|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Joey's letters the audience is able to see he is falling in love with whom?
2. In Act 1, scene 10, Henry and Della are strolling where?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a field.
(c) In the moonlight.
(d) Down the town square.
3. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
(a) Have the American dream.
(b) Have a family.
(c) Live the Chicano lifestyle.
(d) Fit into American life.
4. What does Henry do after El Pachuco fades into the shadows with his arms risen at the end of Act 2, scene 6?
5. The military members say they attacked the others because they were staying home and wearing expensive clothes while what?
(a) Real Americans fought.
(b) Real Americans rationed.
(c) Real Americans were frugal.
(d) Real Americans supported the war effort.
6. Where does the Judge order Della to go?
(a) A girls' ranch.
(b) The military.
(d) Reform school.
7. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
8. El Pachuco tells Henry that everything was a joke and then does what?
(b) Claps his hands.
(d) Snaps his fingers.
9. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
(a) The night of the Sleepy Hollow murder.
(b) The night of the riots.
(c) The night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder.
(d) The night of the murder at the dance.
10. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
(a) His ambitions.
(c) The outside world.
(d) His family.
11. What does it suggest that the Press plays the prosecution?
(a) That the press is influencing public perception of the Chicanos.
(b) That someone other than the justice system is creating prejudice.
(c) That the press is influencing the jury in the trial.
(d) That someone other than the justice system is trying the gang.
12. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
(a) The people are too poor to give.
(b) They don't need the money.
(c) It is humiliating.
(d) It is disrespectful.
13. Henry asks Alice to pass along his love for whom?
(a) His mother.
(c) His family.
(d) His brother.
14. What does Henry propose to Della while they are walking?
(a) That they move.
(b) That they leave the gang.
(d) That they buy a house.
15. Who do the military members attack while on leave in Los Angeles?
(a) The non-whites.
(b) The Asians.
(c) The pachucos.
(d) The Chicanos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Della and Henry hear after Della accepts Henry's proposal?
2. What are the letters about that Alice writes to the boys?
3. What sentence do Henry and the others receive?
4. On how many counts are the defendants found guilty?
5. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)