|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry put his knife?
(a) At Rafas' throat.
(b) At Rafas' arm.
(c) At Rafas' knee.
(d) At Rafas' ear.
2. The powerful pachuco dream, according to El Pachuco, is to be a proud and ______ Chicano.
3. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
4. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Henry lets Rafas go.
(b) When Rafas orders them to leave.
(c) When Henry beats up Rafas.
(d) When Rafas beats up Henry.
5. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) Beat boxes.
(b) Car horns.
6. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
(a) Intellectual rightists.
(b) Intellectual leftists.
(c) Intellectual social engagers.
(d) Intellectual conservatives.
7. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
(a) All rich people.
(b) All leaders.
(c) All whites.
(d) All lawyers.
8. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 80s.
(b) In the 20s.
(c) In the 1800s.
9. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) At a police station.
(b) At a trial.
(c) In jail.
(d) In a courthouse.
10. Who takes Henry out of the line-up and throws him to the floor?
11. According to El Pachuco, what do people think Henry is?
(a) A smart man.
(b) A patient gang member.
(c) A peaceful leader.
(d) A violent thug.
12. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
13. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) With a television reporter.
(b) By George.
(c) With headlines.
(d) By El Pachuco.
14. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To the courtroom.
(c) To the news station.
(d) To the newsroom.
15. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
(a) Henry and El Pachuco.
(b) Rafas and Ruby.
(c) Della and Allison.
(d) Rosarita and Jose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
2. What race is Tommy?
3. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
4. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
5. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)