|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
(a) Plant sacrifice.
(b) Animal sacrifice.
(c) Human sacrifice.
(d) Food sacrifice.
2. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's nephew.
(b) Phaedra's uncle.
(c) Phaedra's grandson.
(d) Phaedra's stepson.
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What rank does Iphigenia hold as a priestess?
(a) Novice priestess.
(b) Under priestess.
(c) Head priestess.
(d) Servant priestess.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells Iphigenia that there are two strangers in their land?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
3. "Ion": What condition do Xuthus and Creusa travel to the oracle to cure?
4. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
5. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)