|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
(d) Butcher knives.
2. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(b) Beat boxes.
(c) Car horns.
3. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Henry's confidante.
(c) A commentator.
(d) Henry's conscience.
4. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
(a) Intellectual conservatives.
(b) Intellectual rightists.
(c) Intellectual social engagers.
(d) Intellectual leftists.
5. According to Alice, why is she asking Henry questions?
(a) She is George's assistant.
(b) She works for him.
(c) She pities him.
(d) She wants to be his friend.
6. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A store in the barrio.
(b) A church in the barrio.
(c) A meeting in the barrio.
(d) A dance in the barrio.
7. Where does Henry put his knife?
(a) At Rafas' ear.
(b) At Rafas' knee.
(c) At Rafas' arm.
(d) At Rafas' throat.
8. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
(a) A rigged trial.
(b) A mass trial.
(c) A media trial.
(d) A prejudiced trial.
9. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
10. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
11. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
12. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
13. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) That their lives will be better.
(b) In the fairness of the courts.
(c) In his innocence.
(d) That they will get a fair trial.
14. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) Gang colors.
(b) A zoot suit.
(c) A t-shirt and jeans.
(d) A gang sweatshirt.
15. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
(a) Set people up to accuse him.
(b) Set him up on a phony charge.
(c) Make him commit another crime.
(d) Charge him with a parole violation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
2. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
3. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
4. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
5. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)