|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Bacchants": Who has not respected his Bacchic rites?
(a) The Corinthians.
(b) The Thebans.
(c) The Dorians.
(d) The Athenians.
2. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
(a) His old manservant.
(b) His old bodyguard.
(c) His old tutor.
(d) His old retainer.
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis" begins with a speech that has been what?
(d) Never performed.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
(a) To worship with it.
(b) For secret rites.
(c) To cleanse it.
(d) To shine it.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) The Erinyes.
(c) The Riacans.
(d) The Descpartians.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": Whom did Electra's mother help to kill?
2. "Electra": Who tells Orestes and Electra what the future has in store for them?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What history does Agamemnon discuss at the beginning of the play?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": If Agamemnon calls off the sacrifice, who will do it?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Agamemnon convince his daughter and wife to come to his camp?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
3. "The Bacchants": Why does Dionysus plot against the Thebans?
4. "Electra": Why has Aegisthus married Electra to a peasant?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Why does Agamemnon try to tell his daughter not to come to the camp?
6. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra tell Hecuba after her prediction about Agamemnon?
7. "Electra": What is the plan the tutor and Orestes make to kill Aegisthus?
8. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
9. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is Iphigenia?
10. "Iphigenia among Taurians": How does Iphigenia get the idol to the ship?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)