|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Iphigenia go to the altar?
2. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is the name of Agamemnon's wife?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Where does Agamemnon put his family when they arrive?
5. "Trojan Women": What is Poseidon the god of?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of myth for the Ancient Greeks? How does this role play a part in each play?
Essay Topic 2
How do the emotions of anger, greed, and resentment motivate the characters in Euripides' plays? Give at least two examples of each emotion as motivation from different plays.
Essay Topic 3
What is a chorus? How does Euripides use the chorus? Cite as many examples from the plays as you can in support of your position.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)