|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
2. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
3. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
4. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
5. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Alice and George represent?
2. Who is George Shearer?
3. What are some of the differences between the first image the audience sees of the dance and the second time the dance scene appears?
4. Why is Henry torn about trusting George and Alice?
5. What news does George give the boys when he visits them in jail?
6. According to Della, why did the people at the party attack the pachucos?
7. What does Henry's choice between the two women symbolize?
8. What is the powerful pachuco dream?
9. What does El Pachuco say after the verdict is handed down?
10. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's desire to join the Army is ridiculous?
Essay Topic 1
What are the three different narration techniques used in describing the riots? Are they effective? Why or why not? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play, explain how the tension between whites and Chicanos is shown and what effect this tension has on the play.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author continue the play past the happy ending point? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)