|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells Iphigenia that there are two strangers in their land?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
(a) No pain.
(b) No pleasure.
(c) No sadness.
(d) No loss.
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Once they are on the ship, what does the sea do?
(a) Captures Iphigenia.
(b) Swallows the passengers.
(c) Swallows the ship.
(d) Kills Orestes.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": How is Creusa supposed to kill Xuthus and Ion?
2. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
3. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
4. "Ion": Apollo orders Hermes to go to Athens. Where is he to bring the baby boy?
5. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)