|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
(a) A care package.
(b) An update on their appeal.
(c) An update on his family.
(d) A private meeting.
2. At the end of Act 1, scene11, El Pachuco says that it is what?
(a) The end of prejudice.
(b) Time to go to jail.
(c) The end of the matter.
3. Every objection George makes during the trial is what?
(a) Thrown out.
4. What element of the play is closed at the end of Act 1?
(a) The mystery of Sleepy Cove.
(b) The mystery of Sleepy Lagoon.
(c) The mystery of Sleepy Hollow.
(d) The mystery of Sleepy River.
5. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
(a) Set Henry and the others free.
(b) Railroad Henry and the others.
(c) Put the guilty people in jail.
(d) Get to the truth of the matter.
6. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
7. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
(a) The Press.
(c) The News.
8. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
(a) Strip Chicanos of their identity.
(b) Make Chicanos fit in with Americans.
(c) Leave Chicanos with nothing.
(d) Make Chicanos fight for America.
9. Who do the military members attack while on leave in Los Angeles?
(a) The pachucos.
(b) The non-whites.
(c) The Asians.
(d) The Chicanos.
10. The actors who play the Press also play what role?
(a) The Narrator.
(b) The Prosecution.
(c) The Court Clerk.
(d) The Audience.
11. What do Della and Henry hear after Della accepts Henry's proposal?
(a) Della's family being attacked.
(b) Della's car being attacked.
(c) Henry's car being attacked.
(d) Henry's family being attacked.
12. What is the Jury doing when they go to make their decision in a case?
13. Who does Henry have a last moment with before being led off after the verdict?
14. What are the letters about that Alice writes to the boys?
(a) Their families.
(b) The reaction of their community.
(c) The news in the outside world.
(d) The progress of their appeal.
15. What do the military members do to El Pachuco on the night of the riots?
(a) Strip him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Ruin him.
(d) Humiliate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry's confrontation with the guard and El Pachuco reveal the depth of his what?
2. Where are Henry and his gang members in Act 2, scene 1?
3. El Pachuco tells Henry that everything was a joke and then does what?
4. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, suggests that clothes do not what?
5. What does El Pachuco tell Henry that the guard did?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)