|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
2. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is asleep.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is drunk.
3. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His son.
4. "Medea": Who is Medea?
(a) A non-Greek sorceress.
(b) A Greek priestess.
(c) A Greek sorceress.
(d) A non-Greek priestess.
5. "Electra": When did Orestes and his friend Pylades flee from Aegisthus?
(a) Long ago.
(b) A season ago.
(c) A short time ago.
(d) A few moons ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
2. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
3. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
4. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
5. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)