|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is Iphigenia doing while pleading with Agamemnon not to sacrifice her?
(b) She is not pleading.
3. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to rip apart the cattle?
(a) Their necklaces.
(c) Their hands.
(d) Their shoes.
4. "Electra": Where is Orestes going to be tried and acquitted?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis" begins with a speech that has been what?
(d) Never performed.
6. "The Bacchants": What tells the women to burn down the house of Pentheus?
(a) A lightning bolt.
(b) A moonbeam.
(c) A thunderbolt.
(d) A nymph.
7. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) His throne.
(c) A good life.
(d) Noble children.
8. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
(a) His old manservant.
(b) His old tutor.
(c) His old retainer.
(d) His old bodyguard.
9. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Behead him.
(b) Run him over with horses.
(c) Stone him.
(d) Throw him from the battlements.
10. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
11. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
(a) Food sacrifice.
(b) Plant sacrifice.
(c) Animal sacrifice.
(d) Human sacrifice.
12. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
(a) Some of her children.
(b) Her sisters.
(c) The women.
(d) Some of her servants.
13. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
14. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
(a) The lake.
(b) The river.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The ocean.
15. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
(a) An axe.
(b) A stone.
(c) A sword.
(d) A board.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Where does Agamemnon put his family when they arrive?
3. "The Bacchants": Dionysus's father is Zeus. Whom is his mother?
4. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
5. "The Bacchants": What is the name of the special staff that followers of Dionysus carry?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)