|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's mother?
2. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A store in the barrio.
(b) A meeting in the barrio.
(c) A dance in the barrio.
(d) A church in the barrio.
3. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
(a) It is humiliating.
(b) The people are too poor to give.
(c) It is disrespectful.
(d) They don't need the money.
4. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
5. What does the play begin with?
(a) An explanation.
(b) A prologue.
(c) An epilogue.
(d) An action sequence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry react to George and Alice's actions during the break in the court proceedings?
2. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
3. When the guard calls out their numbers, what do the boys call out?
4. According to El Pachuco, why is Alice asking Henry questions?
5. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)