|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His son.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
2. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
(a) The tutor.
(b) The manservant.
(c) The butler.
(d) The cook.
3. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
(a) Abandon her children.
(b) Kill everyone in her house.
(c) Unleash her fury on the house of Creon.
(d) Kill herself.
4. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is asleep.
(d) She is happy.
5. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
(a) A god.
(b) The Fates.
(c) The leader of the chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
2. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
3. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
4. "Medea": Who is Medea?
5. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)