|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
2. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
(a) As a wise man.
(b) As an old man.
(c) As a young man.
(d) As a strong man.
3. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
4. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
(a) A letter.
(b) Some gold.
(c) Some of her possessions.
(d) Some jewelry.
5. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
6. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To put her affairs in order.
(b) To help her sons adjust.
(c) To say goodbye to Jason.
(d) To gather her things.
7. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
(a) He will not build her a temple.
(b) He will not worship her.
(c) He will not love her.
(d) He will not talk to her.
8. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
9. "Ion": What condition do Xuthus and Creusa travel to the oracle to cure?
10. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) Heracles and Pheres.
(b) The children.
(c) The kingdom.
(d) Heracles and the chorus.
11. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A mask.
(b) A robe.
(c) A caftan.
(d) A veil.
12. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
13. "Ion": What does Xuthus do before seeing the oracle?
(a) Pay money.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Make a sacrifice.
14. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
15. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's nephew.
(b) Phaedra's grandson.
(c) Phaedra's uncle.
(d) Phaedra's stepson.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": Apollo orders Hermes to go to Athens. Where is he to bring the baby boy?
2. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
3. "Ion": How is Xuthus described?
4. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
5. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)