|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia at Aulis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
(b) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
(c) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(d) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
2. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(d) The Fates.
3. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
(a) In Sparta.
(b) In Macedonia.
(c) In Sicily.
(d) In Athens.
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What did Agamemnon do that upsets Achilles?
(a) Lied to his daughter.
(b) Took the sacrifice away.
(c) Promised he would be married.
(d) Used his name without permission.
5. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The butler.
(b) The cook.
(c) The handmaiden.
(d) The gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
2. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to rip apart the cattle?
3. "The Bacchants": Dionysus's father is Zeus. Whom is his mother?
4. "Trojan Women": To whom is Helen married?
5. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)