|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for a break in court proceedings?
2. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
3. The Prosecution says Henry and his friends aren't only guilty of the crime, but are also guilty of what?
4. Henry's confrontation with the guard and El Pachuco reveal the depth of his what?
5. What bad news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play to support your answer, discuss whether this play supports the idea that there is power inside every individual that is greater than the power of any human institution. Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of the character of the Press to the play? What function does the Press serve? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
How is the play a metaphor for all racial prejudice, not just that against the Chicanos? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)