|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
(d) Middle Easterners.
2. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
(b) Butcher knives.
3. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
(c) Give an aside.
4. What job does Alice say she has?
(b) Social activist.
(c) Public defender.
(d) Immigration lawyer.
5. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) Beat boxes.
(c) Car horns.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is a zoot suit cut?
2. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
3. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
4. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
5. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alice identify with the situation the pachucos are in?
2. When George tells the boys he is leaving, what does he struggle to convince them?
3. What does Act 1, scene 9 remind the audience about trials?
4. Who is Alice?
5. Why does George stop the fighting between the brothers?
6. What are Della and Henry doing at the beginning of Della's story about the Sleepy Lagoon murders?
7. What foreshadows the difficult choice that Henry will have to make between Della and Alice?
8. What does Lt. Edwards say about the mass lineup?
9. What is the basis for this play?
10. How is the story told in Act 2, scene 7?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)