|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) In his innocence.
(b) That their lives will be better.
(c) In the fairness of the courts.
(d) That they will get a fair trial.
2. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
(a) Shoves him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Punches him.
3. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 20s.
(b) In the 80s.
(c) In the 1800s.
4. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
(a) A reversal.
(b) An appeal.
(c) A re-trial.
(d) A mis-trial.
5. What word best describes El Pachuco's attitude towards white people?
Short Answer Questions
1. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
2. The powerful pachuco dream, according to El Pachuco, is to be a proud and ______ Chicano.
3. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
4. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
5. Who is El Pachuco?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)