|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's job?
2. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
(a) His old bodyguard.
(b) His old manservant.
(c) His old tutor.
(d) His old retainer.
3. "Electra": Where does Orestes plans to ambush the king?
(a) Outside the temple.
(b) Outside the city.
(c) At the stables.
(d) Outside his palace.
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Iphigenia go to the altar?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": The prophet has said that the lack of wind is the work of what goddess?
6. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells the king of Iphigenia's deceit?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A herdsman.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A messenger.
7. "Electra": Whom did Electra's mother help to kill?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
8. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Whom does Agamemnon need to sacrifice?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
9. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What did Agamemnon do that upsets Achilles?
(a) Lied to his daughter.
(b) Took the sacrifice away.
(c) Promised he would be married.
(d) Used his name without permission.
10. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who is Helen's Greek husband?
11. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
(a) A sword.
(b) A board.
(c) A stone.
(d) An axe.
12. "The Bacchants": Who leads the attack on Pentheus?
13. "Trojan Women": To whom is Helen married?
14. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
(a) A guard.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A servant.
15. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
(b) Reading his fortune.
(c) A sign he made a sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": When Pentheus is told not to blaspheme the gods, what emotion does he feel?
2. "Electra": When did Orestes and his friend Pylades flee from Aegisthus?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
4. "Trojan Women": What is Poseidon the god of?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)