|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The actors who play the Press also play what role?
2. The scenes with the riots show what happens when the other side of what explodes?
3. What type of technique is used to make Henry's trial a joke?
4. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
5. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of two of the following ideas in the play and use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of stripping El Pachuco and Rudy of their zoot suits? What is the significance of the characters' reactions to the stripping? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play to support your answer, discuss whether this play supports the idea that there is power inside every individual that is greater than the power of any human institution. Why or why not?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)