|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is impossible.
(b) That it is not her own.
(c) That it is shameful.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
2. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His son.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His father.
3. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(b) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
4. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
(a) Money to travel.
(b) A safe haven for her flight.
(c) A place to go.
(d) A safe home for her children.
5. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can live as a king.
(b) How he can get to Jason.
(c) How he can get children.
(d) How he can kill Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
2. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
3. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
4. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
5. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)