|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On how many counts are the defendants found guilty?
2. According to El Pachuco, what happens to a Mexican once he is in jail?
3. What element of the play is closed at the end of Act 1?
4. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
5. What does Henry propose to Della while they are walking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of two of the following ideas in the play and use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are the three different narration techniques used in describing the riots? Are they effective? Why or why not? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is foreshadowing? How is it used in the play? Is it effective? Why or why not? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)