|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia at Aulis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
(a) He will not talk to her.
(b) He will not love her.
(c) He will not build her a temple.
(d) He will not worship her.
2. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
3. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
(b) Reading his fortune.
(c) A sign he made a sacrifice.
4. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(b) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(c) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
(d) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
5. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
(a) At the table.
(b) At the altar.
(c) At the statue.
(d) At the steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
2. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
3. "Ion": Who tells Creusa that she will never have a child with Xuthus?
4. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to get the blood from the cattle off themselves?
5. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba bury with her grandson?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)