|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
2. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
(a) Not based in reality.
(b) Ineffective in practice.
(c) Hard to accomplish in reality.
(d) Slow in practice.
3. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
(a) A frame-up.
(c) Shoddy investigative work.
4. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) With headlines.
(b) By El Pachuco.
(c) By George.
(d) With a television reporter.
5. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
6. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
(a) Give an aside.
7. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 20s.
(b) In the 1800s.
(d) In the 80s.
8. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
9. How is a zoot suit cut?
(a) Slim and tight.
(b) Loose and tailored.
(c) Narrow and close-fitting.
(d) Large and baggy.
10. Who is El Pachuco?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The star of the play.
(c) The chorus.
(d) The main character.
11. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
(a) Sleepy Cove.
(b) Sleepy Cave.
(c) Sleepy River.
(d) Sleepy Lagoon.
12. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
(c) Middle Easterners.
13. Where does Henry put his knife?
(a) At Rafas' arm.
(b) At Rafas' throat.
(c) At Rafas' ear.
(d) At Rafas' knee.
14. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
(a) To go into the Air Force.
(b) To go into the Marines.
(c) To go into the Army.
(d) To go into the Navy.
15. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
2. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
3. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
4. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
5. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)