|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
2. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
3. On how many counts are the defendants found guilty?
4. Who beats up Henry when he tries to run down Rafas?
5. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does El Pachuco describe the "Pachuco" at the beginning of the play? How does the play show that this description is true? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is foreshadowing? How is it used in the play? Is it effective? Why or why not? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three different narration techniques used in describing the riots? Are they effective? Why or why not? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)