|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": How is Creusa supposed to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) With a horse.
(b) With poison.
(c) With a sword.
(d) With an accident.
2. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
(a) An ark.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A bassinet.
(d) A basket.
3. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Virginity and chastity.
(b) Animals and children.
(c) Hope and wisdom.
(d) Food and prosperity.
4. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
5. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
(a) A moon festival.
(b) A bacchanal rite.
(c) A religious rite.
(d) A harvest festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
2. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Once they are on the ship, what does the sea do?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)