|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, scene 6, who gives commentary on the narration?
(a) El Pachuco.
2. What does Henry do when the guard comes in with new and more difficult work assignments?
(a) Asks for reassignment.
(b) Gives in.
(c) Beats the guard up.
3. What does Alice do when Henry tells her he is dropping out of the appeal?
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Has him fill out paperwork.
(d) Loses her temper.
4. The scenes with the riots show what happens when the other side of what explodes?
(a) The gang war.
(b) The social war.
(c) The race battle.
(d) The gang battle.
5. Where are Henry and his gang members in Act 2, scene 1?
(a) In a work camp.
(b) In a fire camp.
(c) In the courthouse.
(d) In prison.
6. What element of the play is closed at the end of Act 1?
(a) The mystery of Sleepy River.
(b) The mystery of Sleepy Hollow.
(c) The mystery of Sleepy Lagoon.
(d) The mystery of Sleepy Cove.
7. Who beats up Henry when he tries to run down Rafas?
(a) The Downeys.
(b) The Sourtenos.
(c) The Nortenos.
(d) The Loopies.
8. At the end of Act 2, scene 5, El Pachuco takes the audience where?
(a) To the Injustice Riots.
(b) To the Zoot Suit Riots.
(c) To the Chicano Riots.
(d) To the Pachuco Riots.
9. Every objection George makes during the trial is what?
(b) Thrown out.
10. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
(a) Fit into American life.
(b) Have the American dream.
(c) Live the Chicano lifestyle.
(d) Have a family.
11. What does Henry say to George when George leaves the boys after their trial?
(a) See you soon.
(b) Thank you.
(c) God Bless.
(d) Have fun.
12. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
(b) The News.
(c) The Press.
13. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
(a) An update on his family.
(b) A private meeting.
(c) An update on their appeal.
(d) A care package.
14. What is the last thing that happens before the jury deliberates?
(a) A listing of the crimes.
(b) Cloture statements.
(c) A reiteration of the facts.
(d) Closing statements.
15. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
(a) Get him to relax.
(b) Get him new clothes.
(c) Reassure him.
(d) Comfort him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2 Henry is confronted with the notion that he is what as both an individual and as a member of the Chicano community?
2. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
3. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
4. Della is the first witness called by whom?
5. At the end of Act 1, scene11, El Pachuco says that it is what?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)