|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
2. What is the name of Henry's mother?
3. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
4. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
(a) Charge him with a parole violation.
(b) Make him commit another crime.
(c) Set people up to accuse him.
(d) Set him up on a phony charge.
5. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
(a) The police.
(c) El Pachuco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
2. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
3. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
4. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
5. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does George stop the fighting between the brothers?
2. What does Henry think the police are going to do to him?
3. What does El Pachuco say as Alice leaves her first meeting with Henry in prison?
4. What is finally revealed at the end of Act 1?
5. What does Smiley write in his letters?
6. What happens after Della's testimony?
7. Who is Alice?
8. What does Act 1, scene 9 remind the audience about trials?
9. According to Della, why did the people at the party attack the pachucos?
10. Why are Dolores and Enrique proud of their sons, and how do they express it?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)