|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) With headlines.
(b) With a television reporter.
(c) By George.
(d) By El Pachuco.
2. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A dance in the barrio.
(b) A meeting in the barrio.
(c) A church in the barrio.
(d) A store in the barrio.
3. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
(a) Give an aside.
4. According to Alice, why is she asking Henry questions?
(a) She pities him.
(b) She works for him.
(c) She wants to be his friend.
(d) She is George's assistant.
5. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's idea of fighting in the military is ridiculous?
(a) Because he isn't allowed to be a citizen.
(b) Because the country doesn't treat him like a proper citizen.
(c) Because he isn't allowed to vote.
(d) Because law enforcement don't like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
2. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
3. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
4. How is a zoot suit cut?
5. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)