|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rudy doing the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder that Henry was warned about?
(a) Drinking too much.
(b) Wanting to fight.
(c) Starting a fight.
(d) Doing drugs.
2. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
(b) Shoddy investigative work.
(d) A frame-up.
3. Who is El Pachuco?
(a) The chorus.
(b) The main character.
(c) The star of the play.
(d) The narrator.
4. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A meeting in the barrio.
(b) A church in the barrio.
(c) A store in the barrio.
(d) A dance in the barrio.
5. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
(a) Commenting on the action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
2. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
3. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
4. What is the name of Henry's mother?
5. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)