|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) By El Pachuco.
(b) With a television reporter.
(c) With headlines.
(d) By George.
2. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
(a) To protect his honor.
(b) To defend his brother.
(c) To protect his sister.
(d) To defend his gang.
3. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
(a) Clean clothes.
(b) A letter.
(d) A care package.
4. What is the name of Henry's father?
5. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
2. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
3. Who is El Pachuco?
4. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
5. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry's choice between the two women symbolize?
2. What does Act 1, scene 9 remind the audience about trials?
3. How does Edwards behave like a politician?
4. What is the issue with the clothing for the boys before their trial?
5. What happens to get Henry thrown into solitary confinement?
6. What does El Pachuco tell Henry to do in order to survive solitary confinement?
7. What does El Pachuco suggest that Henry do instead of joining the Army?
8. In Act 1, scene 2, what does the character of the Press represent?
9. When George tells the boys he is leaving, what does he struggle to convince them?
10. Why does Alice identify with the situation the pachucos are in?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)