|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
2. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
3. In what Act and scene does the Judge give the verdict?
4. What is the name for a break in court proceedings?
5. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the message the play is communicating? Is this play effective at communicating its message? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is foreshadowing? How is it used in the play? Is it effective? Why or why not? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of the character of the Press to the play? What function does the Press serve? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)