|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": To what does Cassandra say she will be thrown to after being killed?
(a) The monsters.
(b) The beasts.
(c) The sea.
(d) The gods.
2. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's job?
3. "Trojan Women": What is Poseidon the god of?
(a) The sea.
(b) The sun.
(c) The air.
(d) The moon.
4. "Electra": When did Orestes and his friend Pylades flee from Aegisthus?
(a) A season ago.
(b) A short time ago.
(c) Long ago.
(d) A few moons ago.
5. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
(b) Social justice.
(d) The gods.
6. "Trojan Women": Who joins Poseidon and says she has decided to attack the Greeks?
7. "The Bacchants": When Pentheus is told not to blaspheme the gods, what emotion does he feel?
8. "Trojan Women": What is the name of Andromache's young son?
9. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
10. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
11. "The Bacchants": What is the name of the special staff that followers of Dionysus carry?
12. "Electra": Who is Orestes' father?
13. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her country.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her goddess.
14. "Electra": Electra begins with the speech of a peasant from where?
15. "Iphigenia at Aulis": The prophet has said that the lack of wind is the work of what goddess?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": To whom is Helen married?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who does Agamemnon claim will rise up against him if he does not sacrifice Iphigenia?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What lie does Agamemnon tell in order to get Iphigenia to come to be sacrificed?
4. "The Bacchants": Who has not respected his Bacchic rites?
5. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)