|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
3. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
5. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
(b) A sign he made a sacrifice.
(d) Reading his fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": Whom did Electra's mother help to kill?
2. "The Bacchants": What tells the women to burn down the house of Pentheus?
3. "Trojan Women": What activities are heard during the opening scene?
4. "Electra":, Why has Electra's husband not slept with her?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Iphigenia go to the altar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first spoken lines in "Iphigenia at Aulis"?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What dream does Iphigenia have at the beginning of the play?
3. "The Bacchants": Why has Pentheus jailed several of the bacchants?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": How does Iphigenia get the idol to the ship?
5. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba upset about Agamemnon taking Cassandra?
6. "Electra": What do Castor and Pollux tell Orestes and Electra?
7. "Electra": Why has the peasant not slept with Electra?
8. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
9. "Electra": Why has Aegisthus married Electra to a peasant?
10. "The Bacchants": What does Agave do after killing Pentheus?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)