|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) Gang colors.
(b) A t-shirt and jeans.
(c) A gang sweatshirt.
(d) A zoot suit.
2. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
(b) The News.
(d) The Press.
3. In Act 1, scene 10, Henry and Della are strolling where?
(a) In the moonlight.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In a field.
(d) Down the town square.
4. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) To the newsroom.
(b) To the courtroom.
(c) To the news station.
(d) To the courthouse.
5. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
(a) The people are too poor to give.
(b) It is humiliating.
(c) It is disrespectful.
(d) They don't need the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Act and scene does the Judge give the verdict?
2. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
3. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
4. What is the name of Henry's mother?
5. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)