|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is Iphigenia doing while pleading with Agamemnon not to sacrifice her?
(a) She is not pleading.
2. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba bury with her grandson?
(a) Hector's armor.
(b) Hector's sword.
(c) Hector's helmet.
(d) Hector's shield.
3. "Electra": Who tells Orestes and Electra what the future has in store for them?
(a) The oracle.
(b) Callun and Pyres.
(c) The gods.
(d) Castor and Pollux.
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What are the Greek troops waiting for while sitting in port?
(a) A good omen.
(b) A leader.
(c) Low tide.
5. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
(a) When they return to Rome.
(b) When they return to Greece.
(c) When they leave Troy.
(d) He will not kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What does Agamemnon give to the servant to take to his family?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who does Agamemnon claim will rise up against him if he does not sacrifice Iphigenia?
3. "Electra": Where is Orestes going to be tried and acquitted?
4. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
5. "Trojan Women": What is Poseidon the god of?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Electra": What do Castor and Pollux tell Orestes and Electra?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": How does Iphigenia get the idol to the ship?
3. "The Bacchants": After the stranger escapes from jail, what tale does the herdsman tell Pentheus?
4. "The Bacchants": What do Cadmus and Tiresias discuss on their way to the bacchanal celebration?
5. "Electra": When Electra meets her brother and thinks he is a messenger, what does she tell him?
6. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
7. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba tell Menelaus?
8. "Electra": What is the plan the tutor and Orestes make to kill Aegisthus?
9. "The Bacchants": What does the stranger convince Pentheus to do after he hears the tale from the herdsman?
10. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba upset about Agamemnon taking Cassandra?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)