|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
3. "Trojan Women": Who joins Poseidon and says she has decided to attack the Greeks?
4. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Behead him.
(b) Run him over with horses.
(c) Throw him from the battlements.
(d) Stone him.
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": How does Iphigenia go to the altar?
6. "Electra": Whom did Electra's mother help to kill?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
7. "Trojan Women": The Greeks have assembled the Trojan women who were spared death to become what?
(b) Stable hands.
(c) Nurses and nannies.
(d) Slaves and concubines.
8. "Trojan Women": What is the name of Andromache's young son?
9. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
(a) A stone.
(b) A board.
(c) An axe.
(d) A sword.
10. "Electra": Who did Orestes and Pylades claim to be when the met the king?
11. "The Bacchants": What kind of wreaths do the followers of Dionysus wear?
(d) Olive branch.
12. "Electra": Who tells Orestes and Electra what the future has in store for them?
(a) Callun and Pyres.
(b) The gods.
(c) The oracle.
(d) Castor and Pollux.
13. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's main characteristic?
14. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
15. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What history does Agamemnon discuss at the beginning of the play?
(a) The war.
(b) His world.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) His family and events.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who is Helen's Greek husband?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells the king of Iphigenia's deceit?
4. "Trojan Women": What happens to the citadel when Hecuba is done burying her grandson?
5. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)