|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal does Raleigh invite himself to?
2. What does Lindsay's doctor advise her to do when he gives her the diagnosis?
3. Where does Lindsay go jogging on a Sunday morning?
4. Where is James when he is killed?
5. When the novel opens, who does Lindsay consider the most important person in her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lindsay agree to give Cindy the inside scoop on the DeGeorge murders?
2. How does Raleigh react to the DeGeorge murders?
3. What is Lindsay thinking about as she waits to see her doctor for the first time?
4. What is Lindsay Boxer doing in the Prologue?
5. Why does Lindsay insist to Raleigh, while they are in Cleveland, that the killer had to have known Kathy?
6. What is the reader supposed to assume about the strange man watching Becky Passeneu at Saks?
7. How does the sales associate at Saks react to the strange man watching Becky try on her wedding dress?
8. What is the purpose of the Women's Murder Club?
9. What does Lindsay learn about Kathy Voskuhl's life before she got married?
10. How does Cindy sneak her way into the hotel where the Brandts have been murdered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Patterson uses to create tension in "1st to Die."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three challenges an author such as Patterson faces when discussing technology or forensic science in a novel. Make sure to use at least three examples from "1st to Die" to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two characters of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club, making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)