|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Lindsay that there is proof that Jenks was in town the night of the Voskuhl murders?
2. What weapon does CSU find in Jenks' house?
3. Whom does Cindy ask for a copy of Jenks's old novel?
4. What is Lindsay trying to tell Raleigh when they learn that Jenks has escaped?
5. Who does Lindsay run into while visiting Jenks in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lindsay take down Chessy and Jenks?
2. Why does Lindsay think that Joanna might be the real killer?
3. What convinces Lindsay that Jenks is innocent?
4. What does Jill tell Lindsay and Raleigh the first time they come to visit her about the murder cases?
5. What does Lindsay's doctor tell her about her health after Jenks is arrested?
6. What does Raleigh do when he and Lindsay arrive at Joanna's apartment after Jenks has escaped?
7. Why is Nicholas Jenks' red beard significant to Lindsay?
8. What was especially cruel about Jenks leaving Joanna?
9. How does the Women's Murder Club react to Lindsay's suggestion that she has arrested the wrong man?
10. How does Cindy learn that the San Francisco writers' guild has an old copy of Jenks' book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why it was necessary for Raleigh to die in "1st to Die." Make sure to discuss what effect his death has on the text in general and on Lindsay in particular -- and why those consequences were necessary for the story.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least three literary techniques Patterson uses to make one character of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three challenges an author such as Patterson faces when discussing technology or forensic science in a novel. Make sure to use at least three examples from "1st to Die" to support your position.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)