|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(a) Committing suicide.
2. "Ion": How is Creusa supposed to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) With an accident.
(b) With a horse.
(c) With a sword.
(d) With poison.
3. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The cook.
(b) The butler.
(c) The handmaiden.
(d) The gardener.
4. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
5. "Andromache": Which god does Andromache blame for her current troubles?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
2. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
3. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
4. "Andromache": Who is Hermione?
5. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Medea": In what case are women deadly according to Medea?
2. "Medea": Why does Medea think that Jason will eventually pay for his actions?
3. "Andromache": When Menelaus refuses to give Andromache up, what does Peleus say?
4. "Ion": What does the oracle tell Xuthus?
5. "Ion": How does Ion come to the temple of Apollo?
6. "Alcestis": What labor is Heracles on his way to perform?
7. "Medea": What does Aegeus swear to Medea that he will do?
8. "Hippolytus": What tactic does Aphrodite use to begin her plot of revenge?
9. "Medea": Describe Medea.
10. "Andromache": Why does Andromache bemoan Apollo's actions?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)