|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is the name of Agamemnon's wife?
Essay Topic 1
According to the information presented in the plays by Euripides, what is the difference between Sparta and Athens? Which does Euripides like better and how do you know this from reading the plays?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between Greeks and barbarians? Why is this difference important in the plays? Give at least three examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between justice and injustice as described in the plays? Cite three examples in support of your answer.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)