|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A store in the barrio.
(b) A church in the barrio.
(c) A dance in the barrio.
(d) A meeting in the barrio.
2. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
3. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
(d) Butcher knives.
4. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
(a) Henry and El Pachuco.
(b) Della and Allison.
(c) Rafas and Ruby.
(d) Rosarita and Jose.
5. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
(a) Through an aside.
(b) In a soliloquy.
(c) Through flashbacks.
(d) In a narrative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the play begin with?
2. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
3. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
4. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
5. What is Henry going to learn the extent of in the courtroom?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)