|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is impossible.
(b) That it is shameful.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) That it is not her own.
2. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
3. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Abandon her children.
(c) Kill everyone in her house.
(d) Unleash her fury on the house of Creon.
4. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
5. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
2. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
3. "Alcestis": What is Heracles on his way to tame, when he stops at Admetus's house?
4. "Andromache": What is Andromache's relationship to Neoptolemos?
5. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)