|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Lindsay after the Voskuhls are killed?
2. Where does Phillip Campbell stay for his out-of-town wedding?
3. Why does Kathy join James in the bathroom.
4. Where does Lindsay live?
5. Where is James when he is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cindy say to Lindsay as she slips her her business card in the hotel bathroom?
2. How does Lindsay react when she learns that her case files have been handed over to the FBI?
3. What causes Lindsay to cry at the end of Chapter 25?
4. What is the reader supposed to assume about the strange man watching Becky Passeneu at Saks?
5. How does Cindy sneak her way into the hotel where the Brandts have been murdered?
6. What does Kathy Voskuhl's family tell Lindsay about an old boyfriend of hers?
7. What makes people realized that the DeGeorges are missing?
8. What two aspects of the Brandt crime scene does Lindsay notice that later become important for the case?
9. What does Lindsay learn about Kathy Voskuhl's life before she got married?
10. How does Claire respond to Lindsay's news about her illness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why it was necessary for Raleigh to die in "1st to Die." Make sure to discuss what effect his death has on the text in general and on Lindsay in particular -- and why those consequences were necessary for the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Patterson portrays authority figures in "1st to Die," making sure to use at least three specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Patterson uses to create tension in "1st to Die."
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)