|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay thing about the Brandt and the DeGeorge murders?
2. Whom does Lindsay invite to join her and Claire for drinks after discussing the DeGeorges?
3. What does Lindsay confess she is considering in the Prologue?
4. What is Lindsay's marital status when the novel opens?
5. Who hands Lindsay's case files to the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Lindsay to cry at the end of Chapter 25?
2. What is Chris Raleigh's job before he is introduced on the Bride and Groom case?
3. What two aspects of the Brandt crime scene does Lindsay notice that later become important for the case?
4. What is the purpose of the Women's Murder Club?
5. What does Claire tell Lindsay and Raleigh about the knife used in the Brandt murders?
6. What is the situation with the security cameras at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
7. What does Kathy Voskuhl's family tell Lindsay about an old boyfriend of hers?
8. What is Lindsay thinking about as she waits to see her doctor for the first time?
9. How does Raleigh react to the DeGeorge murders?
10. What in particular disturbs Lindsay about the Brandt murder scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least three challenges an author such as Patterson faces when discussing technology or forensic science in a novel. Make sure to use at least three examples from "1st to Die" to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two characters of your choosing from the Women's Murder Club, making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three reasons why "1st to Die" could be classified in a genre other than murder mystery, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)