|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Where does Agamemnon put his family when they arrive?
(a) In his camp.
(b) On a friend's ship.
(c) At the castle.
(d) In the temple.
3. "Trojan Women": What is Poseidon the god of?
(a) The air.
(b) The moon.
(c) The sun.
(d) The sea.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
(a) No sadness.
(b) No pleasure.
(c) No pain.
(d) No loss.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
6. "The Bacchants": When Pentheus is told not to blaspheme the gods, what emotion does he feel?
7. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her country.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her goddess.
8. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What did Agamemnon do that upsets Achilles?
(a) Lied to his daughter.
(b) Took the sacrifice away.
(c) Promised he would be married.
(d) Used his name without permission.
9. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's job?
10. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who stole Helen?
11. "Iphigenia at Aulis": When the priest was about to slit Iphigenia's throat, what appeared in her place?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A fawn.
(c) A cow.
(d) A goat.
12. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Whom does Agamemnon need to sacrifice?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His cousin.
13. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells Iphigenia that there are two strangers in their land?
14. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What does Agamemnon give to the servant to take to his family?
(a) His robe.
(b) A letter.
(c) His riches.
15. "Electra":, Why has Electra's husband not slept with her?
(a) Out of decency and fear of Electra's brother.
(b) Out of decency and fear of the gods.
(c) Out of decency and fear of the Fates.
(d) Out of decency and fear of the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": To whom is Helen married?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
3. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
4. "The Bacchants": What tells the women to burn down the house of Pentheus?
5. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)