|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
2. What element of the play is closed at the end of Act 1?
3. What good news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
4. El Pachuco tells Henry that everything was a joke and then does what?
5. What word best describes El Pachuco's attitude towards white people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author continue the play past the happy ending point? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play to support your answer, discuss whether this play supports the idea that there is power inside every individual that is greater than the power of any human institution. Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play, explain how El Pachuco functions as Henry's conscience.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)