|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
(a) Sleepy Cove.
(b) Sleepy Lagoon.
(c) Sleepy River.
(d) Sleepy Cave.
2. What is the name of Henry's mother?
3. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
4. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
5. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) At a police station.
(b) In jail.
(c) In a courthouse.
(d) At a trial.
6. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) A zoot suit.
(b) A gang sweatshirt.
(c) A t-shirt and jeans.
(d) Gang colors.
7. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
(a) Give an aside.
8. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
(a) Be a pachuco for life.
(b) Stand up for the Chicano way of life.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Come out on top.
9. Who is El Pachuco?
(a) The star of the play.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The chorus.
(d) The main character.
10. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
(a) Hard to accomplish in reality.
(b) Slow in practice.
(c) Not based in reality.
(d) Ineffective in practice.
11. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 80s.
(b) In the 1800s.
(c) In the 20s.
12. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
(a) What happened at the barn.
(b) What happened the night of the dance.
(c) What happened in the field.
(d) What happened at the diner.
13. According to El Pachuco, why is Alice asking Henry questions?
(a) To get herself ahead.
(b) For her own purposes.
(c) To make herself look smart.
(d) Because she is biased.
14. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) Pipe bombs.
(c) People's tempers.
15. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
(a) To defend his brother.
(b) To protect his honor.
(c) To protect his sister.
(d) To defend his gang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
2. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
3. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
4. What race is Tommy?
5. According to El Pachuco, what do people think Henry is?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)