|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A basket.
(c) A bassinet.
(d) An ark.
2. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
(a) At the temple.
(b) At the cliffs.
(c) At the house.
(d) On the road.
3. "Electra": What does the king want the entrails of the animal for?
(a) A sign he made a sacrifice.
(c) Reading his fortune.
4. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(b) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
(c) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
(d) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
5. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
(a) When they return to Rome.
(b) When they return to Greece.
(c) He will not kill her.
(d) When they leave Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
2. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
3. "Trojan Women": The Greeks have assembled the Trojan women who were spared death to become what?
4. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
5. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)