|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": At the beginning of the play, what action of Apollo's does Hermes describe?
(a) Waging war.
(b) Playing the lyre.
2. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
3. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) A home and money.
(b) A father for his sons.
(c) A place to go.
(d) Love for his sons.
4. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
(a) A guard.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A servant.
(d) Her husband.
5. "Trojan Women": What is the name of Andromache's young son?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
2. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
3. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
4. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
5. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)