|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
(a) The 70s.
(b) The 40s.
(c) The 50s.
(d) The 20s.
2. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
(a) A frame-up.
(c) Shoddy investigative work.
3. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(b) Familial visits.
(d) Clean clothing.
4. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
5. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
2. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
3. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
4. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
5. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is finally revealed at the end of Act 1?
2. What do the sailors do to El Pachuco at the riots?
3. What does the word "pachuco" mean?
4. Why do the people present react badly to Joey appearing in a zoot suit?
5. What does the singing of El Pachuco suggest?
6. How is it shown that the gang doesn't trust white people during Act 1, scene 6?
7. Why do the sailors believe that the pachucos aren't real Americans?
8. Why does George stop the fighting between the brothers?
9. What is the powerful pachuco dream?
10. What happens at the trial that makes it clear Henry and the others are being railroaded?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)