|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
(b) His race.
(c) His community.
(d) His gang.
2. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
(a) It is humiliating.
(b) It is disrespectful.
(c) The people are too poor to give.
(d) They don't need the money.
3. George insists that the Prosecution has only proved what?
(a) That the boys were being boys.
(b) That the boys know each other.
(c) That the boys wear similar clothes.
(d) That the boys are Chicano.
4. What is the name for a break in court proceedings?
(a) A closure.
(b) A recess.
(c) A ending.
(d) A break.
5. What sentence do Henry and the others receive?
(c) Life imprisonment.
(d) Life without parole.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, scene 6, who gives commentary on the narration?
2. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
3. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
4. What bad news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
5. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)