|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
2. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
3. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
(c) Lt. Edwards.
(d) El Pachuco.
4. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
(a) The 70s.
(b) The 20s.
(c) The 40s.
(d) The 50s.
5. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
(a) All rich people.
(b) All lawyers.
(c) All leaders.
(d) All whites.
6. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
(a) Their own purposes.
(b) To get ahead in the world.
(c) AS a poster boy for injustice.
7. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
(a) Tough cops.
(b) Lazy cops.
(c) Hard-working cops.
(d) Honest cops.
8. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
9. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
(a) A rigged trial.
(b) A mass trial.
(c) A media trial.
(d) A prejudiced trial.
10. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
11. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
(a) Butcher knives.
12. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
(a) Protect the boys' parents.
(b) Keep the boys out of jail.
(c) Protect the boys' gang.
(d) Represent the boys.
13. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
14. Who observes the police raid in the barrio?
(a) The federal agents.
(c) The press.
(d) The lawyers.
15. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
(a) A frame-up.
(d) Shoddy investigative work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
2. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's idea of fighting in the military is ridiculous?
3. According to Alice, why is she asking Henry questions?
4. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
5. According to El Pachuco, what do people think Henry is?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)