|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
(a) Rafas and Ruby.
(b) Henry and El Pachuco.
(c) Della and Allison.
(d) Rosarita and Jose.
2. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
(c) Middle Easterners.
3. What race is Tommy?
4. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Shoves him.
5. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
6. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) To the courtroom.
(b) To the newsroom.
(c) To the news station.
(d) To the courthouse.
7. According to El Pachuco, why is Alice asking Henry questions?
(a) To make herself look smart.
(b) Because she is biased.
(c) To get herself ahead.
(d) For her own purposes.
8. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
9. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
10. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A meeting in the barrio.
(b) A dance in the barrio.
(c) A church in the barrio.
(d) A store in the barrio.
11. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
(c) El Pachuco.
(d) The police.
12. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
(a) Slow in practice.
(b) Ineffective in practice.
(c) Not based in reality.
(d) Hard to accomplish in reality.
13. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
14. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
(a) Sleepy Cove.
(b) Sleepy Cave.
(c) Sleepy Lagoon.
(d) Sleepy River.
15. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
(a) Through flashbacks.
(b) In a narrative.
(c) In a soliloquy.
(d) Through an aside.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Alice, why is she asking Henry questions?
2. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
3. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
4. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
5. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)