Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is the name of Agamemnon's wife?
Does Euripides believe roles in society are established by convention or by nature? What are three examples from plays that support your answer?
What is a Deus ex Machina? How does Euripides use it?
What are three types of irony and how does Euripides use them in his plays? Give at least one example for each type of irony.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)