|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
2. "Andromache": Where does Orestes plan to ambush Neoptolemos?
(a) At the plays.
(b) At the palace.
(c) At Olympus.
(d) At the Delphic oracle.
3. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
4. "Andromache": Who is Hermione?
(a) Princess of Troy.
(b) Princess of Athens.
(c) Princess of Delphi.
(d) Princess of Sparta.
5. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His son.
(d) His nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
2. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
3. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
4. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
5. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Ion": What makes Ion believe that Creusa is his mother?
2. "Hippolytus": Why does Phaedra think it is better to commit suicide than to do wrong?
3. "Ion": What happens to Creusa before the play begins?
4. "Medea": Why did Jason and Medea travel to Corinth?
5. "Medea": In what case are women deadly according to Medea?
6. "Andromache": When Menelaus refuses to give Andromache up, what does Peleus say?
7. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite raging against in her speech at the beginning of the play?
8. "Hippolytus": How was Hippolytus killed?
9. "Ion": Why do Xuthus and Creusa travel to Delphi?
10. "Medea": What does the nurse learn while gossiping with the tutor?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)