|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lindsay's marital status when the novel opens?
(c) None of these answers is correct.
2. In what city is Phillip Campbell's out-of-town wedding?
(b) San Diego.
3. Where does Phillip Campbell stay for his out-of-town wedding?
(a) His car.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A houseboat.
4. How did the killer leave the tuxedo jacket next to David Brendt's body?
(a) This is a trick question; there was no jacket at the murder scene.
(b) Draped over David's face.
(c) In a heap.
(d) Folded up.
5. Where does the limo driver pick up Michael and Becky DeGeorge?
(a) At the airport.
(b) Near their hotel.
(c) On the side of the road.
(d) At their parents' house.
6. Who is Gerald Brandt?
(a) The bride's father.
(b) The groom's son.
(c) The bride's brother.
(d) The groom's father.
7. What does Lindsay confess she is considering in the Prologue?
(b) Moving to Paris.
(c) Divorcing her husband.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
8. Who is Becky Passeneu?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) A woman about to get married.
(c) A teacher in town with a clue for Lindsay.
(d) A very rich lady who likes to go shopping.
9. What key factor connects the Voskuhls to the other murders Lindsay is investigating?
(a) The Voskuhls' wedding rings are missing.
(b) Champagne was delivered to their room.
(c) Kathy Voskuhls was killed in her wedding dress.
(d) The killer left a note, just like at the other murder scenes.
10. Where are Michael and Becky DeGeorge heading to dinner?
(a) Dinner at a private chef's house.
(b) A hole-in-the-wall restaurant.
(c) McDonald's, where they first met.
(d) A very exclusive restaurant.
11. What does Lindsay do in a weak moment of frustration with the case and with her illness?
(a) Yells at people in her office.
(b) Runs a red light out of anger -- and gets in an accident.
(c) Goes out and gets drunk.
12. What does the limo driver encourage the DeGeorges to do?
(a) Enjoy the privacy of the back seat.
(b) Enjoy the free wine that comes with the limo ride.
(c) Plug in their iPods.
(d) Start listening to the audio tour.
13. What food item is Jacobi helping Lindsay track down?
(a) The same kind of fancy cheese found at the crime scene.
(b) The same kind of caviar found at the crime scene.
(c) The same kind of champagne found at the crime scene.
(d) The restaurant that delivered the food found at the crime scene.
14. Who does Lindsay request speaks to the groom's family?
(a) A random police officer she finds in the hall.
(b) No one, since they are suspects, too.
15. What romantic act do Raleigh and Lindsay do after a casual meal?
(a) Go wine tasting.
(b) Go sailing.
(d) Go horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cindy get into the hotel to see the Brandt murder scene?
2. Where do Kathy and James Voskuhl have at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
3. How does Lindsay's boss feel about the press coverage of the bridge and groom case?
4. Why does Lindsay drive back to San Francisco with Claire?
5. What does Cindy give Lindsay the first time they talk?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)