|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's daughter.
(b) Creon's aunt.
(c) Creon's sister.
(d) Creon's niece.
2. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
(b) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(c) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(d) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
3. "Medea": Who is Medea?
(a) A Greek priestess.
(b) A non-Greek sorceress.
(c) A non-Greek priestess.
(d) A Greek sorceress.
4. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
5. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to teach children.
(b) They have to live as mothers to children.
(c) They have to live with men.
(d) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
2. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
3. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
4. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
5. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)