|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
2. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) A crown.
(c) His sword.
(d) His cane.
3. "Andromache": Which god does Andromache blame for her current troubles?
4. "Andromache": Where does the goddess tell Peleus to bury Neoptolemos?
(b) The riverside.
5. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
6. "Andromache": Of what place is Menelaus king?
7. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
(a) In Sicily.
(b) In Macedonia.
(c) In Sparta.
(d) In Athens.
8. "Andromache": What is Andromache's relationship to Neoptolemos?
(c) None of the answers is correct.
9. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(a) Hire a nanny.
(b) Leave the children.
(d) Go mad.
10. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
(a) A girl.
(b) A maid.
(c) A handmaiden.
(d) A nurse.
11. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
12. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
(a) The butler.
(b) The manservant.
(c) The cook.
(d) The tutor.
13. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
(a) He will not love her.
(b) He will not build her a temple.
(c) He will not worship her.
(d) He will not talk to her.
14. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
(a) A letter.
(b) Some of her possessions.
(c) Some gold.
(d) Some jewelry.
15. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
(a) At the statue.
(b) At the steps.
(c) At the table.
(d) At the altar.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
2. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
3. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
4. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
5. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)