|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To say goodbye to Jason.
(b) To put her affairs in order.
(c) To help her sons adjust.
(d) To gather her things.
2. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
3. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(a) The Fates.
4. "Ion": Apollo orders Hermes to go to Athens. Where is he to bring the baby boy?
(a) To Corinth.
(b) To Sparta.
(c) To Damascus.
(d) To Delphi.
5. "Andromache": Of what place is Menelaus king?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
2. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
3. "Ion": Who tells Creusa that she will never have a child with Xuthus?
4. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
5. "Ion": What does Xuthus do before seeing the oracle?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Andromache": When Menelaus betrays Andromache when she leaves the shrine, what does she do?
2. "Hippolytus": What does the nurse tell Phaedra that love is dependent on?
3. "Ion": What happens to Creusa before the play begins?
4. "Hippolytus": How was Hippolytus killed?
5. "Medea": What does Aegeus swear to Medea that he will do?
6. "Andromache": Who is Andromache?
7. "Medea": Why does Medea think that Jason will eventually pay for his actions?
8. "Medea": What does the nurse learn while gossiping with the tutor?
9. "Alcestis": What is Pheres' claim about why he did not want to die?
10. "Alcestis": What is the argument between Apollo and Death about at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)