|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is Iphigenia doing while pleading with Agamemnon not to sacrifice her?
(a) She is not pleading.
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
(a) Plant sacrifice.
(b) Animal sacrifice.
(c) Food sacrifice.
(d) Human sacrifice.
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis" begins with a speech that has been what?
(b) Never performed.
4. "Trojan Women": What is the name of Andromache's young son?
5. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Behead him.
(b) Stone him.
(c) Run him over with horses.
(d) Throw him from the battlements.
6. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
(a) The king.
(b) The fates.
(c) The queen.
(d) The gods.
7. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba bury with her grandson?
(a) Hector's helmet.
(b) Hector's shield.
(c) Hector's armor.
(d) Hector's sword.
8. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
9. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What are the Greek troops waiting for while sitting in port?
(b) Low tide.
(c) A leader.
(d) A good omen.
10. "Trojan Women": What activities are heard during the opening scene?
(a) Death and wailing.
(b) Happiness and laughter.
(c) Packing and moving.
(d) Joy and victory.
11. "Trojan Women": To what does Cassandra say she will be thrown to after being killed?
(a) The sea.
(b) The gods.
(c) The beasts.
(d) The monsters.
12. "The Bacchants": What does Pentheus say are dancing in the countryside?
13. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
(a) No loss.
(b) No pain.
(c) No pleasure.
(d) No sadness.
14. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Once they are on the ship, what does the sea do?
(a) Kills Orestes.
(b) Captures Iphigenia.
(c) Swallows the ship.
(d) Swallows the passengers.
15. "Electra": Where does Orestes plans to ambush the king?
(a) Outside the temple.
(b) Outside his palace.
(c) Outside the city.
(d) At the stables.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What tells the women to burn down the house of Pentheus?
2. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
3. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What rank does Iphigenia hold as a priestess?
5. "The Bacchants": Dionysus's father is Zeus. Whom is his mother?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)