|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Who snatches the sword from Hermione before she can kill herself?
(a) The priestess.
(b) The servant.
(c) The handmaiden.
(d) The nurse.
2. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
(a) The butler.
(b) The cook.
(c) The tutor.
(d) The manservant.
3. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A handmaiden.
(c) A girl.
(d) A maid.
4. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Kill everyone in her house.
(c) Abandon her children.
(d) Unleash her fury on the house of Creon.
5. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": Of whom is Andromache a widow?
2. "Electra": When did Orestes and his friend Pylades flee from Aegisthus?
3. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
4. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
5. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)