|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(b) In the 1800s.
(c) In the 20s.
(d) In the 80s.
2. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
(a) Be a pachuco for life.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Come out on top.
(d) Stand up for the Chicano way of life.
3. Who is El Pachuco?
(a) The chorus.
(b) The star of the play.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The main character.
4. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
(a) The 40s.
(b) The 70s.
(c) The 50s.
(d) The 20s.
5. According to Alice, why is she asking Henry questions?
(a) She is George's assistant.
(b) She works for him.
(c) She wants to be his friend.
(d) She pities him.
6. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
(a) Their own purposes.
(c) AS a poster boy for injustice.
(d) To get ahead in the world.
7. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Henry beats up Rafas.
(b) When Rafas beats up Henry.
(c) When Henry lets Rafas go.
(d) When Rafas orders them to leave.
8. The powerful pachuco dream, according to El Pachuco, is to be a proud and ______ Chicano.
9. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
(a) Prevent cover-ups.
(b) Wipe out bad investigations.
(c) Wipe out prejudice.
(d) Wipe out bad police officers.
10. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) In his innocence.
(b) That they will get a fair trial.
(c) In the fairness of the courts.
(d) That their lives will be better.
11. What is Henry going to learn the extent of in the courtroom?
(c) His actions.
(d) The law.
12. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
(a) Give an aside.
13. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
(a) His race.
(b) His gang.
(c) His community.
14. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
(a) The narrator.
(b) A commentator.
(c) Henry's conscience.
(d) Henry's confidante.
15. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's father?
2. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
3. What job does Alice say she has?
4. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
5. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)