|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Bacchants": Who has not respected his Bacchic rites?
(a) The Corinthians.
(b) The Athenians.
(c) The Dorians.
(d) The Thebans.
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
4. "Electra": Who is Orestes' father?
5. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to get the blood from the cattle off themselves?
6. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
(a) The Descpartians.
(b) The Erinyes.
(c) The Riacans.
(d) The Spartans.
7. "Trojan Women": What happens to the citadel when Hecuba is done burying her grandson?
(a) It goes up in flames.
(b) It stops burning.
(c) It collapses.
8. "Iphigenia at Aulis": When the priest was about to slit Iphigenia's throat, what appeared in her place?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A fawn.
(c) A cow.
(d) A goat.
9. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Behead him.
(b) Stone him.
(c) Run him over with horses.
(d) Throw him from the battlements.
10. "Trojan Women": The Greeks have assembled the Trojan women who were spared death to become what?
(b) Slaves and concubines.
(c) Stable hands.
(d) Nurses and nannies.
11. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Iphigenia go to the altar?
12. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
(a) The king.
(b) The fates.
(c) The gods.
(d) The queen.
13. "Electra": Electra begins with the speech of a peasant from where?
14. "The Bacchants": What does Pentheus say are dancing in the countryside?
15. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Whom does Agamemnon need to sacrifice?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
2. "The Bacchants": What do Tiresias and the king want to do at the bacchanal celebration?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who stole Helen?
4. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
5. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)