|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(c) The sea.
2. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is not her own.
(b) That it is impossible.
(c) That it is shameful.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
3. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(a) Committing suicide.
4. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's grandson.
(b) Phaedra's stepson.
(c) Phaedra's uncle.
(d) Phaedra's nephew.
5. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
(a) At the house.
(b) On the road.
(c) At the temple.
(d) At the cliffs.
6. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(b) The general.
(d) Creon's manservant.
7. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
8. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A bassinet.
(c) A basket.
(d) An ark.
9. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
10. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Virginity and chastity.
(b) Food and prosperity.
(c) Hope and wisdom.
(d) Animals and children.
11. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
12. "Ion": Apollo orders Hermes to go to Athens. Where is he to bring the baby boy?
(a) To Sparta.
(b) To Damascus.
(c) To Delphi.
(d) To Corinth.
13. "Andromache": Where does Orestes plan to ambush Neoptolemos?
(a) At Olympus.
(b) At the Delphic oracle.
(c) At the plays.
(d) At the palace.
14. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
(a) A cave.
(b) A river.
(c) A beach.
(d) A mountain.
15. "Andromache": Which god does Andromache blame for her current troubles?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
2. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
3. "Andromache": Whom was Hermione supposed to marry?
4. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
5. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)