|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry propose to Della while they are walking?
2. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
3. Who does Henry have a last moment with before being led off after the verdict?
4. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
5. Every objection George makes during the trial is what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Della and Alice represent the different sides and pulls on Henry? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
How are the characters of Henry and El Pachuco similar and different? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of stripping El Pachuco and Rudy of their zoot suits? What is the significance of the characters' reactions to the stripping? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)