|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lindsay first talk to about her concern that Jenks might not be the real killer?
(a) Her boss.
(b) The Women's Murder Club.
(c) The police commissioner.
2. What does Lindsay's boss tell her about her suspicions of Nicholas Jenks?
(a) That he was the suspect in another murder many years ago.
(b) To be cautious because he is famous.
(c) That she is completely wrong because he knows him personally.
(d) That he is very reclusive and unfriendly to strangers.
3. What does Lindsay tell Cindy about Nicholas Jenks once she sees the photograph Cindy finds?
(a) Just enough to get her help.
(b) A lie to test whether or not she is going to go public with the information.
(c) Eveything she knows.
(d) Nothing; she doesn't want anything in the paper.
4. How does Lindsay respond to Jenks' initial claims to innocence?
(a) She is nervous he might in fact be smart enough to outsmart the charges.
(b) She thinks he has gone crazy.
(c) She refuses to believe him.
(d) She thinks he is, in fact, framing someone else.
5. Where does Lindsay find a copy of Jenks' latest novel?
(a) In the police station; another officer happened to be reading it.
(b) In her mailbox.
(c) On her front doorstep.
(d) In a local bookstore.
6. When did Jenks leave Joanna?
(a) Just as he was becoming famous.
(b) Whe she found out he was cheating on her.
(c) On her birthday.
(d) When he found out she was cheating on him.
7. Who reviews the security tapes from the museum?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) Lindsay and Raleigh.
(c) Just Lindsay.
(d) Just Raleigh.
8. How does Lindsay trick Kathy's family member into giving her the name of Kathy's abusive ex-boyfriend?
(a) This is a trick question; the family member doesn't tell her at first.
(b) By sending in Cindy, the undercover reporter.
(c) By pretending she already knows.
(d) By drugging her coffee.
9. Who does Lindsay tell everything she knows about the Voskuhl murders once she is back in San Francisco?
(b) Her psychologist.
(d) Claire and Cindy.
10. Whom does Cindy show the photo of Kathy and Nicholas?
(d) Her editor.
11. What does the doctor decide to do for Lindsay when she visits after returning to San Francisco?
(a) Demand that she be taken off the case for medical reasons.
(b) Give her a refillable prescription for headache medicine.
(c) Increase the number of transfusions she is getting.
(d) Send her to a hypnotist to help with her sleeping.
12. After Jenks is arrested, what does Lindsay's doctor tell her about her red cell count?
(a) That is has suddenly become healthy -- almost too healthy.
(b) That it is exactly the same.
(c) That it is still falling.
(d) That it is finally improving.
13. What key question does Lindsay ask Joanna about Jenks?
(a) If he is capable of murder.
(b) If he ever mentioned wanting to write a murder mystery novel.
(c) If she ever helped him dispose of a body.
(d) If she has any DNA of his she can have.
14. When does Lindsay finally tell Raleigh about her illness?
(a) After they meet each other's families.
(b) After Jenks is arrested.
(c) After they get engaged.
(d) She never does, actually.
15. What sport event do Lindsay and Raleigh get invited to?
(a) A hockey game.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A football game.
(d) A soccer game.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chessy react to her husband's arrest?
2. How does Jenks treat Chessy?
3. What does Raleigh tell Lindsay he has discovered about Jenks' gun?
4. Where do Lindsay and Raleigh rush to when they learn of Jenks' escape?
5. What does Jenks tell Lindsay after he escapes?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)