Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is the name of Agamemnon's wife?
Essay Topic 1
Based on the examples provided in the play, what is the distinction made between following the rules and averting tragedy? How is this related to the distinction between nature and convention?
Essay Topic 2
What is a Deus ex Machina? How does Euripides use it?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the role of family in at least three plays.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)