|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay do after discussing with Raleigh that they might have arrested the wrong person?
2. Who is the first person Lindsay begins to think is the killer?
3. After Jenks is arrested, what does Lindsay's doctor tell her about her red cell count?
4. Who does Lindsay run into while visiting Jenks in jail?
5. Whom does Cindy ask for a copy of Jenks's old novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lindsay when Jenks threatens her during questioning?
2. Why does Lindsay want to meet with Claire and Cindy when she returns from Cleveland?
3. Why are Lindsay and Raleigh unable to get a good look at the man on the museum security tapes?
4. What does Jill tell Lindsay and Raleigh the first time they come to visit her about the murder cases?
5. What does the woman in the mirror tell herself, after Jenks is arrested and arraigned, as she takes off her makeup?
6. Why must Lindsay be careful in her initial investigation of Nicholas Jenks?
7. When Lindsay arrives at the Palace of Fine Arts, what does she find?
8. Why does Lindsay think that Joanna might be the real killer?
9. What does Joanna tell Lindsay about her relationship with Chessy?
10. What was especially cruel about Jenks leaving Joanna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Patterson uses to create tension in "1st to Die."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least four aspects of "1st to Die" that can easily be carried over into a second novel in a Women's Murder Club mystery series.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Brandt murder scene 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least three key facts about Lindsay that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)