|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item does CSU find in Jenks' house?
2. Who discovers Joanna's dead body?
3. Who reviews the security tapes from the museum?
4. Who wants to indict Jenks just as Lindsay is getting ready to do so as well?
5. What does Cindy find of Kathy and Nicholas doing together in a photograph?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lindsay think that Joanna might be the real killer?
2. What does Lindsay's doctor tell her about her health after Jenks is arrested?
3. How does Lindsay take down Chessy and Jenks?
4. Why does Jill assure Lindsay of the first time they meet to discuss the case?
5. How does Cindy learn that the San Francisco writers' guild has an old copy of Jenks' book?
6. Why are Lindsay and Raleigh unable to get a good look at the man on the museum security tapes?
7. Why is Jill a good addition to the Women's Murder Club?
8. What does Jill tell Lindsay and Raleigh the first time they come to visit her about the murder cases?
9. What does Lindsay learn about Jenks by looking at his picture on the back of one of his books?
10. Why is Lindsay's recollection that Jenks is left-handed important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two characters of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club, making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lindsay and Raleigh either as lovers OR as police detectives.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Brandt murder scene 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least three key facts about Lindsay that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)