Celia Rees Writing Styles in Witch Child

Celia Rees
This Study Guide consists of approximately 50 pages of chapter summaries, quotes, character analysis, themes, and more - everything you need to sharpen your knowledge of Witch Child.
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 4 pages at 400 words per page)
Buy the Witch Child Study Guide

Point of View

This novel is written using a first-person and limited point of view. The point of view is also reliable and this is all proven by the fact that the narrator, Mary, does not have access to others' thoughts and emotions, though she shares her own freely. This is appropriate as the novel is written as a journal. Mary also knows what she witnesses, and she is very astute, presumably because of her powers as a witch. This is important since Mary often predicts impending events, and this serves as evidence of her powers. Additionally, the point of view is useful as it allows the novel to focus on Mary's experiences.

The novel is written using about 75% exposition with the remaining 25% being dialogue. This distribution is useful as it allows the focus to remain on Mary's experiences and thoughts, while the dialogue serves primarily to prove her...

(read more)

This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 4 pages at 400 words per page)
Buy the Witch Child Study Guide
Copyrights
BookRags
Witch Child from BookRags. (c)2016 BookRags, Inc. All rights reserved.
Follow Us on Facebook