|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Melanie Brandt wearing when she is murdered?
(a) A hotel robe.
(b) A ball gown.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) A nightgown.
2. Who are the first members of the Women's Murder Club?
(a) Lindsay, Raleigh, and Jacobi.
(b) Claire, Cindy, and Lindsay.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Brandt, Lindsay, and Raleigh.
3. What romantic act do Raleigh and Lindsay do after a casual meal?
(b) Go horseback riding.
(c) Go sailing.
(d) Go wine tasting.
4. Why does Lindsay drive back to San Francisco with Claire?
(a) So she can ask her questions about her psychologist.
(b) So she can finally get some sleep.
(c) So she can gossip about Raleigh.
(d) So she can tell her about her illness.
5. Who does Lindsay first tell about her illness?
(d) Her psychologist.
6. What key items does Lindsay realize the killer took from the Brandt crime scene?
(a) The couple's wedding rings.
(b) The couple's wallets.
(c) The couple's champagne glasses.
(d) The couple's toothbrushes.
7. Why does Kathy join James in the bathroom.
(a) She thought it would be a funny surprise.
(b) They are meeting some friends in there.
(c) They are both sneaking away so they can elope.
(d) To smoke marijuana, too.
8. What does Claire report she has a sample of from the crime scene?
(b) A tooth.
9. When the novel opens, who does Lindsay consider the most important person in her life?
(a) Her friend, Claire.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her priest, whom she also knew as a child.
(d) Her sister.
10. What does Lindsay's doctor show her a slide of during her first appointment in the novel?
(a) A slide of her hair.
(b) A slide of her blood sample.
(c) A slide of her bone marrow.
(d) A slide of her skin sample.
11. What does Cindy give Lindsay the first time they talk?
(a) Her business card.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A black eye.
12. How close is Lindsay to her family?
(a) Close to some relatives.
(b) Incredibly close.
(c) She hates her family and is actually suing them.
(d) Not close at all.
13. What clothing items is Jacobi trying to trace down for Lindsay?
(a) The wedding dress Brandt was wearing when she was murdered.
(b) The tuxedo jacket found at the crime scene.
(c) A strange handkerchief left behind at the crime scene.
(d) A piece of lingerie that definitely was not Melanie Brandt's.
14. How does Cindy get into the hotel to see the Brandt murder scene?
(a) She sneaks in and no one sees her.
(b) She poses as a police officer.
(c) She pretends she is delivering flowers.
(d) She lies.
15. What does Lindsay have a bad dream about one night?
(a) Never getting married.
(b) The killer.
(c) Getting shot.
(d) Being buried alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay thing about the Brandt and the DeGeorge murders?
2. Why does Cindy get to go to the Brandt murder scene?
3. What is Becky buying at Saks Fifth Avenue?
4. What does Lindsay's doctor advise her to do when he gives her the diagnosis?
5. Who does Lindsay request speaks to the groom's family?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)