|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
(a) It is humiliating.
(b) It is disrespectful.
(c) The people are too poor to give.
(d) They don't need the money.
2. What sentence do Henry and the others receive?
(a) Life imprisonment.
(b) Life without parole.
3. In Act 2 Henry is confronted with the notion that he is what as both an individual and as a member of the Chicano community?
4. What is the name for a break in court proceedings?
(a) A break.
(b) A recess.
(c) A ending.
(d) A closure.
5. What is the Jury doing when they go to make their decision in a case?
6. How does Act 2 start?
(a) With a prologue.
(b) With scene 1.
(c) With the families of the gang members.
(d) With the riots.
7. What is George not allowed to do with his clients during the trial?
(a) Speak for his clients.
(b) See his clients.
(c) Hear from his clients.
(d) Consult with his clients.
8. How does Henry react to George and Alice's actions during the break in the court proceedings?
(a) He mocks them.
(b) He accepts them.
(c) He rejects them.
(d) He laments them.
9. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
(a) Live the Chicano lifestyle.
(b) Have the American dream.
(c) Have a family.
(d) Fit into American life.
10. What is the last thing that happens before the jury deliberates?
(a) A reiteration of the facts.
(b) Closing statements.
(c) Cloture statements.
(d) A listing of the crimes.
11. What does Henry say to George when George leaves the boys after their trial?
(a) Thank you.
(b) See you soon.
(c) Have fun.
(d) God Bless.
12. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
(a) Get him new clothes.
(b) Get him to relax.
(c) Reassure him.
(d) Comfort him.
13. El Pachuco tells Henry that everything was a joke and then does what?
(a) Snaps his fingers.
(b) Claps his hands.
14. Who do the military members attack while on leave in Los Angeles?
(a) The pachucos.
(b) The non-whites.
(c) The Asians.
(d) The Chicanos.
15. What does El Pachuco tell Henry that the guard did?
(a) Set him up.
(b) Hated Chicanos.
(c) Behaved like a white man.
(d) Behaved like a guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the military members do to El Pachuco on the night of the riots?
2. The Prosecution says Henry and his friends aren't only guilty of the crime, but are also guilty of what?
3. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
4. At the end of Act 2, scene 5, El Pachuco takes the audience where?
5. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)