|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lindsay drive back to San Francisco with Claire?
(a) So she can ask her questions about her psychologist.
(b) So she can finally get some sleep.
(c) So she can gossip about Raleigh.
(d) So she can tell her about her illness.
2. What is Raleigh's marital status?
3. When the novel opens, who does Lindsay consider the most important person in her life?
(a) Her priest, whom she also knew as a child.
(b) Her friend, Claire.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her sister.
4. What does Lindsay do in a weak moment of frustration with the case and with her illness?
(b) Runs a red light out of anger -- and gets in an accident.
(c) Goes out and gets drunk.
(d) Yells at people in her office.
5. Who does the driver of the limo claimed hired him?
(a) Their parents.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Their hotel.
(d) A stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Phillip Campbell stay for his out-of-town wedding?
2. How does Lindsay's doctor want to treat her illness?
3. What was the catalyst for Lindsay's depression?
4. On what floor is the Brandt crime scene?
5. How do Claire and Lindsay greet each other when they first meet in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of illness is Lindsay diagnosed with?
2. What does Lindsay learn about Kathy Voskuhl's life before she got married?
3. What is Lindsay Boxer doing in the Prologue?
4. What is the purpose of the Women's Murder Club?
5. What is Lindsay thinking about as she waits to see her doctor for the first time?
6. What does Cindy say to Lindsay as she slips her her business card in the hotel bathroom?
7. What two aspects of the Brandt crime scene does Lindsay notice that later become important for the case?
8. Why does Lindsay's doctor want to treat her with blood transfusions?
9. What causes Lindsay to cry at the end of Chapter 25?
10. Why does Lindsay insist to Raleigh, while they are in Cleveland, that the killer had to have known Kathy?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)