|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) At a police station.
(b) In a courthouse.
(c) At a trial.
(d) In jail.
2. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) That they will get a fair trial.
(b) That their lives will be better.
(c) In the fairness of the courts.
(d) In his innocence.
3. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
4. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Rafas orders them to leave.
(b) When Henry beats up Rafas.
(c) When Henry lets Rafas go.
(d) When Rafas beats up Henry.
5. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(a) Familial visits.
(c) Clean clothing.
6. El Pachuco says Henry should stay and fight a war in his hometown against what?
7. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Shoves him.
(d) Hits him.
8. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) Beat boxes.
(c) Car horns.
9. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
(a) Wipe out prejudice.
(b) Prevent cover-ups.
(c) Wipe out bad investigations.
(d) Wipe out bad police officers.
10. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) A gang sweatshirt.
(b) A zoot suit.
(c) Gang colors.
(d) A t-shirt and jeans.
11. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
12. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A meeting in the barrio.
(b) A church in the barrio.
(c) A store in the barrio.
(d) A dance in the barrio.
13. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) To the courtroom.
(b) To the courthouse.
(c) To the news station.
(d) To the newsroom.
14. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
(a) The Press.
(b) The judge and the Press.
(c) The policemen.
(d) Alice and George.
15. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
2. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
3. What was Rudy doing the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder that Henry was warned about?
4. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
5. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)