|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay tell Cindy about Nicholas Jenks once she sees the photograph Cindy finds?
2. Who goes to visit Jenks in jail?
3. Who does Lindsay talk to after her disastrous doctor appointment after she returns to San Francisco?
4. Who becomes the fourth member of the Women's Murder Club?
5. What weapon does CSU find in Jenks' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What convinces Lindsay that Jenks is innocent?
2. When Lindsay arrives at the Palace of Fine Arts, what does she find?
3. Why must Lindsay be careful in her initial investigation of Nicholas Jenks?
4. What does Raleigh try to convince Lindsay of after she nearly faints when discussing whether they have arrested the right person?
5. What does Lindsay's doctor tell her about her health after Jenks is arrested?
6. Why does the fact that Cleveland wants to indict Jenks mean for Lindsay?
7. What does Raleigh do when he and Lindsay arrive at Joanna's apartment after Jenks has escaped?
8. What happens to Lindsay when Jenks threatens her during questioning?
9. Why is Nicholas Jenks' red beard significant to Lindsay?
10. Why is Jill a good addition to the Women's Murder Club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least three ways that the violence and/or murder scenes in "1st to Die" are gratuitously violent and why such violence takes away from the plot and/or rest of the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the Brandt murder scene 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least three key facts about Lindsay that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Choose at least one female character from "1st to Die" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)