|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Once they are on the ship, what does the sea do?
(a) Captures Iphigenia.
(b) Swallows the passengers.
(c) Kills Orestes.
(d) Swallows the ship.
2. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
3. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
4. "Ion": Apollo orders Hermes to go to Athens. Where is he to bring the baby boy?
(a) To Damascus.
(b) To Sparta.
(c) To Corinth.
(d) To Delphi.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells Iphigenia that there are two strangers in their land?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
2. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
3. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
4. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
5. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)