|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the driver of the limo claimed hired him?
2. Who hands Lindsay's case files to the FBI?
3. What does Lindsay have a bad dream about one night?
4. What is David Brandt wearing when he is murdered?
5. Who walks past the hotel where the Brandts have been murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Melanie Brandt doing when the murderer enters her hotel room?
2. What makes people realized that the DeGeorges are missing?
3. What is Chris Raleigh's job before he is introduced on the Bride and Groom case?
4. Why does Lindsay's doctor want to treat her with blood transfusions?
5. How does the sales associate at Saks react to the strange man watching Becky try on her wedding dress?
6. What is the reader supposed to assume about the strange man watching Becky Passeneu at Saks?
7. What kind of couple are David and Melanie Brandt?
8. What two aspects of the Brandt crime scene does Lindsay notice that later become important for the case?
9. What is Lindsay Boxer doing in the Prologue?
10. What kind of illness is Lindsay diagnosed with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least three literary devices that Patterson uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three ways that the violence and/or murder scenes in "1st to Die" are gratuitously violent and why such violence takes away from the plot and/or rest of the text.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least three things that Patterson is able to do with the character of Lindsay because she is a woman AND at least three things he is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)