|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
(a) The 50s.
(b) The 40s.
(c) The 70s.
(d) The 20s.
2. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
(a) A prejudiced trial.
(b) A media trial.
(c) A mass trial.
(d) A rigged trial.
3. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
4. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
(a) To go into the Navy.
(b) To go into the Marines.
(c) To go into the Army.
(d) To go into the Air Force.
5. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
2. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
3. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
4. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
5. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Henry torn about trusting George and Alice?
2. What is one reason that the author would have the play go on past Henry's release?
3. What is the issue with the clothing for the boys before their trial?
4. What is the basis for this play?
5. Why does Henry refuse his mother's request that he change out of his zoot suit?
6. What does El Pachuco tell Henry to do in order to survive solitary confinement?
7. What happens at the trial that makes it clear Henry and the others are being railroaded?
8. What happens when Henry sees Della after his release from prison?
9. What news does George give the boys when he visits them in jail?
10. What is finally revealed at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)