Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is El Pachuco?
2. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
3. What is the name of Henry's mother?
4. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
5. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it shown that the gang doesn't trust white people during Act 1, scene 6?
2. Why does Alice identify with the situation the pachucos are in?
3. What is the comparison the author draws between the war and the trial?
4. How does Edwards behave like a politician?
5. What do the sailors do to El Pachuco at the riots?
6. What does it mean that Henry begins to listen to El Pachuco in Act 1, scene 7?
7. What clear message is the audience left with after viewing the trial of Henry and the gang members?
8. Why is Henry torn about trusting George and Alice?
9. What is the basis for this play?
10. What do the dual roles of the Press and Edwards suggest?
What made the trial against Henry and the gang a joke? Why is it important to the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
How is the play a metaphor for all racial prejudice, not just that against the Chicanos? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
What are some of the techniques normally used in movies that the author uses in the play? Are these techniques effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)