|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lindsay first tell about her illness?
2. On what floor is the Brandt crime scene?
3. Where are Michael and Becky DeGeorge heading to dinner?
4. Where is James when he is killed?
5. What is the name of the hotel room the first murdered couple is found in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lindsay thinking about as she waits to see her doctor for the first time?
2. Why does Lindsay's doctor want to treat her with blood transfusions?
3. What kind of illness is Lindsay diagnosed with?
4. What is the purpose of the Women's Murder Club?
5. How does Lindsay react when she learns that her case files have been handed over to the FBI?
6. Why does Lindsay insist to Raleigh, while they are in Cleveland, that the killer had to have known Kathy?
7. What kind of couple are David and Melanie Brandt?
8. How does Cindy sneak her way into the hotel where the Brandts have been murdered?
9. What causes Lindsay to cry at the end of Chapter 25?
10. How does Raleigh react to the DeGeorge murders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least three reasons why "1st to Die" could be classified in a genre other than murder mystery, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three ways that the violence and/or murder scenes in "1st to Die" are gratuitously violent and why such violence takes away from the plot and/or rest of the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three challenges an author such as Patterson faces when discussing technology or forensic science in a novel. Make sure to use at least three examples from "1st to Die" to support your position.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)