|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Which god does Andromache blame for her current troubles?
2. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
(a) For the slaves to die.
(b) For the wife to die.
(c) For the childrento die.
(d) For the servants to die.
3. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To gather her things.
(b) To put her affairs in order.
(c) To help her sons adjust.
(d) To say goodbye to Jason.
4. "Andromache": Where is Andromache from?
5. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
(a) A cave.
(b) A river.
(c) A beach.
(d) A mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
2. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
3. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
4. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
5. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Ion": What does the oracle tell Xuthus?
2. "Medea": In what case are women deadly according to Medea?
3. "Ion": How does Ion respond when Creusa says that the gods may be to blame for their troubles?
4. "Ion": How does Ion come to the temple of Apollo?
5. "Medea": Why did Jason and Medea travel to Corinth?
6. "Hippolytus": What does the nurse tell Phaedra that love is dependent on?
7. "Andromache": When Menelaus refuses to give Andromache up, what does Peleus say?
8. "Medea": What does Aegeus swear to Medea that he will do?
9. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite raging against in her speech at the beginning of the play?
10. "Ion": What happens to Creusa before the play begins?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)