|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lindsay talk to after her disastrous doctor appointment after she returns to San Francisco?
(d) Her mother, with whom she has not spoken in years.
2. Why does Joanna refer Lindsay to Jenks' old agent?
(a) To see if he has an old photograph of his.
(b) Because she is worried he has been murdered, too.
(c) To see if he has a copy of an old book of Jenks.
(d) Because she knows that he is really the killer.
3. Where do Lindsay and Raleigh go for a romantic weekend away after Jenks is arrested?
(b) A hotel right on the beach.
(c) A cabin in the country.
(d) A week-long cruise.
4. How does Raleigh respond to the news about Lindsay's illness?
(a) He is supportive.
(b) He already knew.
(c) This is a trick question; she never tells him.
(d) He is mad it took her so long to tell him.
5. Who makes the arrest of Nicholas with Lindsay?
(a) Some FBI officer who just wants to steal the limelight.
(d) The chief of police.
6. Which family member won't give the name of Kathy's abusive ex-boyfriend?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her sister.
7. What kind of suspicious-looking man do the security tapes of the museum show?
(a) A man dressed a little too fancy for the kind of party that was happening.
(b) One fitting the killer's description.
(c) A man dressed as a florist even though no one ordered any flowers.
(d) A homeless man.
8. Who do Lindsay and Raleigh think they see at Joanna's apartment?
(a) Jill sneaking out the back door.
(b) A woman dressed up like Jenks.
(c) The police commissioner sneaking out the back door.
(d) Jenks himself.
9. What does Cindy do at Women's Murder Club when she hears about the novel Jenks wrote?
(b) Realizes there is a copy of it on the Internet.
(c) Tells everyone that it has been turned into a play that is coincidentally running at a local theater.
(d) Runs off mysteriously.
10. Where does Cindy research Kathy Voskuhl?
(a) The Chronicle archives.
(b) The city library.
(c) The FBI database.
(d) The Internet.
11. Who is Joanna Wade?
(a) Jenks' sister.
(b) Jenks' first wife.
(c) Jenks' old neighbor.
(d) Jenks' mother.
12. What does Raleigh tell Lindsay about a police call to Jenks' house several years ago?
(a) That it was made from Lindsay's cell phone.
(b) That the charges were dropped.
(c) That a body was found but Jenks was nowhere to be seen.
(d) That it was made from Jill's house.
13. Whom does Cindy ask for a copy of Jenks's old novel?
(a) Her high school librarian.
(b) An editor friend she knows.
(c) Jenks's college librarian.
(d) The San Francisco writers' guild.
14. Where does Lindsay find a copy of Jenks' latest novel?
(a) On her front doorstep.
(b) In her mailbox.
(c) In the police station; another officer happened to be reading it.
(d) In a local bookstore.
15. Where does Jenks tell Lindsay Joanna once worked?
(a) In the police department as a secretary.
(c) The Hyatt.
(d) In Napa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenks say about his whereabouts during the Voskhul murders?
2. What does Jenks' old agent tell Lindsay?
3. Who does Lindsay first talk to about her concern that Jenks might not be the real killer?
4. Who reviews the security tapes from the museum?
5. What does Lindsay tell Cindy about Nicholas Jenks once she sees the photograph Cindy finds?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)