|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 80s.
(b) In the 20s.
(c) In the 1800s.
2. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
(a) In a soliloquy.
(b) Through an aside.
(c) Through flashbacks.
(d) In a narrative.
3. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
(d) Middle Easterners.
4. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
5. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
(c) Commenting on the action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
2. According to the Press, how many members of Henry's gang are arrested?
3. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
4. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
5. What does the play begin with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry refuse his mother's request that he change out of his zoot suit?
2. What happens to get Henry thrown into solitary confinement?
3. What does El Pachuco tell Henry to do in order to survive solitary confinement?
4. In Act 1, scene 2, what does the character of the Press represent?
5. What does Lt. Edwards say about the mass lineup?
6. Why does George stop the fighting between the brothers?
7. What is happening in Act 1, scene 11?
8. How does Act 1, scene 7 use movie techniques to tell the story of the play?
9. What does the story of Rudy being stripped of his zoot suit represent?
10. What does Edwards say in his press conference?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)