|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do when the guard comes in with new and more difficult work assignments?
(a) Asks for reassignment.
(b) Beats the guard up.
(c) Gives in.
2. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
(a) They hate Henry.
(b) They think they are the Downeys.
(c) They hate poor people.
(d) They don't like Chicanos.
3. What word best describes El Pachuco's attitude towards white people?
4. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
(a) The night of the riots.
(b) The night of the Sleepy Hollow murder.
(c) The night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder.
(d) The night of the murder at the dance.
5. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The action.
(b) The persecution.
(c) The growth of various relationships.
(d) The setting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
2. After the Judge sends the Jury to deliberate, what does El Pachuco do to bring the jury back?
3. In Act 2, scene 6, who gives commentary on the narration?
4. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
5. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)