|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia at Aulis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to get the blood from the cattle off themselves?
2. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What did Agamemnon do that upsets Achilles?
(a) Took the sacrifice away.
(b) Lied to his daughter.
(c) Used his name without permission.
(d) Promised he would be married.
3. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What is Iphigenia doing while pleading with Agamemnon not to sacrifice her?
(c) She is not pleading.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
5. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) The slave.
(b) The retainer.
(c) The servant.
(d) The handmaiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
2. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
3. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
4. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
5. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)