|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is the name of Agamemnon's wife?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells Iphigenia that there are two strangers in their land?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who is Helen's Greek husband?
4. "Electra": The king has heard that Thessalians are master butchers of what?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Once they are on the ship, what does the sea do?
(a) Swallows the ship.
(b) Swallows the passengers.
(c) Captures Iphigenia.
(d) Kills Orestes.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Iphigenia go to the altar?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is Iphigenia doing while pleading with Agamemnon not to sacrifice her?
3. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
4. "Electra": Electra begins with the speech of a peasant from where?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Where does Agamemnon put his family when they arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What dream does Iphigenia have at the beginning of the play?
2. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
3. What are the first spoken lines in "Iphigenia at Aulis"?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What happens when Iphigenia is sacrificed?
5. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba upset about Agamemnon taking Cassandra?
6. "Electra": What do Castor and Pollux tell Orestes and Electra?
7. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba enraged about being Odysseus's slave?
8. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba tell Menelaus?
9. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Why does Achilles vow to defend Iphigenia?
10. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What prophecy has Calchas made?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)