|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A friend.
(c) An attendant.
(d) A commoner.
2. "Ion": How is Xuthus described?
(a) A non-Athenian.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A barbarian.
(d) A learned man.
3. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) The slave.
(b) The handmaiden.
(c) The servant.
(d) The retainer.
4. "Ion": Apollo orders Hermes to go to Athens. Where is he to bring the baby boy?
(a) To Damascus.
(b) To Sparta.
(c) To Delphi.
(d) To Corinth.
5. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(b) Committing suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
2. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
5. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)