|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Shoves him.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Kicks him.
2. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
(a) Henry's confidante.
(b) A commentator.
(c) Henry's conscience.
(d) The narrator.
3. According to El Pachuco, what happens to a Mexican once he is in jail?
(a) He stays in jail.
(b) He dies in jail.
(c) He fights in jail.
(d) He lives in jail.
4. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
(a) Keep the boys out of jail.
(b) Protect the boys' parents.
(c) Represent the boys.
(d) Protect the boys' gang.
5. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
(a) Fit into American life.
(b) Have the American dream.
(c) Have a family.
(d) Live the Chicano lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
2. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
3. What job does Alice say she has?
4. In Act 2 Henry is confronted with the notion that he is what as both an individual and as a member of the Chicano community?
5. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)