|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Melanie Brandt wearing when she is murdered?
2. In what city is Phillip Campbell's out-of-town wedding?
3. What does Lindsay plan to do when she learns her cases are connected to the Voskuhl murders?
4. How does Lindsay's doctor want to treat her illness?
5. What is the name of the hotel room the first murdered couple is found in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What in particular disturbs Lindsay about the Brandt murder scene?
2. What does Claire tell Lindsay and Raleigh about the knife used in the Brandt murders?
3. How does Claire respond to Lindsay's news about her illness?
4. How does Lindsay react when she learns that her case files have been handed over to the FBI?
5. What makes people realized that the DeGeorges are missing?
6. After seeing the sketch of the murder suspect, what does the witness tell Lindsay?
7. What is Melanie Brandt doing when the murderer enters her hotel room?
8. What causes Lindsay to cry at the end of Chapter 25?
9. How does Raleigh react to the DeGeorge murders?
10. What is the reader supposed to assume about the strange man watching Becky Passeneu at Saks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least four different ways the story of "1st to Die" would change if the setting were in a rural, Midwestern town instead of San Francisco.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lindsay and Raleigh either as lovers OR as police detectives.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Brandt murder scene 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least three key facts about Lindsay that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)