|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
2. "Ion": Who tells Creusa that she will never have a child with Xuthus?
(a) The priestess.
(b) The oracle.
(c) The god.
(d) The chorus.
3. "Ion": At the beginning of the play, what action of Apollo's does Hermes describe?
(b) Waging war.
(c) Playing the lyre.
4. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
2. "Ion": What does Xuthus do before seeing the oracle?
3. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
5. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)