|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
(a) Shoddy investigative work.
(b) A frame-up.
2. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
3. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
(a) Wipe out bad police officers.
(b) Prevent cover-ups.
(c) Wipe out prejudice.
(d) Wipe out bad investigations.
4. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) A zoot suit.
(b) A gang sweatshirt.
(c) Gang colors.
(d) A t-shirt and jeans.
5. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
(a) Protect the boys' parents.
(b) Represent the boys.
(c) Keep the boys out of jail.
(d) Protect the boys' gang.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
2. What kind of cops are leading the investigation that Henry is involved in?
3. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
4. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
5. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)