|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) A father for his sons.
(b) A place to go.
(c) Love for his sons.
(d) A home and money.
2. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
(b) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(c) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(d) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
3. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To put her affairs in order.
(b) To help her sons adjust.
(c) To say goodbye to Jason.
(d) To gather her things.
4. "Andromache": Who is the son Peleus had with a goddess?
5. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A mask.
(b) A caftan.
(c) A veil.
(d) A robe.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": Whom was Hermione supposed to marry?
2. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
3. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
4. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
5. "Alcestis": What is Heracles on his way to tame, when he stops at Admetus's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba upset about Agamemnon taking Cassandra?
2. "Electra": When Electra meets her brother and thinks he is a messenger, what does she tell him?
3. "Trojan Women": Why is Hecuba enraged about being Odysseus's slave?
4. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra tell Hecuba after her prediction about Agamemnon?
5. "Electra": Why does the king ask Orestes to kill the bull?
6. "Electra": What is the plan the tutor and Orestes make to kill Aegisthus?
7. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Why does Agamemnon try to tell his daughter not to come to the camp?
8. "Ion": What makes Ion believe that Creusa is his mother?
9. "The Bacchants": Why does Dionysus plot against the Thebans?
10. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Why are Orestes and Pylades in Taurus?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)