|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What history does Agamemnon discuss at the beginning of the play?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The war.
(c) His world.
(d) His family and events.
2. "Electra": Who did Orestes and Pylades claim to be when the met the king?
3. "The Bacchants": Who leads the attack on Pentheus?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells the king of Iphigenia's deceit?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A herdsman.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A sailor.
5. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
(a) When they return to Rome.
(b) He will not kill her.
(c) When they leave Troy.
(d) When they return to Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
2. "Trojan Women": What happens to the citadel when Hecuba is done burying her grandson?
3. "Trojan Women": To whom is Helen married?
4. "The Bacchants": Dionysus's father is Zeus. Whom is his mother?
5. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's main characteristic?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba tell Menelaus?
2. "The Bacchants": Why has Pentheus jailed several of the bacchants?
3. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba enraged about being Odysseus's slave?
4. "The Bacchants": Why does Dionysus plot against the Thebans?
5. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
6. "The Bacchants": What does Agave do after killing Pentheus?
7. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why does Iphigenia think human sacrifice is practiced in Taurus?
8. "The Bacchants": What does the stranger convince Pentheus to do after he hears the tale from the herdsman?
9. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Agamemnon convince his daughter and wife to come to his camp?
10. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why do the men capture Pylades and Orestes?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)