|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
2. "Ion": How is Xuthus described?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A non-Athenian.
(c) A barbarian.
(d) A learned man.
3. "Ion": How many races will Ion's descendants span according to the goddess?
4. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
5. "Ion": Apollo orders Hermes to go to Athens. Where is he to bring the baby boy?
(a) To Damascus.
(b) To Corinth.
(c) To Sparta.
(d) To Delphi.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
2. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
3. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
4. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
5. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)