|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice do when Henry tells her he is dropping out of the appeal?
(b) Loses her temper.
(c) Has him fill out paperwork.
(d) Kisses him.
2. What do Della and Henry hear after Della accepts Henry's proposal?
(a) Della's car being attacked.
(b) Della's family being attacked.
(c) Henry's car being attacked.
(d) Henry's family being attacked.
3. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
4. Who does Henry have a last moment with before being led off after the verdict?
5. What does Henry propose to Della while they are walking?
(a) That they move.
(b) That they buy a house.
(d) That they leave the gang.
6. El Pachuco tells Henry that everything was a joke and then does what?
(b) Snaps his fingers.
(c) Claps his hands.
7. The scenes with the riots show what happens when the other side of what explodes?
(a) The social war.
(b) The race battle.
(c) The gang war.
(d) The gang battle.
8. In Tommy's letters, he insists that he is as ________ as the Chicanos of the gang.
9. Who do the military members attack while on leave in Los Angeles?
(a) The non-whites.
(b) The Asians.
(c) The pachucos.
(d) The Chicanos.
10. What does El Pachuco tell Henry that the guard did?
(a) Behaved like a white man.
(b) Behaved like a guard.
(c) Set him up.
(d) Hated Chicanos.
11. According to El Pachuco, what happens to a Mexican once he is in jail?
(a) He lives in jail.
(b) He dies in jail.
(c) He stays in jail.
(d) He fights in jail.
12. What is George not allowed to do with his clients during the trial?
(a) Speak for his clients.
(b) Hear from his clients.
(c) Consult with his clients.
(d) See his clients.
13. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
(a) The outside world.
(c) His family.
(d) His ambitions.
14. In Act 2 Henry is confronted with the notion that he is what as both an individual and as a member of the Chicano community?
15. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
(a) Railroad Henry and the others.
(b) Get to the truth of the matter.
(c) Put the guilty people in jail.
(d) Set Henry and the others free.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
2. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
3. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, suggests that clothes do not what?
4. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
5. What is the last thing that happens before the jury deliberates?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)