|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
2. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(a) Hire a nanny.
(b) Leave the children.
(d) Go mad.
3. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) Love for his sons.
(b) A place to go.
(c) A home and money.
(d) A father for his sons.
4. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Virginity and chastity.
(b) Animals and children.
(c) Hope and wisdom.
(d) Food and prosperity.
5. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
2. "Medea": Who is Medea?
3. "Andromache": Who is Hermione?
4. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
5. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Ion": Why do Xuthus and Creusa travel to Delphi?
2. "Alcestis": What does the handmaiden think of Alcestis?
3. "Andromache": What does Menelaus claim when he comes to the shrine?
4. "Ion": How does Ion respond when Creusa says that the gods may be to blame for their troubles?
5. "Ion": How does Ion come to the temple of Apollo?
6. "Alcestis": Why does Alcestis claim she is dying for her husband?
7. "Medea": Why does Medea think that Jason will eventually pay for his actions?
8. "Alcestis": What has Admetus done before the beginning of the play?
9. "Medea": Why did Jason and Medea travel to Corinth?
10. "Alcestis": What labor is Heracles on his way to perform?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)