|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) A zoot suit.
(b) Gang colors.
(c) A gang sweatshirt.
(d) A t-shirt and jeans.
2. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
(a) What happened at the diner.
(b) What happened at the barn.
(c) What happened in the field.
(d) What happened the night of the dance.
3. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
4. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
5. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
(a) Come out on top.
(b) Be a pachuco for life.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Stand up for the Chicano way of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
2. What job does Alice say she has?
3. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
4. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
5. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the issue with the clothing for the boys before their trial?
2. Why are Dolores and Enrique proud of their sons, and how do they express it?
3. What do the different endings presented about Henry's life symbolize?
4. What are Della and Henry doing at the beginning of Della's story about the Sleepy Lagoon murders?
5. Why does Henry refuse his mother's request that he change out of his zoot suit?
6. What does it mean that Henry begins to listen to El Pachuco in Act 1, scene 7?
7. What does El Pachuco say as Alice leaves her first meeting with Henry in prison?
8. What does Henry's choice between the two women symbolize?
9. What does Henry think the police are going to do to him?
10. How is the story told in Act 2, scene 7?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)