|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": When did Orestes and his friend Pylades flee from Aegisthus?
(a) Long ago.
(b) A short time ago.
(c) A season ago.
(d) A few moons ago.
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What lie does Agamemnon tell in order to get Iphigenia to come to be sacrificed?
(a) That he is sick.
(b) That she is getting married.
(c) That there is a present for her.
(d) That he needs her as a warrior.
3. "The Bacchants": What is the clothing of followers of Dionysus?
4. "The Bacchants": When Pentheus is told not to blaspheme the gods, what emotion does he feel?
5. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
(a) A messenger.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A guard.
(d) A servant.
6. "Iphigenia at Aulis": When the priest was about to slit Iphigenia's throat, what appeared in her place?
(a) A fawn.
(b) A cow.
(c) A goat.
(d) A sheep.
7. "Trojan Women": To whom is Helen married?
8. "Trojan Women": What activities are heard during the opening scene?
(a) Joy and victory.
(b) Packing and moving.
(c) Death and wailing.
(d) Happiness and laughter.
9. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
(a) When they return to Greece.
(b) When they return to Rome.
(c) He will not kill her.
(d) When they leave Troy.
10. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
(a) The river.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The lake.
(d) The ocean.
11. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) Noble children.
(b) A good life.
(d) His throne.
12. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What does Agamemnon give to the servant to take to his family?
(a) A letter.
(b) His riches.
(c) His robe.
13. "Iphigenia at Aulis" begins with a speech that has been what?
(d) Never performed.
14. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
15. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who does Agamemnon claim will rise up against him if he does not sacrifice Iphigenia?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) The Fates.
(c) The gods.
(d) The Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": Who joins Poseidon and says she has decided to attack the Greeks?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
3. "The Bacchants": Who has not respected his Bacchic rites?
4. "Electra": Who is Orestes' father?
5. "Electra": How is Electra going to lure her mother out to her house?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)