|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
(a) An update on his family.
(b) An update on their appeal.
(c) A care package.
(d) A private meeting.
2. In Tommy's letters, he insists that he is as ________ as the Chicanos of the gang.
3. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
(a) A re-trial.
(b) A reversal.
(c) A mis-trial.
(d) An appeal.
4. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
(a) They hate Henry.
(b) They hate poor people.
(c) They don't like Chicanos.
(d) They think they are the Downeys.
5. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
(a) Make Chicanos fit in with Americans.
(b) Leave Chicanos with nothing.
(c) Strip Chicanos of their identity.
(d) Make Chicanos fight for America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do when the guard comes in with new and more difficult work assignments?
2. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
3. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
4. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, shows that he is what?
5. What good news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)