|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(b) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
(c) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(d) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
2. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
(a) The cook.
(b) The tutor.
(c) The manservant.
(d) The butler.
3. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(a) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
4. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
(b) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
(c) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(d) Jason's new wife and Creon.
5. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is impossible.
(b) That it is not her own.
(c) That it is shameful.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
2. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
3. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
4. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
5. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)