|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
2. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
3. What do the military members do to El Pachuco on the night of the riots?
4. What is emerging between the boys and George and Alice in the beginning of Act 2?
5. According to El Pachuco, what happens to a Mexican once he is in jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Della and Alice represent the different sides and pulls on Henry? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
How does El Pachuco describe the "Pachuco" at the beginning of the play? How does the play show that this description is true? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What is the message the play is communicating? Is this play effective at communicating its message? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)