|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's niece.
(b) Creon's sister.
(c) Creon's aunt.
(d) Creon's daughter.
2. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's stepson.
(b) Phaedra's uncle.
(c) Phaedra's grandson.
(d) Phaedra's nephew.
3. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can get to Jason.
(b) How he can get children.
(c) How he can live as a king.
(d) How he can kill Creon.
4. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(d) The sea.
5. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
2. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
3. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
4. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
5. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)