|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
2. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What are the Greek troops waiting for while sitting in port?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who spirited Iphigenia away from the sacrifice?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Electra": Why has Aegisthus married Electra to a peasant?
2. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra tell Hecuba after her prediction about Agamemnon?
3. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba enraged about being Odysseus's slave?
4. "Electra": When Electra meets her brother and thinks he is a messenger, what does she tell him?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why does Iphigenia think human sacrifice is practiced in Taurus?
6. "The Bacchants": Why has Pentheus jailed several of the bacchants?
7. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Why does Achilles vow to defend Iphigenia?
8. "Electra": What do Castor and Pollux tell Orestes and Electra?
9. "Electra": What is the plan the tutor and Orestes make to kill Aegisthus?
10. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra predict as the fate of Agamemnon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the Ancient Greeks think of the role of women? What are at least three examples that support your conclusions?
Essay Topic 2
In "The Trojan Women", how does Euripides cast his emotions into the play? Provide three examples.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the examples provided in the play, what is the distinction made between following the rules and averting tragedy? How is this related to the distinction between nature and convention?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)