|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
(a) The gods.
(c) Social justice.
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
3. "The Bacchants": What is Pentheus's role?
(a) King of Macedonia.
(b) King of Sparta.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) King of Declean.
4. "The Bacchants": What do Tiresias and the king want to do at the bacchanal celebration?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is Iphigenia doing while pleading with Agamemnon not to sacrifice her?
(a) She is not pleading.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": Whom did Electra's mother help to kill?
2. "Electra": Where is Orestes going to be tried and acquitted?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who is Helen's Greek husband?
4. "Electra": When did Orestes and his friend Pylades flee from Aegisthus?
5. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to rip apart the cattle?
Short Essay Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
2. What are the first spoken lines in "Iphigenia at Aulis"?
3. "The Bacchants": Why does Dionysus plot against the Thebans?
4. "The Bacchants": What does the stranger convince Pentheus to do after he hears the tale from the herdsman?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": How does Iphigenia get the idol to the ship?
6. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What dream does Iphigenia have at the beginning of the play?
7. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba tell Menelaus?
8. "The Bacchants": What does Agave do after killing Pentheus?
9. "Electra": Why has the peasant not slept with Electra?
10. "Electra": Why does the king ask Orestes to kill the bull?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)