|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) The servant.
(b) The retainer.
(c) The slave.
(d) The handmaiden.
2. "Ion": At the beginning of the play, what action of Apollo's does Hermes describe?
(a) Playing the lyre.
(d) Waging war.
3. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's uncle.
(b) Phaedra's stepson.
(c) Phaedra's nephew.
(d) Phaedra's grandson.
4. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
5. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is shameful.
(b) That it is impossible.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) That it is not her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
2. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)