|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
(a) They think they are the Downeys.
(b) They don't like Chicanos.
(c) They hate Henry.
(d) They hate poor people.
2. The military members say they attacked the others because they were staying home and wearing expensive clothes while what?
(a) Real Americans supported the war effort.
(b) Real Americans were frugal.
(c) Real Americans fought.
(d) Real Americans rationed.
3. According to El Pachuco, what happens to a Mexican once he is in jail?
(a) He lives in jail.
(b) He dies in jail.
(c) He stays in jail.
(d) He fights in jail.
4. What element of the play is closed at the end of Act 1?
(a) The mystery of Sleepy Hollow.
(b) The mystery of Sleepy River.
(c) The mystery of Sleepy Cove.
(d) The mystery of Sleepy Lagoon.
5. In Joey's letters the audience is able to see he is falling in love with whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
2. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
3. Who does Henry have a last moment with before being led off after the verdict?
4. The actors who play the Press also play what role?
5. In what Act and scene does the Judge give the verdict?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)