|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
(b) AS a poster boy for injustice.
(c) To get ahead in the world.
(d) Their own purposes.
2. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
(b) Give an aside.
3. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 80s.
(b) In the 20s.
(c) In the 1800s.
4. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(b) Clean clothing.
(d) Familial visits.
5. What is the name of Henry's father?
6. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Rafas orders them to leave.
(b) When Henry lets Rafas go.
(c) When Rafas beats up Henry.
(d) When Henry beats up Rafas.
7. What race is Tommy?
8. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
9. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
(a) Butcher knives.
10. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
(a) A letter.
(b) A care package.
(d) Clean clothes.
11. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
12. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
13. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
(a) Commenting on the action.
14. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(b) Pipe bombs.
(c) People's tempers.
15. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
(a) Alice and George.
(b) The Press.
(c) The judge and the Press.
(d) The policemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the play begin with?
2. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
3. Who observes the police raid in the barrio?
4. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
5. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)