|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
2. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
(a) Charge him with a parole violation.
(b) Set him up on a phony charge.
(c) Set people up to accuse him.
(d) Make him commit another crime.
3. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
(c) Commenting on the action.
4. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
5. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
(c) Butcher knives.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
2. According to El Pachuco, why is Alice asking Henry questions?
3. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
4. What is the name of Henry's father?
5. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 1, scene 7 use movie techniques to tell the story of the play?
2. How is it shown that the gang doesn't trust white people during Act 1, scene 6?
3. When George tells the boys he is leaving, what does he struggle to convince them?
4. What do the sailors do to El Pachuco at the riots?
5. What does Act 1, scene 9 remind the audience about trials?
6. Who is Alice?
7. What are some of the differences between the first image the audience sees of the dance and the second time the dance scene appears?
8. What happens to get Henry thrown into solitary confinement?
9. Who is George Shearer?
10. What does El Pachuco remind Henry of, when Henry has his blade against Rafas' neck?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)