|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The cook.
(b) The gardener.
(c) The butler.
(d) The handmaiden.
2. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
3. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His niece.
(d) His wife.
4. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) The children.
(b) The kingdom.
(c) Heracles and the chorus.
(d) Heracles and Pheres.
5. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is not her own.
(b) That it is impossible.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) That it is shameful.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
2. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
3. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
4. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
5. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)