|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cindy learn so much about the DeGeorges?
2. Who are the first members of the Women's Murder Club?
3. Where are Michael and Becky DeGeorge heading to dinner?
4. Where does Phillip Campbell stay for his out-of-town wedding?
5. Whom does Lindsay invite to join her and Claire for drinks after discussing the DeGeorges?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lindsay learn about Kathy Voskuhl's life before she got married?
2. Why does Lindsay's doctor want to treat her with blood transfusions?
3. What is Chris Raleigh's job before he is introduced on the Bride and Groom case?
4. How does Phillip Campbell react when he walks by the crowd gathering outside of the hotel where the Brandts have been found murdered?
5. Why does Lindsay agree to give Cindy the inside scoop on the DeGeorge murders?
6. What does Kathy Voskuhl's family tell Lindsay about an old boyfriend of hers?
7. What is Melanie Brandt doing when the murderer enters her hotel room?
8. How does Cindy sneak her way into the hotel where the Brandts have been murdered?
9. How does Gerald Brandt's respond to Lindsay's call about his business dealings after the story hits the paper?
10. What causes Lindsay to cry at the end of Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least three literary devices that Patterson uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Although the novel seems to conclude with all of the loose ends being tied up, the reader learns from the Prologue that Lindsay is extremely depressed by the time the story ends. Discuss what three things most contribute to Lindsay's unhappiness and why Patterson may have chosen to have his strong, intelligent protagonist so unhappy at the novel's conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lindsay and Raleigh either as lovers OR as police detectives.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)