Compare & Contrast Walker Brothers Cowboy by Alice Munro

This Study Guide consists of approximately 54 pages of chapter summaries, quotes, character analysis, themes, and more - everything you need to sharpen your knowledge of Walker Brothers Cowboy.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 400 words per page)
Buy the Walker Brothers Cowboy Study Guide

1920s: In the decade before the depression, Canadian society is almost equally split between urban and rural. About 4.4 million people live in rural surroundings while about 4.3 million people live in urban communities. Agricultural production equals about $ 1.4 billion (Canadian) per year, and industrial production accounts for about $2.7 billion (Canadian) per year.

1990s: The Canadian population is essentially urban. 76.6 percent of the population lives in urban communities while the remaining 23.4 percent live in rural surroundings. Agriculture accounts for only 2 percent of the gross national product, and manufacturing accounts for 17 percent.

1930s: In 1929, until the crash of the New York stock market, Canada sold 40 percent of its exports to the United States. By 1931, the United States has reduced imports from Canada to one third of the pre-Depression total.

1990s: By the late 1990s, Canada is exporting $195 billion (Canadian) of goods a year. Canada's major trading partners are the United States...

(read more from the Compare & Contrast section)

This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 400 words per page)
Buy the Walker Brothers Cowboy Study Guide
Copyrights
Short Stories for Students
Walker Brothers Cowboy from Short Stories for Students. ©2005-2006 Thomson Gale, a part of the Thomson Corporation. All rights reserved.