|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(a) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
2. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
3. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
4. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
5. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
(a) The butler.
(b) The cook.
(c) The tutor.
(d) The manservant.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
2. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
3. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
4. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
5. "Ion": What condition do Xuthus and Creusa travel to the oracle to cure?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the argument between Apollo and Death about at the beginning of the play?
2. "Alcestis": What does the handmaiden think of Alcestis?
3. "Ion": What makes Ion believe that Creusa is his mother?
4. "Alcestis": What labor is Heracles on his way to perform?
5. "Andromache": When Menelaus refuses to give Andromache up, what does Peleus say?
6. "Medea": What does Aegeus swear to Medea that he will do?
7. "Andromache": What does Menelaus claim when he comes to the shrine?
8. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite raging against in her speech at the beginning of the play?
9. "Andromache": Who is Andromache?
10. "Hippolytus": What does the nurse tell Phaedra that love is dependent on?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)