|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What does Agamemnon give to the servant to take to his family?
(a) His riches.
(b) His robe.
(d) A letter.
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
3. "The Bacchants": What kind of wreaths do the followers of Dionysus wear?
(c) Olive branch.
4. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her goddess.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her country.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
6. "Electra": Where is Orestes going to be tried and acquitted?
7. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) Noble children.
(b) A good life.
(d) His throne.
8. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is the name of Agamemnon's wife?
9. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to get the blood from the cattle off themselves?
10. "Trojan Women": Who joins Poseidon and says she has decided to attack the Greeks?
11. "Electra": Who tells Orestes and Electra what the future has in store for them?
(a) The gods.
(b) Castor and Pollux.
(c) The oracle.
(d) Callun and Pyres.
12. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who is Helen's Greek husband?
13. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
14. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
15. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
(a) The king.
(b) The gods.
(c) The queen.
(d) The fates.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
3. "Trojan Women": To whom is Helen married?
4. "Trojan Women": To what does Cassandra say she will be thrown to after being killed?
5. "Trojan Women": What is the name of Andromache's young son?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)