|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element of the play is closed at the end of Act 1?
(a) The mystery of Sleepy Hollow.
(b) The mystery of Sleepy Lagoon.
(c) The mystery of Sleepy Cove.
(d) The mystery of Sleepy River.
2. Who does Henry have a last moment with before being led off after the verdict?
3. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
(a) A reversal.
(b) A mis-trial.
(c) A re-trial.
(d) An appeal.
4. What bad news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
(a) He's moving.
(b) He has to drop their case.
(c) He's being drafted.
(d) He's no longer a lawyer.
5. When the guard calls out their numbers, what do the boys call out?
(a) Their numbers.
(b) That they are present.
(c) Their cell numbers.
(d) Their names.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry's confrontation with the guard and El Pachuco reveal the depth of his what?
2. What do Della and Henry hear after Della accepts Henry's proposal?
3. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
4. What word best describes El Pachuco's attitude towards white people?
5. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)