|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(b) In the 1800s.
(c) In the 80s.
(d) In the 20s.
2. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
3. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A dance in the barrio.
(b) A meeting in the barrio.
(c) A store in the barrio.
(d) A church in the barrio.
4. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
(a) What happened the night of the dance.
(b) What happened at the barn.
(c) What happened at the diner.
(d) What happened in the field.
5. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(a) Familial visits.
(b) Clean clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
2. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
3. According to the Press, how many members of Henry's gang are arrested?
4. What is the name of Henry's father?
5. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)