|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
2. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) To the courtroom.
(b) To the newsroom.
(c) To the courthouse.
(d) To the news station.
3. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
(d) Middle Easterners.
4. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
(a) The 40s.
(b) The 70s.
(c) The 50s.
(d) The 20s.
5. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
(a) To protect his honor.
(b) To defend his brother.
(c) To defend his gang.
(d) To protect his sister.
6. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) In the fairness of the courts.
(b) That they will get a fair trial.
(c) That their lives will be better.
(d) In his innocence.
7. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
(a) Through flashbacks.
(b) In a narrative.
(c) Through an aside.
(d) In a soliloquy.
8. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(b) Clean clothing.
(c) Familial visits.
9. What does the play begin with?
(a) An epilogue.
(b) A prologue.
(c) An explanation.
(d) An action sequence.
10. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's idea of fighting in the military is ridiculous?
(a) Because law enforcement don't like him.
(b) Because he isn't allowed to vote.
(c) Because he isn't allowed to be a citizen.
(d) Because the country doesn't treat him like a proper citizen.
11. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
(d) Butcher knives.
12. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Rafas beats up Henry.
(b) When Henry beats up Rafas.
(c) When Rafas orders them to leave.
(d) When Henry lets Rafas go.
13. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
14. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
15. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A store in the barrio.
(b) A dance in the barrio.
(c) A church in the barrio.
(d) A meeting in the barrio.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to El Pachuco, what do people think Henry is?
2. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
3. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
4. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
5. What job does Alice say she has?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)