|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
2. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
3. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(a) Committing suicide.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
5. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's uncle.
(b) Phaedra's nephew.
(c) Phaedra's grandson.
(d) Phaedra's stepson.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
2. "Ion": Apollo orders Hermes to go to Athens. Where is he to bring the baby boy?
3. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
4. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
5. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)