|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Bacchants": Dionysus's father is Zeus. Whom is his mother?
2. "Trojan Women": What happens to the citadel when Hecuba is done burying her grandson?
(a) It goes up in flames.
(b) It collapses.
(c) It stops burning.
3. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is the name of Agamemnon's wife?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who stole Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Whom does Agamemnon need to sacrifice?
2. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
3. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to get the blood from the cattle off themselves?
4. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
5. "The Bacchants": What does Pentheus say are dancing in the countryside?
Short Essay Questions
1. "The Bacchants": After the stranger escapes from jail, what tale does the herdsman tell Pentheus?
2. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
3. "The Bacchants": Why does Dionysus plot against the Thebans?
4. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba upset about Agamemnon taking Cassandra?
5. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba tell Menelaus?
6. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
7. "The Bacchants": What does Agave do after killing Pentheus?
8. "The Bacchants": Why has Pentheus jailed several of the bacchants?
9. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What dream does Iphigenia have at the beginning of the play?
10. "Trojan Women": Why has Athena decided to attack her former allies?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)