|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can live as a king.
(b) How he can get to Jason.
(c) How he can get children.
(d) How he can kill Creon.
2. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
3. "Andromache": Where does Orestes plan to ambush Neoptolemos?
(a) At the Delphic oracle.
(b) At Olympus.
(c) At the plays.
(d) At the palace.
4. "Alcestis": What is Heracles on his way to tame, when he stops at Admetus's house?
5. "Andromache": Where is Andromache from?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
2. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
3. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
4. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
5. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Ion": What makes Ion believe that Creusa is his mother?
2. "Hippolytus": Why is Theseus in exile?
3. "Andromache": What does Menelaus claim when he comes to the shrine?
4. "Medea": Describe Medea.
5. "Ion": How does Ion respond when Creusa says that the gods may be to blame for their troubles?
6. "Ion": How does Ion come to the temple of Apollo?
7. "Medea": In what case are women deadly according to Medea?
8. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite raging against in her speech at the beginning of the play?
9. "Medea": Why did Jason and Medea travel to Corinth?
10. "Alcestis": What has Admetus done before the beginning of the play?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)