|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Food and prosperity.
(b) Virginity and chastity.
(c) Animals and children.
(d) Hope and wisdom.
2. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
3. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
4. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
(a) An ark.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A bassinet.
(d) A basket.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
2. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
3. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
4. "Ion": How many races will Ion's descendants span according to the goddess?
5. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)