|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
2. Who does Henry have a last moment with before being led off after the verdict?
3. Henry asks Alice to pass along his love for whom?
4. Who beats up Henry when he tries to run down Rafas?
5. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of stripping El Pachuco and Rudy of their zoot suits? What is the significance of the characters' reactions to the stripping? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
How is the play a metaphor for all racial prejudice, not just that against the Chicanos? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is foreshadowing? How is it used in the play? Is it effective? Why or why not? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)