|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
2. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
(a) At the altar.
(b) At the statue.
(c) At the steps.
(d) At the table.
3. "Andromache": Whom was Hermione supposed to marry?
4. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
(a) A bacchanal rite.
(b) A harvest festival.
(c) A moon festival.
(d) A religious rite.
5. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
(a) A letter.
(b) Some jewelry.
(c) Some of her possessions.
(d) Some gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
2. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
3. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
4. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
5. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Ion": How does Ion come to the temple of Apollo?
2. "Ion": Why do Xuthus and Creusa travel to Delphi?
3. "Medea": What does Aegeus swear to Medea that he will do?
4. "Hippolytus": How was Hippolytus killed?
5. "Hippolytus": What tactic does Aphrodite use to begin her plot of revenge?
6. "Ion": How does Ion respond when Creusa says that the gods may be to blame for their troubles?
7. "Ion": What makes Ion believe that Creusa is his mother?
8. "Alcestis": Why does Alcestis claim she is dying for her husband?
9. "Andromache": Why does Andromache bemoan Apollo's actions?
10. "Alcestis": What does the handmaiden think of Alcestis?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)