|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
2. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
3. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
4. Who observes the police raid in the barrio?
5. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry refuse his mother's request that he change out of his zoot suit?
2. Why is Henry pleased by Alice's reaction when he tells her that he is dropping out of the appeal?
3. What do the sailors do to El Pachuco at the riots?
4. In Act 1, scene 2, what does the character of the Press represent?
5. What do Edwards and Smith do when trying to get information out of Henry?
6. According to Della, why did the people at the party attack the pachucos?
7. How does Edwards behave like a politician?
8. Why does George stop the fighting between the brothers?
9. What does Edwards say in his press conference?
10. What is the comparison the author draws between the war and the trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What is the message the play is communicating? Is this play effective at communicating its message? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2How do Della and Alice represent the different sides and pulls on Henry? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3How does El Pachuco describe the "Pachuco" at the beginning of the play? How does the play show that this description is true? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)