Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is El Pachuco?
(a) The star of the play.
(b) The chorus.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The main character.
2. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
(a) Alice and George.
(b) The judge and the Press.
(c) The Press.
(d) The policemen.
3. What is the name of Henry's mother?
4. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) In the fairness of the courts.
(b) In his innocence.
(c) That their lives will be better.
(d) That they will get a fair trial.
5. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
6. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
7. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) Beat boxes.
(c) Car horns.
8. What job does Alice say she has?
(b) Social activist.
(c) Immigration lawyer.
(d) Public defender.
9. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
(a) Wipe out bad investigations.
(b) Wipe out bad police officers.
(c) Wipe out prejudice.
(d) Prevent cover-ups.
10. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
(a) All whites.
(b) All lawyers.
(c) All leaders.
(d) All rich people.
11. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
(b) Their own purposes.
(c) To get ahead in the world.
(d) AS a poster boy for injustice.
12. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
13. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
(a) Hard to accomplish in reality.
(b) Not based in reality.
(c) Slow in practice.
(d) Ineffective in practice.
14. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(b) Clean clothing.
(d) Familial visits.
15. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
2. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
3. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
4. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
5. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)