|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Where does Agamemnon put his family when they arrive?
(a) In the temple.
(b) At the castle.
(c) On a friend's ship.
(d) In his camp.
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who does Agamemnon claim will rise up against him if he does not sacrifice Iphigenia?
(a) The Fates.
(b) The gods.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Spartans.
3. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Behead him.
(b) Run him over with horses.
(c) Stone him.
(d) Throw him from the battlements.
4. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
(a) The queen.
(b) The gods.
(c) The king.
(d) The fates.
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Whom does Agamemnon need to sacrifice?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
6. "The Bacchants": What is the name of the special staff that followers of Dionysus carry?
7. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
(a) For secret rites.
(b) To worship with it.
(c) To cleanse it.
(d) To shine it.
8. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
(a) Plant sacrifice.
(b) Animal sacrifice.
(c) Food sacrifice.
(d) Human sacrifice.
9. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What are the Greek troops waiting for while sitting in port?
(a) A leader.
(b) Low tide.
(d) A good omen.
10. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
(a) A sword.
(b) An axe.
(c) A stone.
(d) A board.
11. "Iphigenia at Aulis": If Agamemnon calls off the sacrifice, who will do it?
12. "Electra": When did Orestes and his friend Pylades flee from Aegisthus?
(a) A few moons ago.
(b) Long ago.
(c) A short time ago.
(d) A season ago.
13. "Electra": Who did Orestes and Pylades claim to be when the met the king?
14. "Trojan Women": What happens to the citadel when Hecuba is done burying her grandson?
(b) It goes up in flames.
(c) It stops burning.
(d) It collapses.
15. "The Bacchants": Who leads the attack on Pentheus?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": Who joins Poseidon and says she has decided to attack the Greeks?
2. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's main characteristic?
3. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
4. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": When the priest was about to slit Iphigenia's throat, what appeared in her place?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)