|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia at Aulis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
2. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) A good life.
(c) Noble children.
(d) His throne.
3. "Andromache": What does Orestes plan to do after he kills Neoptolemos?
(a) Make Hermione his slave.
(b) Offer Hermione as a servant to an oracle.
(c) Marry Hermione.
(d) Make Hermione his lover.
4. "The Bacchants": Under whose rule did the people not respected the Bacchic rites?
5. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
(a) When they return to Greece.
(b) He will not kill her.
(c) When they return to Rome.
(d) When they leave Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
3. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
4. "Andromache": Where does the goddess tell Peleus to bury Neoptolemos?
5. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)