|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
(a) Soldiers on leave.
(b) Sailors on leave.
(c) Marines on leave.
(d) Airmen on leave.
2. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
(a) At the party.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At the diner.
(d) At the movie theater.
3. What do Della and Henry hear after Della accepts Henry's proposal?
(a) Della's car being attacked.
(b) Henry's family being attacked.
(c) Henry's car being attacked.
(d) Della's family being attacked.
4. Who does Henry have a last moment with before being led off after the verdict?
5. What is the last thing that happens before the jury deliberates?
(a) A reiteration of the facts.
(b) Closing statements.
(c) Cloture statements.
(d) A listing of the crimes.
6. The Prosecution says Henry and his friends aren't only guilty of the crime, but are also guilty of what?
(a) Being a menace to society.
(b) Trying to destroy society.
(c) Taking the money of whites.
(d) No belonging in society.
7. In Tommy's letters, he insists that he is as ________ as the Chicanos of the gang.
8. What sentence do Henry and the others receive?
(b) Life without parole.
(d) Life imprisonment.
9. At the end of Act 2, scene 5, El Pachuco takes the audience where?
(a) To the Chicano Riots.
(b) To the Injustice Riots.
(c) To the Pachuco Riots.
(d) To the Zoot Suit Riots.
10. In Act 2 Henry is confronted with the notion that he is what as both an individual and as a member of the Chicano community?
11. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
(a) They hate poor people.
(b) They think they are the Downeys.
(c) They hate Henry.
(d) They don't like Chicanos.
12. What is the Jury doing when they go to make their decision in a case?
13. Every objection George makes during the trial is what?
(d) Thrown out.
14. What does Alice do when Henry tells her he is dropping out of the appeal?
(b) Loses her temper.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Has him fill out paperwork.
15. The scenes with the riots show what happens when the other side of what explodes?
(a) The race battle.
(b) The gang war.
(c) The gang battle.
(d) The social war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Act 2 start?
2. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
3. When the guard calls out their numbers, what do the boys call out?
4. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
5. El Pachuco tells Henry that everything was a joke and then does what?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)