|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason's new wife and Creon.
(b) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
(c) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(d) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
2. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) The kingdom.
(b) Heracles and the chorus.
(c) Heracles and Pheres.
(d) The children.
3. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
(a) At the house.
(b) At the temple.
(c) On the road.
(d) At the cliffs.
4. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
5. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's uncle.
(b) Phaedra's stepson.
(c) Phaedra's grandson.
(d) Phaedra's nephew.
6. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
7. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
8. "Andromache": Whom was Hermione supposed to marry?
9. "Andromache": Where does Orestes plan to ambush Neoptolemos?
(a) At the palace.
(b) At the plays.
(c) At Olympus.
(d) At the Delphic oracle.
10. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
11. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
(a) At the statue.
(b) At the altar.
(c) At the steps.
(d) At the table.
12. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
(a) Jumping from the roof.
13. "Medea": Who is Medea?
(a) A non-Greek sorceress.
(b) A Greek priestess.
(c) A non-Greek priestess.
(d) A Greek sorceress.
14. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
(c) The priestess.
15. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
2. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
3. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
4. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
5. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)