Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Della and Henry hear after Della accepts Henry's proposal?
(a) Della's family being attacked.
(b) Della's car being attacked.
(c) Henry's car being attacked.
(d) Henry's family being attacked.
2. Henry asks Alice to pass along his love for whom?
(a) His brother.
(b) His family.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Alice do when Henry tells her he is dropping out of the appeal?
(a) Loses her temper.
(b) Kisses him.
(d) Has him fill out paperwork.
4. The Prosecution says Henry and his friends aren't only guilty of the crime, but are also guilty of what?
(a) No belonging in society.
(b) Being a menace to society.
(c) Trying to destroy society.
(d) Taking the money of whites.
5. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
(a) Airmen on leave.
(b) Marines on leave.
(c) Soldiers on leave.
(d) Sailors on leave.
6. Where are Henry and his gang members in Act 2, scene 1?
(a) In a work camp.
(b) In prison.
(c) In a fire camp.
(d) In the courthouse.
7. What is the Jury doing when they go to make their decision in a case?
8. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
(a) His family.
(c) The outside world.
(d) His ambitions.
9. What does Henry propose to Della while they are walking?
(a) That they buy a house.
(c) That they leave the gang.
(d) That they move.
10. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
(a) Get out of his brain.
(b) Never talk to him again.
(c) Stop talking.
(d) Leave him alone.
11. Where does the Judge order Della to go?
(a) The military.
(c) A girls' ranch.
(d) Reform school.
12. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
(c) The News.
(d) The Press.
13. What bad news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
(a) He's moving.
(b) He's no longer a lawyer.
(c) He has to drop their case.
(d) He's being drafted.
14. What is George not allowed to do with his clients during the trial?
(a) Hear from his clients.
(b) Speak for his clients.
(c) Consult with his clients.
(d) See his clients.
15. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
(a) Make Chicanos fight for America.
(b) Strip Chicanos of their identity.
(c) Make Chicanos fit in with Americans.
(d) Leave Chicanos with nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
2. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
3. What does Henry say to George when George leaves the boys after their trial?
4. Who beats up Henry when he tries to run down Rafas?
5. The actors who play the Press also play what role?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)