Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The actors who play the Press also play what role?
(a) The Court Clerk.
(b) The Narrator.
(c) The Audience.
(d) The Prosecution.
2. The scenes with the riots show what happens when the other side of what explodes?
(a) The race battle.
(b) The gang battle.
(c) The social war.
(d) The gang war.
3. What type of technique is used to make Henry's trial a joke?
(d) Aristotilian events.
4. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
(a) Sailors on leave.
(b) Marines on leave.
(c) Airmen on leave.
(d) Soldiers on leave.
5. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
(a) The night of the murder at the dance.
(b) The night of the Sleepy Hollow murder.
(c) The night of the riots.
(d) The night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder.
6. What element of the play is closed at the end of Act 1?
(a) The mystery of Sleepy Lagoon.
(b) The mystery of Sleepy River.
(c) The mystery of Sleepy Cove.
(d) The mystery of Sleepy Hollow.
7. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
(a) They don't like Chicanos.
(b) They hate poor people.
(c) They hate Henry.
(d) They think they are the Downeys.
8. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
(c) The Press.
(d) The News.
9. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) They don't need the money.
(c) It is humiliating.
(d) The people are too poor to give.
10. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
11. Who do the military members attack while on leave in Los Angeles?
(a) The non-whites.
(b) The pachucos.
(c) The Chicanos.
(d) The Asians.
12. What does El Pachuco tell Henry that the guard did?
(a) Behaved like a white man.
(b) Behaved like a guard.
(c) Hated Chicanos.
(d) Set him up.
13. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The setting.
(b) The action.
(c) The persecution.
(d) The growth of various relationships.
14. In Act 2, scene 6, who gives commentary on the narration?
(a) El Pachuco.
15. What is George not allowed to do with his clients during the trial?
(a) See his clients.
(b) Speak for his clients.
(c) Hear from his clients.
(d) Consult with his clients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
2. According to El Pachuco, what happens to a Mexican once he is in jail?
3. The Prosecution says Henry and his friends aren't only guilty of the crime, but are also guilty of what?
4. What does Henry say to George when George leaves the boys after their trial?
5. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)