|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Alice say she has?
(a) Social activist.
(b) Public defender.
(d) Immigration lawyer.
2. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) To the news station.
(b) To the courtroom.
(c) To the newsroom.
(d) To the courthouse.
3. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
(b) AS a poster boy for injustice.
(c) To get ahead in the world.
(d) Their own purposes.
4. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
(a) Alice and George.
(b) The Press.
(c) The policemen.
(d) The judge and the Press.
5. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) In his innocence.
(b) That they will get a fair trial.
(c) That their lives will be better.
(d) In the fairness of the courts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
2. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
3. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
4. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
5. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the differences between the first image the audience sees of the dance and the second time the dance scene appears?
2. When George tells the boys he is leaving, what does he struggle to convince them?
3. How is the story told in Act 2, scene 7?
4. What does El Pachuco do as the sailors leave the scene?
5. Why are Dolores and Enrique proud of their sons, and how do they express it?
6. What does it mean that Henry begins to listen to El Pachuco in Act 1, scene 7?
7. Who do Alice and George represent?
8. What do the sailors do to El Pachuco at the riots?
9. What is the powerful pachuco dream?
10. What does the story of Rudy being stripped of his zoot suit represent?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)