One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
(d) The priestess.
2. "Ion": How is Xuthus described?
(a) A learned man.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A barbarian.
(d) A non-Athenian.
3. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
(a) Plant sacrifice.
(b) Human sacrifice.
(c) Animal sacrifice.
(d) Food sacrifice.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
2. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
5. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)