|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco says Henry should stay and fight a war in his hometown against what?
2. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
3. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
4. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
5. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does George give the boys when he visits them in jail?
2. Why is Henry pleased by Alice's reaction when he tells her that he is dropping out of the appeal?
3. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's desire to join the Army is ridiculous?
4. What does Edwards say in his press conference?
5. What does El Pachuco say as Alice leaves her first meeting with Henry in prison?
6. According to Della, why did the people at the party attack the pachucos?
7. What do the dual roles of the Press and Edwards suggest?
8. What is the issue with the clothing for the boys before their trial?
9. Why are Dolores and Enrique proud of their sons, and how do they express it?
10. What do Edwards and Smith do when trying to get information out of Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does El Pachuco describe the "Pachuco" at the beginning of the play? How does the play show that this description is true? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author continue the play past the happy ending point? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What made the trial against Henry and the gang a joke? Why is it important to the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)