|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up shooting Chessy?
2. What does Jenks' old agent tell Lindsay?
3. Where do Lindsay and Raleigh go for a romantic weekend away after Jenks is arrested?
4. What does Lindsay learn about her health after she starts to suspect Joanna?
5. How does Raleigh respond to the news about Lindsay's illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lindsay take down Chessy and Jenks?
2. What does the woman in the mirror tell herself, after Jenks is arrested and arraigned, as she takes off her makeup?
3. Why are Lindsay and Raleigh unable to get a good look at the man on the museum security tapes?
4. Why must Lindsay be careful in her initial investigation of Nicholas Jenks?
5. How does Cindy learn that the San Francisco writers' guild has an old copy of Jenks' book?
6. Why does Jill assure Lindsay of the first time they meet to discuss the case?
7. Why does Lindsay think that Joanna might be the real killer?
8. What does Jill tell Lindsay and Raleigh the first time they come to visit her about the murder cases?
9. What does Jill share with the Women's Murder Club about her own experience with illness?
10. What was especially cruel about Jenks leaving Joanna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least three literary techniques Patterson uses to make one character of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least three things that Patterson is able to do with the character of Lindsay because she is a woman AND at least three things he is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least four aspects of "1st to Die" that can easily be carried over into a second novel in a Women's Murder Club mystery series.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)