|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
2. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
(a) A sign he made a sacrifice.
(b) Reading his fortune.
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Whom does Agamemnon need to sacrifice?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His wife.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": In Iphigenia's dream, what do Orestes and Pylades try to take from the temple?
(a) The sacrifices.
(b) The priestesses.
(c) The gifts.
(d) The idol.
5. "The Bacchants": What is the name of the special staff that followers of Dionysus carry?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
2. "Electra": Electra begins with the speech of a peasant from where?
3. "Electra": What does Orestes do as his mother comes to Electra's house?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
5. "The Bacchants": What is Pentheus's role?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why does Iphigenia think human sacrifice is practiced in Taurus?
2. "Electra": Why has the peasant not slept with Electra?
3. What are the first spoken lines in "Iphigenia at Aulis"?
4. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
5. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba enraged about being Odysseus's slave?
6. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What prophecy has Calchas made?
7. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Why does Agamemnon try to tell his daughter not to come to the camp?
8. "Iphigenia among Taurians": How does Iphigenia get the idol to the ship?
9. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Why does Achilles vow to defend Iphigenia?
10. "Electra": What do Castor and Pollux tell Orestes and Electra?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)