|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What key items does Lindsay realize the killer took from the Brandt crime scene?
2. How did the killer leave the tuxedo jacket next to David Brendt's body?
3. Who is Becky Passeneu?
4. What clothing items is Jacobi trying to trace down for Lindsay?
5. How does Cindy get into the hotel to see the Brandt murder scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lindsay learn about Kathy Voskuhl's life before she got married?
2. Why does Lindsay insist to Raleigh, while they are in Cleveland, that the killer had to have known Kathy?
3. What causes Lindsay to cry at the end of Chapter 25?
4. What is the situation with the security cameras at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
5. How does Lindsay react when she learns that her case files have been handed over to the FBI?
6. What is Lindsay Boxer doing in the Prologue?
7. What two aspects of the Brandt crime scene does Lindsay notice that later become important for the case?
8. What does Cindy say to Lindsay as she slips her her business card in the hotel bathroom?
9. How does Claire respond to Lindsay's news about her illness?
10. What is Lindsay thinking about as she waits to see her doctor for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Patterson portrays authority figures in "1st to Die," making sure to use at least three specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least four aspects of "1st to Die" that can easily be carried over into a second novel in a Women's Murder Club mystery series.
Essay Topic 3
Choose at least one female character from "1st to Die" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)