|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
(a) The night of the murder at the dance.
(b) The night of the Sleepy Hollow murder.
(c) The night of the riots.
(d) The night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder.
2. Henry asks Alice to pass along his love for whom?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His family.
3. The Prosecution says Henry and his friends aren't only guilty of the crime, but are also guilty of what?
(a) Being a menace to society.
(b) Trying to destroy society.
(c) Taking the money of whites.
(d) No belonging in society.
4. What are the letters about that Alice writes to the boys?
(a) The reaction of their community.
(b) Their families.
(c) The news in the outside world.
(d) The progress of their appeal.
5. The military members say they attacked the others because they were staying home and wearing expensive clothes while what?
(a) Real Americans supported the war effort.
(b) Real Americans rationed.
(c) Real Americans were frugal.
(d) Real Americans fought.
6. At the end of Act 2, scene 5, El Pachuco takes the audience where?
(a) To the Pachuco Riots.
(b) To the Zoot Suit Riots.
(c) To the Chicano Riots.
(d) To the Injustice Riots.
7. Who does Henry have a last moment with before being led off after the verdict?
8. In Joey's letters the audience is able to see he is falling in love with whom?
9. Della is the first witness called by whom?
(a) The Prosecution.
(b) The judge.
(d) The Defense.
10. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
(a) The people are too poor to give.
(b) It is humiliating.
(c) They don't need the money.
(d) It is disrespectful.
11. El Pachuco tells Henry that everything was a joke and then does what?
(a) Claps his hands.
(b) Snaps his fingers.
12. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, shows that he is what?
(a) A Chicano.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A true pachuco.
13. At the end of Act 1, scene11, El Pachuco says that it is what?
(a) The end of prejudice.
(b) The end of the matter.
(c) Time to go to jail.
14. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
15. The actors who play the Press also play what role?
(a) The Narrator.
(b) The Audience.
(c) The Court Clerk.
(d) The Prosecution.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
2. When the guard calls out their numbers, what do the boys call out?
3. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
4. In what Act and scene does the Judge give the verdict?
5. What sentence do Henry and the others receive?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)