|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
2. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
3. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
4. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
5. In what Act and scene does the Judge give the verdict?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Why does the author continue the play past the happy ending point? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2What is a preconception? What role do preconceptions have in the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3What is satire and how is it used in the play? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)