|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, suggests that clothes do not what?
2. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
3. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
4. Henry asks Alice to pass along his love for whom?
5. El Pachuco tells Henry that everything was a joke and then does what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the message the play is communicating? Is this play effective at communicating its message? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What are the three different narration techniques used in describing the riots? Are they effective? Why or why not? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is satire and how is it used in the play? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)