|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
2. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
3. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
4. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
5. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) Love for his sons.
(b) A home and money.
(c) A father for his sons.
(d) A place to go.
6. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
7. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
(a) A river.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A cave.
(d) A beach.
8. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
9. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
(a) Abandon her children.
(b) Unleash her fury on the house of Creon.
(c) Kill everyone in her house.
(d) Kill herself.
10. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
(a) A harvest festival.
(b) A moon festival.
(c) A bacchanal rite.
(d) A religious rite.
11. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can live as a king.
(b) How he can kill Creon.
(c) How he can get children.
(d) How he can get to Jason.
12. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(a) The Fates.
13. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(a) Hire a nanny.
(c) Leave the children.
(d) Go mad.
14. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
(a) As a wise man.
(b) As an old man.
(c) As a strong man.
(d) As a young man.
15. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
(b) His daughter.
(d) His grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": Where does Orestes plan to ambush Neoptolemos?
2. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
3. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
4. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
5. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)