|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lindsay go jogging on a Sunday morning?
2. What does Lindsay's doctor advise her to do when he gives her the diagnosis?
3. Where does Phillip Campbell stay for his out-of-town wedding?
4. What does Cindy give Lindsay the first time they talk?
5. Who is Gerald Brandt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lindsay react when she learns that her case files have been handed over to the FBI?
2. What causes Lindsay to cry at the end of Chapter 25?
3. What does Claire tell Lindsay and Raleigh about the knife used in the Brandt murders?
4. How does Cindy sneak her way into the hotel where the Brandts have been murdered?
5. Why does Lindsay's doctor want to treat her with blood transfusions?
6. How does Phillip Campbell react when he walks by the crowd gathering outside of the hotel where the Brandts have been found murdered?
7. How does Gerald Brandt's respond to Lindsay's call about his business dealings after the story hits the paper?
8. What is Lindsay Boxer doing in the Prologue?
9. What is the reader supposed to assume about the strange man watching Becky Passeneu at Saks?
10. How does Claire respond to Lindsay's news about her illness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two characters of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club, making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Patterson uses to create tension in "1st to Die."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three challenges an author such as Patterson faces when discussing technology or forensic science in a novel. Make sure to use at least three examples from "1st to Die" to support your position.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)