|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": Who has not respected his Bacchic rites?
2. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
3. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to rip apart the cattle?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
5. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to get the blood from the cattle off themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Why does Agamemnon try to tell his daughter not to come to the camp?
2. "The Bacchants": Why has Pentheus jailed several of the bacchants?
3. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
4. "The Bacchants": After the stranger escapes from jail, what tale does the herdsman tell Pentheus?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is Iphigenia?
6. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why do the men capture Pylades and Orestes?
7. "Trojan Women": Why has Athena decided to attack her former allies?
8. "The Bacchants": What does Agave do after killing Pentheus?
9. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Agamemnon convince his daughter and wife to come to his camp?
10. What are the first spoken lines in "Iphigenia at Aulis"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between justice and injustice as described in the plays? Cite three examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
According to the information presented in the plays by Euripides, what is the difference between Sparta and Athens? Which does Euripides like better and how do you know this from reading the plays?
Essay Topic 3
What is a Deus ex Machina? How does Euripides use it?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)