Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
2. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
(a) To defend his brother.
(b) To protect his honor.
(c) To protect his sister.
(d) To defend his gang.
3. What was Rudy doing the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder that Henry was warned about?
(a) Doing drugs.
(b) Starting a fight.
(c) Wanting to fight.
(d) Drinking too much.
4. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
(a) To go into the Army.
(b) To go into the Marines.
(c) To go into the Air Force.
(d) To go into the Navy.
5. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) In the fairness of the courts.
(b) That their lives will be better.
(c) That they will get a fair trial.
(d) In his innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What race is Tommy?
2. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
3. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
4. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
5. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does El Pachuco say as Alice leaves her first meeting with Henry in prison?
2. What is the comparison the author draws between the war and the trial?
3. What does El Pachuco suggest that Henry do instead of joining the Army?
4. What does El Pachuco do as the sailors leave the scene?
5. What clear message is the audience left with after viewing the trial of Henry and the gang members?
6. What does Lt. Edwards say about the mass lineup?
7. What does Edwards say in his press conference?
8. What is happening during Act 1, scene 1?
9. What does Henry think the police are going to do to him?
10. Who do Alice and George represent?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)