|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Where does the goddess tell Peleus to bury Neoptolemos?
(a) The riverside.
2. "Ion": How is Creusa supposed to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) With a sword.
(b) With an accident.
(c) With a horse.
(d) With poison.
3. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
4. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
(a) As a wise man.
(b) As a strong man.
(c) As a young man.
(d) As an old man.
5. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
(a) He will not build her a temple.
(b) He will not talk to her.
(c) He will not love her.
(d) He will not worship her.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": What condition do Xuthus and Creusa travel to the oracle to cure?
2. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
3. "Andromache": Of what place is Menelaus king?
4. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
5. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Andromache": Why does Andromache bemoan Apollo's actions?
2. "Alcestis": Why does Alcestis claim she is dying for her husband?
3. "Andromache": What does Menelaus claim when he comes to the shrine?
4. "Ion": What happens to Creusa before the play begins?
5. "Andromache": Who is Andromache?
6. "Alcestis": What is the argument between Apollo and Death about at the beginning of the play?
7. "Medea": What does Aegeus swear to Medea that he will do?
8. "Ion": What does the oracle tell Xuthus?
9. "Ion": How does Ion respond when Creusa says that the gods may be to blame for their troubles?
10. "Andromache": Why is Andromache taking refuge in the shrine of Thetis?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)