|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(b) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
(c) Jason's new wife and Creon.
(d) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
2. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's stepson.
(b) Phaedra's grandson.
(c) Phaedra's uncle.
(d) Phaedra's nephew.
3. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) Heracles and the chorus.
(b) Heracles and Pheres.
(c) The children.
(d) The kingdom.
4. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
5. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
2. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
3. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
4. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
5. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)