|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The military members say they attacked the others because they were staying home and wearing expensive clothes while what?
(a) Real Americans supported the war effort.
(b) Real Americans were frugal.
(c) Real Americans fought.
(d) Real Americans rationed.
2. The actor who plays Edwards also plays what role?
(a) The Judge.
(b) The Prosecution.
(c) The Audience.
(d) The Jury.
3. Every objection George makes during the trial is what?
(d) Thrown out.
4. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
(a) They don't like Chicanos.
(b) They think they are the Downeys.
(c) They hate poor people.
(d) They hate Henry.
5. What bad news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
(a) He's no longer a lawyer.
(b) He's being drafted.
(c) He's moving.
(d) He has to drop their case.
6. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The growth of various relationships.
(b) The persecution.
(c) The action.
(d) The setting.
7. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
(a) The night of the Sleepy Hollow murder.
(b) The night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder.
(c) The night of the riots.
(d) The night of the murder at the dance.
8. What is the name for a break in court proceedings?
(a) A ending.
(b) A break.
(c) A closure.
(d) A recess.
9. What does Henry do after El Pachuco fades into the shadows with his arms risen at the end of Act 2, scene 6?
10. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
(a) Sailors on leave.
(b) Soldiers on leave.
(c) Airmen on leave.
(d) Marines on leave.
11. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
(b) His ambitions.
(c) The outside world.
(d) His family.
12. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
13. At the end of Act 1, scene11, El Pachuco says that it is what?
(a) The end of prejudice.
(c) Time to go to jail.
(d) The end of the matter.
14. In Act 2 Henry is confronted with the notion that he is what as both an individual and as a member of the Chicano community?
15. After the Judge sends the Jury to deliberate, what does El Pachuco do to bring the jury back?
(a) Claps his hands.
(b) Snaps his fingers.
(d) Looks at the Jury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the military members do to El Pachuco on the night of the riots?
2. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
3. Who does Henry have a last moment with before being led off after the verdict?
4. In Tommy's letters, he insists that he is as ________ as the Chicanos of the gang.
5. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)