|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
(a) A bacchanal rite.
(b) A religious rite.
(c) A moon festival.
(d) A harvest festival.
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) The Riacans.
(c) The Erinyes.
(d) The Descpartians.
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
4. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Virginity and chastity.
(b) Hope and wisdom.
(c) Food and prosperity.
(d) Animals and children.
5. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(b) Committing suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
2. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What rank does Iphigenia hold as a priestess?
4. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)