|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry's confrontation with the guard and El Pachuco reveal the depth of his what?
2. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
3. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
4. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
5. The military members say they attacked the others because they were staying home and wearing expensive clothes while what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made the trial against Henry and the gang a joke? Why is it important to the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play, explain how the tension between whites and Chicanos is shown and what effect this tension has on the play.
Essay Topic 3
What is a zoot suit, what does it represent, and what does giving it up represent? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)