Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is El Pachuco?
(a) The star of the play.
(b) The chorus.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The main character.
2. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
(a) Alice and George.
(b) The judge and the Press.
(c) The Press.
(d) The policemen.
3. What is the name of Henry's mother?
4. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) In the fairness of the courts.
(b) In his innocence.
(c) That their lives will be better.
(d) That they will get a fair trial.
5. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
2. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
3. What job does Alice say she has?
4. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
5. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it shown that the gang doesn't trust white people during Act 1, scene 6?
2. Why does Alice identify with the situation the pachucos are in?
3. What is the comparison the author draws between the war and the trial?
4. How does Edwards behave like a politician?
5. What do the sailors do to El Pachuco at the riots?
6. What does it mean that Henry begins to listen to El Pachuco in Act 1, scene 7?
7. What clear message is the audience left with after viewing the trial of Henry and the gang members?
8. Why is Henry torn about trusting George and Alice?
9. What is the basis for this play?
10. What do the dual roles of the Press and Edwards suggest?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)