|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lindsay first tell about her illness?
2. Who hands Lindsay's case files to the FBI?
3. Who does the driver of the limo claimed hired him?
4. Why does James sneak away to go to the bathroom?
5. Where do Kathy and James Voskuhl have at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes people realized that the DeGeorges are missing?
2. What is Lindsay doing when she learns that the DeGeorges have been murdered?
3. How does Phillip Campbell react when he walks by the crowd gathering outside of the hotel where the Brandts have been found murdered?
4. Why does Lindsay's doctor want to treat her with blood transfusions?
5. What does Kathy Voskuhl's family tell Lindsay about an old boyfriend of hers?
6. What does Cindy say to Lindsay as she slips her her business card in the hotel bathroom?
7. What is Chris Raleigh's job before he is introduced on the Bride and Groom case?
8. What is the purpose of the Women's Murder Club?
9. What kind of illness is Lindsay diagnosed with?
10. After seeing the sketch of the murder suspect, what does the witness tell Lindsay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least three ways that the violence and/or murder scenes in "1st to Die" are gratuitously violent and why such violence takes away from the plot and/or rest of the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the Brandt murder scene 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least three key facts about Lindsay that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three challenges an author such as Patterson faces when discussing technology or forensic science in a novel. Make sure to use at least three examples from "1st to Die" to support your position.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)