|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of technique is used to make Henry's trial a joke?
(d) Aristotilian events.
2. In what Act and scene does the Judge give the verdict?
(a) Act 1, scene 9.
(b) Act 1, scene 11.
(c) Act 1 scene 8.
(d) Act 1, scene 10.
3. What is the last thing that happens before the jury deliberates?
(a) A listing of the crimes.
(b) Closing statements.
(c) Cloture statements.
(d) A reiteration of the facts.
4. At the end of Act 2, scene 5, El Pachuco takes the audience where?
(a) To the Injustice Riots.
(b) To the Pachuco Riots.
(c) To the Chicano Riots.
(d) To the Zoot Suit Riots.
5. Where does the Judge order Della to go?
(a) The military.
(c) A girls' ranch.
(d) Reform school.
6. What is the name for a break in court proceedings?
(a) A recess.
(b) A closure.
(c) A break.
(d) A ending.
7. How does Act 2 start?
(a) With the riots.
(b) With a prologue.
(c) With the families of the gang members.
(d) With scene 1.
8. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, suggests that clothes do not what?
(a) Need rationing.
(b) Identify people.
(c) Make the man.
(d) Separate people.
9. What does Henry propose to Della while they are walking?
(b) That they leave the gang.
(c) That they buy a house.
(d) That they move.
10. Who do the military members attack while on leave in Los Angeles?
(a) The non-whites.
(b) The Chicanos.
(c) The pachucos.
(d) The Asians.
11. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
(a) A care package.
(b) An update on his family.
(c) An update on their appeal.
(d) A private meeting.
12. In Tommy's letters, he insists that he is as ________ as the Chicanos of the gang.
13. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
(a) The night of the Sleepy Hollow murder.
(b) The night of the riots.
(c) The night of the murder at the dance.
(d) The night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder.
14. What does Henry say to George when George leaves the boys after their trial?
(a) God Bless.
(b) Have fun.
(c) Thank you.
(d) See you soon.
15. What does it suggest that the Press plays the prosecution?
(a) That someone other than the justice system is trying the gang.
(b) That the press is influencing public perception of the Chicanos.
(c) That someone other than the justice system is creating prejudice.
(d) That the press is influencing the jury in the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. The actor who plays Edwards also plays what role?
2. In Act 1, scene 10, Henry and Della are strolling where?
3. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
4. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
5. After the Judge sends the Jury to deliberate, what does El Pachuco do to bring the jury back?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)