|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What is Pentheus's role?
(a) King of Macedonia.
(b) King of Sparta.
(c) King of Declean.
(d) King of Thebes.
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is the name of Agamemnon's wife?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
(a) To worship with it.
(b) To shine it.
(c) For secret rites.
(d) To cleanse it.
4. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's main characteristic?
5. "Electra": When did Orestes and his friend Pylades flee from Aegisthus?
(a) Long ago.
(b) A few moons ago.
(c) A season ago.
(d) A short time ago.
6. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
(a) A stone.
(b) A sword.
(c) An axe.
(d) A board.
7. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
8. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Iphigenia go to the altar?
9. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Where does Agamemnon put his family when they arrive?
(a) In the temple.
(b) In his camp.
(c) At the castle.
(d) On a friend's ship.
10. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
(a) Her goddess.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her country.
(d) Her mother.
11. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
12. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
(b) Gain access to riches.
(c) Raise her status.
(d) See her father.
13. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
(a) Some of her servants.
(b) Some of her children.
(c) Her sisters.
(d) The women.
14. "Electra": Electra begins with the speech of a peasant from where?
15. "Trojan Women": To whom is Helen married?
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What do Tiresias and the king want to do at the bacchanal celebration?
2. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis" begins with a speech that has been what?
4. "The Bacchants": In the jail, whom does Pentheus question when the women have escaped?
5. "The Bacchants": What kind of wreaths do the followers of Dionysus wear?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)