|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. George insists that the Prosecution has only proved what?
2. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, shows that he is what?
3. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
4. How does Henry react to George and Alice's actions during the break in the court proceedings?
5. On how many counts are the defendants found guilty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made the trial against Henry and the gang a joke? Why is it important to the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of stripping El Pachuco and Rudy of their zoot suits? What is the significance of the characters' reactions to the stripping? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What is a zoot suit, what does it represent, and what does giving it up represent? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)