|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Lindsay after the Voskuhls are killed?
2. Who is Becky Passeneu?
3. What is Lindsay's full-time job?
4. Why does Lindsay return to the Brandt hotel murder scene after everyone else has left?
5. What key items does Lindsay realize the killer took from the Brandt crime scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire tell Lindsay and Raleigh about the knife used in the Brandt murders?
2. What is Lindsay doing when she learns that the DeGeorges have been murdered?
3. What is the reader supposed to assume about the strange man watching Becky Passeneu at Saks?
4. What happens to Lindsay when she goes back to the Brandts hotel room for the second time?
5. What kind of couple are David and Melanie Brandt?
6. How does Claire respond to Lindsay's news about her illness?
7. What in particular disturbs Lindsay about the Brandt murder scene?
8. How does Cindy sneak her way into the hotel where the Brandts have been murdered?
9. What is Melanie Brandt doing when the murderer enters her hotel room?
10. What does Kathy Voskuhl's family tell Lindsay about an old boyfriend of hers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lindsay and Raleigh either as lovers OR as police detectives.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least three things that Patterson is able to do with the character of Lindsay because she is a woman AND at least three things he is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 3
Although the novel seems to conclude with all of the loose ends being tied up, the reader learns from the Prologue that Lindsay is extremely depressed by the time the story ends. Discuss what three things most contribute to Lindsay's unhappiness and why Patterson may have chosen to have his strong, intelligent protagonist so unhappy at the novel's conclusion.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)