|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
(a) The gods.
(c) Social justice.
2. "Electra": What does Orestes do as his mother comes to Electra's house?
(a) Runs away.
(c) Stands next to Electra.
3. "The Bacchants": How does Pentheus disguise himself to go view the rites on the hill?
(a) As a herdsman.
(b) As a commoner.
(c) As a woman.
(d) As a shepherd.
4. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
(a) A servant.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A guard.
5. "The Bacchants": What does Pentheus say are dancing in the countryside?
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's job?
2. "The Bacchants": When Pentheus is told not to blaspheme the gods, what emotion does he feel?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who stole Helen?
4. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba bury with her grandson?
5. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What happens when Iphigenia is sacrificed?
3. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
4. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba tell Menelaus?
5. "Electra": When Electra meets her brother and thinks he is a messenger, what does she tell him?
6. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Why does Achilles vow to defend Iphigenia?
7. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra tell Hecuba after her prediction about Agamemnon?
8. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba enraged about being Odysseus's slave?
9. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why do the men capture Pylades and Orestes?
10. "The Bacchants": Why does Dionysus plot against the Thebans?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)