Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(c) The sea.
2. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is not her own.
(b) That it is impossible.
(c) That it is shameful.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
3. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(a) Committing suicide.
4. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's grandson.
(b) Phaedra's stepson.
(c) Phaedra's uncle.
(d) Phaedra's nephew.
5. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
(a) At the house.
(b) On the road.
(c) At the temple.
(d) At the cliffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
2. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
3. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
4. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
5. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba upset about Agamemnon taking Cassandra?
2. "Electra": Why has the peasant not slept with Electra?
3. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba enraged about being Odysseus's slave?
4. "Andromache": Who is Andromache?
5. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba tell Menelaus?
6. "Medea": Why does Medea think that Jason will eventually pay for his actions?
7. "Ion": How does Ion come to the temple of Apollo?
8. "The Bacchants": Why has Pentheus jailed several of the bacchants?
9. "Ion": What makes Ion believe that Creusa is his mother?
10. "The Bacchants": What does Agave do after killing Pentheus?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)