|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
(a) Hard-working cops.
(b) Honest cops.
(c) Lazy cops.
(d) Tough cops.
2. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
3. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) Pipe bombs.
(b) People's tempers.
4. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) Gang colors.
(b) A t-shirt and jeans.
(c) A zoot suit.
(d) A gang sweatshirt.
5. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
(c) Middle Easterners.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
2. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
3. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
4. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part heroic what?
5. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)