|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name for a break in court proceedings?
(a) A closure.
(b) A recess.
(c) A ending.
(d) A break.
2. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
(a) His race.
(b) His community.
(d) His gang.
3. How does Henry react to George and Alice's actions during the break in the court proceedings?
(a) He laments them.
(b) He rejects them.
(c) He mocks them.
(d) He accepts them.
4. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) At a police station.
(b) In a courthouse.
(c) At a trial.
(d) In jail.
5. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) A gang sweatshirt.
(b) A zoot suit.
(c) A t-shirt and jeans.
(d) Gang colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
2. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
3. Every objection George makes during the trial is what?
4. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
5. George insists that the Prosecution has only proved what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)