|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
2. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
3. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To put her affairs in order.
(b) To help her sons adjust.
(c) To gather her things.
(d) To say goodbye to Jason.
4. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) Heracles and Pheres.
(b) Heracles and the chorus.
(c) The kingdom.
(d) The children.
5. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(c) The Fates.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
2. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
3. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
4. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
5. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)