|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
(a) Set people up to accuse him.
(b) Make him commit another crime.
(c) Set him up on a phony charge.
(d) Charge him with a parole violation.
2. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
3. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
4. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
(c) The police.
(d) El Pachuco.
5. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
(b) His gang.
(c) His race.
(d) His community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
2. What is the name of Henry's mother?
3. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
4. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
5. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. When George tells the boys he is leaving, what does he struggle to convince them?
2. Why are Dolores and Enrique proud of their sons, and how do they express it?
3. What do the dual roles of the Press and Edwards suggest?
4. What do the sailors do to El Pachuco at the riots?
5. What is one reason that the author would have the play go on past Henry's release?
6. Who is Alice?
7. What is the comparison the author draws between the war and the trial?
8. How is it shown that the gang doesn't trust white people during Act 1, scene 6?
9. Why does Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco?
10. What happens at the trial that makes it clear Henry and the others are being railroaded?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)