|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Alice say she has?
(b) Social activist.
(c) Immigration lawyer.
(d) Public defender.
2. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) In a courthouse.
(b) At a trial.
(c) At a police station.
(d) In jail.
3. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(b) Clean clothing.
(d) Familial visits.
4. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
5. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
(a) Hard to accomplish in reality.
(b) Ineffective in practice.
(c) Slow in practice.
(d) Not based in reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's father?
2. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
3. What race is Tommy?
4. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
5. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Dolores and Enrique proud of their sons, and how do they express it?
2. How does Act 1, scene 7 use movie techniques to tell the story of the play?
3. What does the singing of El Pachuco suggest?
4. In Act 1, scene 2, what does the character of the Press represent?
5. Who is Alice?
6. What happens after Della's testimony?
7. Why does Henry refuse his mother's request that he change out of his zoot suit?
8. Why does Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco?
9. What does Smiley write in his letters?
10. What role does Rudy play in Act 2, scene 8?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)