Forgot your password?  

Research Article: Hungary

This encyclopedia article consists of approximately 9 pages of information about Hungary.
This section contains 2,590 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)
Purchase our Hungary Encyclopedia Article

Hungary

Hungary is a landlocked country located in East-Central Europe bordered by Austria on the west, Slovakia on the north, Ukraine on the northeast, Romania on the east, and Serbia and Montenegro, Croatia, and Slovenia on the south. Hungary's total land area is 57,809 square miles. The capital of Hungary is Budapest, which is the largest city in the country with a population of about 2 million people.

In 2003, the total population of Hungary was estimated at approximately 10.1 million. Hungary is predominantly homogeneous: Approximately 90 percent of the population are Hungarian. The remaining 10 percent are Romani (gypsies), German, Serb, Slovak, Romanian, Armenian, and other ethnicities. About 67.5 percent of Hungarians are Roman Catholic, 20 percent Calvinist, 5 percent Lutheran, and 7.5 percent other faiths.

Brief History

The Hungarian Kingdom was first established under Szent István (977–1038; Stephen I) in C.E. 1000. In 1541 Ottoman Turks occupied parts of the Hungarian Kingdom, but...

(read more)

This section contains 2,590 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)
Purchase our Hungary Encyclopedia Article
Follow Us on Facebook