|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George insists that the Prosecution has only proved what?
(a) That the boys are Chicano.
(b) That the boys wear similar clothes.
(c) That the boys know each other.
(d) That the boys were being boys.
2. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(b) Pipe bombs.
(c) People's tempers.
3. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
4. Where are Henry and his gang members in Act 2, scene 1?
(a) In a work camp.
(b) In a fire camp.
(c) In prison.
(d) In the courthouse.
5. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
(a) Sleepy River.
(b) Sleepy Lagoon.
(c) Sleepy Cove.
(d) Sleepy Cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
2. What does it suggest that the Press plays the prosecution?
3. Della is the first witness called by whom?
4. What do Della and Henry hear after Della accepts Henry's proposal?
5. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)