|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry put his knife?
2. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
3. Who is El Pachuco?
4. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
5. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Edwards and Smith do when trying to get information out of Henry?
2. How is the story told in Act 2, scene 7?
3. In Act 1, scene 2, what does the character of the Press represent?
4. What does Edwards say in his press conference?
5. What does Henry think the police are going to do to him?
6. What is happening during Act 1, scene 1?
7. What do the different endings presented about Henry's life symbolize?
8. What happens when Henry sees Della after his release from prison?
9. What is finally revealed at the end of Act 1?
10. Why is Henry torn about trusting George and Alice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the three different narration techniques used in describing the riots? Are they effective? Why or why not? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play, explain how the tension between whites and Chicanos is shown and what effect this tension has on the play.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the techniques normally used in movies that the author uses in the play? Are these techniques effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)