|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Alice, why is she asking Henry questions?
(a) She wants to be his friend.
(b) She is George's assistant.
(c) She works for him.
(d) She pities him.
2. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's idea of fighting in the military is ridiculous?
(a) Because he isn't allowed to vote.
(b) Because the country doesn't treat him like a proper citizen.
(c) Because he isn't allowed to be a citizen.
(d) Because law enforcement don't like him.
3. At the end of Act 1, scene11, El Pachuco says that it is what?
(a) The end of the matter.
(b) Time to go to jail.
(d) The end of prejudice.
4. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
5. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
(a) Sleepy Cove.
(b) Sleepy Cave.
(c) Sleepy Lagoon.
(d) Sleepy River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
2. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
3. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
4. Where does Henry put his knife?
5. What sentence do Henry and the others receive?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)