|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
2. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's stepson.
(b) Phaedra's nephew.
(c) Phaedra's grandson.
(d) Phaedra's uncle.
3. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His niece.
(d) His sister.
4. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to teach children.
(b) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(c) They have to live as mothers to children.
(d) They have to live with men.
5. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
(a) He will not love her.
(b) He will not build her a temple.
(c) He will not worship her.
(d) He will not talk to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
2. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
3. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
4. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
5. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)