|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": If Agamemnon calls off the sacrifice, who will do it?
2. "Trojan Women": What is the name of Andromache's young son?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
4. "Trojan Women": The Greeks have assembled the Trojan women who were spared death to become what?
5. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Agamemnon convince his daughter and wife to come to his camp?
2. "The Bacchants": What does Agave do after killing Pentheus?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What prophecy has Calchas made?
4. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra tell Hecuba after her prediction about Agamemnon?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is Iphigenia?
6. "The Bacchants": Why does Dionysus plot against the Thebans?
7. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
8. "Electra": Why does the king ask Orestes to kill the bull?
9. "Electra": What do Castor and Pollux tell Orestes and Electra?
10. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why do the men capture Pylades and Orestes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of myth for the Ancient Greeks? How does this role play a part in each play?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between justice and injustice as described in the plays? Cite three examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Euripides characterize the gods? Support your answer with at least three examples.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)