|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) His throne.
(b) Noble children.
(c) A good life.
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What rank does Iphigenia hold as a priestess?
(a) Under priestess.
(b) Head priestess.
(c) Servant priestess.
(d) Novice priestess.
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What are the Greek troops waiting for while sitting in port?
(a) Low tide.
(c) A good omen.
(d) A leader.
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": The prophet has said that the lack of wind is the work of what goddess?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
(a) The Riacans.
(b) The Erinyes.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Descpartians.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What is the clothing of followers of Dionysus?
2. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba bury with her grandson?
3. "Electra": Where is Orestes going to be tried and acquitted?
4. "Trojan Women": What happens to the citadel when Hecuba is done burying her grandson?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Why does Achilles vow to defend Iphigenia?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
3. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
4. "Electra": What is the plan the tutor and Orestes make to kill Aegisthus?
5. "The Bacchants": Why has Pentheus jailed several of the bacchants?
6. "The Bacchants": What does the stranger convince Pentheus to do after he hears the tale from the herdsman?
7. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba enraged about being Odysseus's slave?
8. "The Bacchants": What does Agave do after killing Pentheus?
9. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What happens when Iphigenia is sacrificed?
10. "Electra": Why has Aegisthus married Electra to a peasant?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)