|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
2. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Virginity and chastity.
(b) Food and prosperity.
(c) Animals and children.
(d) Hope and wisdom.
3. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(a) The general.
(c) Creon's manservant.
4. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
5. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(b) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Who is Medea?
2. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
3. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
4. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
5. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)