|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
(b) The nurse.
(d) The priest.
2. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) The handmaiden.
(b) The slave.
(c) The servant.
(d) The retainer.
3. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The cook.
(b) The handmaiden.
(c) The gardener.
(d) The butler.
4. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
5. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
6. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want to live anymore.
(b) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
(c) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
(d) She does not want her husband to die.
7. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) That it is shameful.
(c) That it is not her own.
(d) That it is impossible.
8. "Ion": Apollo orders Hermes to go to Athens. Where is he to bring the baby boy?
(a) To Sparta.
(b) To Corinth.
(c) To Damascus.
(d) To Delphi.
9. "Ion": How is Creusa supposed to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) With a horse.
(b) With a sword.
(c) With an accident.
(d) With poison.
10. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
11. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
12. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To gather her things.
(b) To help her sons adjust.
(c) To say goodbye to Jason.
(d) To put her affairs in order.
13. "Andromache": Who snatches the sword from Hermione before she can kill herself?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The servant.
(c) The handmaiden.
(d) The priestess.
14. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her handmaiden.
(b) Her cook.
(c) Her nurse.
(d) Her servant.
15. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) A place to go.
(b) Love for his sons.
(c) A home and money.
(d) A father for his sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
2. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
3. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
4. "Andromache": Who is the son Peleus had with a goddess?
5. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)