|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
2. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
(b) A care package.
(c) A letter.
(d) Clean clothes.
3. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) That their lives will be better.
(b) In the fairness of the courts.
(c) In his innocence.
(d) That they will get a fair trial.
4. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
(a) To protect his honor.
(b) To defend his gang.
(c) To protect his sister.
(d) To defend his brother.
5. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
(a) To go into the Marines.
(b) To go into the Navy.
(c) To go into the Air Force.
(d) To go into the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the play begin with?
2. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
3. According to El Pachuco, why is Alice asking Henry questions?
4. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
5. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)