|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
2. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
3. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
4. What does Henry do after El Pachuco fades into the shadows with his arms risen at the end of Act 2, scene 6?
5. In Tommy's letters, he insists that he is as ________ as the Chicanos of the gang.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play, explain how El Pachuco functions as Henry's conscience.
Essay Topic 2
How is the play a metaphor for all racial prejudice, not just that against the Chicanos? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three different narration techniques used in describing the riots? Are they effective? Why or why not? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)