|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
(a) No pain.
(b) No loss.
(c) No pleasure.
(d) No sadness.
2. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
3. "Ion": How is Creusa supposed to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) With poison.
(b) With an accident.
(c) With a horse.
(d) With a sword.
4. "Ion": Apollo orders Hermes to go to Athens. Where is he to bring the baby boy?
(a) To Delphi.
(b) To Sparta.
(c) To Corinth.
(d) To Damascus.
5. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
(a) On the road.
(b) At the house.
(c) At the cliffs.
(d) At the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
4. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
5. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)