|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
2. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Rafas beats up Henry.
(b) When Rafas orders them to leave.
(c) When Henry lets Rafas go.
(d) When Henry beats up Rafas.
3. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
(a) His gang.
(b) His community.
(d) His race.
4. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) At a police station.
(b) In jail.
(c) In a courthouse.
(d) At a trial.
5. What does the play begin with?
(a) An explanation.
(b) An epilogue.
(c) An action sequence.
(d) A prologue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
2. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
3. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
4. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
5. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does George give the boys when he visits them in jail?
2. What does Act 1, scene 9 remind the audience about trials?
3. How does Act 1, scene 7 use movie techniques to tell the story of the play?
4. What do the sailors do to El Pachuco at the riots?
5. How does El Pachuco describe himself in the first Act?
6. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's desire to join the Army is ridiculous?
7. What does Lt. Edwards say about the mass lineup?
8. What role does Rudy play in Act 2, scene 8?
9. What do the different endings presented about Henry's life symbolize?
10. What does the singing of El Pachuco suggest?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)