|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
(a) Come out on top.
(b) Stand up for the Chicano way of life.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Be a pachuco for life.
2. The powerful pachuco dream, according to El Pachuco, is to be a proud and ______ Chicano.
3. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
4. How does Henry react to George and Alice's actions during the break in the court proceedings?
(a) He laments them.
(b) He mocks them.
(c) He rejects them.
(d) He accepts them.
5. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) With headlines.
(b) By George.
(c) By El Pachuco.
(d) With a television reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
2. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
3. In Joey's letters the audience is able to see he is falling in love with whom?
4. According to El Pachuco, why is Alice asking Henry questions?
5. What is the last thing that happens before the jury deliberates?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)