|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": To whom is Helen married?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
(a) To worship with it.
(b) For secret rites.
(c) To shine it.
(d) To cleanse it.
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
(a) Raise her status.
(b) Gain access to riches.
(c) See her father.
4. "Electra": Electra begins with the speech of a peasant from where?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis" begins with a speech that has been what?
3. "Electra": Where is Orestes going to be tried and acquitted?
4. "Electra": The king has heard that Thessalians are master butchers of what?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": How does Iphigenia get the idol to the ship?
2. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba upset about Agamemnon taking Cassandra?
3. What are the first spoken lines in "Iphigenia at Aulis"?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Why does Achilles vow to defend Iphigenia?
6. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Agamemnon convince his daughter and wife to come to his camp?
7. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is Iphigenia?
8. "Electra": Why does the king ask Orestes to kill the bull?
9. "The Bacchants": Why has Pentheus jailed several of the bacchants?
10. "The Bacchants": What does the stranger convince Pentheus to do after he hears the tale from the herdsman?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)