|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells Iphigenia that there are two strangers in their land?
2. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's job?
3. "Electra": Whom did Electra's mother help to kill?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
5. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
(b) A sign he made a sacrifice.
(d) Reading his fortune.
6. "The Bacchants": How does Pentheus disguise himself to go view the rites on the hill?
(a) As a woman.
(b) As a commoner.
(c) As a shepherd.
(d) As a herdsman.
7. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A guard.
(d) A servant.
8. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Iphigenia go to the altar?
9. "The Bacchants": In the jail, whom does Pentheus question when the women have escaped?
(a) A male stranger.
(b) The jailer.
(c) His father.
(d) The army.
10. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
(a) Her goddess.
(b) Her country.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her mother.
11. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
12. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is Iphigenia doing while pleading with Agamemnon not to sacrifice her?
(d) She is not pleading.
13. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Once they are on the ship, what does the sea do?
(a) Swallows the passengers.
(b) Kills Orestes.
(c) Swallows the ship.
(d) Captures Iphigenia.
14. "Electra": Where does Orestes plans to ambush the king?
(a) At the stables.
(b) Outside the temple.
(c) Outside his palace.
(d) Outside the city.
15. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
(a) The Descpartians.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Erinyes.
(d) The Riacans.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
2. "Trojan Women": To what does Cassandra say she will be thrown to after being killed?
3. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
4. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)