|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the guard calls out their numbers, what do the boys call out?
(a) Their names.
(b) That they are present.
(c) Their numbers.
(d) Their cell numbers.
2. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The persecution.
(b) The action.
(c) The growth of various relationships.
(d) The setting.
3. The Prosecution says Henry and his friends aren't only guilty of the crime, but are also guilty of what?
(a) No belonging in society.
(b) Taking the money of whites.
(c) Trying to destroy society.
(d) Being a menace to society.
4. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
(a) Set Henry and the others free.
(b) Get to the truth of the matter.
(c) Put the guilty people in jail.
(d) Railroad Henry and the others.
5. What word best describes El Pachuco's attitude towards white people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who beats up Henry when he tries to run down Rafas?
2. In Act 1, scene 10, Henry and Della are strolling where?
3. On how many counts are the defendants found guilty?
4. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
5. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)