|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia at Aulis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": Who tells Creusa that she will never have a child with Xuthus?
(a) The oracle.
(b) The chorus.
(c) The god.
(d) The priestess.
2. "Electra": Electra begins with the speech of a peasant from where?
3. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want to live anymore.
(b) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
(c) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
(d) She does not want her husband to die.
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What are the Greek troops waiting for while sitting in port?
(a) A good omen.
(b) A leader.
(c) Low tide.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Once they are on the ship, what does the sea do?
(a) Swallows the passengers.
(b) Swallows the ship.
(c) Kills Orestes.
(d) Captures Iphigenia.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's main characteristic?
2. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
3. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
4. "Trojan Women": Who joins Poseidon and says she has decided to attack the Greeks?
5. "Andromache": Which god does Andromache blame for her current troubles?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)