|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": How is Electra going to lure her mother out to her house?
(a) Claiming to have a present.
(b) Claiming to have a baby.
(c) Claiming to have information.
(d) Claiming to be ill.
2. "The Bacchants": What kind of wreaths do the followers of Dionysus wear?
(a) Olive branch.
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What lie does Agamemnon tell in order to get Iphigenia to come to be sacrificed?
(a) That he needs her as a warrior.
(b) That he is sick.
(c) That there is a present for her.
(d) That she is getting married.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
5. "Electra": The king has heard that Thessalians are master butchers of what?
6. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What does Agamemnon give to the servant to take to his family?
(a) His robe.
(c) A letter.
(d) His riches.
7. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) A good life.
(b) His throne.
(c) Noble children.
8. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
9. "Trojan Women": Who joins Poseidon and says she has decided to attack the Greeks?
10. "Iphigenia at Aulis": The prophet has said that the lack of wind is the work of what goddess?
11. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
12. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Run him over with horses.
(b) Throw him from the battlements.
(c) Behead him.
(d) Stone him.
13. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Whom does Agamemnon need to sacrifice?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
14. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
(a) No sadness.
(b) No loss.
(c) No pain.
(d) No pleasure.
15. "The Bacchants": What is the name of the special staff that followers of Dionysus carry?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": When the priest was about to slit Iphigenia's throat, what appeared in her place?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis" begins with a speech that has been what?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
4. "The Bacchants": How does Pentheus disguise himself to go view the rites on the hill?
5. "Trojan Women": To what does Cassandra say she will be thrown to after being killed?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)