|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
2. Where does Henry put his knife?
(a) At Rafas' throat.
(b) At Rafas' knee.
(c) At Rafas' arm.
(d) At Rafas' ear.
3. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Henry lets Rafas go.
(b) When Rafas orders them to leave.
(c) When Henry beats up Rafas.
(d) When Rafas beats up Henry.
4. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
(a) A media trial.
(b) A rigged trial.
(c) A mass trial.
(d) A prejudiced trial.
5. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
Short Answer Questions
1. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
2. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
3. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
4. What was Rudy doing the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder that Henry was warned about?
5. What job does Alice say she has?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 1, scene 7 use movie techniques to tell the story of the play?
2. In Act 1, scene 2, what does the character of the Press represent?
3. How does El Pachuco describe himself in the first Act?
4. What happens to get Henry thrown into solitary confinement?
5. Why does Alice identify with the situation the pachucos are in?
6. What happens when Henry sees Della after his release from prison?
7. What does the word "pachuco" mean?
8. What does the singing of El Pachuco suggest?
9. What do the sailors do to El Pachuco at the riots?
10. What does El Pachuco say as Alice leaves her first meeting with Henry in prison?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)