|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
(a) In a narrative.
(b) Through an aside.
(c) Through flashbacks.
(d) In a soliloquy.
2. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
(a) Charge him with a parole violation.
(b) Set him up on a phony charge.
(c) Set people up to accuse him.
(d) Make him commit another crime.
3. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
(b) His gang.
(c) His community.
(d) His race.
4. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
(c) Butcher knives.
5. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
2. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
3. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
4. Who is El Pachuco?
5. Where does Henry put his knife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Alice?
2. Why are Dolores and Enrique proud of their sons, and how do they express it?
3. What happens to get Henry thrown into solitary confinement?
4. How does Edwards behave like a politician?
5. How is the story told in Act 2, scene 7?
6. What do the dual roles of the Press and Edwards suggest?
7. What does it mean that Henry begins to listen to El Pachuco in Act 1, scene 7?
8. What happens at the trial that makes it clear Henry and the others are being railroaded?
9. What is finally revealed at the end of Act 1?
10. Who do Alice and George represent?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)