|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Bacchants": In the jail, whom does Pentheus question when the women have escaped?
(a) A male stranger.
(b) The jailer.
(c) The army.
(d) His father.
2. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": In Iphigenia's dream, what do Orestes and Pylades try to take from the temple?
(a) The sacrifices.
(b) The idol.
(c) The priestesses.
(d) The gifts.
4. "The Bacchants": Dionysus's father is Zeus. Whom is his mother?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What did Agamemnon do that upsets Achilles?
(a) Lied to his daughter.
(b) Took the sacrifice away.
(c) Used his name without permission.
(d) Promised he would be married.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": Who is Orestes' father?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells the king of Iphigenia's deceit?
3. "Electra": What does Orestes do as his mother comes to Electra's house?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
5. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Hecuba go?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Electra": What do Castor and Pollux tell Orestes and Electra?
2. "The Bacchants": What does the stranger convince Pentheus to do after he hears the tale from the herdsman?
3. "Electra": Why does the king ask Orestes to kill the bull?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
5. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra predict as the fate of Agamemnon?
6. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why does Iphigenia think human sacrifice is practiced in Taurus?
7. "Trojan Women": Why has Athena decided to attack her former allies?
8. "Electra": When Electra meets her brother and thinks he is a messenger, what does she tell him?
9. What are the first spoken lines in "Iphigenia at Aulis"?
10. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why do the men capture Pylades and Orestes?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)