|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
2. The scenes with the riots show what happens when the other side of what explodes?
3. What bad news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
4. What is George not allowed to do with his clients during the trial?
5. In Act 2, scene 6, who gives commentary on the narration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made the trial against Henry and the gang a joke? Why is it important to the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is a preconception? What role do preconceptions have in the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the techniques normally used in movies that the author uses in the play? Are these techniques effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)