|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) At a trial.
(b) In a courthouse.
(c) In jail.
(d) At a police station.
2. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) A gang sweatshirt.
(b) Gang colors.
(c) A t-shirt and jeans.
(d) A zoot suit.
3. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
(a) The narrator.
(b) A commentator.
(c) Henry's confidante.
(d) Henry's conscience.
4. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
(a) Alice and George.
(b) The judge and the Press.
(c) The policemen.
(d) The Press.
5. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To the courtroom.
(c) To the newsroom.
(d) To the news station.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
2. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
3. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
4. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
5. Who is El Pachuco?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)