|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jill claim to need before she can move against Jenks?
(a) A fingerprint.
(b) More evidence.
(c) A DNA sample.
(d) Direct video evidence.
2. What is Jenks' first reaction to being question about Kathy?
(a) He denies knowing her.
(b) He pretends that he doesn't speak English.
(c) He pretends to faint.
(d) He creates a fake, but sad, love story about their relationship.
3. How does Raleigh feel about Lindsay's idea that they have the wrong killer?
(a) He realizes she is on to him, so he flees town.
(b) He does not agree.
(c) He gets really angry since he thought the case was closed.
(d) He thinks she might be right.
4. How does Raleigh respond to the news about Lindsay's illness?
(a) He is supportive.
(b) He is mad it took her so long to tell him.
(c) He already knew.
(d) This is a trick question; she never tells him.
5. How does Jenks treat Chessy?
(c) The reader never learns.
6. Why does Joanna refer Lindsay to Jenks' old agent?
(a) Because she knows that he is really the killer.
(b) Because she is worried he has been murdered, too.
(c) To see if he has an old photograph of his.
(d) To see if he has a copy of an old book of Jenks.
7. What does Nicholas Jenks do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a photographer.
(c) He is a musician.
(d) He is a novelist.
8. Which hand does Jenks prefer to use?
(a) He is ambidextrous.
(b) His left hand.
(c) His right hand.
(d) This is never discussed in the novel.
9. Who reviews the security tapes from the museum?
(a) Just Raleigh.
(b) Lindsay and Raleigh.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Just Lindsay.
10. What does Lindsay tell Cindy about Nicholas Jenks once she sees the photograph Cindy finds?
(a) Eveything she knows.
(b) Just enough to get her help.
(c) Nothing; she doesn't want anything in the paper.
(d) A lie to test whether or not she is going to go public with the information.
11. What natural event happens that allows Jenks to escape?
(a) An earthquake hits.
(b) A tornado touches down.
(c) A severe thunderstorm comes in.
(d) A hurricane blows through.
12. Why is Nicholas Jenks famous?
(a) He took a picture just as Kennedy was being shot.
(b) For the books that he has written.
(c) His music has won more Emmys than any other person.
(d) He only paints with blood.
13. Where were Jenks and Chessy married?
(a) At the Palace of Fine Arts.
(b) In jail.
(c) At City Hall.
(d) They never were actually married.
14. What does the doctor decide to do for Lindsay when she visits after returning to San Francisco?
(a) Give her a refillable prescription for headache medicine.
(b) Send her to a hypnotist to help with her sleeping.
(c) Increase the number of transfusions she is getting.
(d) Demand that she be taken off the case for medical reasons.
15. Who calls Lindsay to tell her that Kathy's family knows the name of the abusive ex-boyfriend?
(a) One of Kathy's friends.
(b) A reporter.
(c) Kathy's daughter.
(d) An anonymous tipster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps read Jenks' book to get through it faster?
2. What does Lindsay do after discussing with Raleigh that they might have arrested the wrong person?
3. Where does Lindsay find a copy of Jenks' latest novel?
4. Which other member of the Women's Murder Club confesses that she has dealt with severe illness herself?
5. What does Cindy do at Women's Murder Club when she hears about the novel Jenks wrote?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)