|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": At the beginning of the play, what action of Apollo's does Hermes describe?
(a) Waging war.
(d) Playing the lyre.
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The river.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The lake.
3. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
(a) At the house.
(b) At the temple.
(c) At the cliffs.
(d) On the road.
4. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
(a) He will not worship her.
(b) He will not love her.
(c) He will not talk to her.
(d) He will not build her a temple.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": In Iphigenia's dream, what do Orestes and Pylades try to take from the temple?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
4. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
5. "Ion": How is Xuthus described?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)