|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What tells the women to burn down the house of Pentheus?
(a) A lightning bolt.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A moonbeam.
(d) A thunderbolt.
2. "The Bacchants": What does Pentheus say are dancing in the countryside?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What rank does Iphigenia hold as a priestess?
(a) Novice priestess.
(b) Head priestess.
(c) Under priestess.
(d) Servant priestess.
4. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's job?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
(a) To worship with it.
(b) For secret rites.
(c) To cleanse it.
(d) To shine it.
6. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
(a) His old manservant.
(b) His old retainer.
(c) His old tutor.
(d) His old bodyguard.
7. "The Bacchants": What is the clothing of followers of Dionysus?
8. "Trojan Women": What activities are heard during the opening scene?
(a) Happiness and laughter.
(b) Packing and moving.
(c) Joy and victory.
(d) Death and wailing.
9. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
(b) Social justice.
(c) The gods.
10. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What did Agamemnon do that upsets Achilles?
(a) Took the sacrifice away.
(b) Used his name without permission.
(c) Promised he would be married.
(d) Lied to his daughter.
11. "Trojan Women": Who joins Poseidon and says she has decided to attack the Greeks?
12. "The Bacchants": Who leads the attack on Pentheus?
13. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What does Agamemnon give to the servant to take to his family?
(a) A letter.
(b) His riches.
(c) His robe.
14. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
15. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
(a) Plant sacrifice.
(b) Human sacrifice.
(c) Food sacrifice.
(d) Animal sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What are the Greek troops waiting for while sitting in port?
2. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
5. "Electra": Who is Orestes' father?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)