|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
2. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
(a) The priestess.
3. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is asleep.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
(a) The lake.
(b) The river.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The mountains.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
(a) Animal sacrifice.
(b) Plant sacrifice.
(c) Human sacrifice.
(d) Food sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
2. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
3. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
4. "Ion": Who tells Creusa that she will never have a child with Xuthus?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": In Iphigenia's dream, what do Orestes and Pylades try to take from the temple?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)