|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to El Pachuco, what do people think Henry is?
(a) A patient gang member.
(b) A violent thug.
(c) A peaceful leader.
(d) A smart man.
2. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) In jail.
(b) In a courthouse.
(c) At a trial.
(d) At a police station.
3. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) By El Pachuco.
(b) With a television reporter.
(c) With headlines.
(d) By George.
4. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(b) In the 20s.
(c) In the 80s.
(d) In the 1800s.
5. In what Act and scene does the Judge give the verdict?
(a) Act 1 scene 8.
(b) Act 1, scene 10.
(c) Act 1, scene 9.
(d) Act 1, scene 11.
Short Answer Questions
1. What race is Tommy?
2. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
3. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
4. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
5. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)