|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay learn from CSU about fingerprints at the Brandt murder scene?
2. Who is Becky Passeneu?
3. Who helps Becky while she is shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue?
4. Who is Gerald Brandt?
5. Where is James when he is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lindsay want to meet with Claire and Cindy when she returns from Cleveland?
2. Why does Jill assure Lindsay of the first time they meet to discuss the case?
3. What does Jacobi learn about Nicholas Jenks just as he is emerging as a suspect?
4. What makes people realized that the DeGeorges are missing?
5. Why must Lindsay be careful in her initial investigation of Nicholas Jenks?
6. What is Chris Raleigh's job before he is introduced on the Bride and Groom case?
7. After seeing the sketch of the murder suspect, what does the witness tell Lindsay?
8. How does the Women's Murder Club react to Lindsay's suggestion that she has arrested the wrong man?
9. Why does Lindsay insist to Raleigh, while they are in Cleveland, that the killer had to have known Kathy?
10. Why does Lindsay think that Joanna might be the real killer?
Essay Topic 1
Write a well-reasoned argument paper discussing how Lindsay's illness, Negli's Aplastic Anemia, functions as its own unique character in "1st to Die." Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your strong thesis statement.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lindsay and Raleigh either as lovers OR as police detectives.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three ways that the violence and/or murder scenes in "1st to Die" are gratuitously violent and why such violence takes away from the plot and/or rest of the text.
This section contains 1,349 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)