|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
2. "The Bacchants": What do Tiresias and the king want to do at the bacchanal celebration?
3. "Electra": How is Electra going to lure her mother out to her house?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What history does Agamemnon discuss at the beginning of the play?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Trojan Women", how does Euripides cast his emotions into the play? Provide three examples.
Essay Topic 2
Does Euripides believe roles in society are established by convention or by nature? What are three examples from plays that support your answer?
Essay Topic 3
What is the definition of a stranger, as described in the plays? What is the importance of a stranger? What evidence from the plays can you cite in support of your position?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)