|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who does Agamemnon claim will rise up against him if he does not sacrifice Iphigenia?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) The gods.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Fates.
2. "The Bacchants": Who leads the attack on Pentheus?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": In Iphigenia's dream, what do Orestes and Pylades try to take from the temple?
(a) The idol.
(b) The sacrifices.
(c) The gifts.
(d) The priestesses.
4. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
(a) The women.
(b) Some of her children.
(c) Her sisters.
(d) Some of her servants.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
(a) Plant sacrifice.
(b) Food sacrifice.
(c) Human sacrifice.
(d) Animal sacrifice.
6. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
(a) His old bodyguard.
(b) His old manservant.
(c) His old tutor.
(d) His old retainer.
7. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The river.
(c) The lake.
(d) The ocean.
8. "Electra": Who is Orestes' father?
9. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
(a) Social justice.
(d) The gods.
10. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
11. "The Bacchants": What is Pentheus's role?
(a) King of Macedonia.
(b) King of Declean.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) King of Sparta.
12. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
(a) The Descpartians.
(b) The Erinyes.
(c) The Riacans.
(d) The Spartans.
13. "Electra": Electra begins with the speech of a peasant from where?
14. "Electra": Who tells Orestes and Electra what the future has in store for them?
(a) Callun and Pyres.
(b) The oracle.
(c) Castor and Pollux.
(d) The gods.
15. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
2. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
3. "Trojan Women": What happens to the citadel when Hecuba is done burying her grandson?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Iphigenia go to the altar?
5. "Electra": How is Electra going to lure her mother out to her house?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)