|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jill Bernhardt?
(a) The assistant district attorney.
(b) A private investigator.
(c) The attorney general.
(d) The district attorney.
2. Why is Nicholas Jenks famous?
(a) For the books that he has written.
(b) His music has won more Emmys than any other person.
(c) He only paints with blood.
(d) He took a picture just as Kennedy was being shot.
3. What does Cindy's discovery of Jenks' old novel allow Jill and Lindsay to do?
(a) Finally see how it ends.
(b) Arrest Jenks.
(c) Get a warrant for the book.
(d) Go on the record for Cindy's article.
4. How does Jenks treat Chessy?
(d) The reader never learns.
5. Whom does Cindy ask for a copy of Jenks's old novel?
(a) Jenks's college librarian.
(b) The San Francisco writers' guild.
(c) An editor friend she knows.
(d) Her high school librarian.
6. Where does Cindy research Kathy Voskuhl?
(a) The Internet.
(b) The city library.
(c) The Chronicle archives.
(d) The FBI database.
7. After Jenks is arrested, what does Lindsay's doctor tell her about her red cell count?
(a) That it is finally improving.
(b) That it is still falling.
(c) That is has suddenly become healthy -- almost too healthy.
(d) That it is exactly the same.
8. Whose houses does Lindsay send a Jacobi and another police offer to watch over after Jenks escapes?
(a) Her own and Jill's.
(b) Cindy's and Claire's.
(c) Joanna's and Chessy's.
(d) Joanna's and Jenks's former agent.
9. What does Raleigh tell Lindsay he has discovered about Jenks' gun?
(a) That it doesn't match the one used in any of the murders.
(b) That it was reportedly stolen 10 years ago.
(c) That it matches the one used in the first murder.
(d) That it matches the one used in the last two sets of murders.
10. What does Lindsay do after discussing with Raleigh that they might have arrested the wrong person?
(a) Breaks up with him.
(b) Threatens to call his wife about their affair.
(c) Gets furiously angry.
11. Who does Lindsay first talk to about her concern that Jenks might not be the real killer?
(a) Her boss.
(c) The Women's Murder Club.
(d) The police commissioner.
12. What does Jenks tell Lindsay after he escapes?
(a) That he is going after the real killer.
(b) That he won't bother killing Lindsay because she is practically dead anyway.
(c) That he is the real killer.
(d) That he is going to kill Lindsay.
13. What natural event happens that allows Jenks to escape?
(a) A tornado touches down.
(b) A hurricane blows through.
(c) An earthquake hits.
(d) A severe thunderstorm comes in.
14. What does Cindy find of Kathy and Nicholas doing together in a photograph?
(a) Volunteering together at a feed-the-homeless event.
(b) Dancing at a dance competition.
(c) Getting into an argument at a protest.
(d) Getting their picture taken.
15. What does Jenks claim about being innocent to Lindsay, after he has been arraigned?
(a) That he may be guilty but he will be proven innocent because he's smart.
(b) That he can't remember committing the crimes so he's not really guilty.
(c) That he has been setup.
(d) That he is innocent in the eyes of God so he doesn't care what Lindsay thinks about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Lindsay that there is proof that Jenks was in town the night of the Voskuhl murders?
2. What does Jenks force Chessy to do while they are having sex?
3. Who offers to research Kathy Voskuhl?
4. Who does the real killer dress like after Jenks' escapes?
5. Whom does Lindsay finally convince to tell her the name of Kathy's abusive ex-boyfriend?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)