|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
2. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is asleep.
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
4. "Ion": What condition do Xuthus and Creusa travel to the oracle to cure?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Once they are on the ship, what does the sea do?
(a) Captures Iphigenia.
(b) Kills Orestes.
(c) Swallows the ship.
(d) Swallows the passengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
4. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
5. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)