|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His son.
(b) His father.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His uncle.
2. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's aunt.
(b) Creon's sister.
(c) Creon's daughter.
(d) Creon's niece.
3. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
(b) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(c) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
(d) Jason's new wife and Creon.
4. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is asleep.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is ill.
5. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(b) The general.
(d) Creon's manservant.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
2. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
3. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
4. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
5. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)