|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(b) Pipe bombs.
(d) People's tempers.
2. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) At a trial.
(b) In jail.
(c) At a police station.
(d) In a courthouse.
3. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
(a) Get to the truth of the matter.
(b) Put the guilty people in jail.
(c) Set Henry and the others free.
(d) Railroad Henry and the others.
4. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
5. According to Alice, why is she asking Henry questions?
(a) She is George's assistant.
(b) She works for him.
(c) She wants to be his friend.
(d) She pities him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
2. What does Alice do when Henry tells her he is dropping out of the appeal?
3. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
4. What good news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
5. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)