|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's idea of fighting in the military is ridiculous?
(a) Because the country doesn't treat him like a proper citizen.
(b) Because he isn't allowed to vote.
(c) Because he isn't allowed to be a citizen.
(d) Because law enforcement don't like him.
2. Who beats Henry into unconsciousness?
3. What does Rafas do to Rudy in the first scene of the play?
(a) Shoves him.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Hits him.
4. What was Rudy doing the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder that Henry was warned about?
(a) Wanting to fight.
(b) Doing drugs.
(c) Starting a fight.
(d) Drinking too much.
5. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
(a) Be a pachuco for life.
(b) Stand up for the Chicano way of life.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Come out on top.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is El Pachuco?
2. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
3. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
4. What race is Tommy?
5. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)