|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) With headlines.
(b) By El Pachuco.
(c) With a television reporter.
(d) By George.
2. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
(a) Have the American dream.
(b) Have a family.
(c) Fit into American life.
(d) Live the Chicano lifestyle.
3. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
(a) Get him new clothes.
(b) Get him to relax.
(c) Reassure him.
(d) Comfort him.
4. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
(a) Wipe out prejudice.
(b) Wipe out bad police officers.
(c) Wipe out bad investigations.
(d) Prevent cover-ups.
5. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
2. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
3. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's idea of fighting in the military is ridiculous?
4. Who beats up Henry when he tries to run down Rafas?
5. What does Henry propose to Della while they are walking?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)