Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay learn from CSU about fingerprints at the Brandt murder scene?
2. Who is Becky Passeneu?
3. Who helps Becky while she is shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue?
4. Who is Gerald Brandt?
5. Where is James when he is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lindsay want to meet with Claire and Cindy when she returns from Cleveland?
2. Why does Jill assure Lindsay of the first time they meet to discuss the case?
3. What does Jacobi learn about Nicholas Jenks just as he is emerging as a suspect?
4. What makes people realized that the DeGeorges are missing?
5. Why must Lindsay be careful in her initial investigation of Nicholas Jenks?
6. What is Chris Raleigh's job before he is introduced on the Bride and Groom case?
7. After seeing the sketch of the murder suspect, what does the witness tell Lindsay?
8. How does the Women's Murder Club react to Lindsay's suggestion that she has arrested the wrong man?
9. Why does Lindsay insist to Raleigh, while they are in Cleveland, that the killer had to have known Kathy?
10. Why does Lindsay think that Joanna might be the real killer?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least three literary techniques Patterson uses to make one character of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least four aspects of "1st to Die" that can easily be carried over into a second novel in a Women's Murder Club mystery series.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least five reasons why the Women's Murder Club could OR could not work in real life. Make sure to use examples from "1st to Die" to support your position.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)