|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": Where does Orestes plans to ambush the king?
(a) At the stables.
(b) Outside his palace.
(c) Outside the temple.
(d) Outside the city.
2. "Electra": Who tells Orestes and Electra what the future has in store for them?
(a) Castor and Pollux.
(b) Callun and Pyres.
(c) The gods.
(d) The oracle.
3. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
(c) Jumping from the roof.
4. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
5. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is asleep.
(d) She is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
2. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
3. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
4. "Ion": What condition do Xuthus and Creusa travel to the oracle to cure?
5. "Trojan Women": Who joins Poseidon and says she has decided to attack the Greeks?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)