|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
(a) Railroad Henry and the others.
(b) Put the guilty people in jail.
(c) Get to the truth of the matter.
(d) Set Henry and the others free.
2. Henry asks Alice to pass along his love for whom?
(b) His mother.
(c) His family.
(d) His brother.
3. How does Act 2 start?
(a) With a prologue.
(b) With scene 1.
(c) With the families of the gang members.
(d) With the riots.
4. The Prosecution says Henry and his friends aren't only guilty of the crime, but are also guilty of what?
(a) Trying to destroy society.
(b) No belonging in society.
(c) Being a menace to society.
(d) Taking the money of whites.
5. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
(a) A mis-trial.
(b) A re-trial.
(c) An appeal.
(d) A reversal.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
2. What good news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
3. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
4. In Act 2, scene 6, who gives commentary on the narration?
5. In Act 2 Henry is confronted with the notion that he is what as both an individual and as a member of the Chicano community?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)