|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
2. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Henry lets Rafas go.
(b) When Henry beats up Rafas.
(c) When Rafas orders them to leave.
(d) When Rafas beats up Henry.
3. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) That their lives will be better.
(b) In his innocence.
(c) That they will get a fair trial.
(d) In the fairness of the courts.
4. Where does Henry put his knife?
(a) At Rafas' arm.
(b) At Rafas' throat.
(c) At Rafas' ear.
(d) At Rafas' knee.
5. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
(a) His community.
(b) His race.
(c) His gang.
6. According to the Press, how many members of Henry's gang are arrested?
7. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
(a) Honest cops.
(b) Tough cops.
(c) Lazy cops.
(d) Hard-working cops.
8. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) In a courthouse.
(b) At a trial.
(c) At a police station.
(d) In jail.
9. What job does Alice say she has?
(a) Social activist.
(b) Public defender.
(c) Immigration lawyer.
10. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
(a) The 20s.
(b) The 50s.
(c) The 70s.
(d) The 40s.
11. What race is Tommy?
12. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
(a) Rosarita and Jose.
(b) Della and Allison.
(c) Rafas and Ruby.
(d) Henry and El Pachuco.
13. Who takes Henry out of the line-up and throws him to the floor?
14. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
15. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(c) People's tempers.
(d) Pipe bombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
2. How is a zoot suit cut?
3. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
4. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
5. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)