|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": Who leads the attack on Pentheus?
2. "Electra": Where is Orestes going to be tried and acquitted?
3. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
4. "The Bacchants": What kind of wreaths do the followers of Dionysus wear?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Electra": Why has the peasant not slept with Electra?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why does Iphigenia think human sacrifice is practiced in Taurus?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Agamemnon convince his daughter and wife to come to his camp?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why do the men capture Pylades and Orestes?
5. "Electra": What is the plan the tutor and Orestes make to kill Aegisthus?
6. "Iphigenia among Taurians": How does Iphigenia get the idol to the ship?
7. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What prophecy has Calchas made?
8. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What happens when Iphigenia is sacrificed?
9. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra predict as the fate of Agamemnon?
10. "The Bacchants": Why has Pentheus jailed several of the bacchants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Trojan Women", how does Euripides cast his emotions into the play? Provide three examples.
Essay Topic 2
What do the Ancient Greeks think of the role of women? What are at least three examples that support your conclusions?
Essay Topic 3
How does Euripides characterize the gods? Support your answer with at least three examples.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)