|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up shooting Raleigh?
2. Who does Lindsay talk to after her disastrous doctor appointment after she returns to San Francisco?
3. What weapon does CSU find in Jenks' house?
4. Why does Joanna refer Lindsay to Jenks' old agent?
5. What does Lindsay learn about her response to treatments when she visits her doctor after returning from San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lindsay think the killer, Chessy, is headed to the Palace of Fine Arts?
2. Why must Lindsay be careful in her initial investigation of Nicholas Jenks?
3. Why is Jill a good addition to the Women's Murder Club?
4. Why does Lindsay want to meet with Claire and Cindy when she returns from Cleveland?
5. Why does Lindsay think that Joanna might be the real killer?
6. Why is Nicholas Jenks' red beard significant to Lindsay?
7. Why are Lindsay and Raleigh unable to get a good look at the man on the museum security tapes?
8. What does Jill tell Lindsay and Raleigh the first time they come to visit her about the murder cases?
9. What does Raleigh try to convince Lindsay of after she nearly faints when discussing whether they have arrested the right person?
10. What does Raleigh do when he and Lindsay arrive at Joanna's apartment after Jenks has escaped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a well-reasoned argument paper discussing how Lindsay's illness, Negli's Aplastic Anemia, functions as its own unique character in "1st to Die." Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your strong thesis statement.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three literary devices that Patterson uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least three literary techniques Patterson uses to make one character of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)