|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, shows that he is what?
(a) An idiot.
(b) A Chicano.
(d) A true pachuco.
2. What is the important thing in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The growth of various relationships.
(b) The persecution.
(c) The setting.
(d) The action.
3. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
(a) Strip Chicanos of their identity.
(b) Leave Chicanos with nothing.
(c) Make Chicanos fit in with Americans.
(d) Make Chicanos fight for America.
4. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
(a) Comfort him.
(b) Reassure him.
(c) Get him new clothes.
(d) Get him to relax.
5. How does Henry react to George and Alice's actions during the break in the court proceedings?
(a) He laments them.
(b) He accepts them.
(c) He mocks them.
(d) He rejects them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
2. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
3. What bad news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
4. How is a zoot suit cut?
5. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)