|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Lindsay finally tell Raleigh about her illness?
(a) After Jenks is arrested.
(b) She never does, actually.
(c) After they get engaged.
(d) After they meet each other's families.
2. Who does Lindsay run into while visiting Jenks in jail?
(a) Her old boyfriend who is now a prison guard.
(b) A reporter trying to spy on Cindy.
(c) Joanna Wade.
(d) Chessy Jenks.
3. Who makes the arrest of Nicholas with Lindsay?
(c) The chief of police.
(d) Some FBI officer who just wants to steal the limelight.
4. What does Jenks' old agent tell Lindsay?
(a) That he has the photograph she is looking for.
(b) That he unfortunately does not have a copy of Jenks' old book.
(c) That he believes the killer to be living in a farm in Napa.
(d) That he is alive and well, and that there is no need to worry about him.
5. What is Lindsay trying to tell Raleigh when they learn that Jenks has escaped?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That her health situation has become grave.
(c) That her health situation has improved.
(d) That she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member won't give the name of Kathy's abusive ex-boyfriend?
2. Who tells Lindsay that there is proof that Jenks was in town the night of the Voskuhl murders?
3. Where does Cindy research Kathy Voskuhl?
4. Which hand does Jenks prefer to use?
5. When did Jenks leave Joanna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was especially cruel about Jenks leaving Joanna?
2. What does Lindsay learn about Jenks by looking at his picture on the back of one of his books?
3. What does Lindsay's doctor tell her about her health after Jenks is arrested?
4. Why does Lindsay want to meet with Claire and Cindy when she returns from Cleveland?
5. How does Cindy learn that the San Francisco writers' guild has an old copy of Jenks' book?
6. What convinces Lindsay that Jenks is innocent?
7. Why must Lindsay be careful in her initial investigation of Nicholas Jenks?
8. How does Lindsay start to feel about her illness after her doctor mentions she might need a bone marrow transplant?
9. What does Jill tell Jenks as she is questioning him?
10. What does Jenks say when confronted with the photograph of him and Kathy together?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)