|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who does Agamemnon claim will rise up against him if he does not sacrifice Iphigenia?
(a) The Fates.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The gods.
2. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A servant.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A guard.
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells the king of Iphigenia's deceit?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A herdsman.
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is Iphigenia doing while pleading with Agamemnon not to sacrifice her?
(c) She is not pleading.
6. "Trojan Women": What is the name of Andromache's young son?
7. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
(a) The queen.
(b) The gods.
(c) The king.
(d) The fates.
8. "Iphigenia at Aulis": If Agamemnon calls off the sacrifice, who will do it?
9. "The Bacchants": In the jail, whom does Pentheus question when the women have escaped?
(a) A male stranger.
(b) His father.
(c) The jailer.
(d) The army.
10. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What lie does Agamemnon tell in order to get Iphigenia to come to be sacrificed?
(a) That he needs her as a warrior.
(b) That she is getting married.
(c) That there is a present for her.
(d) That he is sick.
11. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
(a) See her father.
(b) Gain access to riches.
(c) Raise her status.
12. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
(a) His old bodyguard.
(b) His old manservant.
(c) His old tutor.
(d) His old retainer.
13. "The Bacchants": Under whose rule did the people not respected the Bacchic rites?
14. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Hecuba go?
15. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who stole Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Whom does Agamemnon need to sacrifice?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who is Helen's Greek husband?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What does Agamemnon give to the servant to take to his family?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)