|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
(a) To protect his sister.
(b) To defend his gang.
(c) To protect his honor.
(d) To defend his brother.
2. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
(a) All rich people.
(b) All leaders.
(c) All whites.
(d) All lawyers.
3. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
(d) Commenting on the action.
4. The powerful pachuco dream, according to El Pachuco, is to be a proud and ______ Chicano.
5. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(b) Car horns.
(d) Beat boxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
2. What job does Alice say she has?
3. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
4. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
5. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Della, why did the people at the party attack the pachucos?
2. What is happening during Act 1, scene 1?
3. Why is Henry torn about trusting George and Alice?
4. Why does Henry refuse his mother's request that he change out of his zoot suit?
5. Why is Henry pleased by Alice's reaction when he tells her that he is dropping out of the appeal?
6. What do the dual roles of the Press and Edwards suggest?
7. What does the word "pachuco" mean?
8. Who is Alice?
9. Why are Dolores and Enrique proud of their sons, and how do they express it?
10. What does El Pachuco do as the sailors leave the scene?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)