|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": Whom did Electra's mother help to kill?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her father.
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What lie does Agamemnon tell in order to get Iphigenia to come to be sacrificed?
(a) That he is sick.
(b) That there is a present for her.
(c) That he needs her as a warrior.
(d) That she is getting married.
3. "Electra": Who tells Orestes and Electra what the future has in store for them?
(a) Callun and Pyres.
(b) The gods.
(c) Castor and Pollux.
(d) The oracle.
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who spirited Iphigenia away from the sacrifice?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": When the priest was about to slit Iphigenia's throat, what appeared in her place?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A goat.
(c) A fawn.
(d) A cow.
6. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
7. "Electra": Electra begins with the speech of a peasant from where?
8. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
9. "The Bacchants": What does Pentheus say are dancing in the countryside?
10. "Electra": Who is Orestes' father?
11. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What rank does Iphigenia hold as a priestess?
(a) Servant priestess.
(b) Head priestess.
(c) Under priestess.
(d) Novice priestess.
12. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What does Agamemnon give to the servant to take to his family?
(a) His riches.
(c) His robe.
(d) A letter.
13. "The Bacchants": When Pentheus is told not to blaspheme the gods, what emotion does he feel?
14. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
(a) The Descpartians.
(b) The Riacans.
(c) The Erinyes.
(d) The Spartans.
15. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
(a) The fates.
(b) The gods.
(c) The king.
(d) The queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": What does Orestes do as his mother comes to Electra's house?
2. "The Bacchants": What kind of wreaths do the followers of Dionysus wear?
3. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to get the blood from the cattle off themselves?
4. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba bury with her grandson?
5. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)