|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doctor does Lindsay go see the day after she revisits the Brandt crime scene?
(a) A forensic anthropologist.
(b) A psychic.
(c) A hematologist.
(d) A psychologist.
2. Who does Lindsay request speaks to the groom's family?
(a) No one, since they are suspects, too.
(c) A random police officer she finds in the hall.
3. Why does Cindy get to go to the Brandt murder scene?
(a) She requested it.
(b) It happens at night and no one else is in the office.
(c) She knows someone at the hotel who called her directly.
(d) The two crime reporters are already busy.
4. What is Cindy's original beat when she gets called to the Brandt murder scene?
(a) The education beat.
(b) The restaurant scene.
(c) The politics beat.
(d) The metro desk.
5. What romantic act do Raleigh and Lindsay do after a casual meal?
(b) Go horseback riding.
(c) Go sailing.
(d) Go wine tasting.
6. What is Cindy able to see of the crime scene before police ask her to leave?
(a) The groom's body.
(b) The bride, dead on the bed.
(d) The entire thing.
7. Who does the driver of the limo claimed hired him?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their hotel.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A stranger.
8. What jewelry is missing from the DeGeorge's bodies?
(a) Their wedding rings.
(b) Their monitoring anklets.
(c) Matching wedding pins they both were wearing.
(d) Their expensive watches.
9. How close is Lindsay to her family?
(a) Incredibly close.
(b) She hates her family and is actually suing them.
(c) Not close at all.
(d) Close to some relatives.
10. Why does Lindsay drive back to San Francisco with Claire?
(a) So she can gossip about Raleigh.
(b) So she can tell her about her illness.
(c) So she can ask her questions about her psychologist.
(d) So she can finally get some sleep.
11. What does Lindsay promise to Melanie Brandt?
(a) That she herself will get married one day.
(b) That she will find her killer.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) That she will find her wedding ring.
12. What might have captured an image of the Voskuhls killer?
(a) The wedding photographer.
(b) Someone's cell phone.
(c) A video camera.
(d) A camera at a traffic light that catches red-light runners.
13. When the novel opens, who does Lindsay consider the most important person in her life?
(a) Her friend, Claire.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her priest, whom she also knew as a child.
14. What key factor connects the Voskuhls to the other murders Lindsay is investigating?
(a) The killer left a note, just like at the other murder scenes.
(b) Champagne was delivered to their room.
(c) The Voskuhls' wedding rings are missing.
(d) Kathy Voskuhls was killed in her wedding dress.
15. Where does the novel's first murder scene take place?
(a) The St. Francis.
(b) The Westin.
(c) The Grand Hyatt.
(d) The Ritz Carlton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing items is Jacobi trying to trace down for Lindsay?
2. What does Melanie Brandt's father do for a living?
3. What is Becky buying at Saks Fifth Avenue?
4. Who is Gerald Brandt?
5. What is David Brandt wearing when he is murdered?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)