|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenks insist as he is being questioned by Jill and Lindsay?
2. What does Raleigh tell Lindsay about a police call to Jenks' house several years ago?
3. What does Jenks tell Lindsay after he escapes?
4. Where do Lindsay and Raleigh rush to when they learn of Jenks' escape?
5. Who calls Lindsay to tell her that Kathy's family knows the name of the abusive ex-boyfriend?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least four different ways the story of "1st to Die" would change if the setting were in a rural, Midwestern town instead of San Francisco.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least three aspects of "1st to Die" that makes the novel believable as well as what literary devices Patterson uses to create that level of believability OR analyze at least three aspects of "1st to Die" that makes the novel unbelievable as well as what literary devices Patterson does not use effectively to create a level of believability in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Brandt murder scene 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least three key facts about Lindsay that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)