|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": What is the name of Andromache's young son?
2. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to get the blood from the cattle off themselves?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What rank does Iphigenia hold as a priestess?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For the Ancient Greeks, is there a difference between love and lust? What evidence is presented in the plays to support your position?
Essay Topic 2
How do the emotions of anger, greed, and resentment motivate the characters in Euripides' plays? Give at least two examples of each emotion as motivation from different plays.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between Greeks and barbarians? Why is this difference important in the plays? Give at least three examples in support of your answer.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)