|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
(a) Honest cops.
(b) Hard-working cops.
(c) Lazy cops.
(d) Tough cops.
2. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(b) Pipe bombs.
(c) People's tempers.
3. According to El Pachuco, why is Alice asking Henry questions?
(a) Because she is biased.
(b) To make herself look smart.
(c) To get herself ahead.
(d) For her own purposes.
4. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
5. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Rafas orders them to leave.
(b) When Henry lets Rafas go.
(c) When Henry beats up Rafas.
(d) When Rafas beats up Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
2. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
3. El Pachuco says Henry should stay and fight a war in his hometown against what?
4. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
5. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, scene 2, what does the character of the Press represent?
2. What is one reason that the author would have the play go on past Henry's release?
3. Who do Alice and George represent?
4. What is the comparison the author draws between the war and the trial?
5. How does Edwards behave like a politician?
6. What does Edwards say in his press conference?
7. Why is Henry torn about trusting George and Alice?
8. What does El Pachuco remind Henry of, when Henry has his blade against Rafas' neck?
9. What does Lt. Edwards say about the mass lineup?
10. Why does Alice identify with the situation the pachucos are in?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)