|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, scene 5, El Pachuco takes the audience where?
(a) To the Chicano Riots.
(b) To the Zoot Suit Riots.
(c) To the Injustice Riots.
(d) To the Pachuco Riots.
2. What does Henry say to George when George leaves the boys after their trial?
(a) Thank you.
(b) See you soon.
(c) Have fun.
(d) God Bless.
3. The Prosecution says Henry and his friends aren't only guilty of the crime, but are also guilty of what?
(a) Being a menace to society.
(b) Trying to destroy society.
(c) Taking the money of whites.
(d) No belonging in society.
4. What does Henry propose to Della while they are walking?
(b) That they move.
(c) That they buy a house.
(d) That they leave the gang.
5. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
(a) They hate poor people.
(b) They hate Henry.
(c) They don't like Chicanos.
(d) They think they are the Downeys.
6. What good news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
(a) They have enough money in their defense fund.
(b) Care packages are coming.
(c) The appeal is progressing.
(d) They are being moved to a different location.
7. What are the letters about that Alice writes to the boys?
(a) Their families.
(b) The progress of their appeal.
(c) The reaction of their community.
(d) The news in the outside world.
8. George insists that the Prosecution has only proved what?
(a) That the boys know each other.
(b) That the boys wear similar clothes.
(c) That the boys are Chicano.
(d) That the boys were being boys.
9. What element of the play is closed at the end of Act 1?
(a) The mystery of Sleepy River.
(b) The mystery of Sleepy Hollow.
(c) The mystery of Sleepy Lagoon.
(d) The mystery of Sleepy Cove.
10. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
(a) At the grocery store.
(b) At the movie theater.
(c) At the diner.
(d) At the party.
11. What does Alice do when Henry tells her he is dropping out of the appeal?
(a) Has him fill out paperwork.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Loses her temper.
12. In Tommy's letters, he insists that he is as ________ as the Chicanos of the gang.
13. The guard beats Henry up and then does what?
(a) Throws him in a cell with others.
(b) Locks him in a closet.
(c) Throws him into solitary confinement.
(d) Takes him to the doctor.
14. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
(a) Never talk to him again.
(b) Get out of his brain.
(c) Leave him alone.
(d) Stop talking.
15. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The action.
(b) The growth of various relationships.
(c) The persecution.
(d) The setting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
2. What does Henry do after El Pachuco fades into the shadows with his arms risen at the end of Act 2, scene 6?
3. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, suggests that clothes do not what?
4. What does Henry do when the guard comes in with new and more difficult work assignments?
5. What word best describes El Pachuco's attitude towards white people?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)