|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rudy doing the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder that Henry was warned about?
(a) Wanting to fight.
(b) Doing drugs.
(c) Drinking too much.
(d) Starting a fight.
2. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
3. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) In the fairness of the courts.
(b) In his innocence.
(c) That they will get a fair trial.
(d) That their lives will be better.
4. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
(c) A frame-up.
(d) Shoddy investigative work.
5. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
(a) Be a pachuco for life.
(b) Stand up for the Chicano way of life.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Come out on top.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
2. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
3. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
4. According to Alice, why is she asking Henry questions?
5. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)