|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
(a) A care package.
(b) Clean clothes.
(c) A letter.
2. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
(a) Rafas and Ruby.
(b) Della and Allison.
(c) Rosarita and Jose.
(d) Henry and El Pachuco.
3. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
(a) Intellectual leftists.
(b) Intellectual rightists.
(c) Intellectual social engagers.
(d) Intellectual conservatives.
4. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Shoves him.
(d) Punches him.
5. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) In jail.
(b) At a police station.
(c) In a courthouse.
(d) At a trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
2. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
3. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
4. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
5. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Dolores and Enrique proud of their sons, and how do they express it?
2. What does El Pachuco do as the sailors leave the scene?
3. What do the different endings presented about Henry's life symbolize?
4. How is the story told in Act 2, scene 7?
5. How does El Pachuco describe himself in the first Act?
6. Why is Henry torn about trusting George and Alice?
7. According to Della, why did the people at the party attack the pachucos?
8. What does Smiley write in his letters?
9. What clear message is the audience left with after viewing the trial of Henry and the gang members?
10. What are Della and Henry doing at the beginning of Della's story about the Sleepy Lagoon murders?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)