|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
2. "The Bacchants": What tells the women to burn down the house of Pentheus?
(a) A moonbeam.
(b) A lightning bolt.
(c) A thunderbolt.
(d) A nymph.
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What are the Greek troops waiting for while sitting in port?
(a) Low tide.
(b) A good omen.
(c) A leader.
4. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Hecuba go?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
(a) To cleanse it.
(b) For secret rites.
(c) To shine it.
(d) To worship with it.
6. "The Bacchants": Dionysus's father is Zeus. Whom is his mother?
7. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to rip apart the cattle?
(a) Their shoes.
(b) Their necklaces.
(d) Their hands.
8. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) A good life.
(c) Noble children.
(d) His throne.
9. "Iphigenia at Aulis": When the priest was about to slit Iphigenia's throat, what appeared in her place?
(a) A goat.
(b) A cow.
(c) A fawn.
(d) A sheep.
10. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Run him over with horses.
(b) Throw him from the battlements.
(c) Stone him.
(d) Behead him.
11. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who is Helen's Greek husband?
12. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
(a) His old bodyguard.
(b) His old retainer.
(c) His old tutor.
(d) His old manservant.
13. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is Iphigenia doing while pleading with Agamemnon not to sacrifice her?
(a) She is not pleading.
14. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
(a) A board.
(b) An axe.
(c) A sword.
(d) A stone.
15. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who spirited Iphigenia away from the sacrifice?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
3. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
4. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)