|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": What does Orestes plan to do after he kills Neoptolemos?
(a) Offer Hermione as a servant to an oracle.
(b) Make Hermione his slave.
(c) Marry Hermione.
(d) Make Hermione his lover.
2. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
(a) A stone.
(b) A sword.
(c) A board.
(d) An axe.
3. "Trojan Women": What activities are heard during the opening scene?
(a) Joy and victory.
(b) Happiness and laughter.
(c) Death and wailing.
(d) Packing and moving.
4. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(b) The Fates.
5. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
(a) A letter.
(b) Some jewelry.
(c) Some gold.
(d) Some of her possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
2. "Trojan Women": The Greeks have assembled the Trojan women who were spared death to become what?
3. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
4. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
5. "Andromache": Who is the son Peleus had with a goddess?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)