|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(b) Committing suicide.
2. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A maid.
(c) A girl.
(d) A handmaiden.
3. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
(a) A sword.
(b) A stone.
(c) An axe.
(d) A board.
4. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Hecuba go?
5. "Alcestis": What is Heracles on his way to tame, when he stops at Admetus's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
2. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
3. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
4. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
5. "Andromache": Who is the son Peleus had with a goddess?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)