|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 20s.
(b) In the 1800s.
(d) In the 80s.
2. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
(a) The 20s.
(b) The 70s.
(c) The 50s.
(d) The 40s.
3. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
(a) A prejudiced trial.
(b) A mass trial.
(c) A rigged trial.
(d) A media trial.
4. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
(a) A letter.
(b) Clean clothes.
(c) A care package.
5. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
(a) To go into the Air Force.
(b) To go into the Navy.
(c) To go into the Marines.
(d) To go into the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
2. Where does Henry put his knife?
3. According to El Pachuco, what do people think Henry is?
4. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
5. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Alice and George represent?
2. What are Della and Henry doing at the beginning of Della's story about the Sleepy Lagoon murders?
3. What does Henry's choice between the two women symbolize?
4. What are some of the differences between the first image the audience sees of the dance and the second time the dance scene appears?
5. What does Lt. Edwards say about the mass lineup?
6. Who is George Shearer?
7. What does El Pachuco say as Alice leaves her first meeting with Henry in prison?
8. What foreshadows the difficult choice that Henry will have to make between Della and Alice?
9. What happens to get Henry thrown into solitary confinement?
10. What does El Pachuco say after the verdict is handed down?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)