|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A robe.
(b) A veil.
(c) A caftan.
(d) A mask.
2. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
3. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(a) The general.
(b) Creon's manservant.
4. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
5. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(b) They have to teach children.
(c) They have to live as mothers to children.
(d) They have to live with men.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
2. "Medea": Who is Medea?
3. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
4. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
5. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)