|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To gather her things.
(b) To put her affairs in order.
(c) To say goodbye to Jason.
(d) To help her sons adjust.
2. "Ion": How is Creusa supposed to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) With a horse.
(b) With an accident.
(c) With a sword.
(d) With poison.
3. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) A home and money.
(b) Love for his sons.
(c) A father for his sons.
(d) A place to go.
4. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
5. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
(a) Some gold.
(b) A letter.
(c) Some of her possessions.
(d) Some jewelry.
6. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's uncle.
(b) Phaedra's stepson.
(c) Phaedra's nephew.
(d) Phaedra's grandson.
7. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) The retainer.
(b) The servant.
(c) The slave.
(d) The handmaiden.
8. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is not her own.
(b) That it is impossible.
(c) That it is shameful.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
9. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's daughter.
(b) Creon's niece.
(c) Creon's aunt.
(d) Creon's sister.
10. "Ion": How many races will Ion's descendants span according to the goddess?
11. "Andromache": Whom was Hermione supposed to marry?
12. "Andromache": Whom does Andromache send to fetch Peleus?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her handmaiden.
(c) The priestess.
(d) The shepherd.
13. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
14. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
15. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": At the beginning of the play, what action of Apollo's does Hermes describe?
2. "Andromache": Of what place is Menelaus king?
3. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
4. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
5. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)