|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia at Aulis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
(a) Animal sacrifice.
(b) Human sacrifice.
(c) Plant sacrifice.
(d) Food sacrifice.
2. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
(a) A bacchanal rite.
(b) A moon festival.
(c) A harvest festival.
(d) A religious rite.
3. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to live as mothers to children.
(b) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(c) They have to live with men.
(d) They have to teach children.
4. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Hecuba go?
5. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of friendship.
(b) The value of strength.
(c) The value of justice.
(d) The value of knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba bury with her grandson?
2. "Electra": When did Orestes and his friend Pylades flee from Aegisthus?
3. "Andromache": Who is Hermione?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
5. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)