|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia at Aulis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His son.
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Once they are on the ship, what does the sea do?
(a) Kills Orestes.
(b) Swallows the passengers.
(c) Captures Iphigenia.
(d) Swallows the ship.
3. "The Bacchants": What is the name of the special staff that followers of Dionysus carry?
4. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Animals and children.
(b) Virginity and chastity.
(c) Food and prosperity.
(d) Hope and wisdom.
5. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
(a) Some of her servants.
(b) Some of her children.
(c) Her sisters.
(d) The women.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": To what does Cassandra say she will be thrown to after being killed?
2. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
3. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": The prophet has said that the lack of wind is the work of what goddess?
5. "Iphigenia at Aulis": Who is Helen's Greek husband?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)