|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry asks Alice to pass along his love for whom?
(a) His family.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
2. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) A t-shirt and jeans.
(b) A gang sweatshirt.
(c) A zoot suit.
(d) Gang colors.
3. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, shows that he is what?
(b) A Chicano.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A true pachuco.
4. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
(a) Protect the boys' gang.
(b) Represent the boys.
(c) Keep the boys out of jail.
(d) Protect the boys' parents.
5. What does it suggest that the Press plays the prosecution?
(a) That the press is influencing the jury in the trial.
(b) That someone other than the justice system is creating prejudice.
(c) That the press is influencing public perception of the Chicanos.
(d) That someone other than the justice system is trying the gang.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prosecution says Henry and his friends aren't only guilty of the crime, but are also guilty of what?
2. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
3. What are the letters about that Alice writes to the boys?
4. Every objection George makes during the trial is what?
5. What is the name of Henry's mother?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)