|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose houses does Lindsay send a Jacobi and another police offer to watch over after Jenks escapes?
(a) Cindy's and Claire's.
(b) Her own and Jill's.
(c) Joanna's and Chessy's.
(d) Joanna's and Jenks's former agent.
2. Who does Lindsay run into while visiting Jenks in jail?
(a) Her old boyfriend who is now a prison guard.
(b) Chessy Jenks.
(c) Joanna Wade.
(d) A reporter trying to spy on Cindy.
3. What does Raleigh tell Lindsay about a police call to Jenks' house several years ago?
(a) That it was made from Jill's house.
(b) That the charges were dropped.
(c) That it was made from Lindsay's cell phone.
(d) That a body was found but Jenks was nowhere to be seen.
4. Which hand does Jenks prefer to use?
(a) He is ambidextrous.
(b) This is never discussed in the novel.
(c) His right hand.
(d) His left hand.
5. Where does Nicholas Jenks lives when Lindsay first learns about him?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
6. What biological evidence does CSU find in Jenks' house that they hope to use as evidence?
(a) A hair.
(b) A flake of skin.
(d) A piece of a fingernail.
7. What does Jenks insist as he is being questioned by Jill and Lindsay?
(a) He doesn't say anything; he just keeps asking for a lawyer.
(b) That he is innocent.
(c) That he committed the murders but they can never prove it.
(d) That he did in fact commit the murders.
8. What food item does CSU find in Jenks' house?
(a) A bottle of scotch that was stolen from the Brandt murder scene.
(b) Champagne that matches that from the Brandt murder scene.
(c) Caviar that matches that from the Brandt murder scene.
(d) This is a trick question; no evidence is found in Jenks' house.
9. What key question does Lindsay ask Joanna about Jenks?
(a) If he ever mentioned wanting to write a murder mystery novel.
(b) If she ever helped him dispose of a body.
(c) If she has any DNA of his she can have.
(d) If he is capable of murder.
10. What does Jenks' old agent tell Lindsay?
(a) That he has the photograph she is looking for.
(b) That he is alive and well, and that there is no need to worry about him.
(c) That he believes the killer to be living in a farm in Napa.
(d) That he unfortunately does not have a copy of Jenks' old book.
11. What sport event do Lindsay and Raleigh get invited to?
(a) A hockey game.
(b) A football game.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A soccer game.
12. Who is the first person Lindsay begins to think is the killer?
(a) Kathy's abusive ex-boyfriend.
(b) A news reporter back in San Francisco.
(c) One of Kathy's male relatives.
(d) Kathy's abusive ex-husband.
13. Which other member of the Women's Murder Club confesses that she has dealt with severe illness herself?
(b) No one; this is a trick question.
14. Who calls Lindsay after she realizes Jenks might be innocent?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The murder victims' families in Cleveland.
(c) Phillip Campbell.
15. Where does Cindy research Kathy Voskuhl?
(a) The Chronicle archives.
(b) The city library.
(c) The Internet.
(d) The FBI database.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenks tell Lindsay after he escapes?
2. Why does Jenks become angry with Chessy?
3. What does Cindy's discovery of Jenks' old novel allow Jill and Lindsay to do?
4. When did Jenks leave Joanna?
5. How do Lindsay and Raleigh spend their time at the sporting event?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)