|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
3. "The Bacchants": How does Pentheus disguise himself to go view the rites on the hill?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
Short Essay Questions
1. "The Bacchants": After the stranger escapes from jail, what tale does the herdsman tell Pentheus?
2. "The Bacchants": Why does Dionysus plot against the Thebans?
3. "Electra": What is the plan the tutor and Orestes make to kill Aegisthus?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
5. "The Bacchants": What does Agave do after killing Pentheus?
6. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why does Iphigenia think human sacrifice is practiced in Taurus?
7. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is Iphigenia?
8. "The Bacchants": What does the stranger convince Pentheus to do after he hears the tale from the herdsman?
9. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why do the men capture Pylades and Orestes?
10. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra tell Hecuba after her prediction about Agamemnon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Trojan Women", how does Euripides cast his emotions into the play? Provide three examples.
Essay Topic 2
What is a chorus? How does Euripides use the chorus? Cite as many examples from the plays as you can in support of your position.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of myth for the Ancient Greeks? How does this role play a part in each play?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)