|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
2. What is Henry going to learn the extent of in the courtroom?
3. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
4. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
5. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 1, scene 7 use movie techniques to tell the story of the play?
2. What happens when Henry sees Della after his release from prison?
3. What happens the night of the Zoot Suit Riots?
4. What does the word "pachuco" mean?
5. Why are Dolores and Enrique proud of their sons, and how do they express it?
6. How is it shown that the gang doesn't trust white people during Act 1, scene 6?
7. What does the story of Rudy being stripped of his zoot suit represent?
8. What is the comparison the author draws between the war and the trial?
9. What does El Pachuco say after the verdict is handed down?
10. Why is Henry torn about trusting George and Alice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the three different narration techniques used in describing the riots? Are they effective? Why or why not? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is foreshadowing? How is it used in the play? Is it effective? Why or why not? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does El Pachuco describe the "Pachuco" at the beginning of the play? How does the play show that this description is true? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)