|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry going to learn the extent of in the courtroom?
(a) The law.
(b) His actions.
2. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
(a) Sleepy River.
(b) Sleepy Cave.
(c) Sleepy Lagoon.
(d) Sleepy Cove.
3. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
(a) His gang.
(b) His community.
(c) His race.
4. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Rafas beats up Henry.
(b) When Henry beats up Rafas.
(c) When Henry lets Rafas go.
(d) When Rafas orders them to leave.
5. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
(a) To go into the Navy.
(b) To go into the Army.
(c) To go into the Marines.
(d) To go into the Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
2. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
3. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
4. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
5. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Henry sees Della after his release from prison?
2. What does El Pachuco say after the verdict is handed down?
3. What clear message is the audience left with after viewing the trial of Henry and the gang members?
4. Who is George Shearer?
5. What foreshadows the difficult choice that Henry will have to make between Della and Alice?
6. What does El Pachuco remind Henry of, when Henry has his blade against Rafas' neck?
7. What happens at the trial that makes it clear Henry and the others are being railroaded?
8. What do Edwards and Smith do when trying to get information out of Henry?
9. What does El Pachuco do as the sailors leave the scene?
10. What news does George give the boys when he visits them in jail?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)