|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(b) In the 20s.
(c) In the 80s.
(d) In the 1800s.
2. How is a zoot suit cut?
(a) Loose and tailored.
(b) Large and baggy.
(c) Slim and tight.
(d) Narrow and close-fitting.
3. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
(b) Middle Easterners.
4. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
(a) Tough cops.
(b) Hard-working cops.
(c) Lazy cops.
(d) Honest cops.
5. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
6. What is Henry going to learn the extent of in the courtroom?
(a) His actions.
(c) The law.
7. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
(b) AS a poster boy for injustice.
(c) To get ahead in the world.
(d) Their own purposes.
8. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
(a) In a narrative.
(b) Through flashbacks.
(c) Through an aside.
(d) In a soliloquy.
9. Who observes the police raid in the barrio?
(a) The federal agents.
(b) The press.
(d) The lawyers.
10. What job does Alice say she has?
(b) Public defender.
(c) Social activist.
(d) Immigration lawyer.
11. Who takes Henry out of the line-up and throws him to the floor?
12. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
13. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
14. What was Rudy doing the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder that Henry was warned about?
(a) Drinking too much.
(b) Starting a fight.
(c) Wanting to fight.
(d) Doing drugs.
15. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
(a) A commentator.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Henry's conscience.
(d) Henry's confidante.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
2. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
3. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
4. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
5. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)