|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
(a) Get out of his brain.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Stop talking.
(d) Never talk to him again.
2. On how many counts are the defendants found guilty?
3. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, shows that he is what?
(a) A Chicano.
(b) A true pachuco.
(c) An idiot.
4. Where does the Judge order Della to go?
(a) Reform school.
(b) The military.
(c) A girls' ranch.
5. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
6. Who do the military members attack while on leave in Los Angeles?
(a) The Asians.
(b) The Chicanos.
(c) The pachucos.
(d) The non-whites.
7. What word best describes El Pachuco's attitude towards white people?
8. What is the last thing that happens before the jury deliberates?
(a) A reiteration of the facts.
(b) Closing statements.
(c) Cloture statements.
(d) A listing of the crimes.
9. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
(a) A reversal.
(b) An appeal.
(c) A re-trial.
(d) A mis-trial.
10. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
(a) They don't need the money.
(b) It is disrespectful.
(c) It is humiliating.
(d) The people are too poor to give.
11. What sentence do Henry and the others receive?
(b) Life imprisonment.
(d) Life without parole.
12. What is the Jury doing when they go to make their decision in a case?
13. The actor who plays Edwards also plays what role?
(a) The Jury.
(b) The Prosecution.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The Audience.
14. In Tommy's letters, he insists that he is as ________ as the Chicanos of the gang.
15. Henry asks Alice to pass along his love for whom?
(b) His brother.
(c) His family.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice do when Henry tells her he is dropping out of the appeal?
2. What does El Pachuco tell Henry that the guard did?
3. What bad news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
4. George insists that the Prosecution has only proved what?
5. The scenes with the riots show what happens when the other side of what explodes?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)