|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can get children.
(b) How he can kill Creon.
(c) How he can live as a king.
(d) How he can get to Jason.
2. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
3. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
4. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) A father for his sons.
(b) A home and money.
(c) A place to go.
(d) Love for his sons.
5. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
2. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
3. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
4. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
5. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)