|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
2. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
3. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) A home and money.
(b) Love for his sons.
(c) A father for his sons.
(d) A place to go.
4. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
5. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
(a) The cook.
(b) The butler.
(c) The manservant.
(d) The tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
2. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
3. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
4. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
5. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)