|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia at Aulis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The handmaiden.
(b) The cook.
(c) The gardener.
(d) The butler.
2. "Electra":, Why has Electra's husband not slept with her?
(a) Out of decency and fear of the gods.
(b) Out of decency and fear of the king.
(c) Out of decency and fear of Electra's brother.
(d) Out of decency and fear of the Fates.
3. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba bury with her grandson?
(a) Hector's armor.
(b) Hector's sword.
(c) Hector's shield.
(d) Hector's helmet.
4. "Ion": How is Creusa supposed to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) With a sword.
(b) With poison.
(c) With a horse.
(d) With an accident.
5. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can get children.
(b) How he can get to Jason.
(c) How he can kill Creon.
(d) How he can live as a king.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Whom does Agamemnon need to sacrifice?
3. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
4. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's main characteristic?
5. "Andromache": Who is Hermione?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)