|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lindsay learn from CSU about fingerprints at the Brandt murder scene?
(a) That the only prints at the scene were Lindsay's.
(b) That there were no prints of any use.
(c) That they found one set of usable prints.
(d) That they found two sets of usable prints.
2. What does Claire do for a living?
(a) Work as a pediatrician.
(b) Work as an emergency room doctor.
(c) Work as a professor at a medical school.
(d) Work as the assistant coroner.
3. How does Cindy get into the hotel to see the Brandt murder scene?
(a) She sneaks in and no one sees her.
(b) She pretends she is delivering flowers.
(c) She poses as a police officer.
(d) She lies.
4. When the novel opens, who does Lindsay consider the most important person in her life?
(a) Her friend, Claire.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her priest, whom she also knew as a child.
5. What romantic act do Raleigh and Lindsay do after a casual meal?
(a) Go wine tasting.
(c) Go horseback riding.
(d) Go sailing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the DeGeorges killed?
2. Where are the DeGeorges bodies found?
3. What was the catalyst for Lindsay's depression?
4. What is Lindsay's marital status when the novel opens?
5. Where does Phillip Campbell stay for his out-of-town wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of couple are David and Melanie Brandt?
2. Why does Lindsay insist to Raleigh, while they are in Cleveland, that the killer had to have known Kathy?
3. How does Gerald Brandt's respond to Lindsay's call about his business dealings after the story hits the paper?
4. Why does Lindsay's doctor want to treat her with blood transfusions?
5. Why does Lindsay agree to give Cindy the inside scoop on the DeGeorge murders?
6. What does Claire tell Lindsay and Raleigh about the knife used in the Brandt murders?
7. How does the sales associate at Saks react to the strange man watching Becky try on her wedding dress?
8. How does Phillip Campbell react when he walks by the crowd gathering outside of the hotel where the Brandts have been found murdered?
9. What is Melanie Brandt doing when the murderer enters her hotel room?
10. What in particular disturbs Lindsay about the Brandt murder scene?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)