|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
2. What does it suggest that the Press plays the prosecution?
3. What element of the play is closed at the end of Act 1?
4. At the end of Act 2, scene 5, El Pachuco takes the audience where?
5. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the play a metaphor for all racial prejudice, not just that against the Chicanos? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How are the characters of Henry and El Pachuco similar and different? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of stripping El Pachuco and Rudy of their zoot suits? What is the significance of the characters' reactions to the stripping? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)