|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
2. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
(a) A maid.
(b) A girl.
(c) A handmaiden.
(d) A nurse.
3. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
4. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(c) The sea.
5. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her cook.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her handmaiden.
(d) Her nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
2. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
3. "Medea": Who is Medea?
4. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
5. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)