|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What race is Tommy?
2. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
3. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
4. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
5. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does El Pachuco remind Henry of, when Henry has his blade against Rafas' neck?
2. When George tells the boys he is leaving, what does he struggle to convince them?
3. Why does Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco?
4. Who is George Shearer?
5. What news does George give the boys when he visits them in jail?
6. What does El Pachuco say after the verdict is handed down?
7. Why is Henry pleased by Alice's reaction when he tells her that he is dropping out of the appeal?
8. What is happening in Act 1, scene 11?
9. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's desire to join the Army is ridiculous?
10. What happens the night of the Zoot Suit Riots?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of stripping El Pachuco and Rudy of their zoot suits? What is the significance of the characters' reactions to the stripping? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is prejudice and how is it central to the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author continue the play past the happy ending point? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)