|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
(a) Sleepy Lagoon.
(b) Sleepy Cave.
(c) Sleepy Cove.
(d) Sleepy River.
2. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(c) Beat boxes.
(d) Car horns.
3. What is Henry going to learn the extent of in the courtroom?
(a) The law.
(d) His actions.
4. What does the play begin with?
(a) A prologue.
(b) An action sequence.
(c) An explanation.
(d) An epilogue.
5. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
(a) A rigged trial.
(b) A mass trial.
(c) A prejudiced trial.
(d) A media trial.
6. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) To the courtroom.
(b) To the news station.
(c) To the courthouse.
(d) To the newsroom.
7. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
(a) Ineffective in practice.
(b) Hard to accomplish in reality.
(c) Slow in practice.
(d) Not based in reality.
8. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
(c) Commenting on the action.
9. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
10. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Shoves him.
(d) Kicks him.
11. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
(a) All whites.
(b) All rich people.
(c) All leaders.
(d) All lawyers.
12. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
(d) Butcher knives.
13. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
(a) Through flashbacks.
(b) Through an aside.
(c) In a narrative.
(d) In a soliloquy.
14. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(a) Familial visits.
(b) Clean clothing.
15. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
2. How is a zoot suit cut?
3. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
4. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
5. According to the Press, how many members of Henry's gang are arrested?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)