|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Lindsay from telling Raleigh about her illness the first time she tries to do so?
(a) Their love making.
(b) The door bell.
(c) A phone call.
(d) She falls asleep because she is so tired.
2. What does the doctor decide to do for Lindsay when she visits after returning to San Francisco?
(a) Increase the number of transfusions she is getting.
(b) Give her a refillable prescription for headache medicine.
(c) Demand that she be taken off the case for medical reasons.
(d) Send her to a hypnotist to help with her sleeping.
3. Who does the real killer dress like after Jenks' escapes?
(a) Jenks himself.
4. Who calls Lindsay to tell her that Kathy's family knows the name of the abusive ex-boyfriend?
(a) A reporter.
(b) An anonymous tipster.
(c) One of Kathy's friends.
(d) Kathy's daughter.
5. Who calls Lindsay after she realizes Jenks might be innocent?
(a) Phillip Campbell.
(c) The murder victims' families in Cleveland.
(d) Her mother.
6. Where do Lindsay and Raleigh go for a romantic weekend away after Jenks is arrested?
(b) A hotel right on the beach.
(c) A week-long cruise.
(d) A cabin in the country.
7. Who does Lindsay run into while visiting Jenks in jail?
(a) Chessy Jenks.
(b) Joanna Wade.
(c) A reporter trying to spy on Cindy.
(d) Her old boyfriend who is now a prison guard.
8. What does Jenks tell Lindsay after he escapes?
(a) That he is going after the real killer.
(b) That he is the real killer.
(c) That he is going to kill Lindsay.
(d) That he won't bother killing Lindsay because she is practically dead anyway.
9. Who does Lindsay first talk to about her concern that Jenks might not be the real killer?
(a) Her boss.
(b) The police commissioner.
(d) The Women's Murder Club.
10. Why does Lindsay visit with her doctor once she returns to San Francisco?
(a) To see how her illness is progressing.
(b) To see what she can do about her insomnia.
(c) To get some medication for her migraine headaches.
(d) To ask about a growth she has found under her shoulder.
11. What is Lindsay doing as Jenks is arraigned?
(a) Recovering in the hospital.
(b) Praying in church.
(d) Visiting the graves of his victims.
12. Which hand does Jenks prefer to use?
(a) He is ambidextrous.
(b) His right hand.
(c) This is never discussed in the novel.
(d) His left hand.
13. Why does Joanna refer Lindsay to Jenks' old agent?
(a) To see if he has an old photograph of his.
(b) To see if he has a copy of an old book of Jenks.
(c) Because she knows that he is really the killer.
(d) Because she is worried he has been murdered, too.
14. When does Lindsay finally tell Raleigh about her illness?
(a) After Jenks is arrested.
(b) After they get engaged.
(c) She never does, actually.
(d) After they meet each other's families.
15. Whom does Lindsay finally convince to tell her the name of Kathy's abusive ex-boyfriend?
(a) Kathy's friend.
(b) Kathy's sister.
(c) Kathy's mother.
(d) Kathy's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member won't give the name of Kathy's abusive ex-boyfriend?
2. Why is Nicholas Jenks famous?
3. What does Cindy do at Women's Murder Club when she hears about the novel Jenks wrote?
4. Where does Jenks escape from?
5. Who becomes the fourth member of the Women's Murder Club?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)