|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What does Agamemnon give to the servant to take to his family?
(a) A letter.
(c) His riches.
(d) His robe.
2. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
(a) Reading his fortune.
(d) A sign he made a sacrifice.
3. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
(a) When they return to Rome.
(b) When they return to Greece.
(c) When they leave Troy.
(d) He will not kill her.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells the king of Iphigenia's deceit?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A herdsman.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A sailor.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": In Iphigenia's dream, what do Orestes and Pylades try to take from the temple?
(a) The gifts.
(b) The idol.
(c) The sacrifices.
(d) The priestesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Iphigenia go to the altar?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What history does Agamemnon discuss at the beginning of the play?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who is Helen's Greek husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What dream does Iphigenia have at the beginning of the play?
2. "Electra": Why does the king ask Orestes to kill the bull?
3. "Electra": Why has Aegisthus married Electra to a peasant?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why do the men capture Pylades and Orestes?
5. "Trojan Women": Why has Athena decided to attack her former allies?
6. What are the first spoken lines in "Iphigenia at Aulis"?
7. "The Bacchants": Why has Pentheus jailed several of the bacchants?
8. "The Bacchants": Why does Dionysus plot against the Thebans?
9. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
10. "Electra": What is the plan the tutor and Orestes make to kill Aegisthus?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)