|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His father.
(b) His son.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His uncle.
2. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Animals and children.
(b) Food and prosperity.
(c) Hope and wisdom.
(d) Virginity and chastity.
3. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(a) The general.
(d) Creon's manservant.
4. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
5. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
(b) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(c) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(d) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
2. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
3. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
4. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
5. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)