|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
(a) The priestess.
2. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can get to Jason.
(b) How he can kill Creon.
(c) How he can live as a king.
(d) How he can get children.
3. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(a) Committing suicide.
4. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) The servant.
(b) The handmaiden.
(c) The slave.
(d) The retainer.
5. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
2. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
3. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
4. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
5. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Ion": What happens to Creusa before the play begins?
2. "Andromache": When Menelaus betrays Andromache when she leaves the shrine, what does she do?
3. "Ion": How does Ion come to the temple of Apollo?
4. "Medea": Why did Jason and Medea travel to Corinth?
5. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite raging against in her speech at the beginning of the play?
6. "Andromache": What does Menelaus claim when he comes to the shrine?
7. "Andromache": Who is Andromache?
8. "Ion": How does Ion respond when Creusa says that the gods may be to blame for their troubles?
9. "Medea": What does Aegeus swear to Medea that he will do?
10. "Medea": Why does Medea think that Jason will eventually pay for his actions?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)