|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
2. When the guard calls out their numbers, what do the boys call out?
3. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
4. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
5. The military members say they attacked the others because they were staying home and wearing expensive clothes while what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play, explain how El Pachuco functions as Henry's conscience.
Essay Topic 2
What is the message the play is communicating? Is this play effective at communicating its message? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play, explain how the tension between whites and Chicanos is shown and what effect this tension has on the play.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)