|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
(a) The narrator.
(b) A commentator.
(c) Henry's confidante.
(d) Henry's conscience.
2. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(a) Familial visits.
(b) Clean clothing.
3. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) A t-shirt and jeans.
(b) A zoot suit.
(c) A gang sweatshirt.
(d) Gang colors.
4. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
(a) What happened in the field.
(b) What happened at the diner.
(c) What happened the night of the dance.
(d) What happened at the barn.
5. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
(a) Rafas and Ruby.
(b) Della and Allison.
(c) Henry and El Pachuco.
(d) Rosarita and Jose.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
2. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
3. What job does Alice say she has?
4. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
5. Who is El Pachuco?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)