|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) Noble children.
(b) A good life.
(c) His throne.
2. "Electra": The king has heard that Thessalians are master butchers of what?
3. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
(a) A crown.
(b) His cane.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) His sword.
4. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
(a) A maid.
(b) A handmaiden.
(c) A girl.
(d) A nurse.
5. "Ion": What does Xuthus do before seeing the oracle?
(b) Make a sacrifice.
(c) Pay money.
(d) Sing a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
2. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
3. "Electra": How is Electra going to lure her mother out to her house?
4. "Trojan Women": What activities are heard during the opening scene?
5. "Electra":, Why has Electra's husband not slept with her?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)