|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What race is Tommy?
2. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
(c) Commenting on the action.
3. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
4. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
5. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
(b) Lt. Edwards.
(d) El Pachuco.
Short Answer Questions
1. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
2. According to the Press, how many members of Henry's gang are arrested?
3. What does the play begin with?
4. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
5. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean that Henry begins to listen to El Pachuco in Act 1, scene 7?
2. What is the basis for this play?
3. Why does Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco?
4. What do the sailors do to El Pachuco at the riots?
5. What does El Pachuco say after the verdict is handed down?
6. What foreshadows the difficult choice that Henry will have to make between Della and Alice?
7. What is finally revealed at the end of Act 1?
8. What do the different endings presented about Henry's life symbolize?
9. What does El Pachuco remind Henry of, when Henry has his blade against Rafas' neck?
10. What are Della and Henry doing at the beginning of Della's story about the Sleepy Lagoon murders?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)