|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
(a) Some jewelry.
(b) Some gold.
(c) A letter.
(d) Some of her possessions.
2. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
(a) At the steps.
(b) At the statue.
(c) At the table.
(d) At the altar.
3. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
4. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) The slave.
(b) The handmaiden.
(c) The retainer.
(d) The servant.
5. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
(a) In Macedonia.
(b) In Sicily.
(c) In Sparta.
(d) In Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
3. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
4. "Ion": Apollo orders Hermes to go to Athens. Where is he to bring the baby boy?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)