|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A church in the barrio.
(b) A store in the barrio.
(c) A dance in the barrio.
(d) A meeting in the barrio.
2. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
(b) Give an aside.
3. What is Henry going to learn the extent of in the courtroom?
(a) The law.
(c) His actions.
4. What race is Tommy?
5. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) With a television reporter.
(b) By George.
(c) With headlines.
(d) By El Pachuco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's idea of fighting in the military is ridiculous?
2. On how many counts are the defendants found guilty?
3. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
4. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
5. What type of technique is used to make Henry's trial a joke?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)