|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is not her own.
(b) That it is impossible.
(c) That it is shameful.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
2. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's grandson.
(b) Phaedra's stepson.
(c) Phaedra's uncle.
(d) Phaedra's nephew.
3. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(b) The general.
(d) Creon's manservant.
4. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A bassinet.
(c) A basket.
(d) An ark.
5. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Virginity and chastity.
(b) Food and prosperity.
(c) Hope and wisdom.
(d) Animals and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
2. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
3. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
4. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
5. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)