|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is a zoot suit cut?
(a) Large and baggy.
(b) Loose and tailored.
(c) Narrow and close-fitting.
(d) Slim and tight.
2. What is Henry going to learn the extent of in the courtroom?
(c) The law.
(d) His actions.
3. Who is El Pachuco?
(a) The chorus.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The main character.
(d) The star of the play.
4. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
5. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
(a) In a narrative.
(b) Through flashbacks.
(c) In a soliloquy.
(d) Through an aside.
6. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Be a pachuco for life.
(c) Come out on top.
(d) Stand up for the Chicano way of life.
7. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(b) In the 1800s.
(c) In the 20s.
(d) In the 80s.
8. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
(a) Sleepy Cove.
(b) Sleepy River.
(c) Sleepy Lagoon.
(d) Sleepy Cave.
9. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
10. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
(d) Butcher knives.
11. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
(c) Give an aside.
12. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
13. What was Rudy doing the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder that Henry was warned about?
(a) Starting a fight.
(b) Wanting to fight.
(c) Doing drugs.
(d) Drinking too much.
14. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
15. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
2. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
3. According to the Press, how many members of Henry's gang are arrested?
4. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
5. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)