|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
2. Where are Henry and his gang members in Act 2, scene 1?
(a) In prison.
(b) In a work camp.
(c) In a fire camp.
(d) In the courthouse.
3. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
(a) His family.
(b) His ambitions.
(d) The outside world.
4. In Act 2, scene 6, who gives commentary on the narration?
(b) El Pachuco.
5. El Pachuco tells Henry that everything was a joke and then does what?
(b) Snaps his fingers.
(d) Claps his hands.
6. The actors who play the Press also play what role?
(a) The Narrator.
(b) The Court Clerk.
(c) The Prosecution.
(d) The Audience.
7. Henry's confrontation with the guard and El Pachuco reveal the depth of his what?
8. What does Henry say to George when George leaves the boys after their trial?
(a) God Bless.
(b) Have fun.
(c) See you soon.
(d) Thank you.
9. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The persecution.
(b) The growth of various relationships.
(c) The setting.
(d) The action.
10. Della is the first witness called by whom?
(a) The Defense.
(b) The Prosecution.
(c) The judge.
11. Who do the military members attack while on leave in Los Angeles?
(a) The non-whites.
(b) The Chicanos.
(c) The pachucos.
(d) The Asians.
12. How does Henry react to George and Alice's actions during the break in the court proceedings?
(a) He mocks them.
(b) He accepts them.
(c) He rejects them.
(d) He laments them.
13. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
(a) Have the American dream.
(b) Fit into American life.
(c) Live the Chicano lifestyle.
(d) Have a family.
14. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
15. What does Henry propose to Della while they are walking?
(a) That they leave the gang.
(b) That they move.
(c) That they buy a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
2. What does Henry do when the guard comes in with new and more difficult work assignments?
3. According to El Pachuco, what happens to a Mexican once he is in jail?
4. After the Judge sends the Jury to deliberate, what does El Pachuco do to bring the jury back?
5. The actor who plays Edwards also plays what role?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)