|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
2. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
(a) A handmaiden.
(b) A maid.
(c) A girl.
(d) A nurse.
3. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
4. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
5. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His son.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
2. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
3. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
4. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
5. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)