|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the guard calls out their numbers, what do the boys call out?
(a) Their cell numbers.
(b) Their names.
(c) Their numbers.
(d) That they are present.
2. The military members say they attacked the others because they were staying home and wearing expensive clothes while what?
(a) Real Americans rationed.
(b) Real Americans supported the war effort.
(c) Real Americans were frugal.
(d) Real Americans fought.
3. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
4. What are the letters about that Alice writes to the boys?
(a) The progress of their appeal.
(b) The news in the outside world.
(c) The reaction of their community.
(d) Their families.
5. What bad news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
(a) He has to drop their case.
(b) He's being drafted.
(c) He's moving.
(d) He's no longer a lawyer.
6. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
7. After the Judge sends the Jury to deliberate, what does El Pachuco do to bring the jury back?
(a) Snaps his fingers.
(c) Claps his hands.
(d) Looks at the Jury.
8. Where are Henry and his gang members in Act 2, scene 1?
(a) In a work camp.
(b) In prison.
(c) In a fire camp.
(d) In the courthouse.
9. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
(a) Comfort him.
(b) Get him new clothes.
(c) Get him to relax.
(d) Reassure him.
10. In Tommy's letters, he insists that he is as ________ as the Chicanos of the gang.
11. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
(a) An update on his family.
(b) An update on their appeal.
(c) A private meeting.
(d) A care package.
12. How does Act 2 start?
(a) With scene 1.
(b) With the families of the gang members.
(c) With the riots.
(d) With a prologue.
13. What do the military members do to El Pachuco on the night of the riots?
(a) Humiliate him.
(b) Ruin him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Strip him.
14. Who do the military members attack while on leave in Los Angeles?
(a) The Asians.
(b) The pachucos.
(c) The Chicanos.
(d) The non-whites.
15. What type of technique is used to make Henry's trial a joke?
(d) Aristotilian events.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2 Henry is confronted with the notion that he is what as both an individual and as a member of the Chicano community?
2. In what Act and scene does the Judge give the verdict?
3. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
4. What is emerging between the boys and George and Alice in the beginning of Act 2?
5. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)