|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
(a) Some of her servants.
(b) Some of her children.
(c) The women.
(d) Her sisters.
2. "Trojan Women": To whom is Helen married?
3. "Electra": Who did Orestes and Pylades claim to be when the met the king?
4. "Trojan Women": The Greeks have assembled the Trojan women who were spared death to become what?
(a) Slaves and concubines.
(c) Nurses and nannies.
(d) Stable hands.
5. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) A good life.
(b) His throne.
(c) Noble children.
6. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
(a) The king.
(b) The fates.
(c) The gods.
(d) The queen.
7. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who stole Helen?
8. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
(a) Gain access to riches.
(c) See her father.
(d) Raise her status.
9. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
(a) The lake.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The river.
10. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What are the Greek troops waiting for while sitting in port?
(a) Low tide.
(b) A good omen.
(d) A leader.
11. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is the name of Agamemnon's wife?
12. "The Bacchants": What is the name of the special staff that followers of Dionysus carry?
13. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
14. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to get the blood from the cattle off themselves?
15. "The Bacchants": How does Pentheus disguise himself to go view the rites on the hill?
(a) As a herdsman.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a shepherd.
(d) As a commoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": When did Orestes and his friend Pylades flee from Aegisthus?
2. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Hecuba go?
3. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
4. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)