|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His grandson.
2. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
(b) She does not want to live anymore.
(c) She does not want her husband to die.
(d) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
3. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
4. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
5. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(a) Committing suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
2. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
3. "Andromache": Who is Hermione?
4. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
5. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Hippolytus": How was Hippolytus killed?
2. "Electra": Why has the peasant not slept with Electra?
3. "Alcestis": What does the handmaiden think of Alcestis?
4. "Ion": How does Ion respond when Creusa says that the gods may be to blame for their troubles?
5. "Andromache": When Menelaus refuses to give Andromache up, what does Peleus say?
6. "Electra": Why does the king ask Orestes to kill the bull?
7. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is Iphigenia?
8. "Medea": What does the nurse learn while gossiping with the tutor?
9. "Medea": Why did Jason and Medea travel to Corinth?
10. "Electra": What is the plan the tutor and Orestes make to kill Aegisthus?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)