|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(c) The Fates.
2. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
3. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
(b) Jumping from the roof.
4. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To say goodbye to Jason.
(b) To gather her things.
(c) To help her sons adjust.
(d) To put her affairs in order.
5. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
(a) A maid.
(b) A handmaiden.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
2. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
3. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
4. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
5. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)