|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": Who joins Poseidon and says she has decided to attack the Greeks?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who stole Helen?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
4. "Trojan Women": What is the name of Andromache's young son?
5. "Electra":, Why has Electra's husband not slept with her?
(a) Out of decency and fear of the king.
(b) Out of decency and fear of Electra's brother.
(c) Out of decency and fear of the Fates.
(d) Out of decency and fear of the gods.
6. "The Bacchants": How does Pentheus disguise himself to go view the rites on the hill?
(a) As a commoner.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a shepherd.
(d) As a herdsman.
7. "Electra": Whom did Electra's mother help to kill?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
8. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
9. "The Bacchants": What is the clothing of followers of Dionysus?
10. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
(a) The Erinyes.
(b) The Descpartians.
(c) The Riacans.
(d) The Spartans.
11. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
(a) A board.
(b) A sword.
(c) A stone.
(d) An axe.
12. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who does Agamemnon claim will rise up against him if he does not sacrifice Iphigenia?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The gods.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Fates.
13. "Iphigenia at Aulis": If Agamemnon calls off the sacrifice, who will do it?
14. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
15. "Electra": Who did Orestes and Pylades claim to be when the met the king?
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's main characteristic?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Iphigenia go to the altar?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": The prophet has said that the lack of wind is the work of what goddess?
4. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)