|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) In the fairness of the courts.
(b) In his innocence.
(c) That they will get a fair trial.
(d) That their lives will be better.
2. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
3. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
4. According to El Pachuco, what do people think Henry is?
(a) A patient gang member.
(b) A peaceful leader.
(c) A smart man.
(d) A violent thug.
5. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
(a) Tough cops.
(b) Lazy cops.
(c) Hard-working cops.
(d) Honest cops.
6. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
(a) The Press.
(b) Alice and George.
(c) The judge and the Press.
(d) The policemen.
7. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
(c) The police.
(d) El Pachuco.
8. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
(a) Shoves him.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Punches him.
9. What race is Tommy?
10. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
(a) Set people up to accuse him.
(b) Set him up on a phony charge.
(c) Make him commit another crime.
(d) Charge him with a parole violation.
11. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
(a) A letter.
(b) A care package.
(c) Clean clothes.
12. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
(a) Sleepy River.
(b) Sleepy Lagoon.
(c) Sleepy Cove.
(d) Sleepy Cave.
13. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
14. What is Henry going to learn the extent of in the courtroom?
(a) His actions.
(d) The law.
15. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) In jail.
(b) At a police station.
(c) At a trial.
(d) In a courthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
2. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
3. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
4. The powerful pachuco dream, according to El Pachuco, is to be a proud and ______ Chicano.
5. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)