|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to El Pachuco, what do people think Henry is?
2. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
3. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
4. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
5. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Della and Henry doing at the beginning of Della's story about the Sleepy Lagoon murders?
2. Who is Alice?
3. What does Act 1, scene 9 remind the audience about trials?
4. What happens the night of the Zoot Suit Riots?
5. When George tells the boys he is leaving, what does he struggle to convince them?
6. What news does George give the boys when he visits them in jail?
7. What is the basis for this play?
8. Why does George stop the fighting between the brothers?
9. Why is Henry torn about trusting George and Alice?
10. What does Edwards say in his press conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Della and Alice represent the different sides and pulls on Henry? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is satire and how is it used in the play? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What made the trial against Henry and the gang a joke? Why is it important to the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)