|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might have captured an image of the Voskuhls killer?
(a) A camera at a traffic light that catches red-light runners.
(b) A video camera.
(c) The wedding photographer.
(d) Someone's cell phone.
2. What does Lindsay's doctor advise her to do when he gives her the diagnosis?
(a) See a pediatrician.
(b) See a neurologist.
(c) See an endometreologist.
(d) See a hematologist.
3. What does Lindsay tell Cindy about the case the first time they talk on the phone?
(a) All of the details -- on the record.
(b) All of the details -- off the record.
(c) No comment.
(d) She never talks to Cindy on the phone about the bride and groom case.
4. What does Lindsay confess she is considering in the Prologue?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Moving to Paris.
(d) Divorcing her husband.
5. Who looks over the Voskuhl crime scene photos with Lindsay and Raleigh?
(a) The San Diego reporter who broke the story.
(b) The Cleveland police detective.
(c) No one; they look at the photos by themselves.
(d) The Cincinnati mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay's doctor show her a slide of during her first appointment in the novel?
2. How does Lindsay's boss feel about the press coverage of the bridge and groom case?
3. What was the catalyst for Lindsay's depression?
4. Where does Cindy follow Lindsay the first time they meet?
5. What jewelry is missing from the DeGeorge's bodies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gerald Brandt's respond to Lindsay's call about his business dealings after the story hits the paper?
2. What causes Lindsay to cry at the end of Chapter 25?
3. What does Claire tell Lindsay and Raleigh about the knife used in the Brandt murders?
4. What in particular disturbs Lindsay about the Brandt murder scene?
5. How does Phillip Campbell react when he walks by the crowd gathering outside of the hotel where the Brandts have been found murdered?
6. What is Melanie Brandt doing when the murderer enters her hotel room?
7. What is the reader supposed to assume about the strange man watching Becky Passeneu at Saks?
8. What is the purpose of the Women's Murder Club?
9. What does Lindsay learn about Kathy Voskuhl's life before she got married?
10. What is Lindsay Boxer doing in the Prologue?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)