|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What element of the play is closed at the end of Act 1?
2. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
3. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
4. What good news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
5. Henry asks Alice to pass along his love for whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a preconception? What role do preconceptions have in the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is satire and how is it used in the play? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is a zoot suit, what does it represent, and what does giving it up represent? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)