|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is the name of Agamemnon's wife?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the role of family in at least three plays.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Euripides mix tragedy and comedy in his plays? Support your answer with evidence from the plays.
Essay Topic 3
In "The Trojan Women", how does Euripides cast his emotions into the play? Provide three examples.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)