|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Claire and Lindsay greet each other when they first meet in the novel?
(a) With screams of excitement.
(b) With coldness.
(c) With professionalism since they are, after all, at work.
(d) With a hug.
2. Who is Linday's original police partner?
3. Where is James when he is killed?
(a) Washing his hands.
(b) On the toilet.
(c) In his shower.
(d) In his bed.
4. What was the catalyst for Lindsay's depression?
(a) The divorce she is thinking of going through.
(b) The divorce of her parents.
(c) The bride and groom case.
(d) The death of her young son.
5. What does Lindsay thing about the Brandt and the DeGeorge murders?
(a) That Raleigh has something to do with them.
(b) That they are connected.
(c) That they are the last murders of a serial killer, not the first.
(d) That they are not connected.
6. Why does Cindy get to go to the Brandt murder scene?
(a) The two crime reporters are already busy.
(b) She knows someone at the hotel who called her directly.
(c) She requested it.
(d) It happens at night and no one else is in the office.
7. What is Cindy able to see of the crime scene before police ask her to leave?
(b) The groom's body.
(c) The entire thing.
(d) The bride, dead on the bed.
8. Who helps Becky while she is shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue?
(b) The clerk.
(d) A strange man.
9. Where does Cindy follow Lindsay the first time they meet?
(a) Into the ladies' room.
(b) Into the hotel kitchen.
(c) Into her police car.
(d) Into the hotel basement.
10. Where does Phillip Campbell stay for his out-of-town wedding?
(a) A hotel.
(b) His car.
(c) A houseboat.
(d) A friend's house.
11. Whom does Lindsay invite to join her and Claire for drinks after discussing the DeGeorges?
(b) Her doctor.
12. What is Becky buying at Saks Fifth Avenue?
(a) A small piece of jewelry for her mother.
(b) A business suit for a job interview.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A fur coat.
13. What does Lindsay do in a weak moment of frustration with the case and with her illness?
(a) Goes out and gets drunk.
(b) Runs a red light out of anger -- and gets in an accident.
(d) Yells at people in her office.
14. What is Melanie Brandt wearing when she is murdered?
(a) A hotel robe.
(b) A ball gown.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) A nightgown.
15. Where does the novel's first murder scene take place?
(a) The Ritz Carlton.
(b) The St. Francis.
(c) The Grand Hyatt.
(d) The Westin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first members of the Women's Murder Club?
2. Who does Lindsay request speaks to the groom's family?
3. What paper does Cindy Thomas work for?
4. What do the DeGeorges end up doing in the back seat?
5. What is Raleigh's marital status?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)