|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry propose to Della while they are walking?
(a) That they buy a house.
(c) That they leave the gang.
(d) That they move.
2. Where are Henry and his gang members in Act 2, scene 1?
(a) In the courthouse.
(b) In a fire camp.
(c) In a work camp.
(d) In prison.
3. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
(a) The night of the murder at the dance.
(b) The night of the riots.
(c) The night of the Sleepy Hollow murder.
(d) The night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder.
4. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, shows that he is what?
(a) A Chicano.
(c) A true pachuco.
(d) An idiot.
5. What does Henry do when the guard comes in with new and more difficult work assignments?
(a) Gives in.
(c) Asks for reassignment.
(d) Beats the guard up.
6. On how many counts are the defendants found guilty?
7. The military members say they attacked the others because they were staying home and wearing expensive clothes while what?
(a) Real Americans rationed.
(b) Real Americans supported the war effort.
(c) Real Americans were frugal.
(d) Real Americans fought.
8. What word best describes El Pachuco's attitude towards white people?
9. Who do the military members attack while on leave in Los Angeles?
(a) The Asians.
(b) The non-whites.
(c) The Chicanos.
(d) The pachucos.
10. In what Act and scene does the Judge give the verdict?
(a) Act 1, scene 11.
(b) Act 1, scene 10.
(c) Act 1, scene 9.
(d) Act 1 scene 8.
11. Henry loses his temper with El Pachuco and demands that El Pachuco do what?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Never talk to him again.
(c) Stop talking.
(d) Get out of his brain.
12. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
(a) The people are too poor to give.
(b) It is humiliating.
(c) They don't need the money.
(d) It is disrespectful.
13. Henry's confrontation with the guard and El Pachuco reveal the depth of his what?
14. What do the military members do to El Pachuco on the night of the riots?
(a) Humiliate him.
(b) Ruin him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Strip him.
15. In Joey's letters the audience is able to see he is falling in love with whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2 Henry is confronted with the notion that he is what as both an individual and as a member of the Chicano community?
2. In Act 1, scene 10, Henry and Della are strolling where?
3. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
4. What does Henry say to George when George leaves the boys after their trial?
5. Della is the first witness called by whom?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)