|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cindy follow Lindsay the first time they meet?
(a) Into the hotel basement.
(b) Into the hotel kitchen.
(c) Into her police car.
(d) Into the ladies' room.
2. What key items does Lindsay realize the killer took from the Brandt crime scene?
(a) The couple's toothbrushes.
(b) The couple's wallets.
(c) The couple's wedding rings.
(d) The couple's champagne glasses.
3. What does Lindsay thing about the Brandt and the DeGeorge murders?
(a) That Raleigh has something to do with them.
(b) That they are not connected.
(c) That they are the last murders of a serial killer, not the first.
(d) That they are connected.
4. What paper does Cindy Thomas work for?
(a) The San Francisco Times.
(b) The Chronicle.
(c) The San Francisco Daily.
(d) She doesn't work for the paper, she writes for a news blog.
5. What does Claire report she has a sample of from the crime scene?
(b) A tooth.
6. How does Lindsay's boss feel about the press coverage of the bridge and groom case?
(a) He is unhappy with it.
(b) He is glad because it means he got his name in the paper.
(c) He could care less; he is really clueless about stuff like that.
(d) He is jealous that Lindsay got more mentions than he did.
7. Who is Linday's original police partner?
8. What does Lindsay do in a weak moment of frustration with the case and with her illness?
(a) Runs a red light out of anger -- and gets in an accident.
(c) Yells at people in her office.
(d) Goes out and gets drunk.
9. Where does Lindsay go jogging on a Sunday morning?
(a) Golden Gate Park.
(b) The Presidio.
(c) The Embarcadero.
(d) Marina Green.
10. Where does the limo driver pick up Michael and Becky DeGeorge?
(a) At the airport.
(b) Near their hotel.
(c) At their parents' house.
(d) On the side of the road.
11. What does Lindsay plan to do when she learns her cases are connected to the Voskuhl murders?
(a) Go see the Voskuhl crime scene.
(c) Talk to the FBI as soon as possible.
(d) Pretend she doesn't know this information.
12. What kind of hotel suite are Melanie and David Brandt killed in?
(a) A suite on a cruise ship.
(b) A gambling suite.
(c) A suite that is usually only used by staff.
(d) A honeymoon suite.
13. What does the limo driver encourage the DeGeorges to do?
(a) Start listening to the audio tour.
(b) Plug in their iPods.
(c) Enjoy the free wine that comes with the limo ride.
(d) Enjoy the privacy of the back seat.
14. How does Cindy learn so much about the DeGeorges?
(a) They are friends of her family.
(b) They are friends of hers.
(c) She does her own research.
(d) She follows Lindsay around.
15. What is Cindy able to see of the crime scene before police ask her to leave?
(a) The groom's body.
(c) The entire thing.
(d) The bride, dead on the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Phillip Campbell stay for his out-of-town wedding?
2. What meal does Raleigh invite himself to?
3. What was the catalyst for Lindsay's depression?
4. What romantic act do Raleigh and Lindsay do after a casual meal?
5. How do Claire and Lindsay greet each other when they first meet in the novel?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)