|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
(a) Rosarita and Jose.
(b) Henry and El Pachuco.
(c) Della and Allison.
(d) Rafas and Ruby.
2. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
3. How is a zoot suit cut?
(a) Narrow and close-fitting.
(b) Large and baggy.
(c) Slim and tight.
(d) Loose and tailored.
4. Who is El Pachuco?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The chorus.
(c) The star of the play.
(d) The main character.
5. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
(a) A letter.
(b) A care package.
(d) Clean clothes.
6. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
(a) AS a poster boy for injustice.
(c) Their own purposes.
(d) To get ahead in the world.
7. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 20s.
(b) In the 80s.
(c) In the 1800s.
8. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) Car horns.
(b) Beat boxes.
9. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
10. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
11. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A meeting in the barrio.
(b) A dance in the barrio.
(c) A church in the barrio.
(d) A store in the barrio.
12. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
(a) A mass trial.
(b) A rigged trial.
(c) A prejudiced trial.
(d) A media trial.
13. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Rafas orders them to leave.
(b) When Henry beats up Rafas.
(c) When Rafas beats up Henry.
(d) When Henry lets Rafas go.
14. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
(c) Commenting on the action.
15. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
(d) Middle Easterners.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Press, how many members of Henry's gang are arrested?
2. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
3. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
4. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
5. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)