|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
2. "Andromache": Where does Orestes plan to ambush Neoptolemos?
(a) At the plays.
(b) At Olympus.
(c) At the palace.
(d) At the Delphic oracle.
3. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
(a) The nurse.
(c) The priest.
4. "Andromache": Who is Hermione?
(a) Princess of Troy.
(b) Princess of Delphi.
(c) Princess of Athens.
(d) Princess of Sparta.
5. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
(a) The butler.
(b) The cook.
(c) The manservant.
(d) The tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
2. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
3. "Andromache": Of whom is Andromache a widow?
4. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
5. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Hippolytus": How was Hippolytus killed?
2. "Medea": What does the nurse learn while gossiping with the tutor?
3. "Alcestis": What is the argument between Apollo and Death about at the beginning of the play?
4. "Andromache": When Menelaus betrays Andromache when she leaves the shrine, what does she do?
5. "Ion": How does Ion come to the temple of Apollo?
6. "Ion": What does the oracle tell Xuthus?
7. "Hippolytus": Why is Theseus in exile?
8. "Alcestis": What has Admetus done before the beginning of the play?
9. "Medea": Describe Medea.
10. "Medea": Why did Jason and Medea travel to Corinth?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)