|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
(a) Intellectual leftists.
(b) Intellectual conservatives.
(c) Intellectual rightists.
(d) Intellectual social engagers.
2. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
3. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
4. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
5. What does the play begin with?
(a) An action sequence.
(b) An epilogue.
(c) A prologue.
(d) An explanation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Henry out of the line-up and throws him to the floor?
2. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
3. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
4. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
5. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the dual roles of the Press and Edwards suggest?
2. Why is Henry pleased by Alice's reaction when he tells her that he is dropping out of the appeal?
3. What role does Rudy play in Act 2, scene 8?
4. What news does George give the boys when he visits them in jail?
5. What are some of the differences between the first image the audience sees of the dance and the second time the dance scene appears?
6. What happens when Henry sees Della after his release from prison?
7. Why is Henry torn about trusting George and Alice?
8. What does the singing of El Pachuco suggest?
9. Why do the sailors believe that the pachucos aren't real Americans?
10. Why does George stop the fighting between the brothers?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)