|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
2. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
3. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
4. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her servant.
(b) Her cook.
(c) Her handmaiden.
(d) Her nurse.
5. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(b) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
2. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
3. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
4. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
5. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)