|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who does Agamemnon claim will rise up against him if he does not sacrifice Iphigenia?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) The gods.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Fates.
2. "Electra": Who tells Orestes and Electra what the future has in store for them?
(a) The gods.
(b) The oracle.
(c) Castor and Pollux.
(d) Callun and Pyres.
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
5. "The Bacchants": Who has not respected his Bacchic rites?
(a) The Thebans.
(b) The Corinthians.
(c) The Dorians.
(d) The Athenians.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What kind of wreaths do the followers of Dionysus wear?
2. "The Bacchants": What does Pentheus say are dancing in the countryside?
3. "Electra":, Why has Electra's husband not slept with her?
4. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to rip apart the cattle?
5. "Electra": How is Electra going to lure her mother out to her house?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)