|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": What is Andromache's relationship to Neoptolemos?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
2. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
(a) A basket.
(b) A bassinet.
(c) A blanket.
(d) An ark.
3. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
(a) He will not build her a temple.
(b) He will not worship her.
(c) He will not love her.
(d) He will not talk to her.
4. "Andromache": Whom does Andromache send to fetch Peleus?
(a) The shepherd.
(b) Her handmaiden.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) The priestess.
5. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
(a) On the road.
(b) At the cliffs.
(c) At the house.
(d) At the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
2. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
3. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
4. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
5. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Medea": Why did Jason and Medea travel to Corinth?
2. "Ion": How does Ion respond when Creusa says that the gods may be to blame for their troubles?
3. "Alcestis": What labor is Heracles on his way to perform?
4. "Andromache": What does Menelaus claim when he comes to the shrine?
5. "Alcestis": What has Admetus done before the beginning of the play?
6. "Andromache": Why does Andromache bemoan Apollo's actions?
7. "Andromache": Why is Andromache taking refuge in the shrine of Thetis?
8. "Ion": What happens to Creusa before the play begins?
9. "Hippolytus": What does the nurse tell Phaedra that love is dependent on?
10. "Ion": What makes Ion believe that Creusa is his mother?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)