|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": What happens to the citadel when Hecuba is done burying her grandson?
2. "Electra": Who is Orestes' father?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What did Agamemnon do that upsets Achilles?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis" begins with a speech that has been what?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why do the men capture Pylades and Orestes?
2. "Electra": Why does the king ask Orestes to kill the bull?
3. "The Bacchants": What does Agave do after killing Pentheus?
4. "Electra": When Electra meets her brother and thinks he is a messenger, what does she tell him?
5. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba upset about Agamemnon taking Cassandra?
6. "The Bacchants": What does the stranger convince Pentheus to do after he hears the tale from the herdsman?
7. What are the first spoken lines in "Iphigenia at Aulis"?
8. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
9. "Trojan Women": Why has Athena decided to attack her former allies?
10. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why does Iphigenia think human sacrifice is practiced in Taurus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Euripides mix tragedy and comedy in his plays? Support your answer with evidence from the plays.
Essay Topic 2
How does Euripides characterize the gods? Support your answer with at least three examples.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the role of family in at least three plays.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)