|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay's doctor show her a slide of during her first appointment in the novel?
2. What is Lindsay's full-time job?
3. On what floor is the Brandt crime scene?
4. How does Cindy learn so much about the DeGeorges?
5. What does Melanie Brandt's father do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire tell Lindsay and Raleigh about the knife used in the Brandt murders?
2. How does Claire respond to Lindsay's news about her illness?
3. What two aspects of the Brandt crime scene does Lindsay notice that later become important for the case?
4. What happens to Lindsay when she goes back to the Brandts hotel room for the second time?
5. Why does Lindsay insist to Raleigh, while they are in Cleveland, that the killer had to have known Kathy?
6. What makes people realized that the DeGeorges are missing?
7. What kind of couple are David and Melanie Brandt?
8. What is the purpose of the Women's Murder Club?
9. What does Cindy say to Lindsay as she slips her her business card in the hotel bathroom?
10. What is Melanie Brandt doing when the murderer enters her hotel room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least five reasons why the Women's Murder Club could OR could not work in real life. Make sure to use examples from "1st to Die" to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least three literary techniques Patterson uses to make one character of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lindsay and Raleigh either as lovers OR as police detectives.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)