|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
2. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
3. The powerful pachuco dream, according to El Pachuco, is to be a proud and ______ Chicano.
4. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
(a) Keep the boys out of jail.
(b) Protect the boys' parents.
(c) Represent the boys.
(d) Protect the boys' gang.
5. According to the Press, how many members of Henry's gang are arrested?
6. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) Pipe bombs.
(b) People's tempers.
7. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
8. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
(b) To get ahead in the world.
(c) Their own purposes.
(d) AS a poster boy for injustice.
9. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's idea of fighting in the military is ridiculous?
(a) Because the country doesn't treat him like a proper citizen.
(b) Because he isn't allowed to vote.
(c) Because law enforcement don't like him.
(d) Because he isn't allowed to be a citizen.
10. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
(a) Intellectual conservatives.
(b) Intellectual social engagers.
(c) Intellectual rightists.
(d) Intellectual leftists.
11. What does the play begin with?
(a) An action sequence.
(b) An explanation.
(c) A prologue.
(d) An epilogue.
12. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) In the fairness of the courts.
(b) That they will get a fair trial.
(c) That their lives will be better.
(d) In his innocence.
13. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
(a) A media trial.
(b) A prejudiced trial.
(c) A mass trial.
(d) A rigged trial.
14. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Shoves him.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Hits him.
15. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
(a) The 50s.
(b) The 70s.
(c) The 40s.
(d) The 20s.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco says Henry should stay and fight a war in his hometown against what?
2. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
3. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
4. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
5. Who is El Pachuco?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)