|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Hecuba go?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": If Agamemnon calls off the sacrifice, who will do it?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
4. "The Bacchants": How does Pentheus disguise himself to go view the rites on the hill?
(a) As a shepherd.
(b) As a commoner.
(c) As a woman.
(d) As a herdsman.
5. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Run him over with horses.
(b) Behead him.
(c) Stone him.
(d) Throw him from the battlements.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
2. "The Bacchants": What is Pentheus's role?
3. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to rip apart the cattle?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who spirited Iphigenia away from the sacrifice?
5. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Electra": What is the plan the tutor and Orestes make to kill Aegisthus?
2. "The Bacchants": After the stranger escapes from jail, what tale does the herdsman tell Pentheus?
3. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba upset about Agamemnon taking Cassandra?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What happens when Iphigenia is sacrificed?
5. "Electra": Why does the king ask Orestes to kill the bull?
6. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Why does Agamemnon try to tell his daughter not to come to the camp?
7. "The Bacchants": What does the stranger convince Pentheus to do after he hears the tale from the herdsman?
8. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why does Iphigenia think human sacrifice is practiced in Taurus?
9. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
10. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra predict as the fate of Agamemnon?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)