "1st to Die."
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)