|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
(a) Rosarita and Jose.
(b) Rafas and Ruby.
(c) Henry and El Pachuco.
(d) Della and Allison.
2. Who observes the police raid in the barrio?
(a) The lawyers.
(b) The press.
(d) The federal agents.
3. According to the Press, how many members of Henry's gang are arrested?
4. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) By El Pachuco.
(b) With a television reporter.
(c) With headlines.
(d) By George.
5. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
(c) El Pachuco.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
2. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
3. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
4. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
5. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does George give the boys when he visits them in jail?
2. What is the powerful pachuco dream?
3. What does Lt. Edwards say about the mass lineup?
4. How does El Pachuco describe himself in the first Act?
5. What does Henry think the police are going to do to him?
6. Why are Dolores and Enrique proud of their sons, and how do they express it?
7. What is happening in Act 1, scene 11?
8. What does El Pachuco remind Henry of, when Henry has his blade against Rafas' neck?
9. What clear message is the audience left with after viewing the trial of Henry and the gang members?
10. Who is Alice?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)