|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
(a) Get out of his brain.
(b) Never talk to him again.
(c) Leave him alone.
(d) Stop talking.
2. Every objection George makes during the trial is what?
(c) Thrown out.
3. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
(a) The News.
(b) The Press.
4. Who beats up Henry when he tries to run down Rafas?
(a) The Downeys.
(b) The Sourtenos.
(c) The Nortenos.
(d) The Loopies.
5. The actors who play the Press also play what role?
(a) The Court Clerk.
(b) The Narrator.
(c) The Audience.
(d) The Prosecution.
6. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
(a) Reassure him.
(b) Get him new clothes.
(c) Comfort him.
(d) Get him to relax.
7. How does Henry react to George and Alice's actions during the break in the court proceedings?
(a) He mocks them.
(b) He rejects them.
(c) He laments them.
(d) He accepts them.
8. George insists that the Prosecution has only proved what?
(a) That the boys were being boys.
(b) That the boys are Chicano.
(c) That the boys know each other.
(d) That the boys wear similar clothes.
9. Della is the first witness called by whom?
(a) The Prosecution.
(b) The judge.
(c) The Defense.
10. Henry asks Alice to pass along his love for whom?
(a) His brother.
(c) His family.
(d) His mother.
11. What do Della and Henry hear after Della accepts Henry's proposal?
(a) Henry's car being attacked.
(b) Della's family being attacked.
(c) Della's car being attacked.
(d) Henry's family being attacked.
12. What does Henry propose to Della while they are walking?
(a) That they buy a house.
(c) That they leave the gang.
(d) That they move.
13. After the Judge sends the Jury to deliberate, what does El Pachuco do to bring the jury back?
(a) Snaps his fingers.
(b) Looks at the Jury.
(d) Claps his hands.
14. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, shows that he is what?
(a) An idiot.
(c) A Chicano.
(d) A true pachuco.
15. What does Henry say to George when George leaves the boys after their trial?
(a) Have fun.
(b) Thank you.
(c) God Bless.
(d) See you soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, suggests that clothes do not what?
2. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
3. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
4. The military members say they attacked the others because they were staying home and wearing expensive clothes while what?
5. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)