Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Lindsay that there is proof that Jenks was in town the night of the Voskuhl murders?
2. What food item does CSU find in Jenks' house?
3. What weapon does CSU find in Jenks' house?
4. Who helps read Jenks' book to get through it faster?
5. What important information does Jill discover about the urine left at the Brandt crime scene?
Although the novel seems to conclude with all of the loose ends being tied up, the reader learns from the Prologue that Lindsay is extremely depressed by the time the story ends. Discuss what three things most contribute to Lindsay's unhappiness and why Patterson may have chosen to have his strong, intelligent protagonist so unhappy at the novel's conclusion.
Discuss how the Brandt murder scene 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least three key facts about Lindsay that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
Analyze at least three aspects of "1st to Die" that makes the novel believable as well as what literary devices Patterson uses to create that level of believability OR analyze at least three aspects of "1st to Die" that makes the novel unbelievable as well as what literary devices Patterson does not use effectively to create a level of believability in the story.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)