|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
2. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her cook.
(b) Her nurse.
(c) Her servant.
(d) Her handmaiden.
3. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(d) Committing suicide.
4. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Virginity and chastity.
(b) Animals and children.
(c) Food and prosperity.
(d) Hope and wisdom.
5. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(a) Creon's manservant.
(d) The general.
6. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
(c) His grandson.
(d) His daughter.
7. "Andromache": Of what place is Menelaus king?
8. "Andromache": What does Orestes plan to do after he kills Neoptolemos?
(a) Make Hermione his slave.
(b) Make Hermione his lover.
(c) Offer Hermione as a servant to an oracle.
(d) Marry Hermione.
9. "Medea": Who is Medea?
(a) A Greek sorceress.
(b) A non-Greek sorceress.
(c) A non-Greek priestess.
(d) A Greek priestess.
10. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
(b) The Fates.
(c) The leader of the chorus.
(d) A god.
11. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
(a) A river.
(b) A beach.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A cave.
12. "Andromache": Where does the goddess tell Peleus to bury Neoptolemos?
(d) The riverside.
13. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His son.
(d) His nephew.
14. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
15. "Andromache": Of whom is Andromache a widow?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
2. "Andromache": Who is the son Peleus had with a goddess?
3. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
4. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
5. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)