Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(b) The general.
(d) Creon's manservant.
2. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(b) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
(c) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(d) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
3. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The handmaiden.
(b) The butler.
(c) The gardener.
(d) The cook.
4. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's grandson.
(b) Phaedra's uncle.
(c) Phaedra's stepson.
(d) Phaedra's nephew.
5. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
2. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
3. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
4. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
5. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)