|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lindsay invite to join her and Claire for drinks after discussing the DeGeorges?
2. What clothing items is Jacobi trying to trace down for Lindsay?
3. What does Lindsay thing about the Brandt and the DeGeorge murders?
4. Where do Kathy and James Voskuhl have at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
5. Who does Lindsay request speaks to the groom's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two aspects of the Brandt crime scene does Lindsay notice that later become important for the case?
2. What does Cindy say to Lindsay as she slips her her business card in the hotel bathroom?
3. After seeing the sketch of the murder suspect, what does the witness tell Lindsay?
4. What does Kathy Voskuhl's family tell Lindsay about an old boyfriend of hers?
5. How does Cindy sneak her way into the hotel where the Brandts have been murdered?
6. What kind of couple are David and Melanie Brandt?
7. What happens to Lindsay when she goes back to the Brandts hotel room for the second time?
8. How does the sales associate at Saks react to the strange man watching Becky try on her wedding dress?
9. What is Chris Raleigh's job before he is introduced on the Bride and Groom case?
10. What is Lindsay doing when she learns that the DeGeorges have been murdered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least three reasons why "1st to Die" could be classified in a genre other than murder mystery, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least four features of Nicholas Jenks and how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a villain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least four aspects of "1st to Die" that can easily be carried over into a second novel in a Women's Murder Club mystery series.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)