|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) Car horns.
(d) Beat boxes.
2. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
(a) The Press.
(b) The policemen.
(c) Alice and George.
(d) The judge and the Press.
3. Who beats up Henry when he tries to run down Rafas?
(a) The Sourtenos.
(b) The Downeys.
(c) The Nortenos.
(d) The Loopies.
4. In what Act and scene does the Judge give the verdict?
(a) Act 1, scene 11.
(b) Act 1 scene 8.
(c) Act 1, scene 9.
(d) Act 1, scene 10.
5. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
2. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
3. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
4. Who is El Pachuco?
5. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)