|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
2. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to teach children.
(b) They have to live with men.
(c) They have to live as mothers to children.
(d) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
3. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To put her affairs in order.
(b) To gather her things.
(c) To say goodbye to Jason.
(d) To help her sons adjust.
4. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is asleep.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is drunk.
5. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A robe.
(b) A mask.
(c) A veil.
(d) A caftan.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
2. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
3. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
4. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
5. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)