|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What are the Greek troops waiting for while sitting in port?
(a) Low tide.
(b) A leader.
(c) A good omen.
2. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
(b) Reading his fortune.
(c) A sign he made a sacrifice.
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who stole Helen?
4. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
(a) He will not kill her.
(b) When they return to Greece.
(c) When they return to Rome.
(d) When they leave Troy.
5. "The Bacchants": What is Pentheus's role?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) King of Sparta.
(c) King of Declean.
(d) King of Macedonia.
6. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Hecuba go?
7. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) Noble children.
(c) A good life.
(d) His throne.
8. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The river.
(c) The lake.
(d) The ocean.
9. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
(a) The queen.
(b) The king.
(c) The gods.
(d) The fates.
10. "Trojan Women": What is Poseidon the god of?
(a) The sun.
(b) The sea.
(c) The air.
(d) The moon.
11. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who spirited Iphigenia away from the sacrifice?
12. "The Bacchants": What is the name of the special staff that followers of Dionysus carry?
13. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
(a) Social justice.
(d) The gods.
14. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What rank does Iphigenia hold as a priestess?
(a) Servant priestess.
(b) Under priestess.
(c) Novice priestess.
(d) Head priestess.
15. "Iphigenia at Aulis" begins with a speech that has been what?
(c) Never performed.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Whom does Agamemnon need to sacrifice?
2. "Electra": Electra begins with the speech of a peasant from where?
3. "Electra": How is Electra going to lure her mother out to her house?
4. "Electra": What does Orestes do as his mother comes to Electra's house?
5. "The Bacchants": Who leads the attack on Pentheus?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)