|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
2. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) People's tempers.
(b) Pipe bombs.
3. The powerful pachuco dream, according to El Pachuco, is to be a proud and ______ Chicano.
4. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
(a) Be a pachuco for life.
(b) Stand up for the Chicano way of life.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Come out on top.
5. According to El Pachuco, what do people think Henry is?
(a) A smart man.
(b) A peaceful leader.
(c) A patient gang member.
(d) A violent thug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
2. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
3. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
4. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
5. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)