|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
(a) At the cliffs.
(b) At the house.
(c) On the road.
(d) At the temple.
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What rank does Iphigenia hold as a priestess?
(a) Servant priestess.
(b) Under priestess.
(c) Head priestess.
(d) Novice priestess.
3. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
(a) A cave.
(b) A river.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A beach.
4. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
(a) In Sicily.
(b) In Athens.
(c) In Macedonia.
(d) In Sparta.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
(a) For secret rites.
(b) To worship with it.
(c) To shine it.
(d) To cleanse it.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
3. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells the king of Iphigenia's deceit?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)