|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cindy research Kathy Voskuhl?
2. Who wants to indict Jenks just as Lindsay is getting ready to do so as well?
3. When does Lindsay finally tell Raleigh about her illness?
4. What does Cindy find of Kathy and Nicholas doing together in a photograph?
5. What does Lindsay's boss tell her about her suspicions of Nicholas Jenks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raleigh do when he and Lindsay arrive at Joanna's apartment after Jenks has escaped?
2. Why is Lindsay's recollection that Jenks is left-handed important?
3. Why does Lindsay think that Joanna might be the real killer?
4. Why does Lindsay think the killer, Chessy, is headed to the Palace of Fine Arts?
5. What does Lindsay learn about Jenks by looking at his picture on the back of one of his books?
6. What does Lindsay's doctor tell her about her health after Jenks is arrested?
7. When Lindsay arrives at the Palace of Fine Arts, what does she find?
8. Why does Lindsay want to meet with Claire and Cindy when she returns from Cleveland?
9. What does Raleigh try to convince Lindsay of after she nearly faints when discussing whether they have arrested the right person?
10. Why are Lindsay and Raleigh unable to get a good look at the man on the museum security tapes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least one female character from "1st to Die" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least five reasons why the Women's Murder Club could OR could not work in real life. Make sure to use examples from "1st to Die" to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least four aspects of "1st to Die" that can easily be carried over into a second novel in a Women's Murder Club mystery series.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)