|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2 Henry is confronted with the notion that he is what as both an individual and as a member of the Chicano community?
2. What word best describes El Pachuco's attitude towards white people?
3. Della is the first witness called by whom?
4. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
5. At the end of Act 2, scene 5, El Pachuco takes the audience where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of the character of the Press to the play? What function does the Press serve? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is foreshadowing? How is it used in the play? Is it effective? Why or why not? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is satire and how is it used in the play? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)