|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
(a) Some of her servants.
(b) The women.
(c) Some of her children.
(d) Her sisters.
2. "The Bacchants": Under whose rule did the people not respected the Bacchic rites?
3. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to get the blood from the cattle off themselves?
4. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
(a) A stone.
(b) An axe.
(c) A sword.
(d) A board.
5. "The Bacchants": When Pentheus is told not to blaspheme the gods, what emotion does he feel?
6. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
(a) The Riacans.
(b) The Erinyes.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Descpartians.
7. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is Iphigenia doing while pleading with Agamemnon not to sacrifice her?
(b) She is not pleading.
8. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) A good life.
(b) Noble children.
(d) His throne.
9. "The Bacchants": How does Pentheus disguise himself to go view the rites on the hill?
(a) As a commoner.
(b) As a shepherd.
(c) As a woman.
(d) As a herdsman.
10. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's main characteristic?
11. "The Bacchants": What is the name of the special staff that followers of Dionysus carry?
12. "Trojan Women": To whom is Helen married?
13. "Iphigenia at Aulis" begins with a speech that has been what?
(b) Never performed.
14. "The Bacchants": What do Tiresias and the king want to do at the bacchanal celebration?
15. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to rip apart the cattle?
(b) Their shoes.
(c) Their necklaces.
(d) Their hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
2. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
3. "Electra": Where does Orestes plans to ambush the king?
4. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Hecuba go?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)