|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
(a) An ark.
(b) A basket.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A bassinet.
2. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her servant.
(b) Her nurse.
(c) Her cook.
(d) Her handmaiden.
3. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
(a) In Macedonia.
(b) In Sparta.
(c) In Athens.
(d) In Sicily.
4. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
(a) Kill everyone in her house.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Abandon her children.
(d) Unleash her fury on the house of Creon.
5. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
(d) Jumping from the roof.
6. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
7. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(c) The sea.
8. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
(d) The priestess.
9. "Ion": What does Xuthus do before seeing the oracle?
(a) Make a sacrifice.
(c) Pay money.
(d) Sing a song.
10. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
11. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(c) Committing suicide.
12. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
13. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason's new wife and Creon.
(b) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(c) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
(d) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
14. "Ion": How many races will Ion's descendants span according to the goddess?
15. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
2. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
3. "Ion": Who tells Creusa that she will never have a child with Xuthus?
4. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
5. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)