|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
(a) Set him up on a phony charge.
(b) Make him commit another crime.
(c) Set people up to accuse him.
(d) Charge him with a parole violation.
2. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) At a trial.
(b) At a police station.
(c) In a courthouse.
(d) In jail.
3. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
4. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
(a) Tough cops.
(b) Honest cops.
(c) Hard-working cops.
(d) Lazy cops.
5. Who takes Henry out of the line-up and throws him to the floor?
6. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
7. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
8. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
(a) A mass trial.
(b) A media trial.
(c) A prejudiced trial.
(d) A rigged trial.
9. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
10. What was Rudy doing the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder that Henry was warned about?
(a) Drinking too much.
(b) Doing drugs.
(c) Starting a fight.
(d) Wanting to fight.
11. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
(a) To defend his gang.
(b) To protect his honor.
(c) To defend his brother.
(d) To protect his sister.
12. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) With a television reporter.
(b) With headlines.
(c) By El Pachuco.
(d) By George.
13. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
14. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Rafas orders them to leave.
(b) When Rafas beats up Henry.
(c) When Henry lets Rafas go.
(d) When Henry beats up Rafas.
15. How is a zoot suit cut?
(a) Loose and tailored.
(b) Slim and tight.
(c) Narrow and close-fitting.
(d) Large and baggy.
Short Answer Questions
1. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
2. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
3. According to the Press, how many members of Henry's gang are arrested?
4. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
5. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)