Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) The servant.
(b) The retainer.
(c) The slave.
(d) The handmaiden.
2. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to live as mothers to children.
(b) They have to teach children.
(c) They have to live with men.
(d) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
3. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
4. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
(a) An attendant.
(b) A friend.
(c) A commoner.
(d) A nurse.
5. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(a) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
2. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
3. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
4. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
5. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Alcestis": What has Admetus done before the beginning of the play?
2. "Alcestis": What does the handmaiden think of Alcestis?
3. "Medea": What does the nurse learn while gossiping with the tutor?
4. "Electra": When Electra meets her brother and thinks he is a messenger, what does she tell him?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What dream does Iphigenia have at the beginning of the play?
6. "Hippolytus": What tactic does Aphrodite use to begin her plot of revenge?
7. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why does Iphigenia think human sacrifice is practiced in Taurus?
8. "Alcestis": What is Pheres' claim about why he did not want to die?
9. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Agamemnon convince his daughter and wife to come to his camp?
10. "Medea": Describe Medea.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)