|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
(a) The night of the riots.
(b) The night of the Sleepy Hollow murder.
(c) The night of the murder at the dance.
(d) The night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder.
2. In Act 2 Henry is confronted with the notion that he is what as both an individual and as a member of the Chicano community?
3. What does El Pachuco tell Henry that the guard did?
(a) Behaved like a guard.
(b) Hated Chicanos.
(c) Set him up.
(d) Behaved like a white man.
4. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
(b) His family.
(c) The outside world.
(d) His ambitions.
5. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
(a) Comfort him.
(b) Get him new clothes.
(c) Get him to relax.
(d) Reassure him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
2. In Tommy's letters, he insists that he is as ________ as the Chicanos of the gang.
3. What is the last thing that happens before the jury deliberates?
4. On how many counts are the defendants found guilty?
5. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)