|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
2. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
3. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
(a) Some of her possessions.
(b) Some jewelry.
(c) A letter.
(d) Some gold.
4. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her handmaiden.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her cook.
(d) Her nurse.
5. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
(a) A beach.
(b) A cave.
(c) A river.
(d) A mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
2. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
4. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
5. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)