|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
2. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
(a) Come out on top.
(b) Be a pachuco for life.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Stand up for the Chicano way of life.
3. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Shoves him.
4. What does the play begin with?
(a) An explanation.
(b) A prologue.
(c) An epilogue.
(d) An action sequence.
5. El Pachuco says Henry should stay and fight a war in his hometown against what?
6. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
(d) Give an aside.
7. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) Pipe bombs.
(c) People's tempers.
8. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's idea of fighting in the military is ridiculous?
(a) Because law enforcement don't like him.
(b) Because the country doesn't treat him like a proper citizen.
(c) Because he isn't allowed to vote.
(d) Because he isn't allowed to be a citizen.
9. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
10. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(c) Clean clothing.
(d) Familial visits.
11. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
12. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
(b) Lt. Edwards.
(d) El Pachuco.
13. Who observes the police raid in the barrio?
(a) The federal agents.
(b) The lawyers.
(d) The press.
14. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
(c) Middle Easterners.
15. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
(a) The Press.
(b) The judge and the Press.
(c) Alice and George.
(d) The policemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
2. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
3. Who takes Henry out of the line-up and throws him to the floor?
4. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
5. According to El Pachuco, why is Alice asking Henry questions?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)