|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
(a) A harvest festival.
(b) A bacchanal rite.
(c) A religious rite.
(d) A moon festival.
2. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
4. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
5. "Ion": How many races will Ion's descendants span according to the goddess?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
3. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
5. "Ion": At the beginning of the play, what action of Apollo's does Hermes describe?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)