|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice do when Henry tells her he is dropping out of the appeal?
2. When the guard calls out their numbers, what do the boys call out?
3. Della is the first witness called by whom?
4. According to El Pachuco, what happens to a Mexican once he is in jail?
5. What does Henry propose to Della while they are walking?
Essay Topic 1
What is foreshadowing? How is it used in the play? Is it effective? Why or why not? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of stripping El Pachuco and Rudy of their zoot suits? What is the significance of the characters' reactions to the stripping? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play to support your answer, discuss whether this play supports the idea that there is power inside every individual that is greater than the power of any human institution. Why or why not?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)