|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
(a) They don't need the money.
(b) It is disrespectful.
(c) The people are too poor to give.
(d) It is humiliating.
2. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
(a) The outside world.
(b) His family.
(d) His ambitions.
3. What does El Pachuco tell Henry that the guard did?
(a) Behaved like a white man.
(b) Behaved like a guard.
(c) Hated Chicanos.
(d) Set him up.
4. How does Henry react to George and Alice's actions during the break in the court proceedings?
(a) He laments them.
(b) He accepts them.
(c) He rejects them.
(d) He mocks them.
5. What type of technique is used to make Henry's trial a joke?
(b) Aristotilian events.
6. The guard beats Henry up and then does what?
(a) Takes him to the doctor.
(b) Throws him into solitary confinement.
(c) Locks him in a closet.
(d) Throws him in a cell with others.
7. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
(a) Airmen on leave.
(b) Marines on leave.
(c) Sailors on leave.
(d) Soldiers on leave.
8. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
9. The military members say they attacked the others because they were staying home and wearing expensive clothes while what?
(a) Real Americans supported the war effort.
(b) Real Americans were frugal.
(c) Real Americans fought.
(d) Real Americans rationed.
10. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
11. In what Act and scene does the Judge give the verdict?
(a) Act 1 scene 8.
(b) Act 1, scene 10.
(c) Act 1, scene 9.
(d) Act 1, scene 11.
12. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, suggests that clothes do not what?
(a) Identify people.
(b) Separate people.
(c) Need rationing.
(d) Make the man.
13. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
(a) Make Chicanos fight for America.
(b) Leave Chicanos with nothing.
(c) Make Chicanos fit in with Americans.
(d) Strip Chicanos of their identity.
14. What is the Jury doing when they go to make their decision in a case?
15. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The action.
(b) The growth of various relationships.
(c) The setting.
(d) The persecution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Judge order Della to go?
2. On how many counts are the defendants found guilty?
3. What sentence do Henry and the others receive?
4. The actor who plays Edwards also plays what role?
5. What is emerging between the boys and George and Alice in the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)