|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
2. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
3. El Pachuco says Henry should stay and fight a war in his hometown against what?
4. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) A gang sweatshirt.
(b) A t-shirt and jeans.
(c) Gang colors.
(d) A zoot suit.
5. Where does Henry put his knife?
(a) At Rafas' throat.
(b) At Rafas' knee.
(c) At Rafas' ear.
(d) At Rafas' arm.
6. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
(a) Butcher knives.
7. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
(a) A letter.
(b) A care package.
(c) Clean clothes.
8. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 20s.
(c) In the 80s.
(d) In the 1800s.
9. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
10. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
(a) Be a pachuco for life.
(b) Stand up for the Chicano way of life.
(c) Come out on top.
(d) Join the military.
11. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(a) Clean clothing.
(d) Familial visits.
12. The powerful pachuco dream, according to El Pachuco, is to be a proud and ______ Chicano.
13. According to the Press, how many members of Henry's gang are arrested?
14. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) In jail.
(b) In a courthouse.
(c) At a police station.
(d) At a trial.
15. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
(a) Wipe out bad investigations.
(b) Prevent cover-ups.
(c) Wipe out prejudice.
(d) Wipe out bad police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
2. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
3. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
4. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
5. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)