|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
(a) Sleepy Lagoon.
(b) Sleepy Cave.
(c) Sleepy Cove.
(d) Sleepy River.
2. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
3. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Shoves him.
4. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
(a) The 50s.
(b) The 40s.
(c) The 70s.
(d) The 20s.
5. What job does Alice say she has?
(a) Immigration lawyer.
(b) Public defender.
(d) Social activist.
6. What is the name of Henry's father?
7. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
(a) Shoddy investigative work.
(d) A frame-up.
8. How is a zoot suit cut?
(a) Loose and tailored.
(b) Narrow and close-fitting.
(c) Slim and tight.
(d) Large and baggy.
9. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
(a) Wipe out bad police officers.
(b) Prevent cover-ups.
(c) Wipe out prejudice.
(d) Wipe out bad investigations.
10. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) A zoot suit.
(b) A gang sweatshirt.
(c) A t-shirt and jeans.
(d) Gang colors.
11. Where does Henry put his knife?
(a) At Rafas' ear.
(b) At Rafas' arm.
(c) At Rafas' throat.
(d) At Rafas' knee.
12. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
13. What does the play begin with?
(a) A prologue.
(b) An action sequence.
(c) An explanation.
(d) An epilogue.
14. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
(a) To go into the Marines.
(b) To go into the Air Force.
(c) To go into the Navy.
(d) To go into the Army.
15. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
(a) Not based in reality.
(b) Slow in practice.
(c) Hard to accomplish in reality.
(d) Ineffective in practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. The powerful pachuco dream, according to El Pachuco, is to be a proud and ______ Chicano.
2. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
3. According to Alice, why is she asking Henry questions?
4. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
5. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)