|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(a) The sea.
2. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
3. "Andromache": Who snatches the sword from Hermione before she can kill herself?
(a) The servant.
(b) The nurse.
(c) The priestess.
(d) The handmaiden.
4. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
5. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
2. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
3. "Andromache": Who is the son Peleus had with a goddess?
4. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
5. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Hippolytus": How was Hippolytus killed?
2. "Andromache": Why is Andromache taking refuge in the shrine of Thetis?
3. "Hippolytus": Why is Theseus in exile?
4. "Andromache": When Menelaus refuses to give Andromache up, what does Peleus say?
5. "Medea": What does the nurse learn while gossiping with the tutor?
6. "Medea": Why does Medea think that Jason will eventually pay for his actions?
7. "Medea": In what case are women deadly according to Medea?
8. "Alcestis": What labor is Heracles on his way to perform?
9. "Ion": How does Ion respond when Creusa says that the gods may be to blame for their troubles?
10. "Medea": What does Aegeus swear to Medea that he will do?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)