|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia at Aulis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(a) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Whom does Agamemnon need to sacrifice?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
3. "Andromache": Where does Orestes plan to ambush Neoptolemos?
(a) At the palace.
(b) At Olympus.
(c) At the Delphic oracle.
(d) At the plays.
4. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's uncle.
(b) Phaedra's stepson.
(c) Phaedra's nephew.
(d) Phaedra's grandson.
5. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A veil.
(b) A caftan.
(c) A robe.
(d) A mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": Who tells Orestes and Electra what the future has in store for them?
2. "Electra": Where is Orestes going to be tried and acquitted?
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": The prophet has said that the lack of wind is the work of what goddess?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
5. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)