|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joanna Wade?
(a) Jenks' first wife.
(b) Jenks' mother.
(c) Jenks' sister.
(d) Jenks' old neighbor.
2. Where were Jenks and Chessy married?
(a) At the Palace of Fine Arts.
(b) At City Hall.
(c) In jail.
(d) They never were actually married.
3. What does Jenks insist as he is being questioned by Jill and Lindsay?
(a) That he did in fact commit the murders.
(b) That he is innocent.
(c) He doesn't say anything; he just keeps asking for a lawyer.
(d) That he committed the murders but they can never prove it.
4. Who wants to indict Jenks just as Lindsay is getting ready to do so as well?
(a) The FBI.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The IRS -- they have been investigating him for tax fraud, too.
5. Where do Lindsay and Raleigh rush to when they learn of Jenks' escape?
(a) Their own apartment.
(b) The site of the plane crash.
(c) The Hall of Justice.
(d) The television station.
6. Why does Jenks become angry with Chessy?
(a) For spending too much money.
(b) For asking too many questions.
(c) For cooking a dinner he didn't like.
(d) For lying to the police.
7. What does Jill claim to need before she can move against Jenks?
(a) More evidence.
(b) Direct video evidence.
(c) A DNA sample.
(d) A fingerprint.
8. What does Jenks claim about being innocent to Lindsay, after he has been arraigned?
(a) That he may be guilty but he will be proven innocent because he's smart.
(b) That he is innocent in the eyes of God so he doesn't care what Lindsay thinks about him.
(c) That he has been setup.
(d) That he can't remember committing the crimes so he's not really guilty.
9. What is the name of Jenks's old novel that parallels the bridge and groom cases?
(a) I Did.
(b) I Do.
(c) The Bride and Groom Murders.
(d) Always a Bridesmaid.
10. What does Lindsay learn about her response to treatments when she visits her doctor after returning from San Francisco?
(a) That they have cured her completely.
(b) That they are working but she will have to continue them.
(c) That they have been giving her the wrong treatments so she has to start over.
(d) That she is not responding well to them.
11. What does Nicholas Jenks do for a living?
(a) He is a photographer.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a musician.
(d) He is a novelist.
12. What does Lindsay's boss tell her about her suspicions of Nicholas Jenks?
(a) To be cautious because he is famous.
(b) That he is very reclusive and unfriendly to strangers.
(c) That he was the suspect in another murder many years ago.
(d) That she is completely wrong because he knows him personally.
13. When does Lindsay finally tell Raleigh about her illness?
(a) After they get engaged.
(b) After Jenks is arrested.
(c) After they meet each other's families.
(d) She never does, actually.
14. Who tells Lindsay that there is proof that Jenks was in town the night of the Voskuhl murders?
(b) The Cleveland police.
(d) A psychic.
15. How does Jenks treat Chessy?
(a) The reader never learns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Lindsay to tell her that Kathy's family knows the name of the abusive ex-boyfriend?
2. Who reviews the security tapes from the museum?
3. What does Lindsay do after discussing with Raleigh that they might have arrested the wrong person?
4. What does Raleigh tell Lindsay he has discovered about Jenks' gun?
5. Which hand does Jenks prefer to use?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)