|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
2. Every objection George makes during the trial is what?
(b) Thrown out.
3. What is the last thing that happens before the jury deliberates?
(a) A listing of the crimes.
(b) Cloture statements.
(c) A reiteration of the facts.
(d) Closing statements.
4. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
(a) Set Henry and the others free.
(b) Put the guilty people in jail.
(c) Get to the truth of the matter.
(d) Railroad Henry and the others.
5. The military members say they attacked the others because they were staying home and wearing expensive clothes while what?
(a) Real Americans were frugal.
(b) Real Americans fought.
(c) Real Americans supported the war effort.
(d) Real Americans rationed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
2. In Act 2 Henry is confronted with the notion that he is what as both an individual and as a member of the Chicano community?
3. What does Henry do when the guard comes in with new and more difficult work assignments?
4. In what Act and scene does the Judge give the verdict?
5. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)