|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is asleep.
(d) She is drunk.
2. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can get to Jason.
(b) How he can get children.
(c) How he can kill Creon.
(d) How he can live as a king.
3. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The handmaiden.
(b) The butler.
(c) The cook.
(d) The gardener.
4. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to live with men.
(b) They have to teach children.
(c) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(d) They have to live as mothers to children.
5. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) Love for his sons.
(b) A home and money.
(c) A place to go.
(d) A father for his sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
2. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
3. "Medea": Who is Medea?
4. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
5. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)