|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": The Greeks have assembled the Trojan women who were spared death to become what?
(a) Stable hands.
(b) Nurses and nannies.
(c) Slaves and concubines.
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is the name of Agamemnon's wife?
3. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Run him over with horses.
(b) Throw him from the battlements.
(c) Behead him.
(d) Stone him.
4. "Electra": Who is Orestes' father?
5. "Trojan Women": What happens to the citadel when Hecuba is done burying her grandson?
(a) It goes up in flames.
(b) It stops burning.
(d) It collapses.
6. "The Bacchants": When Pentheus is told not to blaspheme the gods, what emotion does he feel?
7. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
8. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Where does Agamemnon put his family when they arrive?
(a) In the temple.
(b) At the castle.
(c) On a friend's ship.
(d) In his camp.
9. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) The women.
(c) Some of her servants.
(d) Some of her children.
10. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
(a) A sign he made a sacrifice.
(c) Reading his fortune.
11. "The Bacchants": Under whose rule did the people not respected the Bacchic rites?
12. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who is Helen's Greek husband?
13. "Electra": Where does Orestes plans to ambush the king?
(a) Outside the temple.
(b) Outside the city.
(c) At the stables.
(d) Outside his palace.
14. "Electra": Where is Orestes going to be tried and acquitted?
15. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
(a) An axe.
(b) A board.
(c) A sword.
(d) A stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells the king of Iphigenia's deceit?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
4. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
5. "The Bacchants": Dionysus's father is Zeus. Whom is his mother?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)