|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A guard.
(d) A servant.
2. "Electra": Where is Orestes going to be tried and acquitted?
3. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
4. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
(a) A sign he made a sacrifice.
(b) Reading his fortune.
5. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's main characteristic?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
2. "The Bacchants": Under whose rule did the people not respected the Bacchic rites?
3. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to get the blood from the cattle off themselves?
4. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
5. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba tell Menelaus?
2. "Electra": What do Castor and Pollux tell Orestes and Electra?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why does Iphigenia think human sacrifice is practiced in Taurus?
4. "The Bacchants": What does the stranger convince Pentheus to do after he hears the tale from the herdsman?
5. "The Bacchants": Why does Dionysus plot against the Thebans?
6. "Electra": Why has the peasant not slept with Electra?
7. "Electra": Why has Aegisthus married Electra to a peasant?
8. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Agamemnon convince his daughter and wife to come to his camp?
9. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why do the men capture Pylades and Orestes?
10. What are the first spoken lines in "Iphigenia at Aulis"?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)