|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. El Pachuco tells Henry that everything was a joke and then does what?
(b) Snaps his fingers.
(d) Claps his hands.
2. Every objection George makes during the trial is what?
(d) Thrown out.
3. After the Judge sends the Jury to deliberate, what does El Pachuco do to bring the jury back?
(a) Looks at the Jury.
(c) Snaps his fingers.
(d) Claps his hands.
4. What do Della and Henry hear after Della accepts Henry's proposal?
(a) Henry's family being attacked.
(b) Della's family being attacked.
(c) Della's car being attacked.
(d) Henry's car being attacked.
5. On how many counts are the defendants found guilty?
6. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
(a) His ambitions.
(c) The outside world.
(d) His family.
7. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
(a) Marines on leave.
(b) Airmen on leave.
(c) Sailors on leave.
(d) Soldiers on leave.
8. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, shows that he is what?
(b) An idiot.
(c) A Chicano.
(d) A true pachuco.
9. In Act 1, scene 10, Henry and Della are strolling where?
(a) In the moonlight.
(b) In a field.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Down the town square.
10. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
(a) They hate poor people.
(b) They don't like Chicanos.
(c) They hate Henry.
(d) They think they are the Downeys.
11. What does El Pachuco tell Henry that the guard did?
(a) Behaved like a guard.
(b) Hated Chicanos.
(c) Set him up.
(d) Behaved like a white man.
12. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
(a) A reversal.
(b) An appeal.
(c) A mis-trial.
(d) A re-trial.
13. The guard beats Henry up and then does what?
(a) Locks him in a closet.
(b) Throws him in a cell with others.
(c) Throws him into solitary confinement.
(d) Takes him to the doctor.
14. What bad news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
(a) He has to drop their case.
(b) He's no longer a lawyer.
(c) He's being drafted.
(d) He's moving.
15. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The growth of various relationships.
(b) The setting.
(c) The action.
(d) The persecution.
Short Answer Questions
1. George insists that the Prosecution has only proved what?
2. What type of technique is used to make Henry's trial a joke?
3. What are the letters about that Alice writes to the boys?
4. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
5. The actor who plays Edwards also plays what role?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)