|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
2. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) By El Pachuco.
(b) By George.
(c) With headlines.
(d) With a television reporter.
3. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
4. How is everyone dancing at the end of Act 1, scene 7?
5. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
(a) To go into the Navy.
(b) To go into the Army.
(c) To go into the Air Force.
(d) To go into the Marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
2. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
3. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
4. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
5. What type of trial does George tell the boys they will face?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)