|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
(a) To go into the Army.
(b) To go into the Air Force.
(c) To go into the Navy.
(d) To go into the Marines.
2. What is the name of Henry's mother?
3. According to Alice, why is she asking Henry questions?
(a) She wants to be his friend.
(b) She is George's assistant.
(c) She works for him.
(d) She pities him.
4. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
(a) Middle Easterners.
5. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
(a) The 70s.
(b) The 50s.
(c) The 20s.
(d) The 40s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
2. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
3. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
4. What is Henry going to learn the extent of in the courtroom?
5. Who observes the police raid in the barrio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry's choice between the two women symbolize?
2. According to Della, why did the people at the party attack the pachucos?
3. What is happening in Act 1, scene 11?
4. What role does Rudy play in Act 2, scene 8?
5. Why do the sailors believe that the pachucos aren't real Americans?
6. What does it mean that Henry begins to listen to El Pachuco in Act 1, scene 7?
7. What does El Pachuco say as Alice leaves her first meeting with Henry in prison?
8. Why does Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco?
9. What do the different endings presented about Henry's life symbolize?
10. What is the basis for this play?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)