|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Which god does Andromache blame for her current troubles?
2. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
(a) A basket.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A bassinet.
(d) An ark.
3. "Andromache": Who is the son Peleus had with a goddess?
4. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A river.
(c) A beach.
(d) A cave.
5. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(b) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
(c) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
(d) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": What does Xuthus do before seeing the oracle?
2. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
3. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
4. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
5. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Ion": What does the oracle tell Xuthus?
2. "Medea": What does the nurse learn while gossiping with the tutor?
3. "Medea": Why did Jason and Medea travel to Corinth?
4. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite raging against in her speech at the beginning of the play?
5. "Hippolytus": Why does Phaedra think it is better to commit suicide than to do wrong?
6. "Medea": What does Aegeus swear to Medea that he will do?
7. "Medea": In what case are women deadly according to Medea?
8. "Andromache": What does Menelaus claim when he comes to the shrine?
9. "Hippolytus": How was Hippolytus killed?
10. "Alcestis": What is Pheres' claim about why he did not want to die?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)