|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the killer leave the tuxedo jacket next to David Brendt's body?
(a) In a heap.
(b) Draped over David's face.
(c) Folded up.
(d) This is a trick question; there was no jacket at the murder scene.
2. When the novel opens, who does Lindsay consider the most important person in her life?
(a) Her friend, Claire.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her priest, whom she also knew as a child.
3. Who is Gerald Brandt?
(a) The bride's brother.
(b) The groom's son.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) The groom's father.
4. Where does Lindsay learn the DeGeorges have gone missing?
(a) San Diego.
(d) New York City.
5. Whom does Lindsay invite to join her and Claire for drinks after discussing the DeGeorges?
(b) Her doctor.
6. Who does Lindsay first tell about her illness?
(b) Her psychologist.
7. Where is James when he is killed?
(a) Washing his hands.
(b) In his bed.
(c) On the toilet.
(d) In his shower.
8. What is Lindsay diagnosed with?
(a) Negli's Aplastic Anemia.
(b) Breast cancer.
(c) Severe food allergies.
9. Who looks over the Voskuhl crime scene photos with Lindsay and Raleigh?
(a) The San Diego reporter who broke the story.
(b) The Cincinnati mayor.
(c) The Cleveland police detective.
(d) No one; they look at the photos by themselves.
10. Who is Linday's original police partner?
11. What does Lindsay have a bad dream about one night?
(a) Being buried alive.
(b) Never getting married.
(c) The killer.
(d) Getting shot.
12. What is David Brandt wearing when he is murdered?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A towel.
(c) A pair of jeans but no shirt.
(d) A bathing suit.
13. What kind of hotel suite are Melanie and David Brandt killed in?
(a) A suite on a cruise ship.
(b) A gambling suite.
(c) A honeymoon suite.
(d) A suite that is usually only used by staff.
14. What is Becky buying at Saks Fifth Avenue?
(a) A small piece of jewelry for her mother.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A business suit for a job interview.
15. What does Lindsay's doctor show her a slide of during her first appointment in the novel?
(a) A slide of her skin sample.
(b) A slide of her bone marrow.
(c) A slide of her hair.
(d) A slide of her blood sample.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay tell Cindy about the case the first time they talk on the phone?
2. How do Claire and Lindsay greet each other when they first meet in the novel?
3. How does Cindy get into the hotel to see the Brandt murder scene?
4. Who walks past the hotel where the Brandts have been murdered?
5. What does Claire report she has a sample of from the crime scene?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)