|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
2. When the guard calls out their numbers, what do the boys call out?
(a) Their names.
(b) Their numbers.
(c) Their cell numbers.
(d) That they are present.
3. How does Henry react to George and Alice's actions during the break in the court proceedings?
(a) He rejects them.
(b) He laments them.
(c) He mocks them.
(d) He accepts them.
4. The scenes with the riots show what happens when the other side of what explodes?
(a) The gang war.
(b) The social war.
(c) The race battle.
(d) The gang battle.
5. The actors who play the Press also play what role?
(a) The Prosecution.
(b) The Court Clerk.
(c) The Narrator.
(d) The Audience.
6. What does Alice do when Henry tells her he is dropping out of the appeal?
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Loses her temper.
(d) Has him fill out paperwork.
7. What is George not allowed to do with his clients during the trial?
(a) See his clients.
(b) Consult with his clients.
(c) Speak for his clients.
(d) Hear from his clients.
8. The guard beats Henry up and then does what?
(a) Locks him in a closet.
(b) Throws him in a cell with others.
(c) Throws him into solitary confinement.
(d) Takes him to the doctor.
9. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
10. Where are Henry and his gang members in Act 2, scene 1?
(a) In prison.
(b) In the courthouse.
(c) In a fire camp.
(d) In a work camp.
11. The actor who plays Edwards also plays what role?
(a) The Audience.
(b) The Judge.
(c) The Jury.
(d) The Prosecution.
12. In Act 1, scene 10, Henry and Della are strolling where?
(a) In a field.
(b) In the moonlight.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Down the town square.
13. What does Henry do after El Pachuco fades into the shadows with his arms risen at the end of Act 2, scene 6?
14. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
(a) Have a family.
(b) Fit into American life.
(c) Live the Chicano lifestyle.
(d) Have the American dream.
15. What does Henry say to George when George leaves the boys after their trial?
(a) Thank you.
(b) Have fun.
(c) God Bless.
(d) See you soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
2. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
3. After the Judge sends the Jury to deliberate, what does El Pachuco do to bring the jury back?
4. Every objection George makes during the trial is what?
5. Who beats up Henry when he tries to run down Rafas?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)