|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia at Aulis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A caftan.
(b) A mask.
(c) A robe.
(d) A veil.
2. "Andromache": What does Orestes plan to do after he kills Neoptolemos?
(a) Marry Hermione.
(b) Make Hermione his lover.
(c) Offer Hermione as a servant to an oracle.
(d) Make Hermione his slave.
3. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
4. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
(a) For the wife to die.
(b) For the slaves to die.
(c) For the childrento die.
(d) For the servants to die.
5. "Ion": Who tells Creusa that she will never have a child with Xuthus?
(a) The priestess.
(b) The god.
(c) The chorus.
(d) The oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
2. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
3. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
4. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What are the Greek troops waiting for while sitting in port?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)