|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close is Lindsay to her family?
2. Where are the DeGeorges killed?
3. How does Cindy get into the hotel to see the Brandt murder scene?
4. What food item is Jacobi helping Lindsay track down?
5. Who does Lindsay request speaks to the groom's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lindsay react when she learns that her case files have been handed over to the FBI?
2. What does Kathy Voskuhl's family tell Lindsay about an old boyfriend of hers?
3. Why does Lindsay think the killer, Chessy, is headed to the Palace of Fine Arts?
4. How does Cindy sneak her way into the hotel where the Brandts have been murdered?
5. What is Chris Raleigh's job before he is introduced on the Bride and Groom case?
6. What makes people realized that the DeGeorges are missing?
7. How does the sales associate at Saks react to the strange man watching Becky try on her wedding dress?
8. What in particular disturbs Lindsay about the Brandt murder scene?
9. What does Jenks say when confronted with the photograph of him and Kathy together?
10. What was especially cruel about Jenks leaving Joanna?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why it was necessary for Raleigh to die in "1st to Die." Make sure to discuss what effect his death has on the text in general and on Lindsay in particular -- and why those consequences were necessary for the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the Brandt murder scene 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least three key facts about Lindsay that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Patterson portrays authority figures in "1st to Die," making sure to use at least three specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 1,377 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)