|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What did Agamemnon do that upsets Achilles?
(a) Used his name without permission.
(b) Took the sacrifice away.
(c) Promised he would be married.
(d) Lied to his daughter.
2. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
(c) Social justice.
(d) The gods.
3. "Trojan Women": To what does Cassandra say she will be thrown to after being killed?
(a) The monsters.
(b) The gods.
(c) The sea.
(d) The beasts.
4. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
(a) A guard.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A servant.
5. "The Bacchants": Who has not respected his Bacchic rites?
(a) The Corinthians.
(b) The Thebans.
(c) The Athenians.
(d) The Dorians.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
2. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
3. "The Bacchants": What is the clothing of followers of Dionysus?
4. "Electra": Where does Orestes plans to ambush the king?
5. "The Bacchants": When Pentheus is told not to blaspheme the gods, what emotion does he feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What does Agave do after killing Pentheus?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What prophecy has Calchas made?
3. "Electra": Why does the king ask Orestes to kill the bull?
4. "Electra": What do Castor and Pollux tell Orestes and Electra?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": How does Iphigenia get the idol to the ship?
6. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is Iphigenia?
7. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What dream does Iphigenia have at the beginning of the play?
8. "Electra": Why has Aegisthus married Electra to a peasant?
9. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba tell Menelaus?
10. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)