|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
(a) The 70s.
(b) The 20s.
(c) The 40s.
(d) The 50s.
2. According to El Pachuco, why is Alice asking Henry questions?
(a) For her own purposes.
(b) To make herself look smart.
(c) To get herself ahead.
(d) Because she is biased.
3. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
(a) To protect his sister.
(b) To defend his brother.
(c) To defend his gang.
(d) To protect his honor.
4. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
(d) Middle Easterners.
5. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's father?
2. What race is Tommy?
3. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
4. El Pachuco says Henry should stay and fight a war in his hometown against what?
5. According to Alice, why is she asking Henry questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Henry pleased by Alice's reaction when he tells her that he is dropping out of the appeal?
2. How does Edwards behave like a politician?
3. What does El Pachuco do as the sailors leave the scene?
4. What does Act 1, scene 9 remind the audience about trials?
5. What do the different endings presented about Henry's life symbolize?
6. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's desire to join the Army is ridiculous?
7. What happens to get Henry thrown into solitary confinement?
8. What is the powerful pachuco dream?
9. According to Della, why did the people at the party attack the pachucos?
10. What happens after Della's testimony?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)