|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
2. "The Bacchants": When Pentheus is told not to blaspheme the gods, what emotion does he feel?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who is Helen's Greek husband?
4. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) His throne.
(c) Noble children.
(d) A good life.
5. "Electra": Where is Orestes going to be tried and acquitted?
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": Under whose rule did the people not respected the Bacchic rites?
2. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
3. "The Bacchants": What do Tiresias and the king want to do at the bacchanal celebration?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
5. "Trojan Women": The Greeks have assembled the Trojan women who were spared death to become what?
Short Essay Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
2. "The Bacchants": Why has Pentheus jailed several of the bacchants?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What prophecy has Calchas made?
4. "The Bacchants": What does Agave do after killing Pentheus?
5. "Trojan Women": Why has Athena decided to attack her former allies?
6. "The Bacchants": After the stranger escapes from jail, what tale does the herdsman tell Pentheus?
7. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why does Iphigenia think human sacrifice is practiced in Taurus?
8. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra tell Hecuba after her prediction about Agamemnon?
9. "Electra": What is the plan the tutor and Orestes make to kill Aegisthus?
10. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Agamemnon convince his daughter and wife to come to his camp?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)