|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Lindsay begins to think is the killer?
(a) A news reporter back in San Francisco.
(b) Kathy's abusive ex-boyfriend.
(c) Kathy's abusive ex-husband.
(d) One of Kathy's male relatives.
2. What is the name of Jenks's old novel that parallels the bridge and groom cases?
(a) I Do.
(b) The Bride and Groom Murders.
(c) Always a Bridesmaid.
(d) I Did.
3. What keeps Lindsay from telling Raleigh about her illness the first time she tries to do so?
(a) The door bell.
(b) She falls asleep because she is so tired.
(c) Their love making.
(d) A phone call.
4. What important information does Jill discover about the urine left at the Brandt crime scene?
(a) That it belonged to a woman.
(b) That it belonged to a pregnant woman.
(c) That it was from a cat.
(d) That it wasn't really urine after all but poison.
5. Where does Jenks escape from?
(a) A chain gang.
(b) Police custody.
(c) An interview with a TV reporter.
(d) An airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which hand does Jenks prefer to use?
2. How does Raleigh respond to the news about Lindsay's illness?
3. What does the doctor decide to do for Lindsay when she visits after returning to San Francisco?
4. What does Jenks say about his whereabouts during the Voskhul murders?
5. Why does Lindsay visit with her doctor once she returns to San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lindsay when Jenks threatens her during questioning?
2. Why does Lindsay think the killer, Chessy, is headed to the Palace of Fine Arts?
3. How does the Women's Murder Club react to Lindsay's suggestion that she has arrested the wrong man?
4. What does Joanna tell Lindsay about her relationship with Chessy?
5. When Lindsay arrives at the Palace of Fine Arts, what does she find?
6. What does Jenks say when confronted with the photograph of him and Kathy together?
7. Why does Lindsay think that Joanna might be the real killer?
8. Why is Lindsay's recollection that Jenks is left-handed important?
9. Why does the fact that Cleveland wants to indict Jenks mean for Lindsay?
10. Why must Lindsay be careful in her initial investigation of Nicholas Jenks?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)