|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
2. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
(b) Give an aside.
3. Where does Henry put his knife?
(a) At Rafas' throat.
(b) At Rafas' knee.
(c) At Rafas' ear.
(d) At Rafas' arm.
4. Where does El Pachuco take the story at the end of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) To the courtroom.
(b) To the news station.
(c) To the courthouse.
(d) To the newsroom.
5. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
(a) Intellectual rightists.
(b) Intellectual conservatives.
(c) Intellectual leftists.
(d) Intellectual social engagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
2. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
3. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
4. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
5. Who takes Henry out of the line-up and throws him to the floor?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)