|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What kind of wreaths do the followers of Dionysus wear?
(a) Olive branch.
2. "Electra": Where is Orestes going to be tried and acquitted?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": When the priest was about to slit Iphigenia's throat, what appeared in her place?
(a) A fawn.
(b) A cow.
(c) A goat.
(d) A sheep.
5. "Electra": When did Orestes and his friend Pylades flee from Aegisthus?
(a) A few moons ago.
(b) A season ago.
(c) Long ago.
(d) A short time ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
2. "The Bacchants": Who has not respected his Bacchic rites?
3. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
5. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba bury with her grandson?
Short Essay Questions
1. "The Bacchants": After the stranger escapes from jail, what tale does the herdsman tell Pentheus?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why does Iphigenia think human sacrifice is practiced in Taurus?
3. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra predict as the fate of Agamemnon?
4. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Agamemnon convince his daughter and wife to come to his camp?
6. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
7. "Electra": What is the plan the tutor and Orestes make to kill Aegisthus?
8. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What happens when Iphigenia is sacrificed?
9. "The Bacchants": Why has Pentheus jailed several of the bacchants?
10. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Why does Achilles vow to defend Iphigenia?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)