|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What do Tiresias and the king want to do at the bacchanal celebration?
2. "The Bacchants": What does Pentheus say are dancing in the countryside?
3. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
4. "The Bacchants": What is Pentheus's role?
5. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to get the blood from the cattle off themselves?
Essay Topic 1
In "The Trojan Women", how does Euripides cast his emotions into the play? Provide three examples.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of myth for the Ancient Greeks? How does this role play a part in each play?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Euripides mix tragedy and comedy in his plays? Support your answer with evidence from the plays.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)