|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the limo driver encourage the DeGeorges to do?
2. Who are the first members of the Women's Murder Club?
3. Who is Becky Passeneu?
4. What is the name of the hotel room the first murdered couple is found in?
5. What does Cindy give Lindsay the first time they talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of illness is Lindsay diagnosed with?
2. What in particular disturbs Lindsay about the Brandt murder scene?
3. Why does Lindsay's doctor want to treat her with blood transfusions?
4. What does Cindy say to Lindsay as she slips her her business card in the hotel bathroom?
5. After seeing the sketch of the murder suspect, what does the witness tell Lindsay?
6. How does Phillip Campbell react when he walks by the crowd gathering outside of the hotel where the Brandts have been found murdered?
7. What two aspects of the Brandt crime scene does Lindsay notice that later become important for the case?
8. Why does Lindsay agree to give Cindy the inside scoop on the DeGeorge murders?
9. What happens to Lindsay when she goes back to the Brandts hotel room for the second time?
10. What makes people realized that the DeGeorges are missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least one female character from "1st to Die" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Patterson uses to create tension in "1st to Die."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three reasons why "1st to Die" could be classified in a genre other than murder mystery, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)