|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
(b) His gang.
(c) His community.
(d) His race.
2. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
3. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Rafas beats up Henry.
(b) When Rafas orders them to leave.
(c) When Henry beats up Rafas.
(d) When Henry lets Rafas go.
4. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
(a) All leaders.
(b) All rich people.
(c) All whites.
(d) All lawyers.
5. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To the newsroom.
(c) To the news station.
(d) To the courtroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
2. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
3. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
4. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
5. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)