|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want to live anymore.
(b) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
(c) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
(d) She does not want her husband to die.
2. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her handmaiden.
(b) Her cook.
(c) Her servant.
(d) Her nurse.
3. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of strength.
(b) The value of justice.
(c) The value of knowledge.
(d) The value of friendship.
4. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can kill Creon.
(b) How he can get to Jason.
(c) How he can get children.
(d) How he can live as a king.
5. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To say goodbye to Jason.
(b) To put her affairs in order.
(c) To gather her things.
(d) To help her sons adjust.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
2. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
3. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
4. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
5. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)