|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to live as mothers to children.
(b) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(c) They have to live with men.
(d) They have to teach children.
2. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
3. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
4. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His niece.
(d) His mother.
5. "Medea": Who is Medea?
(a) A Greek sorceress.
(b) A non-Greek sorceress.
(c) A non-Greek priestess.
(d) A Greek priestess.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
2. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
3. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
4. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
5. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)