|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it suggest that the Press plays the prosecution?
2. How does Henry react to George and Alice's actions during the break in the court proceedings?
3. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
4. According to El Pachuco, what happens to a Mexican once he is in jail?
5. Della is the first witness called by whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Della and Alice represent the different sides and pulls on Henry? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
How are the characters of Henry and El Pachuco similar and different? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of stripping El Pachuco and Rudy of their zoot suits? What is the significance of the characters' reactions to the stripping? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)