|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia at Aulis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
2. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Run him over with horses.
(b) Throw him from the battlements.
(c) Behead him.
(d) Stone him.
3. "The Bacchants": Who leads the attack on Pentheus?
4. "Iphigenia at Aulis": What lie does Agamemnon tell in order to get Iphigenia to come to be sacrificed?
(a) That he needs her as a warrior.
(b) That she is getting married.
(c) That there is a present for her.
(d) That he is sick.
5. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
(a) As a wise man.
(b) As an old man.
(c) As a young man.
(d) As a strong man.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": Who did Orestes and Pylades claim to be when the met the king?
2. "Andromache": Where does the goddess tell Peleus to bury Neoptolemos?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Once they are on the ship, what does the sea do?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
5. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)