|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
(a) His ambitions.
(b) The outside world.
(c) His family.
2. What does it suggest that the Press plays the prosecution?
(a) That the press is influencing public perception of the Chicanos.
(b) That someone other than the justice system is creating prejudice.
(c) That the press is influencing the jury in the trial.
(d) That someone other than the justice system is trying the gang.
3. In Act 2, scene 6, who gives commentary on the narration?
(c) El Pachuco.
4. In Tommy's letters, he insists that he is as ________ as the Chicanos of the gang.
5. The guard beats Henry up and then does what?
(a) Throws him into solitary confinement.
(b) Locks him in a closet.
(c) Throws him in a cell with others.
(d) Takes him to the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is emerging between the boys and George and Alice in the beginning of Act 2?
2. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
3. What do the military members do to El Pachuco on the night of the riots?
4. Who beats up Henry when he tries to run down Rafas?
5. What does Henry say to George when George leaves the boys after their trial?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)