|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
(a) Middle Easterners.
2. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
(a) A mass trial.
(b) A media trial.
(c) A prejudiced trial.
(d) A rigged trial.
3. According to El Pachuco, why is Alice asking Henry questions?
(a) To get herself ahead.
(b) To make herself look smart.
(c) Because she is biased.
(d) For her own purposes.
4. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
(a) Ineffective in practice.
(b) Hard to accomplish in reality.
(c) Slow in practice.
(d) Not based in reality.
5. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
2. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
3. According to the Press, how many members of Henry's gang are arrested?
4. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
5. What was Rudy doing the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder that Henry was warned about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Alice and George represent?
2. What news does George give the boys when he visits them in jail?
3. When George tells the boys he is leaving, what does he struggle to convince them?
4. What is the issue with the clothing for the boys before their trial?
5. Why are Dolores and Enrique proud of their sons, and how do they express it?
6. Why does Henry refuse his mother's request that he change out of his zoot suit?
7. What is happening during Act 1, scene 1?
8. Why does Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco?
9. What role does Rudy play in Act 2, scene 8?
10. Why do the sailors believe that the pachucos aren't real Americans?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)