Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
(a) A harvest festival.
(b) A moon festival.
(c) A religious rite.
(d) A bacchanal rite.
2. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
(a) At the statue.
(b) At the steps.
(c) At the altar.
(d) At the table.
3. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
5. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
(a) A cave.
(b) A beach.
(c) A river.
(d) A mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
2. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
3. "The Bacchants": What kind of wreaths do the followers of Dionysus wear?
4. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's main characteristic?
5. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)