|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's main characteristic?
2. "Electra": Who did Orestes and Pylades claim to be when the met the king?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who is Helen's Greek husband?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Iphigenia go to the altar?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Where does Agamemnon put his family when they arrive?
Essay Topic 1
What is the definition of a stranger, as described in the plays? What is the importance of a stranger? What evidence from the plays can you cite in support of your position?
Essay Topic 2
Medea says women are disadvantaged. Explain Medea's reasoning. Give 2 - 3 examples of women in Euripides other plays that meet, or do not meet, Medea's expectations of women.
Essay Topic 3
For the Ancient Greeks, is there a difference between love and lust? What evidence is presented in the plays to support your position?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)