|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lindsay learn from CSU about fingerprints at the Brandt murder scene?
(a) That there were no prints of any use.
(b) That the only prints at the scene were Lindsay's.
(c) That they found two sets of usable prints.
(d) That they found one set of usable prints.
2. Who does Lindsay first tell about her illness?
(c) Her psychologist.
3. What was the catalyst for Lindsay's depression?
(a) The bride and groom case.
(b) The divorce she is thinking of going through.
(c) The death of her young son.
(d) The divorce of her parents.
4. Who looks over the Voskuhl crime scene photos with Lindsay and Raleigh?
(a) The Cincinnati mayor.
(b) The Cleveland police detective.
(c) No one; they look at the photos by themselves.
(d) The San Diego reporter who broke the story.
5. What does Lindsay tell Cindy about the case the first time they talk on the phone?
(a) All of the details -- off the record.
(b) No comment.
(c) She never talks to Cindy on the phone about the bride and groom case.
(d) All of the details -- on the record.
6. What does Lindsay have a bad dream about one night?
(a) The killer.
(b) Being buried alive.
(c) Getting shot.
(d) Never getting married.
7. Where does Lindsay learn the DeGeorges have gone missing?
(b) San Diego.
(d) New York City.
8. Why does Cindy get to go to the Brandt murder scene?
(a) She knows someone at the hotel who called her directly.
(b) She requested it.
(c) The two crime reporters are already busy.
(d) It happens at night and no one else is in the office.
9. Who is Lindsay's only family member?
10. Where are the DeGeorges bodies found?
(a) In a shed.
(b) In a basement.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) In a wine cellar.
11. Who is Linday's original police partner?
12. Whom does Lindsay invite to join her and Claire for drinks after discussing the DeGeorges?
(b) Her doctor.
13. When the novel opens, who does Lindsay consider the most important person in her life?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her priest, whom she also knew as a child.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her friend, Claire.
14. What kind of pet does Lindsay have?
(a) A dog.
(b) A fish.
(c) A cat.
(d) A hamster.
15. Where does the family of Karen Voskuhl live?
(a) San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lindsay's marital status when the novel opens?
2. What paper does Cindy Thomas work for?
3. What does Lindsay confess she is considering in the Prologue?
4. Where are Michael and Becky DeGeorge heading to dinner?
5. What is Cindy able to see of the crime scene before police ask her to leave?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)