|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who observes the police raid in the barrio?
(a) The federal agents.
(b) The press.
(d) The lawyers.
2. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
3. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
(a) To protect his sister.
(b) To defend his gang.
(c) To defend his brother.
(d) To protect his honor.
4. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
(a) El Pachuco.
(c) The police.
5. What is the name of Henry's mother?
6. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(a) Familial visits.
(b) Clean clothing.
7. Who takes Henry out of the line-up and throws him to the floor?
8. What is the name of Henry's father?
9. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
(c) Lt. Edwards.
(d) El Pachuco.
10. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
11. What was Rudy doing the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder that Henry was warned about?
(a) Drinking too much.
(b) Starting a fight.
(c) Doing drugs.
(d) Wanting to fight.
12. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Be a pachuco for life.
(c) Stand up for the Chicano way of life.
(d) Come out on top.
13. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Shoves him.
14. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
15. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
(a) A rigged trial.
(b) A media trial.
(c) A prejudiced trial.
(d) A mass trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
2. What job does Alice say she has?
3. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
4. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
5. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)