|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A mask.
(b) A veil.
(c) A caftan.
(d) A robe.
2. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
(a) The manservant.
(b) The butler.
(c) The tutor.
(d) The cook.
3. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) Heracles and Pheres.
(b) The children.
(c) The kingdom.
(d) Heracles and the chorus.
4. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
5. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Food and prosperity.
(b) Virginity and chastity.
(c) Hope and wisdom.
(d) Animals and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
2. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
3. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
4. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
5. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)