|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is asleep.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is happy.
2. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
3. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
(a) A safe haven for her flight.
(b) Money to travel.
(c) A safe home for her children.
(d) A place to go.
4. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
(b) She does not want her husband to die.
(c) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
(d) She does not want to live anymore.
5. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(d) The Fates.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
2. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
3. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
4. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
5. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)