|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
(a) Through flashbacks.
(b) In a soliloquy.
(c) Through an aside.
(d) In a narrative.
2. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
(a) Sleepy Lagoon.
(b) Sleepy Cave.
(c) Sleepy River.
(d) Sleepy Cove.
3. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) Beat boxes.
(b) Car horns.
4. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 20s.
(b) In the 1800s.
(c) In the 80s.
5. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
(a) The police.
(c) El Pachuco.
6. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) In jail.
(b) In a courthouse.
(c) At a police station.
(d) At a trial.
7. According to El Pachuco, what do people think Henry is?
(a) A peaceful leader.
(b) A patient gang member.
(c) A smart man.
(d) A violent thug.
8. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
(c) Commenting on the action.
9. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A meeting in the barrio.
(b) A store in the barrio.
(c) A church in the barrio.
(d) A dance in the barrio.
10. What is the name of Henry's mother?
11. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
(a) Keep the boys out of jail.
(b) Represent the boys.
(c) Protect the boys' parents.
(d) Protect the boys' gang.
12. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
(a) His community.
(b) His race.
(c) His gang.
13. Who is El Pachuco?
(a) The main character.
(b) The chorus.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The star of the play.
14. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
15. El Pachuco says Henry should stay and fight a war in his hometown against what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
2. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
3. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
4. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
5. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)