|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The action.
(b) The growth of various relationships.
(c) The persecution.
(d) The setting.
2. In Tommy's letters, he insists that he is as ________ as the Chicanos of the gang.
3. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, shows that he is what?
(a) A true pachuco.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A Chicano.
4. What good news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
(a) Care packages are coming.
(b) The appeal is progressing.
(c) They have enough money in their defense fund.
(d) They are being moved to a different location.
5. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
(a) Leave Chicanos with nothing.
(b) Make Chicanos fight for America.
(c) Make Chicanos fit in with Americans.
(d) Strip Chicanos of their identity.
6. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
(a) The Press.
(b) The News.
7. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
(a) Live the Chicano lifestyle.
(b) Fit into American life.
(c) Have the American dream.
(d) Have a family.
8. What sentence do Henry and the others receive?
(b) Life without parole.
(d) Life imprisonment.
9. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, suggests that clothes do not what?
(a) Identify people.
(b) Make the man.
(c) Separate people.
(d) Need rationing.
10. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
11. The guard beats Henry up and then does what?
(a) Throws him in a cell with others.
(b) Takes him to the doctor.
(c) Locks him in a closet.
(d) Throws him into solitary confinement.
12. What does Alice do when Henry tells her he is dropping out of the appeal?
(b) Has him fill out paperwork.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Loses her temper.
13. Where are Henry and his gang members in Act 2, scene 1?
(a) In the courthouse.
(b) In a work camp.
(c) In a fire camp.
(d) In prison.
14. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
(a) An appeal.
(b) A mis-trial.
(c) A reversal.
(d) A re-trial.
15. Who beats up Henry when he tries to run down Rafas?
(a) The Loopies.
(b) The Nortenos.
(c) The Sourtenos.
(d) The Downeys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry react to George and Alice's actions during the break in the court proceedings?
2. What is the Jury doing when they go to make their decision in a case?
3. Who do the military members attack while on leave in Los Angeles?
4. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
5. What does it suggest that the Press plays the prosecution?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)