|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does James sneak away to go to the bathroom?
2. What might have captured an image of the Voskuhls killer?
3. What does Claire report she has a sample of from the crime scene?
4. Who hands Lindsay's case files to the FBI?
5. What key factor connects the Voskuhls to the other murders Lindsay is investigating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Melanie Brandt doing when the murderer enters her hotel room?
2. What does Kathy Voskuhl's family tell Lindsay about an old boyfriend of hers?
3. How does Gerald Brandt's respond to Lindsay's call about his business dealings after the story hits the paper?
4. After seeing the sketch of the murder suspect, what does the witness tell Lindsay?
5. What is Lindsay thinking about as she waits to see her doctor for the first time?
6. What happens to Lindsay when she goes back to the Brandts hotel room for the second time?
7. What is Lindsay Boxer doing in the Prologue?
8. How does Claire respond to Lindsay's news about her illness?
9. What in particular disturbs Lindsay about the Brandt murder scene?
10. Why does Lindsay's doctor want to treat her with blood transfusions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least one female character from "1st to Die" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least four aspects of "1st to Die" that can easily be carried over into a second novel in a Women's Murder Club mystery series.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least three literary techniques Patterson uses to make one character of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)