|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
(a) Della and Allison.
(b) Rafas and Ruby.
(c) Henry and El Pachuco.
(d) Rosarita and Jose.
2. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) At a trial.
(b) At a police station.
(c) In a courthouse.
(d) In jail.
3. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
(a) To go into the Navy.
(b) To go into the Air Force.
(c) To go into the Marines.
(d) To go into the Army.
4. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
(a) Intellectual social engagers.
(b) Intellectual leftists.
(c) Intellectual rightists.
(d) Intellectual conservatives.
5. Who is El Pachuco?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The chorus.
(c) The main character.
(d) The star of the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Alice say she has?
2. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
3. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
4. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
5. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)